Little Guys Movers

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2008

1807 E Mulberry St

Fort Collins, CO 80524

Whether you are buying your first place, downsizing, or just making another stop along your journey, Little Guys Movers will get you there. For two decades, we have been providing fast, friendly and affordable service to take the stress out of moving day. When you work with us, you can count on meticulous, careful handling of your possessions in professional moving vans, and accurate customized price quotes - with no surprises....

07/06/2021

Kevin S.

My family and I hired Little Guys Movers for a move from Fort Collins to Windsor at the end of May 2021. We got 4 bids total for the move and picked Little Guys because they seemed professional, kind and that they would take care of our personal items. I also liked how they bid in that it was by item moved, not by number of rooms or some other loose bid that you have no idea where they got their price from. They called to confirm the appointment, called 20 minutes prior to showing up and were very quick and courteous. The reason for the low rating was that when I went into the garage to check on their progress, I noticed the antique dresser we had in there was severely damaged. When I approached one of the movers and asked what happened, he said they hadn’t touched the dresser yet. When I went to show my wife, which the dresser was from her side of the family, she was furious and approached the mover again and got him to confess that they did in fact try to move the dresser and dropped it. Since it was damaged beyond anything we would want to repair, and Little Guys charges per item, we decided to donate the dresser to our neighbor’s son. Once we got moved in, we reached out to Little Guys and asked to file a claim for the item. After about a week, a gentleman called me and said they would like to try and have the dresser fixed. I told him we donated it to our neighbor and that we would be willing to negotiate a settlement with them. I called back several times, leaving a message each time asking them to accept our offer. Finally another guy, JD I believe, called me and tried to argue that the dresser was damaged prior to the movers trying to load it onto the truck. We went back and forth and finally he asked why did we donate it if it was so important to my wife and her family? I told him it was beyond repair and would never be the same and didn’t want to pay $50+ to move it to the new house. So, he also said if anything they would have liked to try and repair it first. I finally gave in, said ok, I’ll call our neighbor and let them know you will be by to pick it up to repair and bring it to the new house when done. He then refused to do that saying he didn’t believe his guys were the ones that damaged it. He then offered to split the cost of repairing it and I refused. The call ended with him refusing to take the blame for the damage and yelling at me. Once I got off the phone and spoke to my wife about the call, she said she actually had photos of the dresser from a few weeks prior because she was looking into cost to restore it. In the pictures it shows the dresser completely intact with no damage. I sent an email to Little Guys with those pictures attached as proof and never got a response. My wife then called them 5 times leaving messages each time and never got a response. It looks like we will be going to small claims court to resolve this.

Description of Work
Know your moving company

Category handyman service, moving companies

07/07/2020

Christine M.

DO NOT USE LITTLE GUYS MOVERS!! If you value your precious belongings, use another moving service!! Please read my review on their website: [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
Moving to our new home

09/20/2018

Denise B.

I contacted Little Guys Movers over a week ago via Angie's List. I used the Request A Quote button on their Angie's List page to request a quote. I immediately received an email from Angie's List letting me know my request was sent. It has been over a week and Little Guys Movers has not gotten back to me or reached out to me at all.

Description of Work
Moving to new location, moving furniture

Category moving companies

[Member Name Removed], we certainly didn't not respond to you intentionally. We get most of the emails from Angie's List. Unfortunately, some of them find their way into the "junk" file instead of our inbox. For any moving (or any project whatsoever) you need in the future, we would suggest you contact the business directly, with an email, or a good old fashioned phone call. It works. We hope your move goes well. JD Patton Manager- Little Guys Movers Fort Collins, CO

06/14/2018

Ginger B.

These guys are great! I recently moved from Colorado to Arizona, and this was my first time using a moving company. The office staff was always courteous, answered all my questions, even when I called with just one question. They returned phone calls and emails promptly. The movers were punctual, professional, efficient, and personable. They didn't rush and were very careful with breakable items. Communication while traveling and upon meeting at the storage units was prompt and reliable. This is a very trustworthy and dependable company, and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a long distance mover!

