SOUTHWEST AUTOMOTIVE & 4X4

Founded 1981 • With Angi since October 2007

5110 S LOWELL BLVD

Littleton, CO 80123

ADDITIONAL CONTACT: ROBERT PRASHAW. DBA: MICHALEK BROTHERS INC....

07/17/2020

Sharon U.

They are excellent and do not try to do work that is not needed. I trust his advice and character. They never pressure you and he tells it like it is. He is patient with lots of questions as well. I would highly recommend them and will continue to use them.

Description of Work
I have been going to them for about 5 or 6 years for auto repairs and maintenance needs.

09/01/2017

Mark D.

Good, honest, prompt

Description of Work
Sway bar pin replacement

11/18/2016

Julianne P.

They are trustworthy and provide very quick service. I've been using them for seven years now and I always have good service. They work on four of our cars!

Description of Work
They conducted an oil change and inspection of my car.

04/25/2016

Roger O.

09/30/2013

DONALD S.

I have taken vehicles to Southwest Automotive for over 20 years. They have alway been very helpful, prompt and professional. I my most recent visit they replaced a burned out brake light at no charge within a few minutes. Earlier this summer we had taken another vehicle in for a headlight assembly replacement, brake vibration problems solved by turning the brake disks and an oil change. All jobs were completed on time and even though the headlight replacement took more time than estimated, they stayed true to their original estimate.

Description of Work
Checked warning light and replaced burned out brake light.

09/20/2013

Kathy H.

Very courteous over the phone and in person. Took the time to explain the damage & why it was important to repair it ASAP. Work was completed as promised.

Description of Work
Repaired damaged front tie rod and installed new boots.

09/12/2013

Peter A.

In this instance, Southwest provided a second opinion on a vehicle that a potential buyer had taken to another service garage to get inspected. As always, Southwest provided prompt, reasonable, and high quality service. I've worked with Southwest Automotive for five years. Occasionally, I find that I need to go to a dealer or work with another auto service garage as I did this time. Each time, I end up coming back to Southwest. I have come to the trust the service there and can ask them straight up, every time, "do I need this"? More often than not, the answer is "no." I send all friends new to town to this garage and I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Inspected a vehicle - provided a second opinion. Also changed the oil and conducted other maintenance.

08/12/2013

Dave D.

They were courteous, prompt and very helpful. They ended up do more than I originally thought I needed, they saved me money in the long run. The water pump work revealed a problem with the harmonic balancer that they repaired (with my okay and second opinion) for 1/4 the price than if I had waited and done it later. While they had all of the parts removed for the water pump, they able to fix the HB without the cost of removing the parts again if I had waited. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced Water pump and harmonic balancer on 1999 dodge 2500

05/31/2013

M. C. S.

Very responsive. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Unlike other locations that live more on reputation than on service these guys deliver!

Description of Work
My jeep needed the steering fixed and the breaks fixed. They did a great job fixing them and also fixed the window. Excellent service.

06/01/2012

Craig S.

I was evaluating a "new" used truck and called Southwest to see if they could do an inspection. Bob was VERY friendly on the phone and gave me a sense of professionalism immediately. He asked me to set up an appointment and he would take a look at my car at no charge (even though I had never done business with him before). I set a 10am appointment the next day and ended up being about 10 minutes early, but at 10am on the dot he was ready to take a look at my "new" truck. He has a professional shop and I was able to watch him interact with other clients while waiting for my truck and could see how outgoing, friendly, courteous and professional he was with everyone. When my truck was ready he brought be back into the bay to show me that everything looked good, explained everything he had checked and even tightened up a loose bracket that was making a bit of noise - all for no charge. I told him that I insisted that I pay them something for their time and he said if I wanted to give the mechanic something then that's fine but he still wouldn't charge me. I gave the mechanic $20 and was on my way. In all, what Southwest has done has convinced me to change my mechanic of 20 years to them - they are nearby, professional, fair and certainly qualified. Thank you Bob, I look forward to being your client for many years to come!

