Van Matre Construction LLC

Founded 2001 • With Angi since November 2005

214 N 120th St

Lafayette, CO 80026

For 17 years Van Matre Construction proudly serves the Front Range of Colorado, repairing foundations suffering from any malady from foundation drains, French drains, to helical piers and micro-piles, Family owned and operated, you will find Brady Van Matre in the field with the crews, ensuring quality and making sure things flow smoothly. Van Matre Construction will go the extra mile to make sure your foundation is permanently fixed and is stronger than it was when it was built. Van Matre uses the best tools and technology available, whether it be helical piers, micro-piles, carbon fiber, or good ol-fashioned steel, you can rest assured that our skilled and experienced crew will fix whatever issue you are having....

11/09/2021

Zachary C.

Van Matre was truly outstanding from start to finish. Brady gave us an honest assessment of our situation and a number of reasonable options to choose from. He taught us a lot about foundations, and spent lots of time with us as we tweaked and tuned the plan. They were able to get us on their schedule fairly quickly, and they finished the job in about a week, which I thought was amazing. Willis, who led the crew, was super nice. He recognized our interest in the details of what they were working on, and kept us informed the whole way through. Joel, Wheelz and Adam were awesome too. They cranked through the work and left our finished basement just as clean as they found it.

Description of Work
Foundation repair and lift

Category contractors, excavators, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, structural engineer, foundation repair

07/24/2019

Allen S.

We hired them to reinforce the foundation where a few years before some tunnels had been dug through the soil under the footings to put in some new pipes. This is an old brick house and the footings are several widths of brick laid directly on the soil, not concrete. The reinforcement is to pour some concrete walls under the footings to support them and to stabilize the soil walls of the tunnels. They also poured concrete to stabilize another area where soil had been eroding under the footing. We also had them remove an unused brick planter next to the wall. The estimator, Lance Heimes, did a very thorough study of the area and then carefully described to us the recommended work. Because of his attention to detail and good explanations I had a lot of confidence in his recommendations. The work went smoothly and looks good upon completion. The weak point with this company was communication. I had to call them up to find out when the work was scheduled, and even then we were never sure when the workers would show up. They also sent me the final invoice for the work when the work was only about half-done, rather than upon "substantial completion" as provided in the contract. They did finish the work a day or two later, so it worked out OK, although for a while I was worried that they had forgotten to finish the work.

Description of Work
reinforce footings of a brick house

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

01/06/2018

Anne S.

I'm so happy I decided to use Van Matre Construction. They were extremely professional, clean cut, on time and on budget. The project was well ran and efficient from start to finish. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair and Drain Issues

Category concrete repair, excavators, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

12/28/2017

Tatiana D.

Van Matre's guys showed up and were very professional, courteous and answered all my questions. They suggested doing 5 helical piers and thanks to their expertise I was able to keep a home which has been dear to our family for over 85 years. I highly recommend Van Matre Construction as the all around expert in foundation repairs.

Description of Work
Foundation repair

06/28/2017

Carolyn C.

Initially an engineer, Ulises, was sent out to look at the issue. The recommendation was to expand and extend the underground drain pipe from the downspout. This was completed and I was bill about $550. Within a month we had a rain storm. It hadn't addressed the problem, there was still a leak. I contacted Van Matre and Brady arranged to come out and assess the situation. We agreed that the leak was coming from a higher area along the side of the house. The solution was to put a concrete drain pan along the length of the house to guide the water from above away from that corner of the basement. Brady was going to send me a quote. About 10 days went by without a quote. I sent an email asking about the quote and Brady sent it the next day saying he'd forgotten. A couple of weeks later I sent an email saying I wanted to go forward with the drain pan and the egress window. The email had a list of questions and items for the contract. Again no response. After a week or so I sent a follow up email. I got an email back saying they could start on the drain pan the following day. I sent back an email saying I'd first like him to respond to my questions and provide the contract for both the pan and the egress window. That was 6 or 7 weeks ago. I never heard back. The whole job would have been about $10,000. While it seemed like it was a bit on the high side I considered it within a reasonable range. They had good reviews and were quite encouraging about the job in our meeting. Its quite discouraging that I have to start this whole process over again with someone else.

