JK Electric

Founded 2008 • With Angi since May 2010

1194 S Bannock St

Denver, CO 80223

We are a small family run electrical contracting company. We presently have less than 10 employees. JK Electric performs all electrical services in house and has all licensing and insurance to perform work in the state of Colorado. We provide free estimates. Ask about Angie’s List Discount.

08/19/2020

Larry N.

This guy is excellent. You should have seen the mess he inherited and had to fix. He made it look like a nice neat circuit board and everything worked. Great job!

Description of Work
Repair damaged DSL wiring and broadband cabling.

Category electrician, satellite tv service

05/21/2020

Michael D.

Excellent! Jim's estimate was competitive, work was scheduled and perormentd quickly. Greg did a great job performing the work. Would definitely recommend and hire again!

Description of Work
Electrical hook up for hot tub from electrical sub-panel

01/16/2020

Sonja P.

It was very good. Everything went great and no issue with them.

Description of Work
They did some trouble shooting for my lights.

01/09/2020

Eric J.

JK electric was quick and efficient with their work. They worked within an accelerated time schedule to allow drywall and other trades to come in and complete my project. I would hire them again for another remodel project.

Description of Work
Electrical wiring and lighting for basement remodel

01/09/2020

Chris M.

Great, professional and reasonably priced and done right first time.

Description of Work
New service and panel, new plug for steam generator. Relocate can lights

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

08/02/2016

Saskia S.

Nobody ever returned our 5 calls over a 4 day span

Description of Work
My husband and I left about 5 messages and callback numbers over a 4 day period. None of our calls were ever answered. We finally decided to give up on this company as nonresponsiveness is clearly not a good sign. We decided that good reviews matter not if you do not respond to customer calls.

08/02/2016

SHARON G.

Jim and his employee showed up promptly and did a great job correcting the problems. My only complaint is that when I called him back to do some more work I never did hear from him!

Description of Work
Trouble-shooting on light switches that were not working / installed floor coverplates

04/09/2014

Patricia M.

The price was reasonable. We would continue to use them in future.

Description of Work
JK Electric put in an outlet for us.

10/24/2013

Patrick H.

Jim and his staff showed up right on time and made quick work of expanding my circuit box and running new conduit for my basement apartment unit. He was great at offering cost-saving alternatives and getting the job done on time and on budget. Great service and great work!

Description of Work
Expanded circuit box and installed new conduit lines.

08/14/2013

darren L.

Let me qualify this by saying I have been in commercial construction management for over 15 years and have dealt with countless contractors in every trade imagineable, and I have real expectations of what good service/work is and what it is not. JK Electric provided us excellence in both categories, and I was very pleased with Jim's candor and honesty through the whole process. JK responded promptly - even though they had to sneak me in due to a full schedule. Jim quickly grasped the scope as I explained it standing amid the bare studs and demolition mess...and in fact, I spent less time explaining what I needed to Jim than I did to the other three contractors I spoke to combined, and received twice as many helpful ideas in return. Further, I explained the extreme time crunch I had: all work needed to be completed very quickly to accomodate a large function planned at our house several weeks from that time. After discussing some of the trickier aspects of the work, I felt for the first time we had a chance to complete the project in time for our event. JK committed to meeting my schedule, and completed on time - and UNDER the original estimate. We passed inspections with flying colors, and as importantly, my wife and I were very happy. I will be using JK in the future for any other needs I may have, and recommending them to others. Thanks Jim!

Description of Work
Jim and his crew re-worked the wiring for our home remodel - removal of structural wall and building loft space above previously vaulted room. This included reworking the whole service panel to help us avoid the cost of having to install a new or auxilary panel to accomodate the larger arc fault breakers required by code that would not fit in existing panel.

08/13/2013

LINDA S.

They did a great. They were very prompt and had a good clean up process. I would use them again for any electrical problems. I even told them I would like them to come back for future work.