Description of Work
Used car inspection

Category auto repair, car inspections

03/16/2012

DIANNE T.

In 2011, I had taken our Ford E250 van to another shop recommended by our auto mechanic to have the wheels aligned because we got tire damage on a long trip last year. That company did not fix the problem and I did not want to go back because the mechanic was a chain smoker - his shop had a blue cloud of cigarette smoke throughout the shop. I searched Angie's List to find an A-rated company to do the alignment. I found Southwest Automotive 4x4 and took the van there at the end of January, 2012. They aligned the van and I picked it up later that day. The wheel wasn't quite straight and it seemed like the van was still pulling a little to one side, although it was much better. I thought the pulling might have been because the old tires were still on the van and might be causing the problem.. I called and spoke with the service manager. I offered to have the front tires rotated front to back to see if that was causing the problem -- I could have this work done at Discount Tire for free, and Discount Tire was directly on my way to Southwest Automotive. I had the tires rotated but it didn't change the problem, so I took the van back to Southwest. The service manager had the work re-done and when I picked the van up that day, the wheel was straight and the van tracked perfectly. While I normally wouldn't give an A rating to a company that I had to go back to a second time, I really like this company. The service manager took me to and picked me up from the Light Rail station both days because my husband wasn't available to do shuttle runs. The shop is clean and friendly and appears to have many long time clients who came and went while I was there. The service manager was very concerned that the work was done correctly and that I was completely satisfied. I would use this business again.

Description of Work
Align the tires on a Ford E250 van.

07/07/2011

John C.

Dropped key Friday and then dropped Durango Sunday night. Wish they had after hrs key drop, but they completed services and had ready for pickup Monday afternoon. I've gone to SW Auto 4x4 for few years and been consistently good and I've come to trust they want to keep me as long term customer. I try and always work with Bob the shop owner cause he's really good and explains services and prices well. When he's not around his mechanics cover for him and it's not near same level of communication. They are usually busy so recommend calling ahead to arrange service date to minimize turn around time.

Description of Work
Manifold renew, 4x4 transmission service, oil change

05/06/2011

Scott M.

The price for the differential service was the same as the dealer,but the service performed was not.The inspection cover for the rear unit is to be removed to further clean,inspect,and remove residue.They instead used a vacuum unit to suck out the old gear oil,did not remove the inspection cover,and then added new oil.They also used an additive,not required or requested,both front and rear for an additional $25.00 charge.

Description of Work
Front and rear differential service,spark plugs replaced,front brake pads replaced and rotors turned.

01/18/2011

Deirdre R.

I spent $27 on that job and it blew me out of the water because I expected to pay $65 plus parts. The foreman picked me up because I stay close. They are really big on repeat customers. The guy who picked me up has worked with some customers for 20 years and they really take care to grow their clientele.

Description of Work
I used Southwest Automotive & 4X4 for auto service. The last time I took my car there was in December last year.

01/16/2010

Terry K.

They have always been honest, completed quality work, and never tried to sell you more than was necessary.

Description of Work
We have used them for three different cars, one of them a diesel pickup truck for maintenance, alignment, ventilation, and crash damage (mechanical) from 2004-2010.

10/05/2007

CARROLL M.

The staff are friendly and competent. They schedule you quickly. They do the work needed, don't try to "up sell" you on work not needed, and charge a fair price. My husband also takes his 1996 Toyota Tercel here. They did a needed major overhaul to his car (shocks, engine work, transmission, etc) and the price was $300 less than another mechanic had quoted us. We started going here based on a recommendation from a friend (who brings 2 cars to them) and their Better Business Bureau report. My husband and I are very satisfied with this mechanic.

Description of Work
Oil & filter change=$19.95. Put on 4 snow tires=$25.50. Two wheel alignment=$69.95. I had taken my 2002 Subaru Legacy to two other mechanics because it pulled to the right and they couldn't figure out why - did alignments and rotated tires, but problem remained. I took it to Southwest Automotive & 4 x 4 and they fixed the problem-no more pulling to one side.