Elder Auto

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2006

5555 E Evans Ave

Denver, CO 80222

In 1994, the Elder family opened their first auto repair shop in Denver, Virginia Village Texaco, located on the corner of Florida Ave and Holly St. Eventually outgrowing the original 3 bay gas station; a move to a larger 7 bay shop was made in 2005. Elder Auto opened at 4940 E Asbury Ave. Again our business quickly grew and in 2013 it was time for a move to a larger auto repair facility with 15 bays. Today, our business continues to thrive, and we now offer an extensive range of automotive repair services at our new location at 5555 E Evans Ave. Additional email - ramon@elderauto.net. Additional DBA - ElderAuto Inc. Additional fax - (303) 756-3316. Additional phone - (303) 691-9161. Additional contact name - Gloria. Award winning....

05/05/2020

Mia M.

I love this place and every single employee treats me and my vehicles with the upmost respect! Cody is nothing but on top of it, to getting the work done within a day or two, calling me back almost instantly and I never have to wait for a call back! I would never hesitate trusting this company and employees with my vehicle. I love that I know for a fact I'm getting price quotes correctly and not getting overpriced or wrongly fixed! I have recommended Elderauto and Cody to over 10 friends and they all have felt the same! My boyfriends car was in the shop for less than 2 days, amazing work I am beyond happy! For the list of things to be done I was quoted about $2,300 other places quoted us over 4,000! I'll never go anywhere else! You're in good hands!!-- Mia

Description of Work
My husbands car fixed from top to bottom

Category

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for the awesome review! We appreciate your business and all your referrals. Yes I agree, Cody is one of our best Service Advisors. Ramon Elder Owner

07/24/2018

Kirby S.

Honest shop that didn't try to sell me repairs I didn't need. I'll definitely be going back.

Description of Work
Ball joints, tie rod

08/14/2017

Thomas A.

I would definitely recommend them. Trustworthy repairs and honest dealing.

Description of Work
Oil change, new tires, radiator leak

Category auto repair,car tires,radiator service

08/09/2017

LAA S.

Great! The car ran perfectly after the work and still runs fine.

Description of Work
A lot of repairs were made including a tire puncture, instrument panel, steering issue, and fluid changes...these people are great. The price was fair, communication on problems, repair and pricing was more professional than I have experience in decades.

Category auto repair,car tires

08/09/2017

LAA S.

I live a state away and any trip to Elder Auto is well worth my time. They even found that one repair could be done differently than initially thought, called to let me know, and saved me hundreds. Everyone was terrific! I've never been so happy with auto repairs in 40 years and I honestly can't recommend Elder Auto enough! I'll definitely go back with any future problems no matter the make of my vehicle. It's been over a month now and things are still working great!

Description of Work
Where I live no one was able to diagnose my need for a new steering pump for years. Elder Auto worked with me and figured it out in no time. I had other issues that needed fixes too and now things work just fine. My instrument panel dial arms would get stuck now and then for the last three years...one to the point that my local "certified" mechanic just cut the RPM dial arm off so I could put my car in park. Elder fixed the instrument cluster and replaced the cut part.

Category auto repair,car tires

Thank you very much for your review, I will pass it on to my staff. If we ever fail to deliver top notch customer service please let me know. Thank you again. Ramon Elder

08/02/2016

Gary B.

I recommend every Audi owner in Denver to use Elder Auto. I had transmission and oil leaking and a headlight sprayer leaking and they got it all done at well below Authorized Audi dealer prices. They even gave me a ride to and from my home. I was so pleased, I dropped off my truck for some minor albeit critical repairs as well heater/AC control stopped working. Great Job and you'll be my only repair shop from now on!! Gary

Description of Work
Elder Auto did a fantastic job, very professional and fair.

Category auto repair,transmission repair,car inspections

07/23/2016

Mark W.

Everything went really well. They told me of all charges before any work was performed. They diagnosed and fixed the problem quickly.

Description of Work
Replaced water pump and oil change

Category auto repair,car accessories

06/04/2016

chris G.

great - problem fixed, staff are happy and professional, shop isn't far from Colorado light rail either.

Description of Work
Diagnostics for a pesky sputtering problem I've had for a while

07/25/2015

ezekiel B.

These guys repaired the parking sensors on my BMW X5 and replaced my headlight housing. I dealt with Ken and he was excellent. The service was done quickly and professionally. I'm sold!!!

Description of Work
Parking sensor and headlight housing.

Category car accessories

11/14/2014

Mitch A.

