Pc Guy

5421 E Gill Pl

Denver, CO 80246

Award wining.

Susan L.

Mark was exceptionally helpful. I went from a computer without hotmail access (something I've used for years) to a functional computer with Mark's help over the phone. I strongly recommend Mark, the PC Guy. He's a gem.

Description of Work
When hotmail and outlook merged, my email seemed to disappear. Despite what Outlook said about keeping my hotmail address intact, nothing I did on my own helped. Mark walked me through what needed to be done over the phone; and "Voila!" I now have my computer working. Thanks so much, Mark!

Glen B.

Went well. Mark, as usual, was right on time and within an hour, had all needed work completed.

Description of Work
Installed new hard drive on existing computer and installed Windows 7 OS.

Edward S.

He was fast,competent and very reasonable.

Description of Work
Fixed a problem with my laptop-I was having problems getting on the internet

Carl N.

Mr. Goldman, sued me for 600 dollars for his fee. In court the mediator pointed out that it is simple math, 54 dollars an hour, his fee X 5 hours equals 270 dollars not 600 dollars. Goldman was trying to over-charge me by 330 dollars .He told the mediator he made a mistake. A mistake? Overcharging by 330 dollars, a mistake ? . And then called me a son of a b**** during mediation. Is this a quality of a professional person ?

Description of Work
worked on my two computers for five hours.

Kristine C.

Please see above. The laptop is able to function as a back up now, thanks to the work Mark did. I wasn't under a large time crunch, so it worked well for me to have him take it and make sure he could address the issues. It is working much better now. Mark was very professional and always very prompt about returning my calls, etc.

Description of Work
My laptop had been contaminated by a problematic virus and despite other attempts to remove the problem, I had been unsuccessful. Kept getting same error messages, etc. Mark came to my office, met with me, did an onsite look at the issues and then took the laptop for repair. While working on it he contacted me with questions and updates. Returned to me and it is working much better.

07/19/2016

Carol H.

Called number. Recording said disconnected/no longer in service. Left message on Angie's List. No reply received after 6 days.

Description of Work
Help with updating computer

09/26/2015

nancy N.

My computer was the problem

Description of Work
Tune up

Category computer repair

I don't know what happened. You need to let me know so I can fix the problem. Mark

08/25/2015

Dennis G.

He was very helpful in answering questions and provide possible causes for my problem

Description of Work
Provided information to proceed with troubleshooting on my own.

04/28/2015

ANGIE U.

After his analysis, he did not charge me anything, but sent me to another laptop repair person whom he knew and trusted, a guy named Brian with Laptop Repair in Denver. That person continued with the repairs and Mark picked up the computer, brought it again to me and checked it out in my apartment. He found some problems that he said would take more time to fix, some that I was not aware of, took the computer to his home for further correction of problems he had discovered. When he brought the computer back to me, it worked well, and he had added Skype, Windows Word, and Norton Security Suite, free of charge! I know Windows is about $100 itself! He even allowed me to make payments since he knew my only income was from Social Security. I am a registered nurse and plan to get back into nursing, since I have had both shoulders replaced and am now ready to work. I felt I could trust Mark, and I will call him again if I ever need another repair! He was patient about answering my questions and had me watch as he worked on the computer. I appreciated his consideration. Angie Unruh

Description of Work
Mark came to my house and analyzed the problem with my computer.

04/16/2015

Margaret D.

He was prompt and efficient. He explained what he as doing.

Description of Work
Set up anew computer.

01/06/2015

Fern B.

Mark is not only knowledgeable, but very easy to talk to. I am not very knowledgeable on the computer. He had a great deal of patience with me. He got rid of a lot of useless information, and helped me access what I needed. He let me know the charges after I has used my initial time and explained all the charges up front. He told me if I had any issues or did not understand something to call him back. I did have somethings I did not understand and after calling him back and talking them through I decided the best thing to do is buy a new computer as mine is extremely out of date and does not suit my needs. Mark does not sell computers, but took the time to tell me based on my usage and needs, what I should buy. He did all this at no charge and even told me that I could call him if I had questions when purchasing the machine. I'm sure I will definitely call if I need help in the future and can't say enough about him.

