Schmidt Custom Floors Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since October 2008

1264 S Grant Ave

Loveland, CO 80537

Locally owned & operated. 14 employees....

06/04/2016

Marc V.

We had purchased a home that has hickory floors that had been deeply scratched by two dogs and had been coated with Orange Glow. The two workers who did the refinishing were polite and professional. They used a sanding machine that sucked up most of the dust. When finished, they hand dusted the rooms that had been worked on. They were very careful not to damage the walls with the sanding machine. The project took four days. When they were done, we had brand new floors. We would highly recommend Schmidt Custom Floors for refinishing.

Description of Work
Refinish 1000 sq feet of hardwood floor

02/16/2015

Brian R.

The way our floors were installed made a crack between boards. Sent a person who explained everything he did as he fixed the 3 foot area. This repaired area is so well done, we cant tell it ever had a repaired.

Description of Work
Great job, finished ahead of schedule. Color is wonderful. Repaired a area cant tell it ever had a repair.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

08/11/2014

Ronald C.

Showed up on time, all work was done on time and very high quality. I would definitely hire them again

Description of Work
refinished 4 rooms with original 1956 oak floors including three closets. Also repaired several holes left from cable installation and built three thresholds.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

07/27/2014

Kristine F.

The floor looks great! We're happy with the outcome and would recommend Schmidt Custom Floors to anyone.

Description of Work
Installed a wood floor, removed old carpeting, laminate and tile.

07/14/2014

Arthur B.

The purchase went very well. Salesman/part owner was very good, listened to our needs, and directed us to a carpet and pad that met both our need and budget. He was very pleasent to deal with. His installer was prompt, efficent and professional. Very good to deal with. Job was done one time and very well. One of his helpers had to leave before the install was complete which left him temporaly short handed. He immediately called another helper who was here within 30 minutes or so and the work was completed timely. The only confusion was with the transition pieces in the bedroom doors to bridge the area between the bedroom carpet and the laminate flooring in the hall. I had the transition material, which matched the hall flooring, on hand but forgot to mention it to to the carpet sales man so it was not covered by the instructions given the installer. I only discovered the omission when I went to check on their progress and found them using the old metal transitions pieces they pulled up when the removed the old carpet and pad. . I pointed out the problem and got the correct transiton mateial from the garage. The installer promptly and without question or hesditation pulled up the old transitions and neatly and professionally cut, fitted and installed the proper ones. I couldn't ask for more from him. I would have preferred that the company's owner/salesman mention the transitions at the time we purchased the carpet so it was covered in the installers instructions and the confusion would not have occured. This is the only glitch in our experience with Schmidt. I regard it as minor and will not hesitate to purchase from them again.

Description of Work
Sold and installed new carpet and pad in three bedrooms in our home. This included removing and taking away the old carpet and pad.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

05/19/2014

Marianne L.

Schmidt Custom Floors was very helpful (and patient) through a long process of trying to decide which style and color of carpet I liked best. I spent several hours in their show room, and they ordered several samples for me to look at in my home. Dave, the manager of the carpet showroom, made several good suggestions about which types of patterns work well in different settings. Jill, an Interior Designer, helped me coordinate carpet color with paint samples. The long deciding process was worth it, because the new carpet looks beautiful with the paint and wood trim in the house. The install process included removing and disposing of old carpet and pad, installing new pad and carpet over the entire 2nd floor (including inside closets), and recarpeting the stairwell. The work went smoothly and was finished in a day. I'm very happy with the new carpet.

Description of Work
Schmidt Custom Floors installed new carpet in my 2nd story and stairwell.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

01/20/2014

Cindy W.

Our call was returned. The estimator arrived on time, and was courteous and knowledgeable. He provided an estimate. We would have used them, but a company we had used before came with a lower estimate and we were very happy with their previous work. We would contact Schmidt again if the company we used were unavailable.

Description of Work
They came out and gave a thorough estimate for refinishing our wood floors.

11/16/2013

William M.