After taking my vehicle to Just Brakes I wanted to get a second opinion. My car was making a clunking sound when I hit the brakes. Just Brakes said I needed two front control arms to fix the sound which would come to $750 + tax. Elder Auto diagnosed and fixed the problem quickly. It was a loose brake caliper which only needed to be tightened. Final cost: $0. I was blown away by their honesty and integrity. Elder Auto has a customer for life.

Description of Work
Fixed a clunking sound coming from the front right wheel. They tightened a loose brake caliper.

08/29/2014

Jennifer O.

I chose Elder Auto because of Angie's List in January 2014 when my power steering system went out. They were AMAZING. They got me in for an appointment quickly, told me exactly what happened and what needed to be fixed, didn't charge me to do tear apart the engine and make sure nothing else was busted, did the diagnostics and pricing for the repairs I needed. It was almost 2 weeks later when I was able to bring my vehicle back in for repair. They gave me a small discount for being a first time customer...which was great because it was a tough bill. Today (end of August 2014) I brought my Jeep in because it has been leaking and it started smoking last week when the AC was on. Again, they were AMAZING. They worked with me to make it an affordable repair - alleviated all my concerns about other issues I had been worrying about, and were able to get it done in a ridiculously short amount of time. I truly trust this company. I will keep going back to them until they tell me not to. Joining Angie's List was worth it just for finding this little auto shop.

Description of Work
Today they are replacing the radiator and water pump in my Jeep Liberty.In January, they replaced the Rack and Pinions (power steering system).

Category auto repair,radiator service

07/31/2014

Nancy M.

I am a new customer. Very satisfied and I will go back. They did a long list of checks on the systems when they did the oil change. They asked intelligent questions - I did not know that synthetic and non-synthetic oil have different recommendations for changing it. Waiting room is pleasant. Because of location there is not much room to pull in off the street. But I never would have seen them in their former location. I will go back.

Description of Work
Oil change

07/22/2014

REGINALD J.

Excellent. The pricing was fair. They worked with me to find replacement parts. They inspected a part that another dealer told me needed to be replaced, and determined that it was not needing to be replaced. They gave me a ride to 2 different locations to get a rental car, and even drove my car to the light rail station so I could make the connection.Will definitely be my preferred mechanic going forward.

Description of Work
Install remanufactured transmission and rear brake job.

Category transmission repair

06/25/2014

Thomas H.

Battery was so dead it was unable to be jump started and vehicle had to be towed. Called Elder before having the vehicle towed there and was told they were very busy (it was a Monday afternoon), but they could probably check it once it was there. Less than an hour after dropping off, the mechanic called and told me how much it would be, that there was a $64.00 credit on my battery, that they would replace it with the same brand - Interstate - and that it would be done in about an hour. Not only was the service fast, inexpensive and very courteous, they have a shuttle and picked me up to take me back so I could get my vehicle when it was done. Just a great experience from start to finish. I was very impressed with Elder Auto and will go there next time my vehicle needs service.

Description of Work
Replaced dead battery.

Category

06/10/2014

Nancy R.

Service was done promptly. This was my daughters car, I gave them a list of issues and asked then to check the car out and let me know if they found anything else. They did not take advantage and try to sell me unnecessary repairs. The fixed what I listed and said everything else was in good shape.

Description of Work
Replaced rotors, oil change, replaced battery

01/29/2014

Columbus B.

They are excellent! They are reasonable, they are very honest, and they don't overprice. They are excellent mechanics, they identify the problem, and they are very prompt. When they say something is going to be done, it's done on time.

Description of Work
I used Elder Auto for brake services about 2 months ago.

01/24/2014

Jim R.

They repaired it in the timeframe they promised. The total cost was $700, $500 for the part and about $200 for labor. We didn’t do a lot of price comparison, but it seemed fair. We went there and we were happy with them. We had good service.

Description of Work
We had a whining noise under the hood and it turned out to be a power steering pump problem. They were able to diagnose that and we brought it back to them for repairs.

01/13/2014

John G.

Thought I had a fuel leak, turns out this is a known problem w/subarus and they tightened up the fittings and no more fuel smell. Thought I needed a new heater core, turns out the thermostat wasn't opening so a much simpler and less expensive repair (another shop was "unable to recreate the problem"). I thought I needed some snow tires, they were very helpful in talking me through options. I was pleasantly surprised to see the original tires neatly bagged & wrapped in the back of my Forrester; no muss, no fuss. And I got a followup call from them just to see how things were going and to verify I was happy. Elder Auto is going to be my go-to repair shop from now on (we just moved to Denver in the Summer of 2013, so I'm glad we found them, and I think they've earned every A+ rating here on Angies list).

