Ace of Diamonds Painting

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2010

Super Service Award Winner-6 Years in a Row! Ace of Diamonds Painting is a small locally owned and operated business out of Longmont, Colorado. We are a small team of enthusiastic individuals who want to help. We are fully licensed and insured our license number is 20101136250. We offer free estimates which can be schedule by speaking to one of our representatives. You will recieve a detailed proposal from us that will include multiple options for you to compare and choose from....

A Service Provider's profile image

+34 more images

house painting202080304
Project Summary: Ace of Diamonds Painting was originally contacted in February to come look at the project. The homeowners had been dealing with the insurance since 2019 to recover losses caused by a hail storm. At the initial arrival it was clear that hail had damaged the stain and paint on the home. Unfortunately, the insurance had not accounted for this in their original adjustment quote. The main issue was, in order to have the new stain applied properly and evenly we would need to strip the siding back to bare wood on all sides. So, our next step was to create a detailed quote and video synopsis to submit to the insurance company and have them add this to the claim. Ultimately, the claim went through and the homeowners contracted with us to start the work. We were thrilled to have the opportunity to take on this awesome restoration and transformation project! Project Requirements: From the beginning the Homeowners had a very specific design they wanted to accomplish with the finished product that was actually pulled from the cover of an architectural magazine. They had colors picked for the fascia, soffit trim, eaves, windows, siding lime washing of brick and the cedar siding. All of the fascia trim needed to be sanded, full primed and caulked as it had never been painted before. The eaves had previously been painted so the just needed to be recoated. The 1x2 soffit board that bordered the eaves around the entire home needed to be painted black, so, it needed to be tape caulked, primed, caulked and painted as it had never been painted before either. There were several cedar beams that needed to be sanded to bare wood, patched in some areas and washed with oxalic acid prior to staining. Some of the windows were being replaced due to the damage caused by hail and some were staying, therefore the paint needed to closely match the other windows. Because of the extensive damage caused by hail to the cedar siding we needed to strip and remaining stain off and get down to bare wood. Step 1 for this was to mix the Super Deck Restoration concentrate into a pump spray bottle with water and spray small sections with the contents, as the contents will lose their effectiveness as they dry out. Then we washed the product off completely using a pressure washer about 6-9 inches from the surface. Because of the shape of the home, we needed to rent a 4x4 boom lift to complete this on all areas safely and successfully. The Lime washing was all done by hand with a lot of input from the homeowner in order to get the exact look they were hoping for. We used Sherwin Williams Duration Gloss for all of the fascia and Soffit trim. Sherwin Williams Duration satin for the eaves, Super Deck semitransparent for the stain and Romabio lime wash for the lime wash. Challenges: There were many challenges on this job. The first was finding the exact right combination and timing of the stripping, pressure washing and oxyalic acid to get the wood were it needed to be. Additionally, one of the big concerns of the homeowners was that if we washed to close we may damage the wood. There was some question as to whether the right product had been chosen to complete the job. Another painting contractor had told them that if the right product was chosen that it would wash right off with a hose. After 1 day of working and some additional research by the homeowner we decided to order the product the other contractor suggested. Only one issue with this, we had to have it shipped freight from Minnesota, as we don't have a freight shipping dock this was a challenge. After some phone calls, one of our gracious local vendors allowed us to have it shipped to them to be picked up by us upon receipt. This put the project on a complete stand still and after a week and a half we had the new stripping product. One of the issues this caused is that the project was now being worked on in the hottest part of the year, getting above 90 degrees before 10am causing the stripper to dry out rapidly. Once we finally received the new product we tried a large area with high hopes, only to find that it did not work as good as the product we had already been using. After all this, the homeowner agreed to let us experiment without intervention on one section of the house, and we got it exactly right. The next biggest change was the new roof that had been installed was a beautiful steel roof and very slippery when dusty or wet. The constant water from the pressure washer meant we could not be on the roof really at all while washing, thus, we had a 40 foot boom lift to lift us in place. This was a huge help, however the uneven terrain and awkward angles made navigating the lift no easy task in it of itself. The other challenge working in an efficient manner on the project, we had a crew of 3 and the stripping was really only a 2 man job. So in order to keep the project on track one of the guys started working on the deck skirt that did not need to be stripped down, but did need to be primed and painted. Once more of the stripping was complete he was able to move to the eaves, fascia, and later the intricate soffit trim board. By doing this we knew we would have to come back and mask theses areas off prior to applying the stain to the body. After the stripping was complete there was some decent clean up needed before we could get to staining, luckily the piles of the stripped off remnants could be picked up in large chunks, however, several areas needed to be pressure washed including the brick in order for the lime wash product to adhere. Last but not least, the Romabio product we need to do the lime washing is manufactured in Italy. Being that we were still in the middle of a pandemic and Italy was one of the first places to have the most cases, their plant was totally shut down causing the product to be on severe back order. The product we ordered 2 weeks before the original start date was now scheduled to arrive 3 weeks after we were planning to finish. This left us no other option but to finish everything we could and come back once we had the product in hand. The hardest part to believe is that once we received it, it was the wrong color! Thankfully, after doing some research the base we had could be tinted at a local store with an exact right kin of tint. At that point, the biggest concern was having enough and completing the job before the homeowners left for their month long vacation the following week. No pressure right? Well, we had enough and finished the job to ours and the homeowners great delight. Outcome: Overall, the project was completed to the highest standards and exceeded the customers expectations. And to our astonishment, the house resembled the one from the architectural magazine cover very accurately. The end result was one of the most gratifying experiences we have had to date. Not to mention, even with all of the challenges, the deadline was ultimately met and EVERYONE, was able to go on their vacations
Stain Restoration and Limewash project

