Mold Inspection Sciences of Cincinnati

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2013

PO Box 270664

Louisville, CO 80027

Mold Inspection Sciences of Cincinnati offers our valued clients expert mold and moisture inspection and mold testing services. Our company has performed thousands of inspections since we were founded in 2002. We have an A+ record with the Better Business Bureau with no customer complaints. Looking for More Advice on Mold, Allergy, and Air Quality Impacting Your Family, Home, or Business? Listen in to The Secret Life of Mold Podcast Now Streaming On: Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-secret-life-of-mold-mold-inspection-radio/id1459902004 Google: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy9hNWU5ZDQwL3BvZGNhc3QvcnNz Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1J1M4djZa41ICtMR0kCcMl Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mold-inspection-sciences/the-secret-life-of-mold...

07/02/2016

Nancy Lee C.

Chuck Billlingsly did an excellent, professional, thorough inspection of our entire home for mold and mold related problems. He gave us tons of valuable information and insight into our mold problem. He listened closely to all our concerns and left us feeling much more capable of dealing with (and a caution of what we should let professionals deal with) a situation that has created serious problems for both our house and our health. The report received from Mold Inspection Sciences of Cincinnati was very impressive and easy to understand. I recommend this company, and especially Chuck to all in need of this type of service.

Description of Work
Mold Inspection

11/25/2015

Deborah O.

outstanding! Chuck was honest, out going and very helpful. He explained to me the entire process as he was here.

Description of Work
full walk of my property for a check on air quality and mold.

10/23/2015

Robin B.

Description of Work
They did a mold inspection. They helped us a lot a lot.

02/25/2015

GREG M.

Description of Work
Chuck provided tests of surface mold and air quality in room. Chuck was extremely thorough and patient with all questions. Chuck was also responsive with subsequent questions - worth the cost of getting it right, top notch service and Chuck is awesome.

09/04/2014

Thomas S.

Description of Work
We highly recommend MOLD INSPECTION SCIENCES OF CINCINNATI. We used them in inspecting our home for mold and then again after remediation occurred for post-inspection. | |They were helpful and informative. They also were helpful with pointing out challenges to our remediation contractor which gave us greater confidence in getting the job done right.

09/03/2014

Deborah P.

I experienced a leak in my home from a water intake line to a toilet. The leak occurred into the bathroom wall and went into the ceiling of a bedroom on the basement level before discovery. Mold was suspected on the bathroom baseboard and in the ceiling of the basement bedroom, which had been opened to drain the water. I searched for a company that could provide me with mold inspection services that wasn't in the business of providing mold remediation services, as I felt this could present a conflict of interest. I was very pleased to have Chuck Billingsley, Senior Mold Inspector and Environmental Hygienist, with Mold Inspection Sciences come to my home to complete this service. He was very professional, arrived timely, and completed a thorough assessment of my home. He explained every step of the process in detail and allowed time for my questions. He presented recommended options available to me in regards to sampling and/or air testing. He was very knowledgeable regarding assessment and precautions to take with the presence of mold, having also worked in the mold remediation business previously. He noted I would receive a full written report, to include results of lab testing, within 7-10 days, which I did. He gave me his business card and stated I could call him anytime if I had questions or concerns. The report I received was very thorough and understandable. My experience was positive from the first contact for scheduling through the completion of the inspection and receipt of the report. I received a follow-up call from the company to provide me an opportunity to ask any further questions and to comment on my inspection. I also received recommendations of several contractors whose work experience in mold remediation they were familiar with, but also advised to get as many estimates as I could. I was offered the opportunity to have someone from Mold Inspection Services to evaluate the mold remediation work during and upon completion. I was also offered the opportunity to get testing post completion of remediation work and certification that could be used in the event I choose to sell my home.

Description of Work
Completed limited mold inspection services following water leak/damage in home and collected 2 air samples.

07/11/2014

Debra F.

The company did a total house inspection (inside and out) for mold problems. We had air samples done throughout the house and control samples. We receive written reports within a couple weeks of the tests. Results were receive exactly when company said we would get them. No problems were found.

Description of Work
Air quality control tests for mold spores

Category mold removal

Hi [member name removed], Thanks for your kind review! I did want to clarity though that we provided the reports in "two days" rather than "a couple of weeks". :) I suspect you meant to type days rather than weeks...

12/03/2013

Travis M.

