Reliable Home Security

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2011

747 Sheridan Blvd Ste 6C

Denver, CO 80214

We are a Monitronics Security Authorized Dealer for the Denver Metro Area In Colorado. We provide reliable security solutions for your family and home. We service cities all along the Front Range from Castle Rock to Fort Collins. This includes the towns of Denver, Parker, Boulder, Aurora, Arvada,

11/16/2016

Steven M.

The whole process went very well, from sales to installation. Definitely wish I had come across them when I was installing an alarm in my old house. I will definitely use them for installing alarms in my future houses. The house my family and I bought had a wired alarm system but no panel. The house has 20+ first-floor windows and doors, and I wanted to use the existing wiring (this was a big factor in deciding to buy this house). I called a number of alarm providers directly, and none of them wanted to put in a panel and use the existing wiring. They all wanted to use wireless sensors and motion detectors. For my house and family, this would not work!! From the sales side... I called and spoke to Matt and described my house and situation. He completely understood what I was looking for. I had a lot of questions for Matt, and he spent time with me to address all of them. Not only did he have suggestions on what to install, but he also steered me away from options that did not make sense. From the installation side... the installer was very knowledgeable and personable. He got the system installed and dealt with a couple of challenges with the existing house wiring. Once installed, he walked through how to use the system as well as the online web site and app. I had a feeling of trust for the installer. When you are getting an alarm installed, you're letting a complete stranger in just about every room and space in your house. I felt very comfortable with him in my house, unlike competing providers. I had a great experience with Reliable Home Security.

Description of Work
House alarm installation.

10/06/2016

Dominic G.

Awesome! System seems so easy to use. Our installer Colin was very professional, explained everything, answered questions and made the install a great experience. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Installation of security system

08/21/2016

Andrea C.

Reliable Home Security was great! They responded to my request for a quote via phone in a matter of minutes and were available to come out the next day. They are a local business, and their prices were much more reasonable than the bigger, nationwide brands. Mike was punctual, very friendly, and used to work for ADT, so he knew the system currently installed in my home really well. He replaced the keypad to a much more modern touchscreen with a ton of new functions included as part of their basic security package. I'm blown away by everything our new system can do, and Mike was very patient in testing and helping me set everything up on the keypad as well as my new phone app. I would 100% recommend Reliable Home Security.

Description of Work
Install an alarm systerm

08/02/2016

Paige H.

Reliable Home Security was selected after we called about 12 different providers of home security and talked with almost all of them. Reliable was by far the most responsive and professional that we spoke with, which was most if not all of the prevalent companies on the internet. We liked their professionalism throughout the investigation and meeting process. They provided valuable consulting for us with what to add and not add to our security system at each level of the house. We decided on a cellular communications module and the addition of some wireless devices for expanded protection. The installer came out within a matter of a few days, and reconfirmed our system design in a thoroughly patient manner, since we are not experts. The instruction after install was just what we needed to feel comfortable with our state-of-the-art system with a graphic interface on our keypad, which we really appreciate after using the standard less friendly interface for many years in two other houses. Reliable uses Monitronics for the monitoring, which we have found to be dependable in the past. We are very happy with all aspects of the pre and post install, and like that we chose a strong dealer who understands and intends to take good care of us and our future needs for years to come. We dealt with Dan, Jake, and Jason during this process, and all communications have been excellent no matter who we talked to about our needs.

Description of Work
Activated our security system in our new house, which had never been activated.

12/03/2014

Dennis H.

Reliable provided a quote without coming to my home, which was somewhat concerning, but not overly. They were much less expensive than the other company we talked to and their monthly monitoring fee was $15 - $20 / month less. I dealt with Matt via telephone to get a quote via email, discuss the quote and schedule an installation. The installation technician, Andrew, arrived to install the system. I noticed he drove a company vehicle with clear and professional branding on the car. He was on-time and professionally dressed in a company shirt and khakis. He wore throw-away shoe covers which was ideal because we have white carpet throughout the house. He explained the installation process and timeline, then went about his work. The installation took about three hours. Toward the end of the installation we discussed adding a remote controlled door lock, which Andrew had in his vehicle. We added the unit and he installed it. When everything was installed, he stepped us through the use of the devices as well as the use of the Internet-based application to set-up and control the security, lock and thermostats. He also showed us the iPhone app to do the same. After about 30 days we had a false alarm and noticed that one of the keypads locked-up during the event. We called Reliable and Andrew came back out in a few days to replace and test the panel. While he was here he answered our questions and showed us a few things on the on-ine app. Our experience with Reliable was fantastic. I will recommend Matt, Andrew and Reliable to all my friends and I would use them again in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a home security and/or automation system, look no further.

