Leading Edge Electric & Construction

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2010

138 E 4th St

Loveland, CO 80537

Michele Rutt is the owner and Master Electrician of Leading Edge Electric. With over 2 decades of experience our company provides a level of expertise and credibility that has earned us top ratings on Angies List, the BBB and many other local home improvement entities. We offer a vast array of

12/08/2020

Mimi M.

They install 1 semi flush ceiling lights and they put 5 holes... I had to pay someone to cover the holes

Description of Work
semi flush lights

Category lighting

Hi [Member Name Removed], i'm sorry you had a bad experience with whoever you hired but we're not the company you hired! I see you're in Vermont, we're in Colorado!

06/19/2020

Ken S.

The job was to move a house's wiring from one electric meter to another. The work took the Leading Edge electrician 2 hours, and he did a good job. Everything was done right the first time. Having given credit where it is due, I would not be telling the full story without mentioning some serious issues: (1) They were hired on March 10. They said they would do the job the week of March 16; that week came and went with no work done (and no update of any kind). The delay continued until March 31, when I basically said it was now or never. The main issue was a lack of coordination with the electric company. (2) All work was completed on March 31. I got the bill on May 18. Due date: May 18! The electrician was there 2 hours, but the bill was for 3.5 hours. Bottom line: I chose Leading Edge over lower bids, but knowing everything I know now, I would make a different choice.

Description of Work
Moving house wiring from one electric meter to another.

09/24/2019

Scott N.

Less than a year ago Leading Edge installed an electric car charging port installed in my garage. They showed up at the appointment time, did the work in just a couple of hours and I was pleased with everything. Earlier this week, the circuit for all the bathrooms in my house stopped working. After checking the circuit breaker, I eventually decided it might be a bad GFCI receptacle. I replaced the GFCI receptacle and it still didn't work. So I called Leading Edge. Michelle communicated her arrival date/time and after arriving, quickly got to work checking the main circuits. After less than 10 minutes, she determined I likely hooked up the new GFCI receptacle incorrectly. She switched the wires and everything started working. And she didn't charge me for her professional help. I would definitely hire Leading Edge for my future electrical work.

Description of Work
Install level 2 charging port in garage and fix a faulty circuit.

Category electrician

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the positive feedback and all of the biking knowledge! Glad we could help!

11/19/2018

SCOTT H.

i needed electrical work for a remodel project. leading edge was booked for the time period i needed, but they took the time to recommend another electrician who turned out great.

Description of Work
electrical wiring

Category electrician

We are glad Aaron took care of things for you! Thanks for [Member Name Removed] review!!

07/29/2018

Morgan L.

They contacted me right away. They were very friendly but we didn't follow through with what I wanted to do. Very pleasant contact though.

Description of Work
I needed to add an outlet to a circuit.

Category electrician

Just let us know if we can help in the future, [Member Name Removed]. Thanks!

05/17/2018

Kathy L.

It went really, the electrician showed up on time, and did a great job. Very good!

Description of Work
Install recess lights

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate you contacting us for your electrical needs!

04/11/2018

Dustin M.

It went well. Felt like it went by very quickly. Associate was knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Breaker Box Mapping and Electrical Outlet Grounding

Category electrician

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review and for choosing us first!

03/06/2018

David T.

Very professional and they were able to perform other work for us to at a great cost. Would use again.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

We appreciate you, [Member Name Removed]. Thanks!

02/20/2018

Gabe B.

