Quality West Heating & Cooling

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2011

9 Year SUPER SERVICE AWARD winner on Angie's List! *** Boilers, Mini Split Ductless Systems, Furnace, Air Conditioning, Humidification, Air Quality*** Upfront pricing, clean and friendly technicians, an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau! Quality West is well known for their multitude of "A" ratings for Furnace, Air Conditioners, and Boiler system replacements and repair. They are Xcel Energy Approved Contractors and authorized to offer REBATES to Xcel Energy customers for whom they install new High Efficiency Air Conditioning and Heating systems. (Note: Only approved contractors can participate in the Xcel rebates.) Call to schedule a FREE ESTIMATE on a new system! Financing programs are available, and options include 6 Months No Payments/No Interest - Same As Cash, or Low Monthly Payment Plans (with approved credit). Locally owned and operated since 2002. The entire staff at Quality West looks forward to being of service to you and your family!...

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
Mini Split AC Installation in Living Room

Mini Split AC Installation in Living Room

HVAC Companies202080120
Install wall mounted Fujitsu AC in living room.

HVAC Companies (315)water heaters (11)air duct cleaning (5)plumbers (5)electrician (4)home energy audit (2)fireplace services (2)chimney sweep (2)gas fireplace repair (1)chimney repair (1)grill repair (1)

03/03/2020

Lance M.

Don was excellent. He performed a very thorough inspection of my system and clearly explained all his findings. My furnace is 20 years old, and despite finding many smaller issues he was not pushy about replacing the entire thing. He just gave an honest assessment of the condition. Don correctly found the issue with the blower (bad controller board) and fixed the cause of the failure (plugged drain pipe, causing water damage). After replacing the board the furnace is back up and running. I'll be giving them a call when it is time to replace the furnace.

Description of Work
Furnace blower was not working.

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

12/19/2019

Anja L.

When I called to explain our furnace issue Josh was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He got us set up for a quick appointment. Don arrived on time, was very friendly and fixed our issue with a cleaning/tune-up. Gave some advice for future considerations, but did not try to upsell us. I appreciate their professionalism, honesty and great work!

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning/tune-up

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

07/25/2019

Christopher E.

Quality West did a great. I was kept informed every step of the way and they worked hard to ensure that everything was installed as quickly as possible. Everything looks and works great, I would (and have) recommended Quality West.

Description of Work
Replaced to HVAC units

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

07/23/2019

Chris H.

12/3/2018 – Our heat would not kick on, so I called Quality West Heating & Cooling 12/4/2018 – The technician (Joel) arrived, evaluated system and determined the control board, inducer motor and igniter were bad. 12/5/2018 – Joel returned to install control board, inducer motor and igniter; furnace worked fine. 6/23/2019 – Turned on AC for the first time; same unit that had above repairs was blowing air, but no cold air; outside unit was not kicking on. 6/25/2019 – Called Quality West; Joel (same technician who did previous repairs) showed up and reported “During testing compressor sparked intermittently, tripped disconnect breaker. Re-tested unit functioned fine for 30sec. Thensparked and tripped breaker. Recommend replacing unit.” We scheduled another Quality West representative to come give me an estimate to replace the system. 6/26/2019 – Don Berry, Lead Technician with Quality West, arrived to sell me a new system. We ran out of time, so he promised to email me the estimate the following day. 6/27/2019 – Mr. Berry emailed me an estimate to replace the inside and outside units with a RUUD 3 Ton AC System Model RA16 ($4,843 – no detailed breakout of parts and labor), electrical connection ($450), permit fees ($250) for a total of $5,444 (after crediting $99 diagnostic fee). To get a better sense for the parts and labor breakdown, I looked up the cost of the RA16 system and found that it’s roughly $2,200, so I emailed Don back to see if they had any flexibility on price. He told me the price I found doesn’t apply to Colorado, nor does equipment purchased online include a warranty from the manufacturer, but offered to apply a $200 off coupon from Angie’s List in place of the $99 diagnostic fee credit he previously offered – another $100 off the $5,444 estimate. I told him that I would “be in touch” and sought a second opinion. 6/28/2019 – I called our neighbor and friend, Kane Upchurch, who has been doing HVAC work for 27 years, for a second opinion. 6/30/2019 – Mr. Upchurch evaluated the system, found the breaker to the condenser in the “off” position and the control wires that connect the inside unit to the outside unit disconnected at the control board and tucked way up so they could not be seen. He reconnected the control wires, turned the breaker on and started the unit. He tested to ensure the amps read the correct amount according to the manufacturer’s rating and that the proper ambient temperature was reflected inside and out. The unit has been running fine ever since. I checked the outside breaker to the condenser unit before I called Quality West; it was on and never tripped. Checking to make sure the wires were connected, especially by the same technician who had replaced the control board just six months prior, seems like an imminently reasonable if not absolute first troubleshooting step. Given these facts, the most plausible conclusion here is that Joel tucked the wires away in December so that another technician or I wouldn’t see them, hoped that I would call them when I turned on the AC system in the summer and, when I did, lied to me about the sparking and breaker tripping in order to take advantage of hot outside temperatures and a 25-year old unit to sell me a new system for $5,400. This is nothing more than a failed deception attempt for which I hope this report helps prevent other consumers from falling.