Description of Work
I have a leak at the ceiling line in one corner of my basement. It happens at random times. I needed to have the issue diagnosed and an effective repair. I also asked that they provide me with a quote for putting in an egress window.

Category egress windows, basement waterproofing, foundation repair, basement remodeling

The initial work of extending and re-routing buried gutter extensions was suggested as [Member Information Removed] cost-savings alternative to [Member Information Removed] full and warrant-able drain system. Previously, the gutters did not discharge away from the home and it was agreed that we would correct this first, in the hopes that this would remedy the situation without the expense of [Member Information Removed] full blown drain. It was not successful. The client wanted to then pour [Member Information Removed] concrete pan to divert water from the side-yard (another cost-savings approach). We proposed to do this work (total amount of $3,500, not $10k), but the client wanted us to add to the scope of work without increasing the contract price, wanted us to modify our warranty, wanted us to guarantee [Member Information Removed] completion date, wanted to modify the payment schedule and terms, and wanted us to perform work outside of our specialty. I decided that the client'[Member Information Removed] expectations were beyond what we could provide, that the modifications to the contract were not realistic. I did not provide [Member Information Removed] revised contract and decided to not do the work. I'm sorry that we did not see eye to eye on this job and I hope that she was able to find someone who was able to meet her requirements.

06/26/2017

Chris D.

I am a "flat-lander" from Michigan looking to move to CO. I was considering a mountain property outside Golden and wanted to get a ball-park estimate of construction costs and issues related to building in the mountains. Brady came out next day and spent 90 minutes with me for no-charge! His website convinced me to call him. His actions convinced me to use him when I am ready to build.

Description of Work
Consultation on building in the Colorado mountains.

02/08/2017

TJ T.

We were having some settling issues and though we might need some helical piers so we called Brady out to take a look. He checked out our crawlspace and foundation and looked at some minor cracks. After his inspection, he told us that the settling was very minor and and jokingly said he could sell us some piers, but recommended we try to get some drainage issues taken care of and unless the minor crack in the wall ( which I had patched) doesn't come back we should not worry about it. That is the kind of honesty and integrity that convinced me that if I ever needed foundation work I would call him. I am an avid supporter of people who treat me right and that is why I wanted to take time to write this review.

Description of Work
foundation repair

10/11/2016

Joyce B.

Excellent...he was very efficient

Description of Work
Fixed fence and masonry after car ran it down

Category masonry

07/28/2016

Michael G.

They fixed the foundation, sealed inside and out, and left the work area far better than when they arrived. The estimate of time, cost of repairs, and result were spot on. I would recommend them to anyone. The reason I gave them Responsiveness and punctuality is because they got called off to help jobs that needed immediate attention. I did not really mind (someone else might be perturbed). But I can't give them "A". However, they did complete the job before the deadline.

Description of Work
My 1968 Home began to have foundation issue that I could not quite figure out. I called to VM Construction, they came to my house twice (to make sure the issue was what we agreed). I appreciated that b/c to me it showed me and my Wife they are thorough.

07/08/2016

Brian C.

Brady and his team were extremely professional, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for construction services. Brady had excellent communication, and he was able to get us in on a tight schedule. We needed a sump pit and pump installed prior to listing our home, and they worked with us to schedule an exact date for the work. When the job ended up being tougher than expected, they handled the setback professionally and stayed late into the evening so that we could still have showings the following day. Thanks for a great job!

Description of Work
Sump pit and pump installation

Category basement waterproofing

06/09/2016

linda A.

Thanks to everyone being very aware of what work needed to be done, everything went very smoothly. They knew I was leaving on a trip Dec. 31st, so everything was completed before that & in a timely manner. I appreciated very much how willing they were to work with me to make it happen, even setting up sprinklers under a new sidewalk to 2 spruce trees. I would definitely hire this construction company again to do more work should I need it! They are fair, reasonable, & work well with clients.

