Thunderbird Design

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2005

*** We are open and accepting new project inquiries. We can provide home consultations/estimates with minimal physical contact. Our safety measures have increased dramatically due to the COVID virus. We will use every measure possible to keep you, your family and our employees safe! *** Thunderbird Design is design and build landscaping firm serving the front range since 2003. We specialize in designing and installation award winning landscapes. We take great pride in our people and great care in our work. Excellent customer service is our main priority....

A Service Provider's profile image

+41 more images

4.4

lawn & landscaping (171)hardscaping (79)irrigation system (56)stone & gravel (43)lawn care (39)mulch delivering (35)Patios (28)tree service (12)landscape lighting (9)fence company (8)leaf removal (5)lighting (4)

07/23/2021

terry B.

It's always been great with them, they were professional and friendly.

Description of Work
They did landscaping.

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

06/19/2020

Frank A.

Thunderbird Designs just completed a full yard xeriscape design and installation for the large yard at our residence. Their ambitious design and technical expertise were able to turn our landscape dreams into a reality. I really could not recommend them more. We had a thoroughly positive experience through all stages of the process: from initial conceptualization to design, detailed estimates to transparent billing and administration, overhaul of original yard to meticulous installation of xeriscape (including plants, raised beds and drip irrigation system), and finally in ensuring all deliverables were completed within projected time and budget. We did our homework too: we compiled a list of 15 xeriscape companies that operate in the Denver metro area, whittled it down to 4 companies for quotes, and had no difficulty in the end in opting for Thunderbird. While it was an expensive project to undertake, Thunderbird's pricing was the most competitive of the lot. Finally, we send our great appreciation to Dustin for his design genius and fielding of our many questions, to Amber for her efficient work on the administrative side, to Adam for overseeing the management of the project, and to our very capable and extremely hard-working team of Santiago, Juan, Fernando, and Felipe (we marveled at their expertise, speed, and graciousness on a daily basis!). Thanks Thunderbird!

Description of Work
For large residential yard: xeriscaping, drip irrigation, raised beds, soil amendment, fencing, landscape fabric and mulch, full scraping of original yard

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

09/13/2019

April H.

Design was perfect, every member of the team was professional and personable. The work was completed very quickly, the price was affordable and the end result is gorgeous! I highly recommend Thunderbird Design, this is a trustworthy company and I look forward to giving them more of my business for a larger back yard project.

Description of Work
Landscaped my front yard

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

08/12/2019

Adria C.

Thunderbird exceeded my expectations while working on my backyard recently. They were quick to respond to my initial request and had someone who was very knowledgeable come to my house to look my yard and provided me a detailed quote. I think the whole process took 2-3 days. The office kept in touch with me regarding installation schedule and even started a week earlier then initially expected. The professionalism was next level and that included the incredibly hard working crew. Those guys were rock stars and the hardest workers I've ever seen. They worked with smiles on their faces in 90+ degree heat to get my yard project complete. They went above and beyond which was very much appreciated. When it was all said and done, my yard was transformed. It turned out even better then I had imagined and thanks to Thunderbird Design the whole thing was a very pleasant experience. Would highly recommend and will use again in the future for any landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Sprinkler & Sod Installation

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Review for Thunderbird Design - 1830 W Baker Ave, Englewood, CO - 38039703

05/05/2019

Joel W.

I recommend Thunderbird Design. Russell gave us a beautiful design for the patio, and the crew that built it was very hard working, very reliable, and did a beautiful job. I would hire them again for sure. Everyone who has seen it has loved it, and it is where we will hang out this summer and many more in the future.

Description of Work
Tear out large 25 year old redwood deck and replace with paver patio.

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

08/27/2018

Ladan S.

Amazing! this team was responsive, on time and professional in every sense of the word. I interviewed 3 other reputable companies in addition to Thunderbird Design, and from the get-go, it was clear that they would be better. I want to be clear that their price was comparable but the professionalism was unsurpassed.

Description of Work
re-do of backyard which included removal of some hardscape and replace with softscape

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

Review for Thunderbird Design - 1830 W Baker Ave, Englewood, CO - 37355512

08/19/2018

Joel W.

Crew was great, worked hard, and did a great job. Designer Russell did a great job with design and guided us through the process to get what we wanted in the end. A little pricy but we are happy customers. Neighbors have commented on how great it looks.

Description of Work
Remove and replace pavers on patio, fix drainage problems, replace 1300 sq Ft of grass and old weedy rock with new rock and planting’s

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/08/2018

08/04/2018

Devon C.

Great. Was provided with a comprehensive design I really liked shortly after a visit. Front and back yard finished by a crew of 4 in 7 working days, accommodating a couple adjustments along the way.

Description of Work
Landscaping removal/redesign/installation

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, lighting, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

Review for Thunderbird Design - 1830 W Baker Ave, Englewood, CO - 37294574

04/15/2018

Jennifer B.

Working with Thunderbird was an all-around positive experience. From design to scheduling to installation, everyone I dealt with was very professional, hard-working and responsive to my needs. My patio and the retaining wall turned out more beautifully than I could have imagined. I would hire them again and definitely recommend for any landscape work.