house painting

202080304
Cabinet Painting project
Cabinet Painting

interior painting

202180516

house painting (63)interior painting (30)pressure washing (5)plastering (2)drywall (2)

08/02/2020

Joseph K.

Fernando did an incredible job on our house! Great attention to detail and customer service from everyone we worked with at Ace of Diamonds.

Description of Work
Paint house exterior

Work Completed On 08/02/2020

12/04/2019

Erich D.

It went really well and we really appreciated their advise with colors. They were great!

Description of Work
House and barn painted.

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

10/02/2019

Stephanie P.

We used Ace of Diamonds to paint the brick and stucco exterior of the home. Jay, Isaac, Trevor and crew were all wonderful from start to finish. We couldn't be happier with the end result.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are so grateful for your kind words.

09/09/2019

Marcus R.

We recently used Ace of Diamonds painting for the second time. We're using them again because the trim color we originally chose and had them paint on the outside of our house 2 years ago was too dark, and my wife has since decided she wants a lighter, brighter trim color. Their price was reasonable, they were able to fit us into their schedule pretty quickly, and the painters did a great job and cleaned up after themselves. So no issues whatsoever. We would use them again when we need more painting done around our house.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

Reading your review is the biggest reward our team can get. Thank you for making our day brighter!

08/21/2019

Madison L.

We hired Ace of Diamonds to complete some much needed interior paint touch-up work for my office suite in Lakewood. I can't say enough good things about these guys! From start to finish, Jay and Dustin have been accommodating, helpful, polite, and professional. The work the crews completed was near flawless, and they were a pleasure to work with as well. We'll be using AOD exclusively for our office touch-ups for the foreseeable future!

Description of Work
Interior Touch Up's

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

Words are not enough to express our gratitude for the kind note you left regarding the experience you had with our business. Thank you!

08/06/2019

Dean L.

Ace of Diamonds Painting was outstanding!!! Despite my goofy schedule and its changes, Ace remained flexible and professional. They were quick and clean on both jobs. The communication with Dustin and team was outstanding as they were responsive and educated me along the way. I will be calling them next summer when the new house needs exterior painting.

Description of Work
Interior of a recently purchased home and an exterior of a house planning to sell.

Category drywall, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

07/03/2019

Margaret C.

Smoothly and without issues. 2 man crew most of time and work not rushed. Punch list was resolved without delay or problem. Supervisor identified additional punch list items.

Description of Work
exterior house painting

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

05/21/2019

Kristin S.

Incredible customer service. Made sure I was completely satisified with their work. Great team.

Description of Work
Exterior Staining

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

05/14/2019

Audrey W.

Excellent. I'd definitely recommend Ace of Diamonds for complex, detail oriented, quality exterior painting needs. Ace of Diamonds accomplished our 5 day, multi-man, multi-surface, complicated exterior painting project without a hitch. And it looks great. We'd definitely recommend and hire them again.