The panel upgrade required a period when the electricity would not be on, as the system had to be inspected before it could be powered. Knowing this was risky because I depend on electric baseboard heating in the winter, I told the electrician I would not agree to the project unless he could promise the power would be off for a maximum of one day. The estimator promised that they could schedule it this way. I contacted the company in November to initiate the process. I obtained an estimate, signed it, and sent it right back. The company contacted me a week later to ask if I was still interested in going ahead with the project. Do to the amount of jobs they had received that week, my job had been pushed back another 2-3 weeks, to sometime in December. After this small miscommunication, I was upset, but still understanding. They got me on the schedule for sure, but we both had to wait for the electric company to install the meter. The power company was finally able to come out and install a new meter. This happened around the middle of January. The electric company had not been communicating with the power company, and it took the electricians until January 29th to get to me. All of this is just scheduling nonsense, and had nothing else occurred I would have given the company a "B" or better. However, the electricians showed up on a Monday morning, ready to do their work. They insured me that inspections are usually scheduled for the next day. I let them do their work, helped them where I could, and they were finished and gone by the early afternoon. I live in a mountainous area, and don't get cell reception. Without power, I had to drive down the mountain to make some calls and check my email. Upon checking my email, I found two messages from the electricians. One was asking if they should pull the permit, and the other was asking when to schedule the inspection. Knowing how long it can take to schedule an inspection, I called them immediately. They agreed to figure it out as fast as possible. Come to find out, the inspector only comes to my area on Wednesdays. Had they asked, they would have known. I was told this fact within my first call to the inspector. This kept me without power through Wednesday. Further, because the electricians had not communicated or scheduled anything with the power company, they had to wait for notification from the state that my new system had passed inspection. They didn't receive this notification until Thursday night, and didn't get a crew out to me until Friday morning. What was supposed to be a 24 hour blackout turned into a 96 hour blackout. The groceries in my fridge went bad. I was forced to purchase hundreds of dollars of firewood to heat my cabin and ensure that the water in the toilet and pipes would't freeze and cause damage. I made multiple trips into town to purchase things like emergency lights and extra blankets to keep my girlfriend and dogs from freezing. All-in-all I spent well over $500 extra dollars in the week without power. To top it off, the inspection did not pass completely. The electricians forgot to do basic things like install an inter-system bonding bar or seal the raceways in the breaker box. They also created a listing violation by twisting two wires together and putting them under one clamp on the ground. They contacted me to schedule when they could fix these simple items, and informed me it would be another two weeks at least. Frustrated, I fixed the items myself and passed the re-inspection before they could have even made it back to my house. For my work in fixing the mistakes they made, they took $200 off my invoice of $1900. They did not compensate me at all for the groceries spoiled, extra wood purchased, or time which their egregious scheduling cost me. Terrible company, would not recommend unless you are some sort of masochist who enjoys simple projects becoming excruciatingly painful.

Description of Work
I required an upgrade to my service panel.

Category electrician

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business, and taking time to share your comments. Your experience with your panel change was influenced by a number of factors, two major ones being the three month delay from the power provider in completing their part of the service upgrade (which took us into the middle of winter for a cabin located in a rural area), and a state inspector who isn't able to inspect remote locations as quickly as other properties. When we met you and the power company rep at your cabin in mid-October, we also did not expect to wait until the middle of January to be able to do our part of the project. We contacted the power provider when you accepted the bid, and they told us they would let us know when they were scheduled to upgrade your service. They never did let us know, so you contacted us on January 18th to say the service had been upgraded, and we scheduled the panel change as quickly as our schedule allowed, which was January 29th. We always coordinate with the power provider so we can follow-up quickly with our work, but as they did not contact us, we responded in as timely a manner as we were able to. That being said, the new service and panel are installed, and you should be in good shape for whatever your future electric needs are. Your original estimate was for $2103 for permit, labor and materials. Your actual invoiced amount was $1624, a difference of $479.00. We are sorry you feel our performance is worthy of a "D" rating; our dozens of "A" ratings are evidence that the vast majority of our customers have a positive experience, are satisfied with the value and quality of our work, and that we make right on any mistakes instead of walking away, or not answering phone calls or emails. Once again, we thank you for your comments, it serves to make us a better company.

02/19/2018

Susan M.

Super! On time, friendly workmen, cleaned up after themselves!

Description of Work
Fan installed; foyer chandelier replaced

Category electrician, ceiling fans

01/16/2018

Judy B.

The job went great and the electrician and partner were awesome...communicative, responsive and qualified. We'll hire again!

Description of Work
Hang a light in a two story entrance and replace a ballast in a utility room.

Category electrician

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the kind words about my technicians! I'm pleased that you had an exceptional experience and we definitely look forward to working with you again! Michele Rutt Owner/Master Electrician

12/29/2017

Kellie C.

Work went well and quickly. Electrician was very nice and knowledgeable. Price was a little high for just replacing a GFCI outlet. Was charged $55 just for the trip.

Description of Work
Replacement of an outlet.

Category electrician

Hello! Thank you for choosing us first! You are appreciated! We look forward to adding value to you in the future. You are now a preferred customer and eligible for any upcoming discounts and specials that we offer! Michele Rutt Owner/Master Electrician

12/14/2017

Andy S.

Excellent! The work was done very timely and professionally with no hiccups. Aaron was extremely friendly and knowledgeable both times he came out and we will be getting him back out again soon for some more projects soon.

Description of Work
New outlets in garage, outside of house, and family room floor and two fixture replacements.

12/13/2017

Becky S.

It was great. I've used Michelle and her crew several times and can't say enough about how great they are. They are responsive, professional, fairly priced. I've even had to cancel and reschedule and they worked with me to get my project done in a timely manner. I've had Leading edge do several projects for us over the years and they are always wonderful. I highly recommend them. You won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
We needed a ceiling fan installed

12/07/2017

Daryl C.