Description of Work
I got two quotes for a home security and automation system upgrade. I have a 20 year old fire/security system, but the system stopped working properly, I did not have monitoring, and I wanted to upgrade the system to include thermostat and lock controls. Reliable installed the new system and components, walked us through the programming and use of the system, and came back after about 30 days to make a few minor adjustments

Category home security systems, home automation

10/25/2014

Ron & Linda C.

I purchased a home security system with a three-year contract from Reliable Security on 08-25-2014 because they appeared to be an honest company that cares about the quality of the services that they provide. That was a mistake that I will remember every time I pay them $49.00 a month for the next three years. The first thing that should have warned me about Reliable Security was when they set up a appointment to install the system at 2.00PM and called me around noon and canceled the appointment. The second thing that should have warned me was that Reliable Security sent a so-called professional installation person to install the system that was so rude that my wife told me that she did not want him in our home and we had to have another person complete the installation. After these two less than stellar examples of the quality of Reliable Security’s customer relations they called and set up a appointment with one of their management staff a Mr. Jake Schucker. When Jake was at our home he was very apologetic for the two previous incidents and offered us two free months monitoring and explained the system and its features one which is that if the customer forgets to set the alarm they will be sent a text on their cell phone alerting them that the alarm needs to be set. On October 5th 2014 I tried to check this feature for the first time and found that it will not work on my iPhone5 and contacted Reliable Security to have this feature fixed as the system was sold with a complete warranty for one year. So far Reliable Security has not fixed this problem and they tried to say the problem was with atand t my cell phone provider or with Apple I contacted both companies and they checked for problems on their end and found that their systems are working correctly. I told this to Jake at Reliable Security and he told me he would find out what is wrong and have the problem fixed. That was several days ago and as of yet they have not bothered to contact me or get the problem fixed. If you deal with Reliable Security make sure that they fix any problems before the thirty days that you have to cancel the deal expires. I can now see why there are so few Reliable Security signs in the yards in Denver

Description of Work
I purchased a home security system with a three-year contract from Reliable Security on 08-25-2014 because they appeared to be an honest company that cares about the quality of the services that they provide. That was a mistake that I will remember every time I pay them $49.00 a month for the next three years. The first thing that should have warned me about Reliable Security was when they set up a appointment to install the system at 2.00PM and called me around noon and canceled the appointment. The second thing that should have warned me was that Reliable Security sent a so-called professional installation person to install the system that was so rude that my wife told me that she did not want him in our home and we had to have another person complete the installation. After these two less than stellar examples of the quality of Reliable Security’s customer relations they called and set up a appointment with one of their management staff a Mr. Jake Schucker. When Jake was at our home he was very apologetic for the two previous incidents and offered us two free months monitoring and explained the system and its features one which is that if the customer forgets to set the alarm they will be sent a text on their cell phone alerting them that the alarm needs to be set. On October 5th 2014 I tried to check this feature for the first time and found that it will not work on my iPhone5 and contacted Reliable Security to have this feature fixed as the system was sold with a complete warranty for one year. So far Reliable Security has not fixed this problem and they tried to say the problem was with at&t my cell phone provider or with Apple I contacted both companies and they checked for problems on their end and found that their systems are working correctly. I told this to Jake at Reliable Security and he told me he would find out what is wrong and have the problem fixed. That was several days ago and as of yet they have not bothered to contact me or get the problem fixed. If you deal with Reliable Security make sure that they fix any problems before the thirty days that you have to cancel the deal expires. I can now see why there are so few Reliable Security signs in the yards in Denver