Description of Work
I got a new set of snow tires installed, and some excellent diagnostics.

01/07/2014

Eva B.

My daughter recently moved to the area, and we used Angie's list to find a mechanic when her car had a major breakdown on Christmas day. (Of course they were closed then, but were open the next day to help). Ken took the time to discuss the necessary repairs and the estimated cost. The repairs were completed one business day - 2 calendar days - sooner than anticipated, despite the busy holiday season. When the car developed a new problem just one week later, they were able to repair that right away so my daughter didn't miss work at her new job.

Description of Work
New head gasket and associated repairs.

12/03/2013

Monica G.

They were able to take my car in the next morning. I didn't have to wait when I got there. I was pleasantly surprised that they gave me a ride to and from the shop while they worked on my car. Their estimate was 2 hours and they called me after 1.5. They were very helpful, explained things thoroughly and had professional ethics. The mechanic told me they checked my entire engine and they found nothing wrong. He also did research through the car manufacturer's materials to see if anything might be mentioned there. Since the morning when I had the issue, my car has started up just fine. It seems it was a one time fluke. I was very happy with the service and the staff.

Description of Work
My engine didn't start one morning, so I brought it in to have it checked out. AAA guy had mentioned he thought it was the fuel pump

11/22/2013

Jean N.

Elder Auto aligned my car. They were prompt, courteous and thorough. I noticed the driving difference immediately. As luck would have it, the very next day I dropped my grandson at school. When I tried to leave, my car wouldn't start. I happened to be about 5 blocks away from Elder Auto. It was my battery. Elder Auto was exceptionally busy that morning and had no mobile units to send out. I managed to get a jump from a very kind person and drove to Elder Auto for a battery. What I did not know was that, even as busy as they were, one of the staff swung by the school to help me on his way back to the shop. I didn't find that out until after my new battery was installed and I was about to leave the shop. Even though the cost was higher than I expected, I gladly paid it because the service, kindness, thoughtfulness, thoroughness and quality were exemplary.

10/24/2013

Andrew A.

They were really good about getting me in for an estimate and then for repairs. Front office is friendly and comfortable. Even gave me 10% off the bill as a first time customer.

Description of Work
They replaced a return pressure hose on my power steering pump.

10/15/2013

ravi P.

They will never lie, cheat, or steal. If they recommend that something should be done to your car, take their advice and do it! These are not your typical auto mechanics. They will always give you the right price for the right amount of work. Nothing more and nothing less. I will always use them for my car service. I've only been there once but now I'm a lifelong customer.

Description of Work
Replace fluids and an alternator

09/30/2013

Mary S.

They provide the most professional service at a fair price.

Description of Work
Fixed and electrical short on my vehicle.

09/26/2013

Susan R.

From my first contact until I picked up my car, I was impressed with everyone at Elder Auto

Description of Work
Fixed Air Conditioning System

Advanced Transmission Center

Locally-owned and operated since 1986, Advanced Transmission Center has prioritized customer satisfaction for over three DECADES. We will treat you and your vehicle with Respect, Honesty and Excellence every time. We serve the Denver metro area from multiple locations (Lakewood and Westminster). Many of our customers come from Arvada, Denver, Lakewood, Westminster, Golden, Wheat Ridge, Broomfield and Thornton. We look forward to serving you! We rebuild in-house transmissions, transfer cases and differentials. We repair clutches, drive shafts and axles. We also improve transmission life by completing a power flush on functional transmissions. We are also the FIRST EVER transmission shop in Colorado designed as AAA Approved! Call now for a FREE estimate plus FREE towing with repairs!

FairPoint Pipe and Mechanical

We offer quality and affordable HVAC services.

Emporia Home Services

Heating, Cooling & Electrical Services Emporia is committed to keeping you comfortable in your own home with expert service, quality parts and equipment, as well as unique technology designed and assembled with care by our own engineers right here in Colorado. Emporia proudly serves Littleton, Lakewood, and the Denver Metro area with quality Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) solutions. Our goal is to ensure that every customer receives best-of-class service and reliable products, all at the lowest possible price we can offer.

Offers by Emporia Home Services on Angi
    Auto Service
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Tires
    Auto Accessories
    Auto Radiators
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Auto repair - foreign & domestic, 30k, 60k, 90k manufacturer's recommended mileage service, engine performance, automatic & manual transmission, heating & cooling system, air conditioning service, brakes, timing belts, front end alignments, oil & filter change, tires & wheel balancing, clutch repair, fuel injection service, battery starting & charging service, cv axle shaft and service & emissions repair.

Auto body repairs.