Leading Edge Electric & Construction

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2010

Michele Rutt is the owner and Master Electrician of Leading Edge Electric. With over 2 decades of experience our company provides a level of expertise and credibility that has earned us top ratings on Angies List, the BBB and many other local home improvement entities. We offer a vast array of electrical services including Residential, Commercial and Industrial new construction, Remodel, Basement finishes, small home improvement projects, solar system installs, landscape lighting, generator back-up systems, hot tub wiring and much, much more. We service more than 1,000 customers per year with Excellence and we are the industry leaders in design solutions and energy efficiency. DRIVEN BY INTEGRITY/ POWERED BY EXCELLENCE...

Solar Pathways Energy

Solar Pathways offers solar design and installation to both residential and commercial clients. We are dedicated to providing an amazing customer service experience through our dedication to excellence. We value each and every customer, both current and potential, and work very hard to ensure that our approach is consultative, not sales focused. Our approach involves learning about each customer's energy needs, goals and budget and finding a solution that best fits within those parameters. We are here to build relationships with our customers and communities and to provide our employees with a great place to work where they feel valued and appreciated. Our tagline is "Creating the path to a renewable future" and we take that to heart and are here to help with your solar needs! We also offer quality electrical work and would love to help your residential electrical needs as well. We look forward to working with you!

Amp'd Up Electric LLC

Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric

COVID-19 UPDATE! Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric is wearing Gloves, Booties, and Masks and doing our best to maintain social distancing with every customer contact. Additionally, all employees are conducting daily health checks. Your safety and the safety of our employees is our highest priority! Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric provides the highest quality service for all your Furnace, Air Conditioner, Boiler, Water Heater, plumbing and electrical systems. We utilize the latest technology to save our customers time and money including tablet-based systems with "Uber Style" tracking of your technician, and "Up Front" pricing so there are never any surprises. Our staff is licensed, insured, background checked, drug tested, and in a company uniform and vehicle for your safety and peace of mind. We are a Veteran Owned company.

Offers by Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric on Angi

12/08/2020

They install 1 semi flush ceiling lights and they put 5 holes... I had to pay someone to cover the holes

Description of Work
semi flush lights

Category lighting

Hi [Member Name Removed], i'm sorry you had a bad experience with whoever you hired but we're not the company you hired! I see you're in Vermont, we're in Colorado!

06/19/2020

The job was to move a house's wiring from one electric meter to another. The work took the Leading Edge electrician 2 hours, and he did a good job. Everything was done right the first time. Having given credit where it is due, I would not be telling the full story without mentioning some serious issues: (1) They were hired on March 10. They said they would do the job the week of March 16; that week came and went with no work done (and no update of any kind). The delay continued until March 31, when I basically said it was now or never. The main issue was a lack of coordination with the electric company. (2) All work was completed on March 31. I got the bill on May 18. Due date: May 18! The electrician was there 2 hours, but the bill was for 3.5 hours. Bottom line: I chose Leading Edge over lower bids, but knowing everything I know now, I would make a different choice.

Description of Work
Moving house wiring from one electric meter to another.

09/24/2019

Less than a year ago Leading Edge installed an electric car charging port installed in my garage. They showed up at the appointment time, did the work in just a couple of hours and I was pleased with everything. Earlier this week, the circuit for all the bathrooms in my house stopped working. After checking the circuit breaker, I eventually decided it might be a bad GFCI receptacle. I replaced the GFCI receptacle and it still didn't work. So I called Leading Edge. Michelle communicated her arrival date/time and after arriving, quickly got to work checking the main circuits. After less than 10 minutes, she determined I likely hooked up the new GFCI receptacle incorrectly. She switched the wires and everything started working. And she didn't charge me for her professional help. I would definitely hire Leading Edge for my future electrical work.

Description of Work
Install level 2 charging port in garage and fix a faulty circuit.

Category electrician

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the positive feedback and all of the biking knowledge! Glad we could help!

11/19/2018

i needed electrical work for a remodel project. leading edge was booked for the time period i needed, but they took the time to recommend another electrician who turned out great.

Description of Work
electrical wiring

Category electrician

We are glad Aaron took care of things for you! Thanks for [Member Name Removed] review!!

07/29/2018

They contacted me right away. They were very friendly but we didn't follow through with what I wanted to do. Very pleasant contact though.

Description of Work
I needed to add an outlet to a circuit.

Category electrician

Just let us know if we can help in the future, [Member Name Removed]. Thanks!

05/17/2018

It went really, the electrician showed up on time, and did a great job. Very good!

Description of Work
Install recess lights

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate you contacting us for your electrical needs!

04/11/2018

It went well. Felt like it went by very quickly. Associate was knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Breaker Box Mapping and Electrical Outlet Grounding

Category electrician

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review and for choosing us first!

03/06/2018

Very professional and they were able to perform other work for us to at a great cost. Would use again.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

We appreciate you, [Member Name Removed]. Thanks!

