Current Electric Service Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since September 2011

We offer FREE ESTIMATES and a 2 hour service window. We are a locally owned and operated company. We also offer Senior and Veteran discounts. In most cases we can do the job that day. All of our Technicians are licensed Electricians our company is also Licensed, Insured and Bonded. We back up our

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

Electrical Project

electrician

EV charger
View project

4.4

electrician (209)lighting (47)ceiling fan installation (28)HVAC Companies (4)appliance repair (2)home remodeling (1)

05/11/2022

David B.

Devin Dotson did an absolutely fantastic job installing a new 200 amp electrical panel in my home. I really appreciated the fact that he answered every question I had for him about the job. He is a Master Electrician and the quality of the work he performed showed me he is entitled to this title. And the fact that his price was extremely competitive was a big plus for me.

Description of Work
200 amp service upgrade

Work Completed On 05/10/2022

05/10/2022

David B.

Devin Dotson, the owner, spent the day at my home installing a new 200 amp electrical panel. I was very impressed with the quality of his work. He did a great job. He was thorough, marked every new fuse and labeled what each one was connected to. Then he tested everything in the house to ensure it was working properly. I couldn't be happier with Current Electric and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Install new electrical Panel and 4 outdoor lights

Work Completed On 05/10/2022

06/30/2021

John M.

Good, still waiting for follow up on another request.

Description of Work
Changed breakerrequest.

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

06/26/2020

Amy C.

We choose another contractor because of price. We liked everything else about how they operated.

Description of Work
Full electrical overhaul

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

10/31/2019

Arnold A.

Knowledgeable, professional, quick in and out.

Description of Work
I had a kitchen drop down light rewired

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

10/29/2019

Mary F.

The technician was prompt and efficient. He did a great job, and we would hire this firm again.

Description of Work
I needed a ceiling fan installation in a newer home.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

02/21/2019

Jay O.

Devin has done work for us in the past and is always on-time and does great work within our budget. We recently had some power issues and he came over as soon as we called. After doing some investigating he determined the issue and we couldn't be happier. We will continue to use Current Electric.

Description of Work
There was a shortage of power to a section of the house.

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

02/07/2019

Carolyn H.

Fantastic! He was the only company responsive to a small job. He was very helpful and had a great attitude!

Description of Work
Repair wall switch and patio light

Work Completed On 01/05/2019

01/08/2019

Tim B.

Everything was terrific. The guy was fast, professional, and polite. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Office lighting install

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

01/05/2019

Sharon T.

Turned out that we had a loose connection in the outside electrical box. It was fixed promptly and the charge was reasonable.

Description of Work
We had a dead outlet that our microwave plugged into.

Work Completed On 01/04/2019

10/28/2018

J H G.

Great, they came the next day did the work in less than an hour. Nice to have old jumble of wires replaced with professional work.

Description of Work
Need a new outlet in my garage to switch from old tube lights to new LED. Prior electrical work was all amateur, also need an outlet replaced in the kitchen.

Work Completed On 10/27/2018

08/20/2018

Laura S.

He did a great job and was able to find the parts we needed in a timely fashion. He was very friendly and courteous.

Description of Work
Diagnosis on attic fan problems, replacement of switches for an older model. Also ran wiring for 3 new ceiling fans installations.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/08/2018

07/14/2018

Theodore D.

Contacted Current Electric on the recommendation of a friend who had utilized their service and was pleased with the end result. Did not check prices with other companies, so not sure how reasonable the rate was. The circuit and 2 outlets installed in the soffet on the back of home was $589 for comparison. Technician came out on a holiday to provide estimate. Was quick and thorough. Received phone call to schedule service date within ~30 minutes. Technician arrived on time the day of install and performed work very quickly. Entire experience was quick, professional, and friendly. Price matched provided estimate.

Description of Work
Added two outdoor outlets and a new 15A circuit, ran some CAT5 through floor/walls.

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

02/28/2018

Daniel P.

By far, this was the best contractor I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Devin was extremely professional, patient, helpful and thorough. Everything was explained about the issues, the best plan of action and the costs. He worked non-stop to fix the issues and went above-and-beyond to ensure they were repaired properly. I cannot recommend this company enough and will use them for all future electrical needs. Thank you!

Description of Work
Failed outlets, recessed light and breaker

Work Completed On 02/28/2018

01/25/2018

Shirley S.

Devin picked up better detectors and installed. All is well! Fantastic family run business! Thank you!

Description of Work
Fire detectors malfunctioning

Work Completed On 01/25/2018

01/15/2018

Amy M.

Wonderful and a great experience working with a professional who is very fair on pricing, We definitely will use them on all of our electrical needs.

Description of Work
Recently purchased this home in December 2017 so adding 20 amp panel, running two circuits to the garage for a refrigerator, freezer and electrical tools for usage as needed, surge protector, labeling panel box, and running electrical to basement for future usage.

Work Completed On 01/10/2018

12/25/2017

Lee L.

All work went as planned ... Devin arrived on time and completed within the time framework discussed. He explained all phases of his work thoroughly ... professionally and in terms easy to understand. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Reattach meter box to house .... and install whole house surge protector

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

09/27/2017

Joe C.

I purchased a coupon from Angie's list to have Current Electric replace my aging and malfunctioning electrical panel. The install went really smoothly. Current was able to schedule the install in a short period of time and handled all of the needed permits.

Description of Work
Electrical panel replacement

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

07/13/2017

Kaye D.

He found the problem pretty quickly and fixed it. Didn't take any time at all.

Description of Work
Loose connection to washer outlet

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

07/07/2017

Tarren O.

It was very easy to schedule. The work was done professionally and Devin alerted us to a problem that needed the attention of Xcel, the other companies we received estimates from did not notice the issue with our Xcel cables. I am very happy with the work performed!

Description of Work
They changed out the electrical panel and switched out a kitchen light for us.

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

07/07/2017

Coleen L.

He arrived EARLY both times he came to my house. So set your appointments with that in mind. He went above and beyond and not only repaired the wiring to the porch fixture but also completely replaced the inside switch on the wall with a timer which I can program anyway I want rather than be stuck with a light sensor set up. I was very happy with solution to my problem.

Description of Work
Make outside porch light work dusk to dawn.

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

06/21/2017

Christine K.

Current Electric was able to come to the house quickly and got everything fixed. Overall a very good experience though we found their price to be a bit high given the time spent (less than an hour).

Description of Work
Updating the outlets and switches in our kitchen we ran into some issues that needed a professional's attention.

Work Completed On 06/21/2017

06/14/2017

Coleen L.

Great! He completely replaced the wiring the interior switch with a programmable timer equipped switch, which I can set the way I want. PERFECT! Better results than I ever expected!

Description of Work
Repair porch light to dusk to dawn operation.

Work Completed On 10/05/2016