Description of Work
I had a smoke alarm that would not stop even when I took the battery out. They came in and replaced smoke detectors.

05/03/2013

Ruby & William C.

He did very good work and came out not long after I called. He was truthful and very reasonably priced. He was also very informative and gave me some helpful tips while he was doing the work.

Description of Work
I thought that I had a big problem and he was very truthful and let me know that it was not a big problem at all. I just had a few crossed wires that he got cleared up for me. He also set up my yard light for me.

Category electrician, lighting

03/13/2013

Paula T.

Service man arrived on time and installed ceiling fan. No additional or followup work was necessary.

Description of Work
Used JK Electric to install ceiling fan. Work was performed in a timely and professional manner.

12/06/2012

Lori G.

When another contractor installed the master panel on the garage a few years ago, they attached the mast to the garage roof with two supports. In preparation for installing PV on this roof, we were replacing the roofing and needed to move these two supports, which were attached to the roof in a way that would prevent use of the roof for PV. Although the roofers indicated that they could move the supports, we wanted a licensed electrician's opinion. Also, we needed two outlets installed outdoors. JK Electric came out within 24 hours of contacting them, removed the supports and otherwise secured the mast. They also installed the outlets, including burying part of one of the lines to the main panel. When the roofing work was completed, they returned and reattached the mast supports in a better location and sealed the attachments. Jim King and his employee were prompt and pleasant. The work was done well, and they had to go for supplies that were specific to the outdoor outlets I wanted that they hadn't expected. The final cost was about $100 more than I expected but because they were so prompt and helpful, I didn't object. I have employed several other electrical contractors before, and I appreciate Jim King's responsiveness and professionalism. I will use JK Electric again, but will be more specific about the details of the project and the total cost at the beginning.

Description of Work
Secure the outside mast on the garage in preparation for re-roofing; relocate and reattach the mast supports following the roofing project. connect outdoor outlets to the master panel; install an outdoor outlet on the side of the house.

11/12/2012

Derrick S.

The appt was the day after I called. He showed up early, worked fas and the pricing was most reasonable.

Description of Work
I highly recommend J.K Electric. The appointment was easy to to make. Jim was even early. He replaced our dining room lamp quickly and correctly. I would use J.K Electric again in a heartbeat! Price was excellent.

12/08/2011

Brenda W.

We bought our house and inherited a bathroom fan that was installed in the attic hatch door and sounded like a jet engine. Also, we had no light in our bedroom closet and though my husband was really patient the first few months, when the time changed and he was having to dress in the dark, we decided something had to be done. We called JK Electric and Jim came out promptly to give us an estimate. I picked out the bathroom fan I wanted and he ordered it for us. On the scheduled day of work, Jim arrived on-time. Jim was very professional and worked quickly. We are very happy with his work and felt his prices were very reasonable.

Description of Work
We had Jim order and install a new bathroom exhaust fan which required running new venting as well because ours was not of the right size. Also we had him select and install closet lighting which required pulling new wired because we had no existing light or switches.

Category electrician, lighting

09/19/2011

Rhonda M.

The estimate process was done over the phone. It was fine and professional.

Description of Work
JK Electric gave us a free estimate about a couple of months ago for some electric work.

Category electrician, home remodeling

09/14/2011

Michelle R.

Jim was on time for our appointment at the property. I actually called him to say I would be delayed, and he agreed to push back the appointment nearly an hour. Jim quickly determined that the main breaker to the apartment, located in the mechanical room, had tripped. He quickly evaluated the problem and determined that a short in the refrigerator caused the problem. In the second apartment, Jim ran thorugh a series of assessments to see if the problem was in the wiring or in the air conditioner. He waited in the apartment to see if the a/c would really shut off after 20 minutes -- which it did. Ultimately, he concluded (and I agree) that the problem is with the a/c, not the wiring. Jim was knowledgeable, patient and professional. I like that he has a curiosity that makes him want to figure our what's really going wrong -- rather than jump to a quick conclusion. I will definitely use JK Electric again.

