Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services

Founded 2015 • With Angi since January 2016

Sherry Dr.

Fort Collins, CO 80524

Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services is a full service and insured handyman and construction service company. Offering affordable solutions and support for all of your home improvement and maintenance needs. Weather you need a light bulb changed or a basement finished from start to finish, no job is too big or too small. Your satisfaction is our number-one priority. Our level of customer service is excellent and our craftsmen are the best in the business....

handyman (52)general contractors (15)interior painting (12)electrician (9)drywall (9)lighting (8)plumbers (5)tile installation (5)woodworking (4)door installation (3)lawn & landscaping (3)flooring (3)

02/02/2022

Sunita S.

We needed the floorboard under our kitchen sink replaced as it had gotten so wet from a leak it was falling apart. I sent photos and Matt said the cost would be $85 per hour for labor plus materials. He estimated it could take up to 4 hours for the job, which we thought was excessive, but agreed to hire him due to the great reviews. He thought alltogether it could run from $350-$400. Being a business owner myself, I assumed he was quoting on the high end but would actually charge me for what he said - labor and materials. The job done by his one man crew was excellent. I must say the quality was great which is why I am giving three stars. However, the guy was at our house for just under three hours. I got a bill for $400. We priced the materials at less than $40. When I asked for a breakdown of the bill, he said it was three hours of time at the home, plus an additional hour to go pick up the materials, which comes to $340 and then exactly $60 for materials. I understand the upcharge on materials since they potentially did not have a 2 x 4 and some plywood on hand (though I find that hard to believe) and had to go get them. But then to upcharge and add an additional hour just so he could charge us on the high end of his quote is poor business practice. I verified this with other companies. When I disputed the charge, because of the additional hour of labor time charged, he simply argued that it was within the quote he gave me. When I told him I had seen something from Angi about 15% off for first time users, he said he had no agreement with Angi to discount his services. I would not use this company again simply because of their poor business practices.

Description of Work
Replace Floorboard Under Kitchen Sink

Category contractors,handyman service

Work Completed On 01/25/2022

[Member Name Removed], As I explained via our email communication. Our standard operating procedure is to arrive at the project, assess damage, make a materials list, go to the store to purchase required materials for repair, and then return to the project site to complete the repair. Our billing structuring is based on time and materials so yes everyone pays for the time necessary to acquire materials for their project. In an effort to save you time and money we secured the materials we thought would be necessary to complete the repair in advance. You live in Timnath and the nearest Home Depot is in Fort Collins so that trip would easily take an hour or more unfortunately. One sheet of 3/4 inch sheet of sanded plywood cost $50 in and of itself and that is just one of the materials used to make your repair. I appreciate your feedback and frustration. Going forward we will be sticking to our standard operating procedure explained above to minimize confusion and maximize transparency. Sincerely, Matt Maxim Unlimited 970-988-8358

02/22/2020

Steve H.

Joe did it in two hours for hundreds of dollars less than any other installers' bids. They were great and saved the day for us! Dr. T

Description of Work
Miracles do happen! In 30-minutes Joe was at my door and installed sliding shower doors!

Category ceramic tile,handyman service,home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

05/24/2019

Robert S.

After an initial rocky start due to bad weather and him being short staffed, when these guys get down to business they do a great job

Description of Work
Fencing, drywall, caulking, landscaping

Category drywall,handyman service,landscaping,plumbing,remodeling,doors

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

11/06/2018

Kim P.

The job was done very well. We were pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Install bathroom light fixtures

Category electrician,handyman service,lighting

Work Completed On 10/21/2018

09/26/2018

Mckenzie M.

I would highly recommend working with Maxim unlimited if you are looking for something that will stay in budget and is detail oriented. I was very impressed with the communication and time management on my remodel job.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors, trim, drop ceiling and much more

Category drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,picture framing,handyman service,lighting,remodeling

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

08/02/2018

Christine M.

Excellent work! Matt (owner) was very professional and friendly. Chris (landscaper) was great. They both worked on the project together for part of the day. I requested quotes from several companies. The others either never responded to my request, or came out to look at the project but then never called back, or came out to look at the project and gave me an incredibly high bid that essentially turned the project into an impossible (and unwanted) fancy garden. Matt listened to what I wanted, and offered suggestions, but he did not push anything unwanted on me, and the spaces he & Chris worked on look fantastic.

Description of Work
Repair of a small retaining wall, then converting garden space to raised beds.

Category handyman service,landscaping

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

07/06/2018

Frank C.

Matt was very helpful with scheduling. The person we had originally hired to do these jobs suffered a significant injury and had to drop out. We found Matt through Angie’s list and he had Chris here the next day. Both Matt and Chris were very professional. All of the jobs turned out great, especially the wall, which looks brand new. Chris proved exceptionally competent at each of the very different tasks, was a pleasure to have in our home, and to work with.

Description of Work
Multiple handyman jobs. Biggest was tor remove 4’x5’ area of cork on a study wall, re-texture and paint. Also did concrete work, installed basement escape ladder, some stone work and downspout work.

Category concrete repair,drywall,handyman service,remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 07/06/2018

02/24/2018

Nick A.

Our dishwasher overflowed and caused a metric ton of damage. Once the water mitigation and demolition was done, we called Maxim to do the rebuild. Calling Maxim was absolutely the right choice! Matthew was fantastic. He called back right away and set up a time to walk through the project. He took extra time to answer all of our questions, plan out the work schedule for the project, and made sure it lined up to our needs. Throughout the process, his and his team's attention to detail was clear: they created a bit of sawdust, and not only did his team clean up the mess, they left the whole area cleaner than they started. They noticed one of our doorknobs was a bit loose as they were entering and exiting, and they stopped to fix it on the spot. Matthew tarped off the areas he was working in and made sure to minimize the impact of his work on our home. He went the extra mile and used better materials in rebuilding our cabinet to make sure if another leak happened again, it would stay contained to the cabinet rather than causing massive damage. He kept us informed on when he'd be out, and kept his word on when he'd show up. I absolutely plan on hiring him for future projects.

Description of Work
Replace + Repair Cabinet, Repair Soffit in Finished Basement

Category contractors,drywall,handyman service,woodworking,interior painters,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/20/2018

07/29/2017

Denise G.

Matt was great. Very very helpful. Decide to go with someone else b/c of price- shouldn't have.

Description of Work
painting (whole townhouse, inside, 2 fans install (one would need a brace), cauking,

Category ceramic tile,electrician,handyman service,ceiling fans,interior painters

Work Completed On 07/29/2017

06/22/2017

Brenda G.

Matt the owner is a great guy. Very knowledgeable. His crew was very skillful. They fixed what the last contractor messed up on. They are hard workers and worked every minute they were here. Matt even swept and cleaned off the deck when they were finished. It's so nice to have professionals getting the job done. Well worth the money with no headaches. Thank you.

Description of Work
Finish installing deck that another contractor didn't finish.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 06/06/2017

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services

How is Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services overall rated?

Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services open?

Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services is open:

Sunday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM

What payment options does Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services provide

Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard

Does Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services offer free estimates?

Yes, Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services offers free project estimates.

Does Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services?

No, Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services does not offer warranties.

What services does Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services offer?

Maxim Unlimited Handyman & Construction Services offers the following services: Minor Electrical Minor Plumbing Flooring Installation Tile Installation Drywall Repair Painting Window Treatments Home Renovation Landscaping And So Much More!!!