It went very well. I got an education interacting with Chuck. He was very helpful, very authentic and wasn't trying to sell me something I didn't need. He really knows his stuff. He offered to come back if needed, offer additional expertise and even helped give us some ideas on what to look for in duct cleaning and what to avoid. It's true that this company only does testing so there is no conflict of interest. However, it's important to know that there is a cost to get the specialist in the door (in this case, Chuck) and then there are additional fees associated with taking samples of the mold that he finds. And this is the important part because you want to know what type of mold you have. You have options though. He explains which samples he recommends taking and which ones probably aren't worth taking. It's not cheap... something like $60 per sample so it's important to have them take samples of only the areas that are most concerning. I think we had three samples taken. If they take an air sample (due to possible air contamination) they also charge you for the "test air sample" which is basically the baseline so they know what to compare with. So that is two separate samples, even though technically they are only sampling the air, let's say, in your basement. So it adds up. That being said, I don't feel like he was pushing for us to do every sample recommended. I paid $140 for inspection and $60 per sample (had 3 samples taken). This was not the normal price so be sure to try to talk them down or ask for a deal. Overall, great experience. No one like to pay for things like this but if you have to. Go with Mold Inspection Sciences.

Description of Work
I interacted with Kayla Houston via email who was very professional and prompt with replies, etc. She set up the appointment and confirmed prices. Chuck was our inspector. He did a general check of all living areas and walked the outside as well. Took pictures of concern areas and thoroughly explained the findings. After asking if we wanted to do samples (to determine exactly what type of mold was discovered) he took the samples and left. The samples are tested in their lab. Then after a few days at the lab, they call and email you a VERY detailed report on the findings. They are available to help explain, give recommendations, etc. based on the report.

10/01/2013

Shelia F.

Certified Inspector Chuck Billingsley did the inspection of my home for mold. He was both knowledgeable and professional. He explained about mold testing and health problems related to mold. He sent mold samples to the lab and I received a "Mold Inspection and Testing Report." He took the time to explain the results and recommendations to me. I was also sent a list of recommended companies that handle mold remediation. Mr. Billingsley returned periodically to check and inspect the progress of the company doing the remediation. At the completion of all mold remediation, he returned to inspect, test, and approve the job. He was very thorough and conscientious and truly cared about the family's health. I highly recommend this company for the inspection of mold.

Description of Work
Inspected for mold, took air samples outside and inside, took tape lift samples of basement, explained and consulted. Checked living area, basement, and attic for mold.

08/14/2013

Lynn G.

Chuck Billingsley from Mold Inspection Sciences met us at a house we were potentially purchasing. We were in the inspection phase and wanted to have the basement tested for the presence of mold. Before entering the house, Chuck provided us with background information on the process, and made us feel comfortable with how he would inspect the home. Mold Inspection Sciences does not do mitigation work - they only test for mold and let you know where you stand - so there is no conflict of interest in trying to "sell" you mitigation services. They also have strict standards for how mold must be mitigated - and must pass tests in order to be deemed "safe". Chuck meticulously scanned all areas, took moisture readings, and sampled the air in two different areas inside, and one outside for comparison. He answered any questions we had along the way and was happy to follow up with us on any additional questions that came up after the report was delivered. Brandon Apple called us a few days later to follow-up with our results that had been emailed. He was happy to discuss details of the report and answer any questions we had. We were also provided with a list of recommended mold mitigation companies, and encouraged to seek out multiple bids. They are willing to answer any further questions we have, and provide support along the way for the mitigation process.

Description of Work
The mold inspector performed a thorough visual inspection for mold and took 3 mold samples - one in the basement, one in the dining room, and one outside for comparison. We were provided with a detailed report and access to call them personally for more information.

First Response Restoration

Green Home Solutions

With a degree in Biology and 25 years of experience in the field, Green Home Solutions the leading mold testing & remediation service in the area. When it comes to fast, effective, and affordable solutions for treating mold, odors, and other indoor air issues, Green Home Solutions is the ultimate air quality company that cares about the planet. We provide comprehensive indoor air assessments, treatments, and analysis services that don’t just cover over the problem but resolve the problem at the source. Our customers appreciate our use of products that are protective of people, pets, and the environment. With Green Home Solutions as your air quality company, you can breathe cleaner, fresher air. Give us a call today!

Revive Restoration

Revie Restoration is a Colorado Proud company that provides 24/7 water damage cleanup, mitigation and rebuild of your property to its original contition. We pride ourselves on attention to detail and expertise. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship from start to completion of every project. Our reputation is based on excellent service, safety, and quality, regardless of how large or small job. Call us today. We look forward to working with you!

Mold testing, inspection, and detection. Full color reports including our findings, conclusions, and recommendations.

We do not perform mold remediation or removal. This allows us to be objective in our inspection and testing of your property. No conflicts of interest.