Description of Work
Included obtaining & paying for permit as well as managing project. Trimmed trees so that machinery could get in and out of areas to be worked on. Removed (& replaced after work was done) existing concrete: patio, part of walkway, & back steps (new steps are more regular in tread & depth than the old ones) that were tilting away & down from the foundation. I requested one replaced area be enlarged by the steps; that turned out very well. Raised the addition we had put on in 2002 that was sinking with 4 Chance SS5 helical piers; closed many of the cracks inside & outside the addition. Placed 2 large L brackets in the crawlspace to hold the addition to the rest of the house. Repaired disturbed gravel with new weed barrier & added as well as spread new gravel. Replaced a few pieces of vinyl siding damaged by the machinery.

Category siding, foundation repair

06/06/2016

Allen K.

Brady came out and took a look at the issues I was having and he gave me great advice on how to deal with the situation that didn't require an expensive fix. Most other providers would have pushed me to a solution that may not have fixed the issue. Very professional, was on time, and responsive. When I do have an issue, it's clear that this company is ethical and I will use them for the service.

Description of Work
Quote and evaluation.

Category concrete repair

05/27/2016

Mark J.

I am a multiple award winning Home Builder from Minnesota. I am also very meticulous and extremely fussy about the way I want things done. Hire these guys!! Brady Van Matre and his crew were fantastic. I wish I had 10 guys like Adam and Michael working for me. Very conscientious about my construction concerns and keeping the job-site clean. Fit my job into their schedule even after the scope of the project tripled in size after they had already started. Very happy and I'm not easy to please.

Description of Work
Installed Exterior Drain Tile system with corrugated matting . Installed 8 helical piers and pulled the foundation walls back out to a level position. Cut 2 egress window openings in the foundation walls for legal bedrooms. Installed over a dozen vertical steel I-beams to the foundation walls to hold the walls in place. Pushed exterior face brick back onto top of foundation wall.

Grant D.

Their team was easy to work with and got the work done efficiently and left my basement in great shape. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for foundation repair and a solution to a wet basement. Brady Van Matre is a hardworking hands on guy with tons of knowledge on how to fix it.

Description of Work
Van Matre Construction provided me with a solution to waterproof my basement that was both affordable and effective. They installed an interior perimeter foundation drain.

Category concrete repair, excavators, masonry, remodeling, basement waterproofing, home builders, foundation repair, basement remodeling

jill D.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. When our home flooded, I thought I had hit bottom. I was devastated to then learn that in addition to drainage, we needed foundation repairs. Finding Van Matre Construction was a turning point in our journey. Brady and his team were knowledgeable, compassionate, and fair. They finished the project on time and on budget. When I had questions, they were willing to spend the extra time needed to make sure that I understood everything that was happening. I will always be grateful for their expertise and professionalism. Now that the project is one year behind us, I again feel safe and secure in our home, and grateful that they made it possible within our budget.

Description of Work
Van Matre Construction helped us with foundation drainage, basement drainage, and foundation repairs.

Matt K.

They came out and completed the task in about half a day. They were professional, clean and punctual. The grinding caused a little dust inside the home but that was to be expected. Happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
 Grind/chip loose concrete from (4) 3’-4’’ tall, vertical foundation cracks in crawlspace as identified by engineer’s report. Where crack is hairline, grind to ¼” wide, 4” deep clearance; caulk with Sika crack sealant  Prepare concrete surface to clean, smooth surface  Install 30” Structural Materials

03/14/2014

Karli H.

They are currently doing the project. We have been strongly involved with the entire process. Their general quality workmanship is very high. Their scheduling and completing the schedule a little below optimal like one step down. The value for dollar seems to be very good. We are generally very happy with what had happen. The cost was the first thing to choose them. They seemed to be willing to work with us. They were not a design house; but they were willing to work with us on us kind of do the design and they kind of finish it out. They then just bring it to reality. They were very accommodating to changes as the project started. They estimated $30000 for the job.

