Advanced Exteriors Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2009

***WE ARE A FULLY LICENSED BUSINESS*** $500.00 advertising credit for Angie's List members (for any cash project of roof/windows/siding replacement). Cannot be applied to insurance deductibles as stipulated by Senate Bill 12-038.Free inspections, estimates, & Top of the House evaluations. Insurance

roofing (100)gutter repair (36)window replacement (17)house painting (21)siding companies (13)garage doors (9)decks & porches (6)insulation (5)fence company (5)stucco (3)door installation (2)skylight installation (2)

04/28/2022

Amara B.

After that storm last year our home sustained significant hail damage that our insurance originally denied. I called Advanced Exteriors for a second opinion and Sean Tillotson came to our home to assess the damage. Not only was our roof damaged but we had gutter, paint, and windows damaged. Sean was able to resubmit everything back to insurance and everything got paid. They did an excellent job restoring our home. Thank you! I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Roof, house work

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 04/27/2022

06/26/2021

Steve N.

I had another company out last year and they couldn't figure it out. These guys came out in the spring, quickly identified the problem, and fixed it! Very professional. Heavy rains this spring/summer...no more leaking!!

Description of Work
Roof Water Leaking Into Garage

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

04/30/2020

Dan G.

Further water damage found and AE did a great job helping us resolve all problems. Great work and no hesitation getting the job done. Great company to work with.

Description of Work
Siding and window trim repair

Category decks, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]! We are very glad to hear that you are satisfied with your experience.

01/14/2020

William E.

Process was very easy, well explained and well managed right from the start. No problems or unexpected glitches. Work was performed how and when promised. Quality of materials and work very good. Very satisfied with the whole experience.

Description of Work
Replace roof and exterior house painting

Category roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

We are so glad to hear your positive feedback and that you were so happy with your experience!

04/12/2019

Kenneth P.

This was difficult from the start. I still have issues and more damage as the responsiveness of the company is in question. They use excuses to even come look at the issues and 2 more storms have undone all the work I have put in to fix the interior. My insurance was non-renewed and I cannot make another claim or risk a 30K a year bill to get insured. The roof that was repaired was not up to code, and although Advanced fixed it, they initially did the work not to code. They ignored the shearing being over an inch out of compliance and failed to notify me. They simply applied the new roof over the shearing. This was after completely stripping the roof and repairing/replacing some of the shearing in other areas. The roof leaks during just about every storm and snow fills my attic, I have contacted them several times and was told I would have to wait until there was no more snow. The roads have been clear for weeks, I have heard nothing. I will be forced to take further legal action. This is still ongoing, I have saved all emails and texts, including telling me this would be fixed under warranty. I am perplexed and disappointed. If I am forced to go to court over all this, I will be going after their license to work here in Colorado.

Description of Work
New roof and Water damage

Category drywall, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

Company has been attempting to reach Customer to schedule an inspection/repair for over a week without success. Customer did not return any calls or emails from Company to resolve this issue prior to posting this review. Company Repair Technician was able to reach Customer today and scheduled an appointment to perform roof inspection/repair for later this week, at which point we expect to be able to resolve Customer's concern.

03/25/2019

Craig W.

We are very satisfied with our experience with using AE as our general contractor for the repairs to our house following the catastrophic hail storm that hit Fountain, Colorado on 13 June 2018, and would recommend them to anyone. They were doing the same work for a neighbor whose judgement I trust because, like me, he is very picky and exacting. Tony Turner offered to give us a free estimate, and we ended up signing a contract with AE. They are experienced in dealing with the insurance companies and inspectors. Tony was present when the USAA claims inspector came, and helped me make sure everything was completely documented. The initial settlement estimate from USAA was enough to cover all repairs, and we didn't have to argue for additional money. We got a new roof which is not only far better than our old one, but better than the new roofs many of our neighbors have. The materials have a true 50-year transferable warranty. We got all new windows which were far better than the original ones, new gutters, exterior paint, new garage door, and refinished our fence and deck. Everything was done well, in a timely manner, and within the budget of our claim settlement funds. Every item was replaced or repaired better than it was before, which has increased the resale value of our house. One huge advantage of using AE as a general contractor for the work covered by our insurance claim is that we did not have to pay any costs up front for materials, etc., which we couldn't have done. It took 6 months for our mortgage company to release our claim settlement funds, but AE was able to wait to be paid in full in one lump sum. The fact that they are an established and reputable company whose main office is in Denver means that, unlike many of the fly-by-night roofers and contractors who flocked to the area after the storm, they will be here to stand behind their work, including that of their subcontractors.

