The Neighborhood Handyman Service

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2011

3147 Cross Canyon Ln

Grand Junction, CO 81504

We are a small, local repair and remodeling company. We provide high detail service and pride ourselves on making every customer happy one homeowner at a time. If needed, we will ocassionally hire subcontractors to get the job done on schedule. If the job site distance exceeds 10 miles from the office there will be a $30 trip charge, which is due upon arrival. If hired for the project, the trip charge will be discounted on the invoice....

09/11/2020

Wendy K.

Frank was prompt, efficient, and nice to talk with. He was able to schedule the appointment with me for the morning after I called him. He completed all projects very well and is clearly a skilled handyman. The bed frame in particular was a lot of work, and he did an excellent job. I was glad I contacted him, and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Install tension shower rod, assemble canopy bed frame, assemble outdoor bench glider

12/10/2019

carolyn B.

Frank never showed up. Was supposed to be here at noon and I gave up at 1:45. I tried to call him, no answer. I sent a text, no answer. Unreliable, what can I say.

Description of Work
lighting fixture repair

Category electrician

01/19/2018

Fernando R.

Frank was very honest and forthcoming about repairing and future maintenance of the bathroom fan. I would hire him again for any handyman services.

Description of Work
Bathroom Fan repair

06/02/2017

William F.

It was a pleasure meeting Frank. He communicated well, gave us an honest and fair quote, showed up right on time and performed fantastic work. I had several repair questions and Frank was not only able to answer all of them but he went above and beyond to perform a few extra repairs for us at no additional cost. We are listing our house soon and have several more repairs to make in order to have the house ready. Its Safe to say we'll be relying on Frank's expertise for our future projects. Will

Description of Work
Florescent light fixtures replaced, dishwasher adjusted, wall repair.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, interior painters, doors

04/04/2017

Tim C.

It was work that was done over several visits and Frank was on time for each appointment. He did a great job each time. I was very impressed with his work and his professionalism.

Description of Work
Frank did a variety of small home repairs (fixing a hole in the ceiling, repairing our storm door, fixing window blinds, etc.) and one major repair on the fence enclosing our backyard.

Category drywall, handyman service, doors

03/31/2017

Susan A.

Frank found a few problems with the swamp cooler that might be causing the leak. He was unable to get ahold of me and elected not to charge for his visit.

Description of Work
Frank came to look at my swamp cooler/roof to determine what might be causing a leak.

03/21/2017

lauren M.

I plan to hire Frank back for all my handyman needs! I found him on Angie's list based on his a rating and location. I called him and he was able to squeeze in a visit to a new property we had just purchased to give me a quote. I found out when he arrived that he was extremely knowledgeable about manufactured homes. We didn't realize that we had purchased a manufactured home and there was no designation for handymen with this expertise on Angie's list. I had a full inspection report and Frank walked through the entire report with me. He was great about explaining and even pointing out other items and educating me on why it happened and how serious it was or wasn't. He was very thorough and even climbed down into the crawlspace, which the next contractor I had out to give me a bid, did not. He called me that evening with the quote and got started two days later. Frank did a great job, was flexible, completed the work quickly, and I found him to be trustworthy. I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Plumbing, roofing, electrical, window screen repair, insulation, painting, cleaning gutters. All items that showed up on the inspection report after buying a house!

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, interior painters, doors

12/02/2016

Mark P.

He was fast and thorough and asked me to inspect each separate job before moving on to the next one.

Description of Work
Sealing work, siding work

08/02/2016

Larry L.

After boasting that he would never consider installing a lower qualty hot water heater he did just that, and lied about what it cost. I guess most homeowners wouldn't look up the model of the water heater but I did and it was one of the cheapest water heaters that Home Depot offered. Unfortunately I didn't look it up until it was nearly completely installed or I would have rejected it or demanded an adjustment in the estimate. I'm sure it'll be fine but it wasn't what he represented. When I confronted him about the quality of the water heater he claimed he paid over $500 for it. I told him it was $367 at Home Depot. He said, and quot;I guess that's where I should have gotten it.and quot; I pointed out that that WAS where he got it (I saw the box), and he just clammed up. I said and quot;I was hoping you'd offer me a discountand quot; and he said nothing. What was I to do? I paid the bill.I'm sure Frank's a nice guy but he mixed up our planned appointment time (twice) and, when discussing a couple other issues in the house, revealed some poor diagnostic logic.It's difficult writing a poor review for something like this. It makes me realize that people probably don't bother, most of the time. I wish I had been warned away from this service.

Description of Work
replaced a water heater

Category plumbing

03/22/2016

Jessica G.

Frank responded to my call the same day and was able to come out the following day to complete the work. He worked quickly and did what needed to be done. Prices were fair.

Description of Work
Removed four light fixtures and capped the electric so the area could be painted and new light fixtures installed after painting. Stretched carpet and removed wrinkles in carpeting.

Category electrician, handyman service

09/21/2015

Matt B.

This was a rush job, after hours. All things considered, it went fine. Work was delivered as discussed, on budget.

Description of Work
Installed temporary trim work around rough-in door frames

04/15/2013

Kate S.

I contacted Frank on April 1th and explained some various jobs that needed completed. We set up for him to come on April 15th at 8:00 am. Around 9 am when he had been a no call no show I called him and asked him if he was planning on coming. He asked me if I was the one that cancelled on him and I said No. Then he looked in his book and said "oh, I see you here. Something bigger came up and I had to jump on it." Totally unprofessional.

Description of Work
No jobs were performed due to no call no show.

Category drywall, handyman service

03/25/2013

Sheila B.

Everything went very well. he needed some wahers to complete the job and he just jumped in his truck and went to the hardware store down the street.