02/20/2018

The panel upgrade required a period when the electricity would not be on, as the system had to be inspected before it could be powered. Knowing this was risky because I depend on electric baseboard heating in the winter, I told the electrician I would not agree to the project unless he could promise the power would be off for a maximum of one day. The estimator promised that they could schedule it this way. I contacted the company in November to initiate the process. I obtained an estimate, signed it, and sent it right back. The company contacted me a week later to ask if I was still interested in going ahead with the project. Do to the amount of jobs they had received that week, my job had been pushed back another 2-3 weeks, to sometime in December. After this small miscommunication, I was upset, but still understanding. They got me on the schedule for sure, but we both had to wait for the electric company to install the meter. The power company was finally able to come out and install a new meter. This happened around the middle of January. The electric company had not been communicating with the power company, and it took the electricians until January 29th to get to me. All of this is just scheduling nonsense, and had nothing else occurred I would have given the company a "B" or better. However, the electricians showed up on a Monday morning, ready to do their work. They insured me that inspections are usually scheduled for the next day. I let them do their work, helped them where I could, and they were finished and gone by the early afternoon. I live in a mountainous area, and don't get cell reception. Without power, I had to drive down the mountain to make some calls and check my email. Upon checking my email, I found two messages from the electricians. One was asking if they should pull the permit, and the other was asking when to schedule the inspection. Knowing how long it can take to schedule an inspection, I called them immediately. They agreed to figure it out as fast as possible. Come to find out, the inspector only comes to my area on Wednesdays. Had they asked, they would have known. I was told this fact within my first call to the inspector. This kept me without power through Wednesday. Further, because the electricians had not communicated or scheduled anything with the power company, they had to wait for notification from the state that my new system had passed inspection. They didn't receive this notification until Thursday night, and didn't get a crew out to me until Friday morning. What was supposed to be a 24 hour blackout turned into a 96 hour blackout. The groceries in my fridge went bad. I was forced to purchase hundreds of dollars of firewood to heat my cabin and ensure that the water in the toilet and pipes would't freeze and cause damage. I made multiple trips into town to purchase things like emergency lights and extra blankets to keep my girlfriend and dogs from freezing. All-in-all I spent well over $500 extra dollars in the week without power. To top it off, the inspection did not pass completely. The electricians forgot to do basic things like install an inter-system bonding bar or seal the raceways in the breaker box. They also created a listing violation by twisting two wires together and putting them under one clamp on the ground. They contacted me to schedule when they could fix these simple items, and informed me it would be another two weeks at least. Frustrated, I fixed the items myself and passed the re-inspection before they could have even made it back to my house. For my work in fixing the mistakes they made, they took $200 off my invoice of $1900. They did not compensate me at all for the groceries spoiled, extra wood purchased, or time which their egregious scheduling cost me. Terrible company, would not recommend unless you are some sort of masochist who enjoys simple projects becoming excruciatingly painful.

Description of Work
I required an upgrade to my service panel.

Category electrician

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business, and taking time to share your comments. Your experience with your panel change was influenced by a number of factors, two major ones being the three month delay from the power provider in completing their part of the service upgrade (which took us into the middle of winter for a cabin located in a rural area), and a state inspector who isn't able to inspect remote locations as quickly as other properties. When we met you and the power company rep at your cabin in mid-October, we also did not expect to wait until the middle of January to be able to do our part of the project. We contacted the power provider when you accepted the bid, and they told us they would let us know when they were scheduled to upgrade your service. They never did let us know, so you contacted us on January 18th to say the service had been upgraded, and we scheduled the panel change as quickly as our schedule allowed, which was January 29th. We always coordinate with the power provider so we can follow-up quickly with our work, but as they did not contact us, we responded in as timely a manner as we were able to. That being said, the new service and panel are installed, and you should be in good shape for whatever your future electric needs are. Your original estimate was for $2103 for permit, labor and materials. Your actual invoiced amount was $1624, a difference of $479.00. We are sorry you feel our performance is worthy of a "D" rating; our dozens of "A" ratings are evidence that the vast majority of our customers have a positive experience, are satisfied with the value and quality of our work, and that we make right on any mistakes instead of walking away, or not answering phone calls or emails. Once again, we thank you for your comments, it serves to make us a better company.

02/19/2018

Super! On time, friendly workmen, cleaned up after themselves!

Description of Work
Fan installed; foyer chandelier replaced

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Take comfort in knowing that Michele is a Master Electrician with 15+ years of experience. We service customers in residential, commercial, industrial and maintenance applications. So whether it's a home or a business, we've got it covered! We do new construction, remodel, basement finishes, home audio/theaters, phone/tv wiring, commercial tenant finishes, home inspections, lighting upgrades, landscape lighting, property maintenance and emergency service.

Security systems, solar systems.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, PayPal