Description of Work
Van Matre Construction gave us an estimate to remodel our entire house.

Category remodeling, home builders

11/23/2013

Rita N.

Approximatelky 4 years after finishing the project, 200 stair treads failed. They started crumbling and deteriorating at a fast rate, causng the stairs to be unsafe. Brady and his crew warrantied the replacement of the stairs,at his cost. All treads were replaced timely and professionally. We are thankful to Brady and his crew for their hard work and honest workmanship. You can trust Brady Van Matre. He stands behind his workmanship and provides excellent service. We recommend him very highly.

Description of Work
Brady and his crew replaced the landings and stairs throughout our apartment community. It was a large project and very techical, envolving replacing railings, stair treads, concrete and stringers. The project finished in late 2009. We were very happy with the finished product.

Category contractors, concrete repair, woodworking

01/17/2013

Rita N.

They are excellent and I used them all the time. They are a general contractor and have several supervisors that come and supervise different aspects of the job. They are kind of the go to company for all my major projects.

Description of Work
I have used Van Matre Construction LLC.

06/02/2012

Rita N.

Overall this is a great company. Usually on top of it all and easy to work with. We have so many projects that they do at our 124 unit apartment community and they work with us to keep our residents happy. As you can image with construction going on in close proximity to apartment homes their cooperation is needed and appreciated. I do recommend VanMatre to others in need of major projects. He has also completed major work on a sister property in Green Mountain (approximately $800,000 on one large project).

Description of Work
Brady VanMatre has been doing work with us for several years. It is nice to find a general contractor to handle our big projects. From providing backhoe work, replacing stair cases, repairing soffits, concrete work, flooring work, crawl space ventilation, and the big project to come - replacing a retaining wall.

11/19/2005

SHERI M.

The contractors were the best. They showed up when they were supposed to, kept the site as secure and clean as possible and dealt with he surprises of rehab work as well as anyone could. Even change orders were dealt with fairly and professionally.

Description of Work
Van Matre construction performed all the demolition, framing, roofing, drywall, plumbing, carpentry, tiling and finish work on a new Laundry, expanded bathroom and closet attached to the master bedroom of my home.

Category remodeling

Stellar Painting & Remodeling

Stellar is a consultative style, family owned, and award winning business! We have been in business for 16 years and our focus is you and your needs. We are currently offering Online Interior or Exterior Virtual Online Bids. Please call us for more Details. We will do "In person" Exterior Bids in City's or Counties allowing it. Our Goal is provide a Fair Price for Consistent Positive End Results and be More Right than Wrong Always with our Estimates. Cost is determined by the job, no travel charge, no service fee, and no extra charge for after-hours service. Estimates are Free no matter where you live. Our mission is to care the most and have Hardworking Passionate People doing great work and providing a high level of Customer Service to our Clients. Additional contacts: Owner Guy W. Miller, Kris Nolan, Ashley Turner, Stacy Field Supervisors Nick Lawrence & Armando Torres. MAIN LINE FOR BID REQUESTS: (720) 981-7827(STAR). Send Bid Requests for Residential or Commercial to sc.stellar@choosestellar.com

Offers by Stellar Painting & Remodeling on Angi
    Munoz Masonry LLC

20+ years experience. Residential & Commercial. Contact us for a free consultation, same day availability. Proudly servicing Denver and surrounding areas.

CC Concrete LLC

We are very proud of the concrete work we have performed for the people in and around the metro area. If you have any questions about the work we do then please give us a call or have a look around our website. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Offers by CC Concrete LLC on Angi

Various Commercial General Contractor Liscenses
    Boulder, Denver, Aurora, Louisville, Lafayette, Lakewood, Littleton
    Various building departments

Foundation Repair, Foundation Drains, Foundation lifting, helical pier, micro-piles, grading, structural steel, crack repair, epoxy injection, carbon-fiber repairs, micropiles, micro piles, underpinning, foundation leveling