Welzig Heating and Air

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2005

1831 Boston Ave Unit D

Longmont, CO 80501

Welzig Heating and Air, your heating and air conditioning specialists, is a locally owned and operated company since 1994. We serve Longmont, Boulder, Loveland, Dacono, Erie, Firestone, Frederick, Gunbarrel, Lafayette, Louisville, and Niwot....

03/01/2021

Darralyn M.

Cameron Ryan was the technician who came to service my furnace. He found the problem and explained what needed to be done. He took care of what he could do and guided me on what i needed to have Xcel energy do for me. He is professional, courteous, informative and is someone I'd recommend to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Furnace problem

02/10/2021

Rick T.

Outstanding Customer Service with Mr. Bob Chrisley today! We have had Welzig service both the Furnace and our Air Conditioner for years and years— they are the very best in the area! They are so friendly, timely and efficient. They are by far, the most knowledgeable team of technicians! Please ask for Bob C. as your Primary Technician, he is the best that we have had here at this address, and we have lived here for 33+ years! Rick Tidstrom Boulder, Colorado

Description of Work
Yearly Maintenance Service Call — Furnace

07/17/2020

julia D.

We used Welzig when we purchased and installed our tankless water heater & AC and use Welzig for ongoing maintaince of the water heater, ac and furnace. During COVID, working 24/7 from home, I started experiencing severe allergy issues and Welzig was able to help me with a home Hepa filtration system & UV light. We hit a home run with Cameron, our Welzig tech, he was outstanding from start to finish. Knowing that I was having allergy-induced asthma issues, he went “above and beyond” to make sure our system was installed as quickly and painlessly as possible. We so appreciate his 200% engagement. We also had a "tight" space to install and he came up with a super creative solution that was perfect for the space in our laundry room. His knowledge was amazing and his “can do” attitude fantastic. We could not be more happy with the hepa system purchase and were thrilled that Cameron's service and tech knowledge were so amazing.

Description of Work
Home Hepa Filtration System

07/07/2020

Karen S.

Welzig has a coupon online: $178 AC and Furnace Tune and Clean Includes: Free Water Heater Flush Since they had to reschedule my appointment 3 times due to staffing problems, I had plenty of opportunities to talk to their receptionists and each time I confirmed that the coupon was valid, told them I had a crawl space - no basement - and that the water heater is tankless and was assured the services would be provided per the coupon. So the tech arrives, probably realizes on his first trip to the crawl space that this tiny place has no room for a conventional water heater but left that surprise until after the other services were done. "Oh! That coupon only applies to water heaters with tanks". But then why doesn't the coupon say ‘only tank heaters’ and why did their receptionists all assure me that the $178 applied to all services stated? FALSE ADVERTISING. Welzig needs to edit the coupon text ASAP or remove it entirely and next they need to train their receptionists to give accurate information over the phone. I just moved to Longmont a year ago from KC and frankly am worn out with the inefficiency, lack of integrity, inferior quality I've experienced here. Figuring out a way to afford the move back to KC where people care about good work. I had some of the same good service people for 20 years in KC, sure won't find that here.

Description of Work
AC and Furnace Tune & Clean, Water Heater Flush

ELIN R.

I pay $35 a month and I would use them again. They call you and tell you when they are on their way. They are very busy so the appointments are typically several weeks ahead of time. The best 3 qualities of this company are honesty, confidence, going the extra mile.

Description of Work
Winter prep.

ELIN R.

They are wonderful and I've used them for years. I pay about $35 a month. They are very professional!

Description of Work
Service my unit

ELIN R.

They are wonderful I've used them for years

Description of Work
Heating and A/C

06/25/2017

darren T.

i consider Welzig the goto people whenever i or someone i care about has an hvac service or install needed. i was impressed and thankful for the professional care, timeliness, knowledge and technical saavy that was exhibited by all whom i came into contact with, from the courteous office staff to the techs working at my home that coordinated, repaired and took care of my hvac needs. i have used a few hvac companies in the area, but Welzig will be the only guys i call from here on out.

Description of Work
heater exchange repair/replacement on two furnaces

12/20/2016

Henry F.

Albeit the service rep was polite and they advertise that they work on all kinds of equipment they told me I needed a less powerful unit and very shortly a new heating unit. I paid to enlarge the intake vent but that did not solve my problem and once again was told a new furnace of a different manufacturer would do the trick. Didn't feel comfortable so brought in another company who said my furnace was in great shape and just needed to reduce the amount of gas going into unit. They did that and it's been running just fine. Perhaps Welzig is not savvy with other major brands and how they function, or maybe ... I know I will never use them again and suggest you don't either.

