Reliable Home Security

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2011

We are a Monitronics Security Authorized Dealer for the Denver Metro Area In Colorado. We provide reliable security solutions for your family and home. We service cities all along the Front Range from Castle Rock to Fort Collins. This includes the towns of Denver, Parker, Boulder, Aurora, Arvada, Loveland, Greeley, Thornton. Our executive team has over 50 years of expertise in the security industry in Colorado. We are focused on providing Colorado customers with the best possible security experience....

MightyBee Electric, LLC

MightyBee Electric is a family owned, GREEN local company with 34 years in the field. We do not charge a trip fee for Angie's List members within the direct Denver metro area ( except Boulder, Longmont, Castle Pines, Castlerock and Parker which will be charged a $39 trip fee) and give free estimates up front of the work always. We never assume authorization and customers can pay by cash, check or credit card at the time of repair. Formerly owned MD ELECTRIC. See website for additional services. 5% military, First Responders and elderly discount

SafeStreets - ADT Authorized Provider

Promo Offer: FREE Standard Security System + FREE Outdoor HD Camera + FREE $100 Visa Giftcard w/installation fee & monthly monitoring agreement. For 140 years, ADT has been the leading home security provider in the country. SafeStreets, ADT's Authorized Provider, sells and installs ADT-monitored home security systems. Our team consists of 300+ trained consultants, covering more than 90% of the United States across 44 states. We are experts on the latest smart-home technology, and highly focused on giving all customers a 5-Star Experience™. SafeStreets is committed to bringing high-tech security equipment, backed by 24/7 professional monitoring, to the place that matters most - your home. We have same day and next day appointments available, all scheduled within a one hour window. Call us anytime for a custom home security assessment and free quote! Comprehensive Security System ADT 24/7 Monitoring Touch Screen Control Panel Motion Detectors, Glass Break Sensors, & Point-of-Entry Sensors Indoor, Outdoor, & Doorbell Cameras Smart Home Automation Smoke, Carbon Monoxide, & Flood Sensors Mobile App Control Cellular Connection Back-up Battery Supply Maintenance/Extended Warranty Homeowners Insurance Certificate Theft Protection Guarantee

ADT

Offers by ADT on Angi

11/16/2016

The whole process went very well, from sales to installation. Definitely wish I had come across them when I was installing an alarm in my old house. I will definitely use them for installing alarms in my future houses. The house my family and I bought had a wired alarm system but no panel. The house has 20+ first-floor windows and doors, and I wanted to use the existing wiring (this was a big fact...

Description of Work
House alarm installation.

10/06/2016

Awesome! System seems so easy to use. Our installer Colin was very professional, explained everything, answered questions and made the install a great experience. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Installation of security system

08/21/2016

Reliable Home Security was great! They responded to my request for a quote via phone in a matter of minutes and were available to come out the next day. They are a local business, and their prices were much more reasonable than the bigger, nationwide brands. Mike was punctual, very friendly, and used to work for ADT, so he knew the system currently installed in my home really well. He replaced the...

Description of Work
Install an alarm systerm

08/02/2016

Reliable Home Security was selected after we called about 12 different providers of home security and talked with almost all of them. Reliable was by far the most responsive and professional that we spoke with, which was most if not all of the prevalent companies on the internet. We liked their professionalism throughout the investigation and meeting process. They provided valuable consulting for ...

Description of Work
Activated our security system in our new house, which had never been activated.

12/03/2014

Reliable provided a quote without coming to my home, which was somewhat concerning, but not overly. They were much less expensive than the other company we talked to and their monthly monitoring fee was $15 - $20 / month less. I dealt with Matt via telephone to get a quote via email, discuss the quote and schedule an installation. The installation technician, Andrew, arrived to install the system....

Description of Work
I got two quotes for a home security and automation system upgrade. I have a 20 year old fire/security system, but the system stopped working properly, I did not have monitoring, and I wanted to upgrade the system to include thermostat and lock controls. Reliable installed the new system and components, walked us through the programming and use of the system, and came back after about 30 days to make a few minor adjustments