Description of Work
Help me remove and add things to my ancient computer.

Category computer repair, computer training

12/03/2014

donald B.

HE IS EXCELLENT. ON TIME. WELL DRESSED. PROFESSIONAL MANNERS. EASY TO TALK TO AND WORK WITH. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE USED HIM. I AM GOING TO CONTINE TO USE HIS SERVICES INDEFINATELY

Description of Work
HE TRAINED ME ON WHAT I ASKED HIM LY

Category computer repair, computer training

11/03/2014

Elizabeth B.

That turned out just fine. He was here for about 2 hours and did some clean up and ran something’s to help speed up my PC computer. I was expecting him to tell me things to change, but I didn’t get that quality of service from him.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal from this company for: $99 for 3 hours of on-site computer diagnosis, tune-up & repair in 2011.

Category computer repair

I believe I stated "Kick the tires and let it run for a while and then let me know if there are any issues". I am sorry you felt that I didn't provide the correct information that you were looking for. I also tell every client "If there are any questions, concerns, or problems to contact me to resolve the problem". Thanks Mark Goldman

11/03/2014

Maureen W.

They were very nice and told us over the phone what we needed to do.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal from this company for: $54 for1 hour of on-site computer/tech services!

Category computer repair

Dear [member name removed] Thank you for the kind review. Please remember that "If you have questions, concerns, or issues to please contact me to assist you". I always strive for customer satisfaction and I am glad I met that goal in your particular case. Thanks Mark Goldman

10/29/2014

Gabrielle T.

I upgraded my computer to Windows 8.1 and was then surprised that I could no longer pull up my work schedule on my home computer. I had just received the October 2014 copy of Angie's List magazine where there was an ad for PC GUY. I gave him a call and he was able to troubleshoot the problem over the phone and offered three possibilities to fix the problem. The compatibility problem was easily remedied. I had had no previous interaction with Mr. Goldman, yet he graciously took the time to help me resolve the problem over the phone AND there was no charge for his time and expertise. Kind of unheard of these days!

Description of Work
Presented three options to fix a compatibility problem after I upgraded to Windows 8.1. This was done over the initial phone contact and there was no fee assessed.

THERESA J.

PC Guy got the computer to run a little faster, and he did give it a serious try (in other words, spent some hours working on it). He was willing to come back during rush hour also when my printer stopped working later in the day after he left, but I told him no on that. He told us from the beginning we didn't have enough memory, but that he would try to get it to work better. As I said, after he finished, it worked a little better - still not adequately though. So we've been living with a slow and and quot;buggyand quot; computer, and planning on getting a new one with LOTS of memory when we have time. I recently inadvertently met a computer technician (he's a new tenant of mine - so I was not looking for a new computer tech) and he gave me a couple easy pointers, and now our computer works much, much better. Basically I've discovered we do not need a computer with more memory (we have plenty for our home computer), we just needed to get rid of Norton and use AVG (which is FREE). We also discovered the order of installing the updates is very important. I think PC Guy knows the basics about cleaning up computers (and adding protection), but we almost bought a new computer based on his insisting that our main problem was our computer's memory, and that just turned out not to be true. Btw, I don't remember how much memory we have (and my husband is unavailable to ask), but it is a normal amount I'm told, and it's perfectly adequate, as our computer now works fine. I'm also sure our computer would work even better if we bought a bigger, badder computer, and went with Comcast as our provider.

Description of Work
Our desktop computer was running extremely slow. The windows updates were not happening correctly, and so it would take an hour or so for our computer to boot up in the mornings (I did not turn it off, but when it tried to automatically install the updates, it would restart itself when it failed with the installations. PC Guy tried to fix it.

Peggy J.

He did not know how to fix what I needed to be done. His solution was to go buy another computer. Another company was able to come in a get that hooked up. He was expensive too, but he did make a special trip to come out. He was punctual and he was professional.