Description of Work
AC repair - not blowing cold air

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

I am disappointed to read that you had a negative experience with our company. We strive for excellence and operate with the core values of honesty and integrity. I don’t know first-hand what happened at your home, but I will investigate further. I do know that Joel is a qualified technician and an all-around great guy who receives plentiful praises from his customers. It is possible he mis-diagnosed the issue, but I don’t believe there was a set-up for deception as you reference in your statement. Our company has a wonderful reputation for honest work, and we will not tolerate anything less from our employees. I am happy to hear your system is up and running now. Based on the situation, I have refunded the diagnostic fee you paid. Regards, Rob Fling /Owner

06/21/2019

mark k F.

Joel came early--imagine that! Checked everything and ran diagnostics. All in good shape. Quality West installed the system in our attic several years ago and we remain very happy with their work. Never been disappointed.

Description of Work
Annual A/C tune-up and renewal of maintenance agreement

Work Completed On 06/20/2019

03/02/2019

MARK R.

My furnace went out and cuddly I found myself getting bids for a replacement. I don’t make large purchases without a ton of analysis to ensure the right solution for the best price. I didn’t just have a broken furnace I have air flow issues too as the rooms furthest away never get enough air. I didn’t want to just replace I wanted to solve a 23-year-old problem. Rob was out the same day walking me through options and not over selling just giving me the facts and not pushy. His approach to resolving the air flow made sense and was very conservative as he proposed small low cost/no cost changes we could implement over time after a period of observation with the new system instead of hitting me up front with new dampers etc. up and making significant changes to the air flow. Rob clearly knew what he was talking about and has likely installed himself over the years as many systems as he has sold. There were three other comparable bids and none of them were even close to the value I was to receive from Quality West. These guys don’t look at each install as just another job they take pride in their work, are extremely professional and even have some fun along the way. They were creative in their piping as I upgraded to a two-stage variable speed system that required PVC piping so the ascetics of the piping in and outside of the home mattered to me and they were conscious of that. I would much rather work with a company like these guys that are dependent on referrals instead of doing a bunch of advertising because for them customer satisfaction really matters. This is the reason for this long review as they deserve the recognition and I would highly recommend Rob and his team Bob and Dave.

Description of Work
My 23 year old furnace died so they replaced the furnace, AC unit with PVC piping for high efficiency system.

Work Completed On 03/02/2019

02/01/2019

Nefeli S.

Great job! I would call them for future jobs as my top choice!

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditioner unit installed

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

01/16/2019

Jennifer O.

Our technician was Don. He was very friendly and professional. Our furnace would turn on and then shut off. Don explained the issue and fixed the problem. This is the first time we have used Quality West and we are very happy with service and prices. We signed up for their yearly maintenance plan.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

12/04/2018

Curt S.

Went very well. Technician, Joel, was very professional and personable. He explained everything and was very open on the repair and services he provided.

Description of Work
Minor repair and annual checkup

Work Completed On 12/04/2018

11/19/2018

Laura G.

We had trouble with our furnace constantly shutting off and on and rarely getting to the set temperature making for some pretty cold nights! After 3 different companies came out to troubleshoot, we still didn't have answers other than recommendations to replace our 4 year old furnace. Don came out and solved the problem in about 20 minutes! He was friendly, professional and knowledgeable and we are so thankful for his expertise! We will definitely use this company again and have signed up for yearly cleanings/inspections!

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

11/04/2018

Beverly H.

Don Berry came over this past Sept. to do maintenance for furnace and air conditioner. They were 7 years old and I'd never had maintenance (tune up) on them I also had water coming out from under the furnace so that was the catalyst for calling. Don reconfigured the pcv pipes (existing was plugged up) from the furnace to carry the water to the drain. He serviced the furnace and ran tests to get a baseline of readings. He serviced air conditioner and found it very low on refrigerant which he replaced. Also ran tests on A/C. He is very knowledgeable and friendly and did a great job. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Maintenance on furnace and air conditioner

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

10/11/2018

Gerald S.