Everything went as planned and promised. The job took two days. Brian and Corey came on day one to sand off the old finish and apply stain, which had to dry overnight. They were prompt, efficient, polite, pleasant and very professional. They came with some very impressive equipment and were obviously well trained in how to set up and use it. I was particularly impressed by the vacuum system that was attached to the commercial grade sanders they used. The result was an almost dustless job. The stain that was used had a solvent odor that lingered for a while but it was not overbearing. Fortunately, the job took place over two nice days so we were able to open windows and doors for cross ventilation. On day two Corey and Mark came back to put down the final finish coat. It went on in two applications, the first in the morning and the second about three hours later. It dried quickly and set up beautifully. About four hours after the second coat dried we were able to walk on the floor in sock feet. Our breakfast set can be put back in two to three days and our area rugs in a week. That's because the final coatings need time to continue to cure and harden. The floors were installed 16 years ago when the house was built. Over that time have taken a beating because our home has been the site of many family gatherings, not to mention the strain of normal traffic, wear and tear resulting from pets and kids in a busy kitchen that is pretty much the heart of the house. We selected a stain called Nutmeg, which is about three shades darker than no stain at all and has a slightly warm brown tone to it. It is by no means dark, so the beauty of the oak planking and all the variations in color and grain literally pop out at you. The sheen is satin, which makes far better sense for flooring than high gloss. The bottom line is I couldn't be happier about the outcome. This is a quality company that employs well trained professionals. I am elated with the results and would not hesitate to use them again. I highly recommend Schmidt's to anyone who needs wood floors refinished.

Description of Work
Refinished oak flooring in our kitchen and breakfast area.

10/22/2013

stephen B.

We purchased a home 5 years ago. The hardwood floor was in poor condition, but we didn't re-finish until this year. I contacted 4 companies - 3 on Angie's list and one on a free list. The one on the free list and one of the others set appointments but never showed up. Schmidt responded fastest, the other was in about a week. That was ok since they both are very busy. Schmidt had a very professional person come to see what we wanted. The other company seemed to have a foreman type for whom the estimating was a chore rather than his main job. Schmidt gave an inclusive quote. I liked that because the other one had several options. I am not the knowledgeable one - I want to be quoted what I needed. I also liked that Schmidt always used the dustless sanding. Why would I want anything else? Why would a company make that an option? While Schmidt doesn't move furniture, they had a name of a company that does (which we used and they did a good job). The job was scheduled to meet my schedule and when they called to confirm a few days before the job was to start, they accommodated a day's delay with no problem. The crew showed up on time and answered every question we had regarding the timetable. They did an excellent job. One tricky thing was at the top of our stairs. I had installed a floor on the second floor, but was unsure how to tie the two floors together. They did a job that tied the two floors together seamlessly. I couldn't be happier. A day after the job was completed, Mr. Schmidt called me up to schedule a final inspection. He came by to make sure that we were happy with the job. Having been a contractor in a former life (35 years ago) , I was very impressed with Schmidt Custom Floors.

Description of Work
Sanded and re-finished hardwood floor and stairs. Connected top of stairs to upper floor with custom made piece

08/29/2013

Debra C.

They were very professional; had very nice samples, but their estimate was much higher than we wanted.

Description of Work
provided estimate to lay pre-finished exotic hardwood flooring

The Grout Medic -Northern Colorado/ Denver North

We are the leaders in Grout and Tile restoration and repair. Utilizing the latest technology and products we seek to maintain the highest standards of service and professionalism in our industry. The Grout Medic specializes in performing services on your existing grout and tile surfaces. Each Grout Medic technician is trained to evaluate your needs, and prescribe and perform the procedures for you in a professional and courteous manner while exceeding your expectations. At The Grout Medic, we can perform all of our services in both the residential and commercial environment. Each individual job we complete is designed to bring your grout and tile back to life, protect it for years to come and add value to your home.

Revive Restoration

Revie Restoration is a Colorado Proud company that provides 24/7 water damage cleanup, mitigation and rebuild of your property to its original contition. We pride ourselves on attention to detail and expertise. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship from start to completion of every project. Our reputation is based on excellent service, safety, and quality, regardless of how large or small job. Call us today. We look forward to working with you!

Creative Customs Flooring

Customer inspired, perfection installed. #1 in the Front Range for quality install. Never a bad review, and never sent back to do a repair. Once we leave your floor is complete, and of the upmost quality. Creative Customs Flooring is a locally owned floor installation and home remodel company that turns customer visions into reality. Over 10 years of multiple trade experiences with a focus on flooring. All installations come with a two year warranty. LVP, LVT, and Harwood. Veteran, Military, First Responder and Teacher discounts available. We only do 500 square feet or more on hardwoods and LVP! We will do less square feet on Tile! We do not do repairs!!!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Prefinished and handscraped hardwood flooring installation and refinishing, dust-free sanding, carpet & sales, tile installation & sales.