Smoothly. No issues. Very professional, and I WILL be using them in the near future for other projects. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
I needed a 220 outlet for an electric cooktop. They arrived on time, got right to work after assessing their options, and even installed the cooktop once the outlet was placed. Both were polite and knowledgeable, one perhaps in training. Once they were finished I asked about a project not finished by a different electrician company; he said it was quite simple and could be done in 15min! They cleaned up after themselves, answered my questions, never seemed rushed to get on to the next job. Could not ask for better. And yes, the new cooktop works like a dream!

09/01/2017

Stephen C.

Fantastic! Great work. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
I was pleasantly surprised when these guys came to do this work. They were a sub for another project 2 years earlier. Loved their work then. Loved them when I had them directly work on a small project.

Category electrician

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. It was great working with you and we look forward to working with you again. Thank you so much for the great review as well. We love when our customers let us know how we're doing.

08/14/2017

Roger P.

They did the work in two visits with different electricians. Both were very professional, friendly, and really knew what they were doing. And they came up with innovative solutions to what we were trying to accomplish.

Description of Work
Various projects, including installing a ceiling fan, under-cabinet lighting, adding light switches, etc.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! It's so great to hear that you were satisfied with our electricians. Of course we strive to have the best in the business including professionalism, knowledge, and customer service! We are also happy that you found solutions to the issues you were concerned with. Thank you again for your review, it really helps us grow as a business and know how we are doing. We look forward to working with you again [Member Name Removed].

07/26/2017

Susan M.

Extremely professional; quick scheduling; easy to work with; followed up to make sure job was done correctly; fixed a builder error on my light switch; definitely hire again

Description of Work
Hanging a new chandelier; fan installation

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Hey [Member Name Removed]! We really love what we do but without our customers we would be nothing, so THANK YOU for your business and for the review! We are extremely happy that you are satisfied with our services and we sincerely look forward to working with you again!!!

07/26/2017

Lynn W.

Great. Very professional, beautiful results and cleaned up everything before they left.

Description of Work
Replaced all kitchen lights.

Category electrician

[Member Name Removed]! We are so happy that we got the opportunity to work with you and even happier that you were satisfied with our services! We sincerely look forward to working with you again in the future.

07/10/2017

Jackie K.

This was easy from start to finish. After purchasing the light fixture deal on Angie's list, I got an email a few hours later with an appointment time. I got a confirmation e-mail a few days before my appointment. Theo and the junior electrician arrived 10 minutes early, and finished in less than 30 minutes. They also took the old light fixture with them so I didn't have to worry about what to do with it. I was impressed with their punctuality and professionalism. I would not hesitate to use them again!

Description of Work
I needed to swap out a light fixture in my dining area.

Category electrician, lighting

Hi [Member Name Removed]!!! Thank you for the awesome review! We love to hear from our customers and it makes us really happy to see that you were happy with the work that was done. We love to see that our customers are ready to work with us again in the future, and we look forward to hearing from you [Member Name Removed]!!!

06/29/2017

Amanda C.

Michele and her crew did an excellent job on my extensive electrical work. I have an old house with plaster walls that had knob and tube in most of the house. I previously contacted other electricians to inquire about rewiring. They either told me it could not be done without knocking out all of the plaster or gave me a ridiculously high estimate (3x higher than Leading Edge) because they likely did not want to take on such a complicated project. Michele was eager to take on the job and finished the work in a very timely manner. Thanks to Michele and team for all of their work!

Description of Work
Rewire to replace knob and tube, new electrical panel, new outlets, and baseboard heater

Category electrician

Thank you for the awesome review [Member Name Removed]! We loved the challenge of your project and I'm glad we were able to come up with solutions for rewiring parts of the house that were inaccessible. I may be biased. It the new lighting does look super cool! Michele

06/29/2017

Alex T.

Theo was very thorough and explained what he was doing so that it was easy for me to understand. He was a pleasure to work with and I was glad that a good 'troubleshooter' was there to fix the kind of off the wall problem.

Description of Work
We had a blown circuit but didn't know exactly what was blown. Theo came out and did some great investigation work to find and solve the problem!

Category electrician

Thanks for choosing us first [Member Name Removed]! We love what we do and our technicians are highly skilled! Thank you for the opportunity of letting us serve you! Michele

06/17/2017

Donna M.