Category home security systems

In the twenty years of owning and operating our businesses, I can count on one hand the number of customers that for whatever reason we weren't able to completely satisfy. We are human and we make mistakes. However, our company is dedicated to correcting any mistakes that are made by going above and beyond the normal course of business to satisfy an upset customer. Even if that customer is unreasonable, argumentative and rude to personnel attempting to help him. Apparently, this customer is one which we could not satisfy even with an extraordinary amount of time and effort spent to do so. Having said that, when we received copies of the customer's complaints and stated dissatisfaction with our company, we offered him a 100% full refund of all money he had invested in this system and technology. This customer signed a 36 month service agreement with our company and we offered to void the contract, refund all cost he had incurred and give him the opportunity to move forward with another company. Unfortunately, he refused our offers because he apparently likes the system and the services he receives. Instead he proceeded to write poor and negative reviews and post them where he could. We have a 30 day money back guarantee program and I personally spoke with this customer and asked him if he was satisfied with our company and service. He assured me that he was completely satisfied. If an upset customer won't accept a complete and full refund and instead wants to keep his system and remain a customer for the entire 36 month contract, we are left defenseless as this customer has proceeded to abuse the power of the internet.

01/09/2014

anne E.

The installer was not able to make the estimated time because of an earlier job that ran over. He stayed in touch with me and I was fine with waiting. He arrived then at the end of the work day and accomplished the entire installation deliberately and carefully over several hours. Some of the windows presented problems that he solved skillfully. He explained the system workings and walked me through them, even though it was quite late by the time he was able to leave. The company had wanted to fit me in so soon because my request was based on a disturbing incident at my home the day before. The next morning I received a call from the office, checking on whether I had any questions and inviting me to call if any came up. Some probably will come up as the system, probably like all of them, is complex. It is not at all difficult to use, however, through the console, online, and by smart phone. I am able to designate family members to back up my control of the system and to receive response calls if I do not answer.

Description of Work
The sales person came to my home right after my late afternoon call and explained the offerings in detail. I was impressed with his comprehensive experience and personable presentation. When I decided to have the system installed, he booked an installation for me the next day.

09/03/2013

Marion C.

I insisted upon a certain brand of tablet for my security system, so they did need to come back a second time, but they were very thorough with the follow-up. Their customer service was excellent. I have had one issue with a callback but they solved that issue very quickly. Their support and reliability are both great as well. They gave me a discount on the up-front fee, which I was pleased with. I thought the price was competitive.

Description of Work
They installed a new security system for me.

05/08/2013

Linda G.

Jake did a great job explaining the various alarm system options, answering my many questions, installing just what we wanted. His installer also knew all the ins and outs of the system and clearly explained how to use all the features.

Description of Work
They installed a new alarm system in a home that is about 18 years old and did not previously have a one.

11/09/2012

Jeff A.

Salesman was very professional, informative and patient as my movers were here at the same time. He sold me an upgraded system that would work well with our existing wiring and added some features to properly secure my home. The installer did a good job and even though he had to come back to finish the work, did the job properly, demo'd the system and made sure my questions were answered before he left. They weren't the cheapest supplier of home alarm systems but the equipment they carry was good quality and I had experience with the monitoring company they partner with.

Description of Work
Install of 2 keypads, motion sensor, fire/smoke and garage door sensor. Equipment connected to existing builder installed wiring and all sensors activated.

09/19/2011

R Mark K.

The initial engagement and final install all went without a hitch. We're very pleased with our experience with Reliable and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality security system. The 2GIG system is really advanced, and the Monitronics/Alarm.com tools are exceptional when you are remote (or just away from home)!

Description of Work
We needed a security system for our vacation home in the Colorado mountains. Reliable won our business over ADT because of their exceptional customer service and coverage in our remote area.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your business. If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to contact us again.

07/19/2011

Kate W.

All of my concerns were addressed in a timely and professional manner and it's nice to know that I'd have someone watching out for me. My boyfriend travels a lot and I definitely feel more secure with my new system. Trustworthy company that really took the time to discuss all of my concerns

Description of Work
Had a neighbor's house that was broken into and since I work from home and am alone a lot I felt a little frightened. These guys came out that day and installed my system. Felt like they effectively addressed my concerns and took the time to understand what it was that I was looking for. Very professional install and service.