Lion Home Service

Founded 2009 • With Angi since December 2012

Lion Home Service is setting a new standard of excellence in the industry. We specialize in prompt service, quality fixes, and a reliable response that you can trust. We take pride in our reputation and have built our business one satisfied customer at a time. Whether you need an emergency repair,

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

4.2

HVAC Companies (26)electrician (25)dryer vent cleaning (12)plumbers (12)roofing (4)lighting (3)water heaters (2)septic tank service (2)radon mitigation (1)gutter repair (1)

10/19/2022

Richard J.

Efficient, professional, friendly. Talked through options. Service performed according to expectations.

Description of Work
Septic tank pump

Category septic tank

Work Completed On 10/19/2022

08/29/2022

Debra T.

It went great and he was very helpful

Description of Work
Cleaned floor drain

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 08/29/2022

08/10/2022

Jason M.

Super professional and courteous. Work was neat and clean.

Description of Work
Gas line added

Category electrician, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

06/18/2022

Karin K.

I can't recommend strongly enough that you steer clear of this company. Last Thursday I waited all day for a tech to show up for an appointment. Not only did he not show up, but he never called to tell me he wasn't coming. When I called Lion, I sat on hold for 30 minutes to talk to a rep. She didn't know why the tech didn't show but assured me someone would be in touch. I called 4 more times over the course of a day and a half, and each time I was assured someone would be at my house. No one showed, and two days later I still haven't received an explanation as to what happened. No one's bothered to call me. Obviously Lion is lousy with communication and is incredibly disrespectful to its customers. Other reviewers have noted the same thing. If you need something done, and if you need someone to show up on the day they say they will, do NOT use Lion Home Service.

Description of Work
Air conditioner maintenance

Work Completed On 06/18/2022

06/10/2022

Ryan M.

Lion installed the furnace and humidifier incorrectly, which led to a leak that left 1” of water on the floor. This damaged our dining room table leaves to be unusable. Lion refuses to pay for the repair, saying it is our fault for storing the leaves where we did.

Description of Work
Replace AC and furnace

Work Completed On 06/10/2022

05/13/2022

Brian A.

Lion did a great job. Although the cost was quite a bit more than we anticipated, Gabe was a pleasure to work with. He was professional, courteous, and efficient. Fabian and his crew did a great job installing the fan. They were quick and polite.

Description of Work
Install new whole house fan.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 05/12/2022

10/11/2021

Ray C.

They were the first to respond, came out but never provided an estimate.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 10/11/2021

09/08/2021

Johnie B.

Great service, professional, friendly, honest

Description of Work
Wax seal for toilet

Category electrician, plumbing

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

08/03/2021

Mike P.

Garrett is very professional and knowledgeable. It didn't feel like he was forcing anything but working with what layout we have. I'm still waiting on pricing, which he'll provide in a couple days

Description of Work
Getting a bid for updating or replacing my current AC

Work Completed On 08/03/2021

06/22/2021

Charley S.

During a heat wave our AC decided to quit working. I contacted six or seven companies and left messages. Lion Home Service was the only one that called back in 24 hrs. The estimator and the installers were all friendly and efficient at getting the work done.

Description of Work
Replace old AC

Work Completed On 06/22/2021

06/08/2021

Wayne H.

Andrea was vey courteous and professional! She ID’d the problem very fast!

Description of Work
A/C was out of refrigerant

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

04/16/2021

Michael W.

BEWARE!!! DO NOT CONTACT FOR WORK! I requested an electrical Panel replacement and was told this would include a permit and inspection. I had this replaced to be compliant with current regulations and fire safety. They did not apply for a permit or inspection. Once I paid for the service they told me I had to get it inspected. They continue to give me the runaround. My mistake for trusting they would do what they said. Now I have to get a permit after the fact and get the inspection myself. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!!!!! Edit: Found out they do not have a license to work on Electrical Systems in the City of Fort Collins because they do not have Liability Insurance or License. I was told that the permit was taken care of and the inspector would contact me. GET PROOF before they lie to you as they did me.

Description of Work
Home Electrical Panel Replacement

Category electrician

Work Completed On 04/09/2021

02/05/2021

SE L.

I called Lion shortly after 8 a.m. and they had a new water heater in before noon. It went well.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

02/04/2021

Patricia M.

Dustin was friendly, professional and well skilled. He solved problems quickly and I appreciated his instruction, suggestions and candor. I recommend Lion Home Service and plan to utilize their services in the near future.

Description of Work
HVAC annual checkup

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

01/19/2021

David N.

Very good, and I was glad to be able to get it the same day that I called. Thank You

Description of Work
septic tank needed pumped

Category septic tank

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

11/19/2020

Lorraine M.