Our tech was fast, efficient, professional, and clearly enjoys his job. He explained exactly what he did and why. The furnace works perfectly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Heating system inspection

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

10/11/2018

Angela O.

Service was great! Luckily, it wasn’t as bad as we thought. They were prompt and very friendly and knowledgeable!

Description of Work
Furnace went out

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

09/11/2018

Jonas S.

I had an old AC unit that was leaking refrigerant and needed to be replaced. Quality West was able to get me scheduled quickly and at a better cost with a high tonnage and more efficient unit than other estimates. The owner and all of his technicians are professional, friendly, and a pleasure to work with. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Air conditioner assessment and replacement

Work Completed On 06/21/2018

04/09/2018

Jill L.

We received a very thorough inspection including a number of tests which had not been conducted by previous technicians (over the past 10+ years). The technician (Don Berry) was very helpful in explaining results of all tests and recommendations for maintenance and efficiency.

Description of Work
Furnace inspection and adjustment.

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

03/05/2018

Suann D.

Amazingly well! Most inspections I've experienced have been minimal at best. This inspection took over an hour, included monitoring heat output from various points from the furnace and the technician discovered that the two-stage furnace had never been set up for two stages so he set the furnace up properly. Very impressed by the professionalism of this company and would recommend to anyone! This was a special they we're running however I would pay full price for this service gladly.

Description of Work
Furnace inspection

Work Completed On 03/05/2018

03/02/2018

Scott M.

On time, prompt and professional. Will absolutely use again.

Description of Work
Furnace tuneup

Work Completed On 03/02/2018

02/22/2018

Allison A.

I called Quality west to fix my humidifier on my furnace. They were very responsive, and set up a time for a tech to come out and look at the humidifier (who came out within a few days and were on time). When they came out, the tech did let me know that the humidifier that I have on my furnace (a unit that is only about 2 years old), was known to have issues and they would not work on it/get parts for it. They charged me a $99 Diagnostic fee for coming out and were there for just about 30 minutes. The Tech did think that the filter was plugged, and recommended that I get a new filter and that the filter issue should fix the problem with the humidifier. He did say that if there was still a problem within the next 30 days, to simply call back and they would come back for free and try and fix the problem. We got the recommended filter, installed it, and it did not fix the problem (I will be totally honest, the filter got put in upside-down, so it would not fix the problem!) So based on the Tech's comment that they would come back and re-look at it if the initial diagnosis was not correct/did not fix the problem, We called and re-booked another appointment (I mentioned in that phone call the warranty mentioned by the tech.) Well, the same tech came back out and looked at the unit again, noticed the filter was flipped around, turned it around. He reset the humidifier again and then said he would need to charge me another $99 service fee, collected and then left. 15 minutes later my humidifier stopped working again. I relay this story to say that I am reticent to call them back because after spending $265 (two trip charges and a filter), I still have no working humidifier. This company did not seem to be genuinely interested in getting my humidifier working, but was very good about telling me that they did not want to work on my unit, but then happily came out and charged me a return trip fee (after having promised me that they would not.) If you need a new system, or already know something needs to be replaced, they seem like a very reputable and knowledgeable company who will come out and help in a timely and courteous manor. I only interacted with great people. But if you need a product "serviced" or a problem diagnosed? Maybe ask them before having them come out to make sure they will actually help.

Description of Work
Hired to fix humidifier

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

02/21/2018

Shelly L.

Their service, professionalism, and work was excellent. However, the Rheem furnace is noisy. It wakes me up from a deep sleep sometimes, and I always get out of bed and turn it to low so I do not have to hear it. They sealed my airducts and gave me quick help in wintertime, and I would rate them very high if the furnace was quieter; it is noisier than the one from the 1980's they replaced.

Description of Work
New furnace for 1000 square foot home

Work Completed On 12/19/2016

02/02/2018

Zach P.

Don Berry was awesome. I'll be going to him for all of my HVAC needs from now on. Very knowledgable and a good communicator.

Description of Work
Furnace Maintenance

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

02/02/2018

Lester B.

Outstanding. Quality West owner, Rob and his assistant Junior, were professional and did outstanding work installing the Aprilaire Humidifier. They were thorough in testing it and delivering an excellent product. I will have them do all my HVAC work going forward.

Description of Work
Provide and install whole house humidifier.

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

01/29/2018

Peter M.

great no problems answered all questions

Description of Work
tune up to furnace

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

01/29/2018

Kay J.

They were very professional. Arrived on time and covered all the floors. They explained everything as they went. They finished promptly. I would definitely recommend them. Excellent job!

Description of Work
Furnace Installation