Category home security systems,home automation

10/25/2014

I purchased a home security system with a three-year contract from Reliable Security on 08-25-2014 because they appeared to be an honest company that cares about the quality of the services that they provide. That was a mistake that I will remember every time I pay them $49.00 a month for the next three years. The first thing that should have warned me about Reliable Security was when they set up a appointment to install the system at 2.00PM and called me around noon and canceled the appointment. The second thing that should have warned me was that Reliable Security sent a so-called professional installation person to install the system that was so rude that my wife told me that she did not want him in our home and we had to have another person complete the installation. After these two less than stellar examples of the quality of Reliable Security’s customer relations they called and set up a appointment with one of their management staff a Mr. Jake Schucker. When Jake was at our home he was very apologetic for the two previous incidents and offered us two free months monitoring and explained the system and its features one which is that if the customer forgets to set the alarm they will be sent a text on their cell phone alerting them that the alarm needs to be set. On October 5th 2014 I tried to check this feature for the first time and found that it will not work on my iPhone5 and contacted Reliable Security to have this feature fixed as the system was sold with a complete warranty for one year. So far Reliable Security has not fixed this problem and they tried to say the problem was with atand t my cell phone provider or with Apple I contacted both companies and they checked for problems on their end and found that their systems are working correctly. I told this to Jake at Reliable Security and he told me he would find out what is wrong and have the problem fixed. That was several days ago and as of yet they have not bothered to contact me or get the problem fixed. If you deal with Reliable Security make sure that they fix any problems before the thirty days that you have to cancel the deal expires. I can now see why there are so few Reliable Security signs in the yards in Denver

Description of Work
I purchased a home security system with a three-year contract from Reliable Security on 08-25-2014 because they appeared to be an honest company that cares about the quality of the services that they provide. That was a mistake that I will remember every time I pay them $49.00 a month for the next three years. The first thing that should have warned me about Reliable Security was when they set up a appointment to install the system at 2.00PM and called me around noon and canceled the appointment. The second thing that should have warned me was that Reliable Security sent a so-called professional installation person to install the system that was so rude that my wife told me that she did not want him in our home and we had to have another person complete the installation. After these two less than stellar examples of the quality of Reliable Security’s customer relations they called and set up a appointment with one of their management staff a Mr. Jake Schucker. When Jake was at our home he was very apologetic for the two previous incidents and offered us two free months monitoring and explained the system and its features one which is that if the customer forgets to set the alarm they will be sent a text on their cell phone alerting them that the alarm needs to be set. On October 5th 2014 I tried to check this feature for the first time and found that it will not work on my iPhone5 and contacted Reliable Security to have this feature fixed as the system was sold with a complete warranty for one year. So far Reliable Security has not fixed this problem and they tried to say the problem was with at&t my cell phone provider or with Apple I contacted both companies and they checked for problems on their end and found that their systems are working correctly. I told this to Jake at Reliable Security and he told me he would find out what is wrong and have the problem fixed. That was several days ago and as of yet they have not bothered to contact me or get the problem fixed. If you deal with Reliable Security make sure that they fix any problems before the thirty days that you have to cancel the deal expires. I can now see why there are so few Reliable Security signs in the yards in Denver

01/09/2014

The installer was not able to make the estimated time because of an earlier job that ran over. He stayed in touch with me and I was fine with waiting. He arrived then at the end of the work day and accomplished the entire installation deliberately and carefully over several hours. Some of the windows presented problems that he solved skillfully. He explained the system workings and walked me through them, even though it was quite late by the time he was able to leave. The company had wanted to fit me in so soon because my request was based on a disturbing incident at my home the day before. The next morning I received a call from the office, checking on whether I had any questions and inviting me to call if any came up. Some probably will come up as the system, probably like all of them, is complex. It is not at all difficult to use, however, through the console, online, and by smart phone. I am able to designate family members to back up my control of the system and to receive response calls if I do not answer.

Description of Work
The sales person came to my home right after my late afternoon call and explained the offerings in detail. I was impressed with his comprehensive experience and personable presentation. When I decided to have the system installed, he booked an installation for me the next day.

09/03/2013

I insisted upon a certain brand of tablet for my security system, so they did need to come back a second time, but they were very thorough with the follow-up. Their customer service was excellent. I have had one issue with a callback but they solved that issue very quickly. Their support and reliability are both great as well. They gave me a discount on the up-front fee, which I was pleased with. I thought the price was competitive.

Description of Work
They installed a new security system for me.

05/08/2013

Jake did a great job explaining the various alarm system options, answering my many questions, installing just what we wanted. His installer also knew all the ins and outs of the system and clearly explained how to use all the features.

Description of Work
They installed a new alarm system in a home that is about 18 years old and did not previously have a one.

11/09/2012

Salesman was very professional, informative and patient as my movers were here at the same time. He sold me an upgraded system that would work well with our existing wiring and added some features to properly secure my home. The installer did a good job and even though he had to come back to finish the work, did the job properly, demo'd the system and made sure my questions were answered before he left. They weren't the cheapest supplier of home alarm systems but the equipment they carry was good quality and I had experience with the monitoring company they partner with.

Description of Work
Install of 2 keypads, motion sensor, fire/smoke and garage door sensor. Equipment connected to existing builder installed wiring and all sensors activated.

Category alarm system

home security systems, alarm systems, burglar alarms, alarm monitoring, video monitoring, home security cameras, cellular alarm monitoring, two-way voice monitoring, home automation, energy management

Car alarms.