Description of Work
I called JK Electric to assess an electrical/wiring/air conditioner problem in two apartments that we manage. In the first, half the apartment was without power, although the breaker inside the apartment had not tripped. In the second case, the tenant reported that the A/C would shut off 20 minutes after she turned it on, and that sometimes that would cause the breaker to trip.

08/20/2011

Richard S.

Everything went superbly.Jim returned my initial call quickly and even though he was booked forward for 10 days made an appointment to come out in 4 days. He was diverted by a customer with an emergency and called the night before to ask if we could reschedule two days later to Sat. morning. Jim arrived on time, was very courteous and knowledgeable.(I am an electrical engineer and can state that Jim is fully qualified). He found that by resetting the first of the 7 smoke detectors in the chain that the system restored itself. He fully tested the system and replaced one of the batteries. The most important thing, aside from Jim's competence is his honesty. He could have said the detectors were all defective and ran up a large bill. He did not. I would hire him in a heartbeat for any additional work and recommend him highly. The charge was only his nominal service fee.

Description of Work
Upon returning from vacation, we found that our house had been hit by lightning. Fortunately it was an indirect strike that came in through the phone lines and power line. Several electronic systems were hit including a total hit to the alarm system, two HD Dish network receivers, furnace and AC Controllers, a TV, the phone distribution system, etc. Discovery of the damage was like peeling an onion. After using several contractors to repair the various systems, the remaining item was 7 AC powered smoke detectors that were non functional and because they ran on 110V the alarm companies could not repair them and we needed an electrician.

08/08/2011

Austin P.

Jim, the owner, was very flexible on adding a few additional tasks to the job that I didn't ask for during the bid process but later realized that I would need. (He moved an electrical conduit in the attic from one location to another). These tasks were added on a time & materials basis, and Jim performed the work relatively quickly; I do not feel that he overcharged. I'd recommend JK to anyone needing a skilled electrician for their project.

Description of Work
I hired JK electric to wire about 12 recessed lighting cans that I installed around my livingroom and dining room and put them on new pole switches to be installed in the walls. JK's bid was very competitive with others that I received.

05/23/2011

James C.

Nothing is tougher to find help for than a small job. JK quickly answered my inquiry... came out within days... and provided quick and professional service at a reasonable price (while it was raining). I could not be more satisfied and would highly recommend for a big or small job.

Description of Work
Half of our lighting in the back yard was out. They had to trouble shoot the wiring and make the appropriate repairs.

02/17/2011

Stephanie S.

We were supposed to have another electrician come out and do this work about two weeks prior, but he failed to show up and didn't return our calls. We had a fairly short timeline to have the work done, and Jim was able to fit us into his schedule, on a Saturday, within a very reasonable timeframe. Jim showed up right on time and went right to work. His verbal time estimate turned out to be almost spot on, and his work was fantastic--you would be hard pressed to tell that any of the work wasn't part of the original network wiring for the house. Jim also helped out by thinking ahead--flipping the breakout box in the basement around so that we wouldn't have to worry about it when we get around to finishing our basement (as installed, it would be facing out into the room; after Jim flipped it, it will wind up being visible only in the access space below the stairs). He also worked up a quick solution to mount our new network switch alongside the existing breakout box. In addition, Jim was willing to spend a few extra minutes troubleshooting a built-in light timer switch that we wanted to install. Unfortunately, the switch itself was a dud; however, the fact that Jim was willing to take a look even though it wasn't part of what we originally asked him to do when we called was greatly appreciated. All in all, Jim's work was fantastic, and the price we paid was very reasonable. We were extremely happy with the work and the price, and we wouldn't hesitate to call Jim the next time we need to have any electrical work done around our house.

Description of Work
Upgrade of existing home networking wiring to include running new wire inside walls from basement to 1st floor, addition of wall boxes, termination of all cable runs, and mounting of hardware in basement.