Description of Work
Heater was cycling off and on.

08/02/2016

christine B.

Montana did a great job and was very responsive to my concerns. He was respectful of my hardwood floors and took care to protect them as he moved the equipment throughout my house. His work was excellent! I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Montana cleaned all of my air ducts.

06/04/2016

Henry F.

My furnace was just coming up on five years old and it would no longer maintain the prescribed temperature and would simply cycle on and off. The contractor who installed the furnace was too hard to contact so I took a chance on Welzig, based on their advertising and reasonable reviews. I was told my furnace size was too large for my house and it was essentially running hot due to not being able to draw sufficient air through the unit. I was told this was a common problem. The tech said that my furnace was not in the best of condition and I should think about getting it replaced but that they could expand the air intake chamber for me and this would at least keep my furnace running. I spent the money and it worked for almost two months but then reverted to the same original condition. Another young fellow came out with no new ideas beyond getting a new furnace. However my pre-$1100 solution was to crack the front panel slightly to provide a little more airflow which I reverted to for remainder of heating season with the idea that I needed to save some money for a new furnace. Well my AC went out recently and I just did not feel confident calling Welig. I had a friend in the HVAC business but was told some time ago he sold his business and I never reached out to him. However I sent him an email asking if he could recommend someone. Interestingly while he sold his business he still was in the business as an individual - lucky for me. I had mentioned to him my prior furnace issue and he said that all I needed to have done was to de-rate the gas flow (this is not the right terminology, sorry) and that was a very common problem for furnaces in Colorado. He would say nothing negative about Welzig. After he had the unit opened up I asked him about the condition of the furnace and he said it was in great condition and should last another 10-15 years. I don't trust the Welzig service people, they have very little general experience and appear to be unfamiliar with units other than what they sell. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt by saying their insistence on my getting a new furnace was due to their inexperience and nothing else, but it does make one wonder. Yes, everyone was polite and neat and professional sounding but they were not focused custome, they had their own agenda. If I did not have a personal contact whom I trusted I might have gone back to Welzig or rolled the dice for someone else. It is so hard to find honest competent service people especially when you have no understanding of the technology yourself to gauge what you are hearing. I am baffled by the A ratings that Welzig gets on Angie's but attribute them to the same ignorance that I had. I am smarter today.

Description of Work
Heater would cycle on and off and never reach temperature, Welzig was asked to fix the issue.

05/23/2016

Richard W.

elzig’s website states its goal is “to always go the extra mile and to over-deliver on our services to our valuable customers.” We have experienced Welzig’s fine efforts in meeting their goal. We have a gas furnace that Welzig installed and kitchen stove burners for which Welzig has no responsibility. One recent evening, we unexpectedly were unable to light the stove burners and suspected a gas flow problem. A gas company technician sent to us was unable to determine the difficulty. We turned to Welzig, whose technician, Weston, quickly determined the furnace was functioning properly, then found that our stove burners were improperly assembled. Our maid service had cleaned the stove that day and had incorrectly reinstalled the burner elements. Weston’s quick analysis solved the problem, exemplified Welzig’s stated goal, and defused a potentially explosive situation. Welzig exceeded our expectations and increased our trust in them.

Description of Work
Fixed our kitchen stove burners.

04/07/2016

Tricia R.

Weston came out for the routine air conditioning check. He found a part that needed to be replace and was able to complete the job, same day without any problems, at the price that was quoted. He was professional, respectful and knowledgeable. He was very careful - wearing shoe coverings and taking other precautions to prevent any damage.

Description of Work
Routine air condition maintenance and repair.

10/06/2015

Carol M.

STOP asking me for a review!! I never had services performed because the vendor does NOT TRAVEL TO WHERE I LIVE (Estes Park)!

Description of Work
see below

08/03/2015

jennifer M.

Work date rescheduled...to many excuses...lack of communication...If they didn't want to do the work, why offer the coupon? I canceled the work, but was told they couldn't refund my money. I am now trying to get a refund for the $199 from Angie's List and that's not looking good either. Won't be purchasing anything else through Angie's List.

Description of Work
Nothing

07/13/2015

Patricia D.