Description of Work
Paver patio and retaining wall

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/03/2018

03/15/2018

Marcy C.

From start to finish, it went great! Dustin, the designer, was responsive, listened to our concerns, answered our questions, and provided us with a great design for our space. Our contacts with Amber in the office were also great. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Landscape design

Work Completed On 03/15/2018

03/13/2018

Karen M.

Very happy with the design and the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Hardscape Patio including a fire pit

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 03/13/2018

11/22/2017

Cheryl G.

Good. The guy who came out and did the bid we only saw him once and he never did a walk-through. We also talked specifically about a part of our patio we wanted redone to make more usable but he did not put it in our bid and he denied that we ever spoke about it practically calling me a liar. He could have had a better attitude overall. He acted like he was doing us a favor by just being there. I would never treat a client this way. His assistant we spoke to often and she was very nice. Talking to the guy who did the bid was nearly impossible.

Description of Work
Redo patio.

Work Completed On 11/22/2017

11/08/2017

Daniel C.

They arrived on time. Job was finished in two or three days. Looks very nice. Big improvement. Only two downsides: When they patched the grass, they used a different variety of grass, so if you look close you can see the variation; second, overall price was a little high. But all in all, it looks very good and we are pleased. They were extremely professional. They showed up right when they said they would. We would use Thunderbird Landscaping again.

Description of Work
Remove old overgrown junipers and replace with new, low spreading junipers. Replace weed cloth and cover with new mulch. Repair some drip and mister sprinklers. Remove planter boxes. Repair bad spots in lawn.

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

10/08/2017

Peter N.

Thunderbird gets top marks from us for punctuality, professionalism, and responsiveness. The price seemed a bit high, but not horrible. We did modify the work order once to remove one task and add another, no problem doing that. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Removed old sod and gravel from a small side yard. Replaced sod, sprinkler heads, entire backflow preventer and in-ground valve system, along with new rock and crushed gravel walkway.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

10/03/2017

Christine P.

Their team was professional, hard working and very skilled. Out of the several companies we interviewed, Russel at Thunderbird was clearly the most knowlegeable and understood how to take our vague "vision" into something that made sense and drew up a beautiful design.

Description of Work
Thunderbird graded our backyard, put in a boulder retaining wall and crushed pavers in a large area of our backyard.

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

09/28/2017

terry B.

Everything went well. The landscaping looks great. Russell, the design architect, had some ideas we had not considered, but also listened to our list of what we did and didn't want. Felipe and his crew did the work and we can't praise them highly enough!! They were prompt, very hard working, fast, conscientious. They obviously take pride in their work, They cleaned up all the piles of dirt and rock that had been in the street. They even put some new mulch and rock in areas we had not specified in the plan. They left the yard and street looking the way we would have. Thanks to everyone.

Description of Work
We had the front lawn torn out and replaced with a berm and updated sprinkler system. The berm was planted with shrubs and flowers. The crew put in a roadbase/breeze/gravel path edged in cobbles around the berm. They also replaced an existing sidewalk with pavers.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

09/15/2017

Lori P.

We had a wonderful experience from start to finish. Dustin listened to our design dream, and made it happen. The team was pleasant, quick, and skilled. We can't wait to enjoy our patio and fire pit for years to come!!!

Description of Work
We had them install a paver patio with fire pit.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

Review for Thunderbird Design - 1830 W Baker Ave, Englewood, CO - 36242244

09/13/2017

Jana W.

Thunderbird Design was fabulous! From the initial phone call to request an estimate, through design talks and updates, to the actual work on the yard, every single person I interacted with was great. They were polite, professional, prompt, and concerned about my landscaping wants and needs.

Description of Work
I hired Thunderbird Design to redo my front yard landscaping that was 25+ years old.

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

09/12/2017

Laura B.

I usually do not post reviews but I give Thunderbird Design a well-deserved 5 star review. From start to finish they exceeded my expectations in work performance and work product. We had a large project completed in our backyard to include the installation and building of a large pond. The attention to detail and the meticulous placement of every single boulder was amazing. The end product is stunning.

Description of Work
Several large areas with river rock needed to be replaced with new lining and rock as well as a large pond constructed.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, fountains

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

08/20/2017

John H.

Excellent. On time, beautiful work, very professional.

Description of Work
Install pavers from front yard to back yard, around deck

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

08/09/2017

Todd S.

Very well. Dustin provided a great design and the guys executed it on time.

Description of Work
Rock, tree, and shrub install, plus patio pavers/steps.

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

08/03/2017

Jennifer W.

Dustin, the designer and estimator, was very thorough and polite when he came to do the estimate. He also was very responsive when we have questions and changes. Amber, the office manager, was efficient and very helpful. The crew was great. They showed up bright and early and worked hard. They did a great job and took care to clean up after themselves as well. Friendly also!

Description of Work
Prepped area for turf, extended drip irrigation line to back yard, planted 18 bushes and 1 tree, laid river rock throughout.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 07/31/2017

07/31/2017

Kendall F.

Good, a bit of difficulty translating what I needed to what was provided in the bid. What they did looks great.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, mulch