Description of Work
Exterior trim painting on ornate 3 story townhouse

Work Completed On 04/23/2019

Review for Ace of Diamonds Painting - 1715 Iron Horse Dr, Longmont, CO - 37878660

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us.

04/24/2019

Terry R.

We were referred to The Ace of Diamonds Painting by some friends. We could not be more pleased with the results and our home looks beautiful. The crew was exceptional from the very first meeting through the finish. We enjoyed working with Jay and Dustin. We met with them twice before the painting started. Jay took meticulous notes on what we wanted to achieve and they brought up wonderful ideas we hadn't thought of. The painting crew was fantastic. From the very start with the power wash and calking, through the detailing of trim, the job was completed neatly and efficiently. They even pulled the rock away from the foundation to paint below the foundation line. Such a nice finishing touch. We've received many compliments from neighbors. We highly recommend The Ace of Diamonds Painting.

Description of Work
Outside House Painting

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

01/30/2019

Rebecca L.

Dustin, Fernando and their crew did another fabulous job painting nearly the entire interior of my home! I used Ace of Diamonds to paint the exterior of my home 4 years ago and its still looks brand new. Another great experience this time around and they are at the top of my list to recommend to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Interior paint

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 01/29/2019

01/04/2019

Larry P.

Excellent job overall. Definitely would hire again. Very experienced crew led by Fernando who met all my expectations and went above and beyond to make sure I was completely satisfied with the job. Appreciate the cleanliness and punctuality and professionalism. Would definitely recommend for any painting job.

Description of Work
interior paint on windows and trim

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

12/31/2018

Susan P.

The quality of the work that was done was good, but there were a few things that wern't cleaned up properly. Painted was spilled on our door mat, and instead of cleaning it off or letting us know, the door mat was turned over. Some paint was also spilled on our Trex deck and not cleaned up. There was also a fair amount of debris left on a lower section of roof from the power washing. The painters were not always careful about staying off of landscape plantings; several plants were trampled and an outdoor light was broken.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

10/25/2018

Karen K.

Very professional - arrived on time and cleaned upl

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

09/22/2018

Matthew C.

We needed the exterior of our home painted. We contacted several companies, and we decided to go with Ace of Diamonds because of the products and process they use to paint the home. We did not want a quick once-over job. We wanted a job with proper prep, spray and backrolling, and multiple coats. They did everything they said they would do. Fernando couldn't have been nicer. Dustin and Dylan were responsive and kept us informed prior to and during the job. It was an overall wonderful experience. Our home looks beautiful, and we are happy!

Description of Work
Paint exterior of home

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

09/21/2018

Allison B.

Ace of Diamonds painting was great. Their estimate process was easy and Dylan was very responsive to request for information and scheduling. Their cost for my project was fair and reasonable, and the overall estimate was very detailed and thorough so I knew exactly what I was getting. Everything that I asked for was covered in the estimate and they provided more details about their process and services. Dylan was extremely patient as I staged some roof and gutter work to complete before the painting team came in. Once they started they were fast, efficient, thorough, and clean. The quality of work is exceptional. During the project Dylan called me twice per day to let me know what they would be working on that day, and then a summary and status at the end of each day. Upon completion I walked around the house and found only a few spots for touch ups, and Fernando was on top of it. My house looks great and they were able to match my previous house colors very well. The fence stain also looks wonderful. They sent me the house paint mixture formula so I can get new paint if I ever need it, and they also left me all left over paint. I highly recommend Ace of Diamonds painting.

Description of Work
exterior house paint and fence stain

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

07/11/2018

Shannon G.

Dustin was great to work with from the moment he showed up for the quote. He was upfront and honest about the pricing. He detailed what he and his team would be doing and followed through! Although Ace of Diamonds was not the lowest estimate, Dustin's knowledge and expertise played a huge roll in my choosing of Ace of Diamonds. The painters did an outstanding job and were very clean and thorough. My home is approx 5300 sq. ft and the guys were able to complete my home within 2 days. Then did not miss an inch and sealed every nook and cranny. I would definitely use Ace of Diamonds for my next painting project. The entire experience was seamless from the estimate through the finished product.

Description of Work
Exterior Home Painting

Work Completed On 07/11/2018

06/15/2018

Richard K.