Description of Work
Long distanc moving

01/27/2018

George J.

I was very pleased with this service- Adam in the office was very helpful in answering my questions, in scheduling, and giving reassurance in their procedures. The 3 guys arrived right on time, and were courteous, professional and efficient; they worked well as a team, and completed the job within the estimated time [understanding that it's not easy to judge exactly the amount of time needed for this kind of work]. Most important, they treated my belongings carefully, and were respectful of even things which might not have seemed that valuable to someone else, as well as the new house. I would definitely recommend, and use Little Guys Movers again.

Description of Work
Move items (some furniture and many boxes) from 8' X 10' and 10' X 20' storage units to house; then carry items to the appropriate rooms, including basement and 2d floor.

01/22/2018

Lisa P.

Everything went very smoothly and as planned. The entire process from quote, scheduling and moving was done with high quality and professionalism. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Moved commercial offices from one Greeley location to another across town.

12/27/2017

Kimberly M.

They were on time and moved all of our things without any problem. Very smooth!

Description of Work
Moving from Fort Collins, Colorado to Johnstown, Colorado

12/07/2017

Susan L.

Great. It was a complicated move, because a big moving van was dropping stuff off in FC, but some of it was moving on to Denver via Little Guys. We weren't sure when big van coming until the day before. But it all worked out!

Description of Work
Moving furniture and boxes from FC to Denver

11/15/2017

Bruce B.

It went extremely well. Very responsive, very professional.

Description of Work
Moved our household goods from Livermore to Windsor.

11/13/2017

Carole L.

The crew was prompt and hustled to complete our move promptly, no damage to our goods, wrapped items for transport and protected our wood floors.

Description of Work
Moved furniture from old residence to new.

10/11/2017

Kenneth R.

Very well. The team was very careful, although there were a couple of incidents with nicks on the walls and floors. It might have been hard to avoid that, given the tight corners and the size of the furniture. All arrangements were organized and very professional.

Description of Work
Moving my house contents (especially furniture)

10/01/2017

Anne W.

They were on time, professional, very meticulous and caring with my parents' belongings, and were very kind and patient when they changed their minds about where they wanted some furniture, etc :-). Would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
My parents just moved from out of state and we needed help unloading 2 huge trucks and trailers.

08/16/2017

David S.

It was just a regular move. They did everything right. They showed up on time. They got it to where I wanted it to be. They had good communications. They answered all my questions before the move. Their rates were reasonable. I can't think of anything they could have done better.

Description of Work
I used them for my move from one side of town to the other.

07/12/2017

Anita O.

There were a few bumps along the way that were no fault of Little Movers and they adapted quickly and overcame the challenges and helped to reduce my stress. Definitely hiring them again to unload the storage pods into our new home when it is completed.

Description of Work
We contacted them for packing and moving into storage pods. They were on time, diligent and professional. The leads on both days communicated progress and expectations thoroughly.

Category moving companies, piano moving

07/11/2017

Diane S.

They were on time, wrapped the pieces we wanted wrapped and were careful moving the furniture. All 3 movers were friendly and courteous. We will have them move us from storage to our home in another state.

Description of Work
Needed to move our furniture to storage.

05/22/2017

Dave C.

Quite satisfactory in every respect.

Description of Work
Moving (not packing) Cheyenne 3 bedroom home 1 mile.

02/08/2017

Jennifer D.

The whole experience was wonderful. I spoke with Daniel on Saturday afternoon and was able to schedule a furniture move for that coming Monday. Dan and Eric were both pleasant and professional - they called ahead of time on Monday to let me know they were running a little behind but when they showed up (earlier than anticipated), they were careful when loading and conscientious about loading and unloading my things. They even placed the furniture pieces where I wanted them. Overall, I paid a very good price for the excellent service I received. I would definitely use/recommend these guys.