Typical sales pitch...lots of niceties but not much info about the water heater. Because we were not prepared to purchase one that day we didn't ask all the questions we should have. The Sales Tech presented three Rheem water heaters they carried varying in price from the mid $2,000 to high $4,000 based on the years of warranties for each. We chose one totaling $3, 180.00. We asked about a discount and he gave us 15% off because my husband is a Veteran. Upon us agreeing we needed to replace our water heater, the Tech had my husband sign an "agreement" on the Tech's notepad. He didn't give my husband a chance to read it and seemed rushed to get it back. My husband just initialed it. We didn't get a written sales receipt nor a copy of the agreement form. We were told he'd email it to us the following morning. Meantime another tech installed the water heater. It wasn't until the following morning when we got the email with the Invoice that we noticed a couple of things: 1. Someone else had signed my husband's name on the second page of the Invoice. His initials were on the first page. 2. There was a charge for a 1 year TCC in the amount of $299.00. We had no idea what this was for. Then I checked online for the reviews on the water heaters and discovered that the Rheem Pro that Lion Home Service charged us $2,608.65 was priced for $986.19 at Walmart! Exact same model. The Thermal Portable water expansion tank that LHS charged us $272.85 for was priced for $57.84 on e-bay. It was the only company that carried that exact model. Upset that the company clearly took advantage of my husband and myself who are in our mid and late 70's, I messaged the company and told them as much. I got a response from Mr. Robert Blake, Tech Project Manager who tried his best to rationalize the extraordinarily marked-up price. He kept insisting it was not the same model. I have photos that say otherwise. The first Tech, Garrett Shryock called and apologized to me saying he was sorry he hadn't explained the $299.00 he had added to the invoice. It seems they charged us this so they could "give" us the 15% discount. Something about joining something for 1 year, with the first year being free! Nothing was thoroughly explained and some of this was our fault for not asking more questions. But the fact that the company inflated the prices so much, forged my husband's signature of the Customer Authorization, and added the $299.00 for something we didn't agree upon is indefensible. I checked out their FB page and there are several former customers who expressed similar complaints of overpricing their products, in some cases triple what they are elsewhere. They are willfully taking advantage of customers. I am an older adult who had a 26 year career in Social Services working with at-risk adults who have been exploited financially. Colorado states there are laws (CRS-18-6.5-103-Colorado Elder Abuse Laws), one, specifically addressing Exploitation: 2.7. : Penalties for exploiting an elder in Colorado depend on the value of the property exploited or the advantage taken. If the value is $500 or more, the penalty for Colorado exploitation of of a senior is: 4-12 years in prison, and A fine of $3,000-$750,000. We purchased this in good faith and expected honesty and integrity and we got neither. When I asked for an adjustment to the price, saying we would gladly pay for the unit at the cost I found it at Walmart and e-bay I was told "Absolutely not". They got our money so they don't care about the service or customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
We had a $49.00 coupon for a service check of our water heater but the Sales Tech, Garrett Shryock with Lion Home Service determined it needed to be replaced.

Category water heater repair

Cost $3,180.5

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We wanted to address a couple of your concerns that you stated above. As we are a fully licensed, trained, and certified company, the pricing we provide is not simply the base cost of equipment. We also go through vetted suppliers and therefore pricing will be different then 3rd party companies such as eBay. Additionally, our prices are a flat rate (this includes equipment, parts, installation, warranties, and any other government mandated charges). Our $299.00 is for a 13 month Total Care Club package (TCC) which includes a 15% discount and other perks and benefits. If you have any questions on what is included in your TCC package or the warranty on your Water Heater, please don't hesitate to call our inbound team at 970-399-9940.

11/07/2020

Riley S.

He called me on a Friday night after hours. Showed up on time fixed my issue. 10/10. Of you need a. Electrician he is it.

Description of Work
Theo fixed my house’s overall power issue

Category electrician, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

10/16/2020

James J.

I live up in the mountains in Livermore, CO and most times it is difficult to get anybody up here for home systems repair/maintenance within a week or two. Jason Fowler with Lion Home Service was here Within two hours of calling them. He was professional, thorough, informative and efficient with his time. He had my heater fixed and running optimally within 30 minutes while explaining everything that he was doing and why. I can’t recommend Jason and Lion Home Service highly enough! Thank you Jason!

Description of Work
Heater Repair/Maintenance

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience with fellow homeowners. We are happy to hear that your issues were taken care of quickly and efficiently. If you have any further home service projects, please don't hesitate to reach out.

10/10/2020

Kathryn C.

Appt went well, enjoyed the service guy. Not to much pressure to do extra stuff

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for your taking time out of your day to share your experience. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any further home service projects, please let us know.

10/08/2020

Jeff S.

Mark was very polite and professional. He explained the issues and fixed the problem right away. VERY PLEASED!! Will definitely hire them again. Highly recommend this company and technician.

Description of Work
Installed two fixtures and fixed a broken wire.

Category electrician

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your feedback. Here at Lion, we take pride in our work. The best way to do that is to explain the issue and repair to the homeowner. If you have any further projects, do not hesitate to call.

10/06/2020

Stephanie J.

the prompt response to our request and quote process was fabulous! Daniel was very knowledgeable

Description of Work
wiring a new garage

Category electrician, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. All of our electricians are highly vetted by our Master Electrician. With that, they are all very knowledgeable and willing to assist our customers. If you do have any other home service projects, all of our technician are willing to assist you. Please let us know. Have a great day!

09/25/2020

phyllis M.

It took 2 service calls to get it fixed. First call no work was done and we paid $189 for "diagnostic" And, Theo did not diagnose the problem and fix it in that call. Second call was made because disposal continued to trip the circuit breaker. My husband diagnosed the problem and asked Theo to replace the disposal switch and the circuit breaker connected to the disposal. We paid $447 for this work. I feel we were ripped off for the $189 because the problem was not "diagnosed" and no work was done to correct it in first service call. Theo was professional, and responsive. I feel he was put in a bad situation by the company for not making any adjustment relative to the billing on the first do-nothing call. Problem seems to be fixed now, and Theo appears to have done a great job. My disappointment is not with Theo but rather the company's billing.

Description of Work
garbage disposal was tripping circuit breaker

Category dryer vent cleaning