Estimate for replacement was by A/C tech. Prices were all over the place. Eventually quoted $6195.00 for replacing a simple compressor, not including a furnace, etc. Further discussions with the service technician revealed potential 20% discounts available, bringing price to $5000.00 Other bids by three other Heating/AC contractors in the same ballpark but we knew this was Way overpriced. Then received two more bids, one for $2900, one for $3025 from reputable firms in Boulder. Needless to say, Welzig and some counterparts are gouging customers based on the very busy demand for AC, summer heat, and perhaps the Deep Pocket theory- charge them what they will pay!

Description of Work
Evaluated broken A/C. Recommended replacement unit.

06/19/2015

Natalie W.

he really put the effort in and it was worth it - the home was very smelly from decades of cigarette smoking and now smells fresh and new, no lingering smoke odors.

Description of Work
completely cleaned all the heating ducts - deodorized

06/17/2015

Cherri H.

Very good job! Professional -

Description of Work
Clean air ducts

05/21/2015

Jessica F.

They did a very good job. It was a good experience.

Description of Work
Cleaned heater ducts

03/31/2015

David G.

Explained the whole process, identified the time to complete, found air returns we did not even know we had and was able to get a ball the dog had dropped in one of the floor vents.

Description of Work
Cleaned 26 floor vents and returns.

03/10/2015

Robert S.

We were fortunate in have Tom Smith as the person doing the work .He was most efficient and professional .In addition his knowledge and advice added a special strength to his service.

Description of Work
Cleaned ducts in house and for dryer

03/05/2015

Fred H.

They came out to do an estimate for a new system which was wrong and work preformed was not up to code.

Description of Work
The work that they preformed was incorrect and not up to code. Will never use them again.

02/24/2015

Maddie L.

They did a good job. They were nice and I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They cleaned my air ducts.

02/20/2015

Jean B.

They arrived on time and did a nice job. They just forgot two vents upstairs, but everything else was good.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $199 for an Unlimited Vents Air Duct System Cleaning and Sanitizer.

02/13/2015

Layne .

Came on time, gave an accurate account on what was to be done, neat, and personable

Description of Work
cleaned the air ducks on whole house

Denver Ducts Corp

Here at Denver Duct Corp., we pride ourselves on the highest levels of professionalism and efficiency. Each spring and fall you should take time to make sure that all of your vents are ready for the vigor of the coming season. We live in a world where healthy living has become a way of life. We diet and exercise to make ourselves feel better. We have also taken on environmental issues to make our world a cleaner and safer place to live. Yet the most overlooked issue is the air that we breathe. The Environmental Protection Agency claims that indoor air has been found to be more polluted then outdoor air. Now consider on average people spend 90% of their time indoors... The fact can be quite alarming. Considering that we spend so much time indoors, it makes perfect sense to clean the source of our indoor air quality problems...Our Air Ducts..

Colorado Choice HVAC

Is the air you breathe in your home dirty and polluted? If you haven’t had your ducts cleaned in a while, it probably is. Dirt, grime, and germs build up in your air ducts over time and pollute the air that comes out of your air conditioner. You may think your air filter is supposed to keep your air clean, but it isn’t perfect. Things can slip by your filter, especially if you forget to change it, and other particles can float in from your air vents when your air conditioner isn’t running. Think about how much dust collects in your home when you go a week without dusting, now imagine what your air ducts look like when you keep ignoring them. Our duct cleaning services sanitize your ducts all the way through. We use special tools to scrub every inch of your ducts and remove everything that was trapped inside. The process only takes a few hours, and you’ll almost immediately notice how much fresher your air is. Protect your health and prevent allergies by getting your ducts cleaned on a regular schedule. To learn more and to set up an appointment, contact Colorado Choice Services in the Denver Metro Area today.

AIRWAVES HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING

**Call us today for a FREE ESTIMATE!** With over 25 years of experience, our Family and Veteran owned business will always take care of you and yours! For the quickest response please call versus sending a message. We do not staff the office after hours and weekends but we do have emergency services for an after hours fee. Please call 970-669-7900 and leave a message. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Offers by AIRWAVES HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING on Angi

Welzig heating and air services, maintains and installs Furnaces, Air conditioners, Humidifiers, Hot water heaters, Tankless water heaters, Indoor Air Quality systems. We also do duct cleaning. We provide our customers with easy inexpensive maintenance plans to help keep their HVAC unit safe and efficient.

none