Description of Work
Little Guys moved some pieces of furniture and a couple of heavy boxes that I was unable to move myself after previously-hired movers completely bailed, leaving me needing last-minute moving help.

01/04/2017

Erica B.

As soon as I submitted my request, I got a phone call and had a move time and cost estimate for the next day. A huge relief. The movers were friendly and professional, and had everything out of there and packed up within an hour. They did a great job.

Description of Work
I needed a next-day mover to get the furniture out of my mom's apartment and to a donation center.

01/04/2017

D C.

They said the job was too small for them!

Description of Work
Did not use!

Category moving companies

[Member Name Removed] we are very sorry to hear that you got a feeling from us that was anything but positive. No job is too small for us. We do have a local minimum, although it is lower than most of the local moving companies. If you were looking for a long distance move, due to our small size, we are sometimes not the most cost-effective choice, and we are very honest about that. If you are still in our area, please keep us in mind for any future projects- we would love to earn your business. Sincerely, J.[Member Name Removed]. Patton Manager- Little Guys Movers

09/15/2016

Kathy F.

It went very well. Bryce and Dan were excellent. They were courteous and adept at placing the boxes of hardwood in my home. I would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
I needed pick up and delivery of hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators.

05/22/2015

Rebecca K.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY Well, the estimator was fine. I was told that he was coming because they had a crew in town and he would be here anyway. He went through the house on Wednesday. Did not get an estimate by email like I was told but got a phone call from a real jerk. He gave me a price for the move but told me he could not do an estimate on the packing because he had to know how much packing but it would most likely be 8 hours at $100 buck and hour. Way off from others by about 4 hours. When I told him that his guy had seen everything that needed to be packed and had promised an estimate for packing specifically, he said he just did not know how to do that. I asked him to check back with his estimator. He hung up and then sent an email saying I had refused to answer his question..of which he asked none and I was rude. Really dislike being told that he did me a favor by sending an estimator and they had a culture of sensitivity and my attitude was not one that they could tolerate. Of course, I got an estimate the first time I was moving and did not get any guff about estimating packing. What was the difference? Beware, though, I had seen others say that they got jacked on the price for packing and supplies so I suspect that this was going to happen to me.

Description of Work
These folks moved me once for some office furniture and it was okay. Failed to put a credenza back together like it was supposed to be and thought I would not notice. Easy enough to fix but really. Now moving my house.... I called them and 2 other companies for an estimate. These folks sent an estimator who was pleasant enough

01/14/2015

Ann K.

Perfect. Everything was moved without damage and the price was right.

Description of Work
Lance and one other guy managed to move all my stuff from a third story, two bedroom apartment to my new two bedroom place just a few blocks down the road. All during a nasty, cold, snowy, and icy day. They were fast, efficient, and friendly. Can't go wrong with these guys!

12/23/2014

Steven V.

Excellent work. Took great care in all aspects of the move.

Description of Work
Moved my Parents Belongings

11/05/2014

Lucinda G.

Lance and Caleb came to my dad's house after first calling to let me know they were on the way. They arrived a little early and that was terrific. The were careful and efficient. They had everything loaded up quickly and even helped me to move a dresser that was staying but needed to be shifted to a different wall in a room. They were friendly and polite and great to work with. They delivered everything as promised for a really reasonable price. I would highly recommend this company to everyone and will use them again for anything I need moved. Service doesn't get better than this. These folks are amazing.

Description of Work
I spoke initially with Adam who was friendly, helpful and very accommodating. I changed the date and time three times because I was trying to coordinate the move with my father being brought home from a nursing home. Adam and then Nolan responded to these changes in the kindest and most helpful way. They treated me with respect and made a rough time in my life easier. They are wonderful to work with.

09/11/2014

Virginia S.

they were very careful with our furniture. They also packed things that i need to store to take to my daughter. they were great with my antiques.

Description of Work
They moved us 25miles. They were just great.