Description of Work
I called Frank on a Friday and he was able to come out the following Saturday to install 4 vanity faucets. Two of the faucets were installed into new granite countertops. I had called another plumber on Angies list who could not (or would not) install the faucets with the universal adapters available at the hardware store. Frank worked until all the faucets were running perfectly. He also had time to install a new dining room fixture that I had been meaning to install. He was prompt, did fine work and the price seemed very reasonable.

01/22/2013

SHARON T.

He is prompt, thorough, and reliable. He is an electrician but does lots of other jobs. He cleaned our gutters, trimmed tree branches away from the roof, winterized our swamp cooler, and replaced the glass in a window, among other things. My only disappointment is that I asked for estimates on some other jobs and he never got me that info.

Description of Work
Good general handyman

01/09/2013

rita Y.

A tenant of ours called to tell us the toilet was running. I subsequently called The Neighborhood Handyman and spoke with Frank. He said he could be out in a couple hours. I met him at the property at our scheduled time. He identified the problem quickly and since he had the part with him, he was able to repair the toilet immediately. He was very professional. Frank explained the problem and how the new part (a new and less troublesome one) worked. I was thrilled to have this taken care of so quickly and reasonably. I will definitely call him again.

Description of Work
A toilet was running. A part in the tank needed to be replaced. Frank identified the problem and replaced the part.

Category handyman service, plumbing

11/20/2012

Edward N.

The Neighborhood Handyman Service, Frank Valchant, 303-359-5897, was completely unsatisfactory. I contracted with him for about a half dozen household repairs, which he never performed. Here is the story: by previous telephonic arrangement, I met Valchant at my house on Satruday, November 3, 2012. (He charged me $30 just for the visit, which I initially understood, but which, in retrospect, was a waste of money.) We went over all the "to do" items, each of us making a written list as we went. He promised to give me a written estimate by the evening of Sunday, November 4. He did not do so. I had to call him on Tuesday, November 6. He did not remember me or the job. I had to jog his memory. He gave me an estimate, which seemed odd in light of his initial lack of memory. I reminded him that, during our initial meeting, I had expressed the hope that I could get the work done by Thanksgiving. He said he would have a better idea about his schedule on Friday, November 9 and would all me then. Concerned that he had not called, I called him at the end of the day. We agreed that we would meet at my house at 9:00 a.m. onThursday, November 15, so I could let him and he could do the work. On Friday, November 15, I called Valchant at 8:20 a.m. to remind him and to ask if he expected to be on time. Having received no response, I expected he would appear at 9:00 a.m. to do the work. He did not do so. I waited until 11:00 a.m., calling him several times. Did I get the date wrong? Was he ill? Did he have some sort of emergency? What was the problem? I had to leave a voicemail each time. I received no response. I tried to call him again the afternoon of November 15. I had to leave a voicemail. I tried to call again the next day, Friday, November 16. I left a voicemail. There was no response. Today is Tuesday, November 20, and I have not heard from him.

Description of Work
No services were ever performed.

Category contractors, handyman service, replacement windows, doors

11/13/2012

Peter S.

He was professional, did good work, and managed a bunch of surprise issues that popped up.

Description of Work
He did a closet remodel.

Category remodeling

11/09/2012

Edward H.

Frank showed up wearing a hat with a political slogan on it. As I tried to explain the three projects I wanted to get done, it seemed like he just wasn't getting it. After finally agreeing on one of the projects, resetting a door frame, He was ready to leave and promised to call me later that day with an estimate. He charged me $30.00 just to come out to the house and look. He never callled me back.

Description of Work
Frank Valchant came to my house to do an estimate of several small jobs I had in mind.

Category handyman service, doors

09/04/2012

Dawn A.

Frank was very courteous, punctual and reasonable/fair in his price . The work performed by Frank and Wiley was outstanding. They moved furniture, completely sealed off walls and doorways before starting mud, tape and texturing. He explained any additional problems they found, and gave options/prices to fix them. No surprises at the end when the bill came. They also made sure work area was always clean through-out the day and before they left. Great service. Will use again and highly recommend!!!!

Description of Work
Tore out damaged drywall from leaking pipe in cieling , repaired original plumbing leak (plus found 3 more), changed wax-ring, waterline and installed 2 new kits for toilets. Prime and painted ceiling to finish complete restoration.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, interior painters

07/13/2012

PAUL G.

If you are a landlord looking for someone dependable to help you out, Frank's your man. I tried a number of other places before Neighborhood Handyman and they were either ridiculously expensive or said they could help me out "in a month or so". Frank did great work, coming out twice, once to assess the problem and then once to come back to fix it. The property he was working on is an older house, and the wiring was all messed up. So, the install did not go as planned. He spent a number of hours trying to figure out how the wiring had gotten so screwed up, and finally decided on a workaround solution that made it possible to use fixture without have to rip out all the wiring. In spite of problem not being his fault, he only charged me what the normal charge would be for a light install.

Description of Work
Inspection of malfunctioning light fixture in kitchen and on patio. Installation of new light fixture

Category electrician, handyman service

02/22/2012

Darryll A.

They were nice and did good work. The price was fair.

Description of Work
This company came to my home and performed handyman services.

08/02/2011

Alan P.

He is so ethical and moral about everything. He'll bend over backwards to help people out. He won't cut corners, he takes time to do things right. He's one in a million. He's competent and a hardworker. His prices are also really reasonable, he's just a decent guy.

Description of Work
He does plumbing and electrical, concrete work, building construction. He fixed a porch and built on an addition to my storage locker, new door, sill, fixed shower doors, patio doors, replaced dishwasher, replaced toilets to high-rise toilets and got hydraulic seats. He's also done painting and worked on my window, fixed controls on windows. Helped me fix a refrigerator and so forth. The trailer he has on his truck lists everything he's done.

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors