Simpson Brothers Garage

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2010

2510 Weslo Ave

Grand Junction, CO 81505

Simpson Brothers Garage is a family owned & operated auto repair shop serving Grand Junction and surrounding towns since 1990. We service American and Asian cars including hybrids and diesels, small to medium trucks, trailers and fleet vehicles. You can be assured you're getting top quality repairs and service with our highly trained automotive technicians and service advisers. We will always get your approval before we perform any repairs on your vehicle. We are a Napa Auto Care Center and offer a 24 month/24,000 mile Napa Nationwide Limited Repair Warranty on most services. Some parts have a lifetime warranty. Additionally, we are a AAA approved repair facility. We are randomly visited by AAA Colorado to inspect our shop making sure we meet their high standards for their customers. They inspect our equipment, cleanliness of our facility, verify that our automotive technicians are up to date with their Automotive Service Excellence Certifications, and more. We also have a shuttle to take you back to work or home within a 10 mile radius of our shop, and pick you up when your vehicle is finished. You can be assured that you will receive excellent service with us. Common phone calls we get are people inquiring about the price to repair their vehicle. We wish it was that easy but unfortunately it isn’t. In order to estimate the price to repair your vehicle, we need to inspect your vehicle and gather all the pertinent information. Many different things could be causing the problem your vehicle is having. It would be a disservice to you for us to quote you a price without inspecting the vehicle first hand. After we inspect your vehicle we will give you an estimate you can count on. We look forward to helping you with your automotive repair needs and becoming your trusted repair shop....

11/20/2017

Carla P.

Professional and friendly. Finally found a vehicle repair shop that I trust. Will be taking all my vehicles there. I would highly recommend Simpson Brothers.

Description of Work
Basic oil change service that also included tire rotation.

Category auto repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad to here you were happy with our service. Getting feedback from our customers, good or bad, helps us. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave us a review. We look forward to helping you with your future vehicle repair and maintenance needs. Take care. LaDonna, Owner

12/01/2016

Nikki W.

I appreciate the integrity and trustworthiness of this family-owned garage. I have taken other vehicles to them since I moved to the valley in 2010 and have never been disappointed. The quality, service, and communication is always consistent and reliable. The price is fair and the completion time convenient. I highly recommend this garage to those who appreciate quality mechanic service.

Description of Work
My Chevrolet Silverado 2013 truck was literally "shimmying" when going down hills and lightly breaking. After a general inspection, the mechanics at Simpson Bros. Garage performed a complete brake inspection; found that all of the brake rotors were warped and needed to be machined to repair. They also flushed my transmission and replaced fluids.

Category auto repair, transmission repair, car inspections

Hi [Member Name Removed], It's so nice to know that you are happy with our service. We try very hard to provide top quality service. Thank you for the kind review. We appreciate you and hope to continue to meet your expectations. From all of us at Simpson Brothers Garage

09/13/2016

Steve H.

good, so far so good.nice to have shuttle service, they explain what needs to be done and how much it will cost first.

Description of Work
three different parts replaced

09/02/2016

Paisley N.

I made an apointment for Thursday at noon. I got a quote and was told it would be done at the end of the day. Instead of getting the car back, I was given a list of other things that needed work. The repair that I had agreed on when I took the car in had not been started and now I am without a car for a second day. It is now late Friday and still no car. The quote went from $400.00 to over $2,000. There should be a discount for not having the car done when agreed upon, I did not ask the mechanic to go over the car to find more probems, just fix what I needed done for now.This was defenatliy an upsell of work done and I feel taken advantage of.

Description of Work
front end cv joint

07/13/2016

Joshua N.

There were some heater hoses that were also rebuilt. They were very dried and cracked.

Description of Work
The car was overheating and had low power. It was determined that the water pump had failed and needed to be replaced.

05/01/2015

Korb W.

They are extremely thorough, fair priced and do top quality work. I have used them quite a few times and 100% recommend their service.

Description of Work
They put in a new master cylinder, a front crank shaft seal, 2 serpentine belts. They also installed a new harmonic balancing assembly, a crank shaft sensor, did an oil change, and topped off all fluids. They completely checked the car out and addressed all issues.

10/07/2014

Gail P.

Very friendly, listened to my requests. Appreciated the ride home after dropping off my car at the garage. The car was ready to pick up in just a few hours.

Description of Work
Routine service on my car.

Category auto repair

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your business, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Hope you have a great winter and enjoy the Holidays....

08/14/2014

David W.

I really liked it. They were very helpful with letting me know about other issues. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I went there for brakes but I found a few other things. They fixed the tool box in my car.

Category

[member name removed], we really appreciate your business. We are glad we were able to get you back up and running. I didn't see a record of us working on your tool box, but our technicians are always willing to go the extra mile to fix something extra, if they see, it when working on a vehicle. Thanks for your important feedback

06/18/2014

Alex C.

It went excellent. They are top notch and I know that they are highly rated in Angie's List as well. They are just professional. They explain what they are going to do. They explain what they have done in detail. They speak to both spouses when they are there so you can understand what it is that is going to happen and what has happened. They are just so different from typically what you expect at a garage place. I am glad to have found them. We just moved here a year ago and I was looking for a reliable, dependable auto service outlet and they certainly meet that bill fully. I feel comfortable that they are telling me the truth and the work that they do is completed satisfactorily. It's excellent.

Description of Work
They did a safety check and air condition service on my wife's car.

Category

Thanks for your business [Member Name]. It is important to us that you understand what we are doing on your vehicle and why we are doing it. Your feedback lets us know we are on the right track

06/17/2014

Vickie R.

One helpful suggestion, one of the mechanics talked very fast, and since I don't speak "car engine" I struggled to understand him. When I paid and got my car back, they went over everything which helped to clear up the confusion I had talking with the mechanic. It helps to talk slower and in lay terms.

Description of Work
Replaced the serpentine belt in addition to other engine work. It went well. I appreciated the ride to work on the free shuttle, that makes a big difference when you're single and work full time. All staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable. They were very accommodating and I felt quite comfortable. There were no surprises in price or service details. I will gladly take my car there again.

Category auto repair

[member name removed], Thank you for the review. Your suggestions are of the utmost importance to us. We always want to make sure our customer understand the nature of the repairs we are making and the reason we are doing them. We do forget at times that everyone does not have the same knowledge that we do about automobiles. Our Technicians are trained to work on cars and are not normally involved with the customers up front. Please, don't ever hesitate to ask us questions if you do not understand what we are talking about, we are always glad to take a few extra minutes to clear things up if necessary. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future if you have any issues with your Toyota

06/03/2014

david L.

Took my truck in for maintenance service and request to evaluate failing door locks. The shop was able to determine the problem with the locks and recommended the cheapest fix, over the Dealers estimate for repairs. I appreciate their investigation of the problem and recommendation to pursue the least expensive repair.

Description of Work
minor truck maintenance with evaluation of failing door lock system.

Category auto repair

[member name removed] thanks for your review. We really appreciate it. We look forward to serving you in the suture. Please give us a call if we can help you with anything else..

02/26/2014

Alex C.

All tasks completed with good timely communication with me by provided. I am pleased to find a quality auto service provider in the area being a relative newcomer to Grand Junction.

Description of Work
Changed spark plugs, replaced fuel filter, overall inspection and checked for oil/differential leaks.

11/02/2013

Durward P.

Took Chevy Trail Blazer SS to garage, friendly and professional. Diagnosed coolant leak (water pump failure), courteous rid to house. Quickly repaired vehicle, work perfectly.

Description of Work
Replaced leaking water pump, serpentine and AC belts. Pressure check, refilled new coolant, cleaned residue from front of engine.

09/22/2013

Deborah D.

Because engine trouble interrupted our vacation (We were hundreds of miles from our hometown in Texas.), and the garage owner, Ron, had to tell us our old Suburban was done for--completely kaput after 317,000 miles--you'd think our experience was a total downer. But Ron and LaDonna were so responsive and helpful, we felt nothing but relief at having been delivered into their care by a AAA recommendation. If we lived near their shop, we'd never go anywhere else for car care. They are knowledgable, employ clearly skilled technicians, and go out of their way to give customers the straight scoop. (And besides all that, their shop is immaculate!)

Description of Work
Assessed our '99 Suburban with engine trouble.

08/26/2013

Ed M.

Ron was helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. He got my wife's car right in the next day and was able to fix the problem. They also suggested additional work, which I did not elect to have done. Communication seemed a little lacking. They were supposed to call my wife to come pick up the vehicle. Hearing nothing from them, she called and was told that the vehicle was done. Price seemed a little high.

Description of Work
Check/clean brakes

05/19/2013

Dale E.

Droped the truck off the night before and went over what I wanted done they said they will call the next morning with est.Whe they called they went thriugh everything the found and what it would cost. Can't speak high enough about these guys

Description of Work
Replaced brake rotors\oil change\serpentian belt\and repaired vent system

04/08/2013

Susan N.

I had an appointment for the work and it was performed while I waited. Very thorough and professional.

Description of Work
Scheduled maintenance of our. Honda accord.

04/03/2013

Paula C.

They communicated very well what needed to be done and the options available plus the price of each. The work was done promptly and the vehicle is running very well.

Description of Work
New timing belt and water pump were installed plus replacing cam seals and front crank seals. Brake fluid flush and new spark plugs were also done.

03/12/2013

Kody L.

I had them put in a new windshield and do a full service and look over on my 1995 Toyota 4 runner. While looking it over they found my radiator had a crack and leaking coolant, and my front break had 2 mm left. I told them I was on a tight schedule due to me living out of town and I had to get tires put on before I left aswell. They worked very quickly to fit everything in, and finished in a day and a half.

Description of Work
Replaced windshield, full service, full look over, replace radiator, front breaks job.

03/11/2013

Jayme O.

The staff was very professional and helpful. The mechanics went over every inch of my truck and gave me a list of repairs that should be done. They even took the time to explain which repairs were critical, which ones could wait a bit and which ones I could just keep an eye on. The ball joints and repairs they did do took a little longer than they anticipated and were more expensive than I thought they would be, but they phoned me at every turn to let me know what was going on. I thought they did a great job!

Description of Work
I took my truck in thinking I needed have the wheel bearing replaced. It did not need a wheel bearing, but needed ball joints and several other items.

01/26/2013

Anne S.

They were very thorough and honest with us on the problems with our car and the amount of money we would be spending.

Description of Work
They did a diagnostic test on my van to let me know what the problem was with the engine. They gave me a very detailed explanation of everything and about what the cost would be to fix. We decided to end the cars life, too much work needed.

01/10/2013

Donna C.

I took my car in because it was making He decided that it needed sway bars. When I made a right turn it made a clunking sound. It still made the clunking sound so he looked over it again and said I did not need the sway bars. He took off the new sway bars and tested them himself and found out that it did not make a difference. He said come back and get it and if the noise continues we will take a look at it again. He checked it and made sure it was safe to drive he just could not find out why it was making the sound. He did not charge me anything even though he put a lot of time and effort into the car.

Description of Work
He checked out a noise in my car.

Category car inspections

12/29/2012

Richard M.

They were fantastic in terms of expertise, willingness to help, hospitality and recommendation.

Description of Work
I went there because my 1967 Bromeo was sputtering. They checked the fuel pump and separated the fuel line that was too close.

11/08/2012

Richard M.

Description of Work

Category auto repair, transmission repair

07/14/2012

Annette S.

Nate, the service manager, was excellent and completed the work on time & under price quoted. The Acura is running great. We will continue to use them for all our cars.

Description of Work
100,000 mile service.

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Glass
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Body Work
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

**SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER 2016**Auto repair, maintenance domestic and foreign makes, brake repair, tune-ups, diagnostics, clutch repair, air conditioning, heating, oil changes, belts, blowers, compressors, condensers, radiators, electrical, engine replacement, air filter, transmission, steering, suspension & fleet vehicles.

Tire recaps & retreads, mufflers & exhaust systems.