I'm extremely satisfied with Ace of Diamonds Painting and highly recommend them. From beginning to end they were first rate. I could not be happier with the result and am glad I did business with Ace. I started by getting a few quotes from different painters. The most important factor for me was satisfaction of their customers and Angie's List rated Ace very highly. The estimate was free and I was impressed by their Sales Manager. He took the time to listen to all of my concerns (principally regarding damaged siding and trim). I was impressed that he took measurements and then emailed me a quote as opposed to just looking at the house and then making a guess. I was pleased that the painters would also fix the siding and trim problems. They offered three grades of Sherwin Williams paint, all three of which I read were high quality paints. I chose the middle grade (Duration). For the middle grade, they give a six year warranty. I then selected Ace of Diamonds. They scheduled my house to be painted about a month later. It was mid-May, which is probably the busiest time of the year for painters and other painters also required about the same lead time. My painting and siding/trim replacement job took 3 days. All three days they arrived when they said they would. The painters were both very experienced. One of them had worked for 10 years with Ace of Diamonds. I don't know how long the other painter had worked for Ace, but he was also obviously experienced. Both painters were extremely polite and professional. The first day they replaced the siding and trim and did the prep work. I was pleased that the replacement siding and trim were a perfect match. The prep work consisted of power washing the house and caulking everywhere. They sealed all cracks and also covered what must have been at least several hundred nails. They also patched several large holes where a satellite dish had been attached to the house. I had one wall that had really been hammered by the sun. They primed virtually that whole wall. They started masking off areas like windows. The second day they finished the masking and spray painted the siding on the house. The spraying itself took most of the morning. In the afternoon they started hand painting the trim. The third and last day, they completed painting the trim in the morning. The trim painting was the most time intensive part, probably made more difficult by my house having two stories and the trim being high up. The trim got several coats of paint. After finishing the trim, they rolled a second coat of paint over the siding. They completed the job by painting my front door and its side panels, which were a different color than the siding and trim. They then did a final cleanup (they also cleaned up at the end of the two previous days). The painters did a final walk by with me. Afterwards, the owner came by and we did a second walk through. A note on the price I give below. The price of the whole job was $5275. This included $1200 for siding and trim replacement. I needed a lot of siding replaced. The price does include a discount for Angie's customers. Again, I am extremely satisfied. The house looks better than it has since I bought it. I would not hesitate to use Ace of Diamonds in the future, although it will probably be a long time before I need my house painted!

Description of Work
I needed the exterior of my two-story house painted. In addition, I needed water damaged siding replaced in three places where walls intersected the roof. Finally, I needed water damaged window and sliding glass door trim replaced.

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

05/23/2018

Adrienne C.

Dustin and his team did a great job on my old building. We had one initial issue, but Dustin made the appropriate adjustments and stood by his bid and corrected the problem promptly and with high quality. I wouldn't hesitate to use this business again.

Description of Work
painted old studio building and detached garage, 3 colors

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

04/20/2018

Michael D.

Dustin was great to work with. The painting looks great. He even came back promptly to deal with a small problem that was very unlikely related to the paint job- great customer service.

Description of Work
interior painting

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

03/10/2018

Stephen G.

Right from the start Dustin & Dylan were professional, courteous and informative. Everything that was to be done was laid out in an easy to understand and comprehensive manner. During the work the crew was very respectful of the house, property, and when we were occupying the home. Meticulous doesn’t begin to describe the end result. The crew did outstanding work and on the final walk around after I expressed my satisfaction with the job, Dustin made it a point to do ANOTHER couple walk arounds to ensure the work was done to his very stringent expectations. That to me epitomizes a job well done and a company that strives to go above and beyond for their customers

Description of Work
Whole home exterior paint with trim & accents

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

12/16/2017

Brent S.

After receiving three bids from contractors on Angie’s List, we chose Ace of Diamonds Painting and couldn’t be happier. Dylan provided us the estimate and subsequently oversaw the project. He was exceptionally professional and provided updates several times per day during the three-day project. Our house looks better than ever.

Description of Work
Paint the wood siding, trim and garage doors on our house.

Work Completed On 12/16/2017

Review for Ace of Diamonds Painting - 1715 Iron Horse Dr, Longmont, CO - 36676248