Description of Work
We wanted a network hooked up between two computers and he said that it would not work.

Category computer repair

[Member name removed] I am sorry you feel my service was not up to your standards. While I try my best to fix issues, there are some I honestly cannot repair. If you feel I owe you a refund I am open to that should you feel I cheated you in any way. I do my best given the knowledge I have. I have no problem with people contacting other individuals to either get a second opinion. I would have appreciated some kind of notice prior to your review. I feel I am owed that much of a courtesy. Again my apologies Mark Goldman

Mary Ellen B.

They helped repair my computer. He gives tips and it is nice that they are always on time. They never keep me waiting. If I call them and leave them a message they are quick to get back to me. They are just really good.

Description of Work
I have them out 2-3 times. I used them around July.

Category computer repair

Thank you for your review. I cherish all feedback from customers, as it makes my company work harder for your continued business. Always feel free to contact me about any questions or concerns. Thank you again Mark Goldman

10/10/2014

Renee S.

Overall review of available PC functions including security went very well -- I'm already using Microsoft Word 7! Mark's and quot;even keeland quot; approach is much appreciated -- no question is and quot;too dumband quot; to be answered in a very professional manner!

Description of Work
Reviewed PC software/hardware; installed Microsoft Word 7. I wanted instruction regarding Nexus Tablet particularly emphasizing camera function...

08/30/2014

Terri T.

I was having issues with my wifi router not securing my internet to outsiders. He was able to solve the issue with the router that neither me nor my two grown children were able to fix. He was prompt, courteous and professional. I will definitely use Mark in the future. I highly recommend him if you're having this type of problem with your internet and router.

Description of Work
My internet router was having internal problems and would not secure my wifi network making it easy for strangers in the area to hook onto my internet. He fixed the router's internal firmware and set up a secure network with a password. He had the problem fixed in about 1 1/2 hours.

07/14/2014

Jill T.

Mark came over and he only charged an hour's labor to diagnose problem, pick up a new part and install and check my PC. Much better alternative than throwing away a perfectly good computer!

Description of Work
Diagnosed my computer problem and replaced the power supply.

07/14/2014

Jill T.

Our older computer running Windows Vista lost its sound after doing an software update. Mark diagnosed the problem and installed the original sound card driver, and numerous updates to bring it up to the current software level. This required numerous reboots and then waiting for our (rather slow) computer to restart, so that the next update could be installed.

Description of Work
Reinstalled driver software for sound card.

07/04/2014

Robert B.

He got here at the time he promised. i took him into my office and invited him to sit down at the computer and he began immediately to see why my computer was running slowly. we talked about software programs, on my computer, and about updating operating system, what CPU I had and how much RAM memory i had. He was very knowledgeable about processors and memory and the best interface to operating system. We also talked about me needing a new computer. He didn't think so, but gave me a recommendation of who and what to buy for best cost and reliability. He did a great job and I would absolutley recommend his services, and would absolutely use his knowledge and expertise again.I got my computer cleaned up within an hour and didn't have to unplug everything and take to Best Buy, or Micro Center and be without computer for a week and have to pay 3 or 4 times the cost.Bob in Highlands Ranch

Description of Work
He came to my house to help me with cleaning up my 7 year old computer files and made sure everything was working correctly, and how to get the best speed out of my machine.

06/13/2014

David H.

it was all done by phone. I gave him the exact symptoms, what I had tried to correct the problem, and he quickly narrowed down the choices, said it is likely not worth trying to save it. He could have just said he will come out and trouble shoot it, and charge me money, but he isn't like that. He was very helpful over the phone, and he told me of a place I could go to have it diagnosed at low or no cost.

Description of Work
gave me advice on steps to take and helped narrow down the possible problems

06/04/2014

Lynn A.

We had a short window of time on 5/24 and thought that it was removed but on Sunday, 5/25, the interference came back and when I called him he called me back promptly and with remote access took updates back to the previous month and reinstalled different things. The system has been fine since and running much faster than prior to the problem.

Description of Work
Installed additional malware software to get rid of a Trojan.