12/23/2010

Matthew K.

I had a bad experience with an electrician before him, and he came in and fixed the project. I would highly recommend him. He is going to do more work for me as well. He tied up some loose ends so we passed inspection which we wouldn't have passed if I didn't hire him.

Description of Work
I hired JK Electric during a kitchen remodel.

Category electrician, home remodeling

12/06/2010

Brenda W.

First I'll explain that I gave a "B" for price rating only because I had no comparison. Jim was the only electrician that I called that returned my calls. Maybe there was a lower price out there, so I didn't give an "A". However, I found his estimate reasonable so didn't feel the need to try and find other estimates. I value the comfort I gained equally to the price I paid. Jim practices in a fair and professional manner. I wanted to choose the bathroom fan so he told me what he had estimated in his quote and only adjusted the bid by the actual price difference of the unit I had him order. He was on time and efficient, finishing before he estimated he would and he cleaned up after he was finished. He wasn't able to vent the bath fan how I had requested and came prepared to perform the work up to code without adjusting his estimate for, what seemed, more effort to do the work properly. Above that, he made a REALLY important and accurate suggestion about where to locate the bath fan so we weren't feeling drafty in the shower. Overall, I had a great experience with Jim King Electric and I will definitely call him again in the future for any electrical work.

Description of Work
Jim installed lights in our closet where we had none and a new bathroom fan, including venting it out the roof and replacing our attic hatch where the existing fan was located.

07/24/2010

Juliana R.

Great. I called him to schedule an estimate. He was very responsive and flexible. In addition to the home theater, we requested some last minute projects and he could not have been more helpful.

Description of Work
Jim created our little home theater system with the equipment we purchased. He hung the TV above the fireplace, put speakers in the wall and hid the wires for the other speakers. He also set up a speaker for outside. Jim spent a lot of time on this because the new receiver we purchased did not provide clear operating instructions for the outside speaker. He called the retailer we purchased it from, called Yamaha, got on the computer until he found the answer. In addition, he drilled holes for me in the piece of furniture I wanted to use to store the components. He is a courteous professional.

Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric

Every Applewood technician is licensed in their trade, background checked and drug tested. We send an email prior to your appointment with a photo and brief bio of the technician so you know who to except. With over 48 years of plumbing, electrical & AC/heat services, you can trust us to treat you like family, and to do a great job by providing a quick response to your call. We will send a clean, courteous, and reliable service professional that fixes your problem RIGHT the first time, all at a guaranteed price. Applewood is the most on-time and reliable plumbing, electrical, heating, and air conditioning company in the Denver metro area — guaranteed! Keeping you and your family safe in your home has always been our top priority. As we navigate through the COVID-19 crisis, our commitment to your health and safety remains the same.

Offers by Applewood Plumbing Heating & Electric on Angi
    Electron Management Solutions

Full service electrical company. service upgrades, swaps, changes or additions. ceiling fans. electric vehicle charging stations. new construction, remodel, additions. commercial or residential. LED retrofitting. Give me a call and we can figure it out together!

Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric

COVID-19 UPDATE! Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric is wearing Gloves, Booties, and Masks and doing our best to maintain social distancing with every customer contact. Additionally, all employees are conducting daily health checks. Your safety and the safety of our employees is our highest priority! Heart Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric provides the highest quality service for all your Furnace, Air Conditioner, Boiler, Water Heater, plumbing and electrical systems. We utilize the latest technology to save our customers time and money including tablet-based systems with "Uber Style" tracking of your technician, and "Up Front" pricing so there are never any surprises. Our staff is licensed, insured, background checked, drug tested, and in a company uniform and vehicle for your safety and peace of mind. We are a Veteran Owned company.

2022 Super Service Award

Colorado
    Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
    09/30/2020
    MasterCard, Check, Visa

Commercial & residential electrical services, remodeling & new construction, additions, basements, tenant finish, new services, voice & data installations.