Worked with Michelle, Seth & Jared - they are awesome! We had tried to do some wiring on our own (with instruction from a big chain that will remain nameless) and had not done a very good job! Seth originally came out and was very helpful in letting me know what we needed to do. Michelle followed up with a visit to go over the job and quickly sent me a very reasonable quote! The time between the quote and actual work was more than a month and there was no problem honoring the amount. Jared and his crew showed up on time and were very professional. Because this was my first time ever dealing with this type of work, some things were unclear in my mind but Jared worked with me and they got the job done in no time! I try to use small businesses whenever I can and this is one that I will most definitely use again!

Description of Work
Rewired kitchen for remodel - fixed our "screw ups"

Category electrician

[Member Name Removed] we are SO happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience! We make it a priority to help the customer understand the work being done because we find that it helps them be more at ease. We LOVE that you support Colorado small business and we really look forward to working with you in the future! Feel free to follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Thank you also for taking the time to leave us a review we really appreciate it!!!

06/04/2017

Ronald B.

The personnel arrived quickly changed out the light and installed the new fixture without any issues. They explained what they were doing and were very knowledgeable. When the installation was complete, they cleaned up after themselves. The light has worked great and we will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
We purchased their coupon to change a light fixture.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your review! We love to hear from our customers and are really happy to hear that you had a good experience with us! We REALLY look forward to working with you again!!!

05/08/2017

Denise W.

Leading Edge scheduled me, showed up on time, did the work really well and rapidly. I've worked with both Michelle, the owner, then with Aaron. They are both very good at what they do, knowledgeable, and friendly. Aaron even cut some wires on an old alarm that goes off without warning, which wasn't part of the job. He looked at the circuitry and just took care of it. Michelle is amazing. A former avionics engineer, I really trust her and her electrical work, plus I know she only sends the best. She worked for me on a former job, and it was my impression of her and her business on that one that I called for this most recent job. I will definitely call Leading Edge again and again.

Description of Work
I needed fixtures and a fan installed in a 1928 home with old and challenging wiring.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

[Member Name Removed], thank you for this wonderfully detailed review!!! We love to hear about you WHOLE experience, it helps us to know what we are doing right and what could use improvement. I'm so happy to hear that you got an additional issue taken care of with the alarm. If you have a small problem that we can take care of to make your experience better, then that is what we want to do! We want our customer service to go above and beyond! Thanks again and we look forward to working with you again and again!

JAC Decks LLC

J.A.C Decks is an owner operated business, specializing in transforming your outdoor living area into somewhere you will not want to leave. We are an up and coming small business taking pride in what we love doing. After five years of being in the industry we opened shop in northern Colorado. Our scope of work ranges from full deck remodels, resurfacing, deck maintenance, and deck additions. Additionally, we offer various handyman services. From cabinetry work, various electrical needs, and door maintenance. This includes our knowledge and tools for anything that is needed.

J&N Maintenance

J&N Maintenance, LLC. is a local, family-owned business established in 2016. With over 20 years of construction experience, there is no task too small for our team. From bathroom remodels to rebuilding your back porch, our team has all the tradecraft you need for your residential or commercial project. Our Promises: - Clear Communication - Free Estimates & Scope Assessments - Quality Craftsmanship - Satisfaction Guaranteed

Northern Lights Exteriors

Northern Lights Exteriors is a full-service exterior remodeling contractor offering roofing, siding, replacement windows, gutters, house painting, and much more to home and business owners across Colorado. Simply put - we believe It's What's On the Outside That Counts! The main differentiators we have over our competitors is our CORE VALUES of Communication and Transparency, our dedication to meticulous workmanship, and our ability to be the only contractor you need to hire for anything on the outside of your box! We know that one of the biggest pain points for clients during a construction project is knowing where you are in the build process. Because of this, Northern Lights Exteriors designed and created proprietary software that allows you to access project information on-demand via a customized portal for your job. We guarantee you won't feel "out of the loop" - because you will always have a place to visually see the schedule, notes, delivery status', payments owed, and contract details. We invest in our teams and crews and provide annual education courses to stay up to date on the best practices for warranty install requirements and other new product offerings. As a company we offer a wide range of options that will fit the needs of most design or budget ideas. From roofing products that will range between "keep you dry" to Storm and Impact Resistant products, as well as James Hardie Siding to vinyl - we will be able to find what's best for our clients without "pushing" you one-way or another. By having one contractor service all your property needs, it allows you to get a better deal and work more efficiently and handle all the details of your project from ONE SOURCE.

Award 2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, PayPal

Take comfort in knowing that Michele is a Master Electrician with 15+ years of experience. We service customers in residential, commercial, industrial and maintenance applications. So whether it's a home or a business, we've got it covered! We do new construction, remodel, basement finishes, home audio/theaters, phone/tv wiring, commercial tenant finishes, home inspections, lighting upgrades, landscape lighting, property maintenance and emergency service.

Security systems, solar systems.