Description of Work
Roofing, gutters, windows, painting, fence and decks repairs

Category decks, fencing, garage doors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 03/22/2019

11/05/2018

Lee R.

Advanced turned a miserable experience into a win for us. We needed a new roof & siding after the May 2017 hail storm. We met with a few contractors and carefully selected a local one with a solid reputation. We found out 4 months later they subcontracted out our roofing job to an out-of-state storm chaser. The subcontractor was terrible. They cashed our $7K deposit check in early June & 4 months in, they still hadn't even given an estimate to our insurance. We knew everyone was busy, so we weren't expecting work to start right away, but we needed them to at least get the estimate to our insurance. When they finally did, the measurements were wrong and they missed a lot of things. They would not return calls or emails. We told them we wanted our deposit back and tear up the contract we signed, which got their attention, but they refused. We got a recommendation for Advanced from another contractor, so we called. They sent out 2 fantastic reps right away (Andrew & Andrew) to meet with us. We told them our story and that we might not be able to hire Advanced because we were stuck in this contract with the subcontractor. Andrew & Andrew were incredibly helpful when we showed them the estimate. They found several mistakes, including some violations of CO codes - since they were from another state, they didn't know CO codes. Andrew & Andrew showed us the exact CO statues they had violated. They told us that the contract was invalid as a result, so we should legally be able to get out of it. Armed with this info, we contacted the subcontractor again with precise language regarding the violations and demanded that we receive our deposit back & terminate the contract. They finally agreed. Without Andrew & Andrew's help, we would have had to hire an attorney to get out of the contract. They helped us even knowing we might not hire them. From the moment we signed with Advanced, our experience was a complete opposite - our interactions with everyone at Advanced were fantastic - everyone was responsive and communication was excellent. They submitted a much more accurate estimate for $10K higher than the sub to do the siding & roof, which our insurance accepted without question. The work was done quickly and professionally and the techs were all polite and cleaned up after the jobs. After wasting an incredible amount of time and energy dealing with the sub, Advanced turned our miserable experience into a solid win. We would 100% recommend them for roofing & siding.

Description of Work
New roof & siding after hail storm

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe your experience! We are grateful to hear that we were able to address your concerns and provide you with such a positive outcome!

10/10/2018

Misty A.

Sam got on the roof with me, looked at the areas I was concerned about, inspected and determined the roof was not compromised. I was very appreciative of his honesty.

Description of Work
Check to see if roof needed repair

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback despite the fact that we did not need to provide any services to you following the hailstorm. We are always happy to provide free inspections and evaluations.

08/18/2018

Brenda R.

I highly recommend Advanced Exteriors for any and all home damage you might have! With all the recent hail storms (2018), we were bombarded with calls, door knockers, and solicitations. I knew to avoid most of those, so I asked my insurance agent to recommend someone. They gave me a few, and I started calling. Andrew from A.E. answered my call and was the only one who would come that day to do an initial assessment. They fixed a few things and discussed the damage with me. They have been by my side though the entire process, just a quick text message or phone call away. They came the day the insurance adjuster came to do an estimate and sat with me at the table to discuss damages. Seeing as how AE had MY best interests in mind, they worked with the adjuster to make sure I was getting everything repaired. They expertly handled all the “behind the scenes” that I didn’t know about (like when I got a letter from the city saying a permit had been issued). Getting repairs done to your roof, home, and property takes time. I was impatient until all the extra stuff was explained to me. They have worked with adjusters to get my deck done the way it’s meant to be, not what insurance thinks it should be (which was way less than what’s actually needed). Andrew worked with the glass company to do replacements on a Saturday so that I didn’t need to take more time off work to be home during the week. I honestly think you will be very pleased with their work. I would recommend them without hesitation. I appreciate all the time they took to explain the process to me and ease my burdens.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, House repainted, Fence redone, Deck redone (Hail damaged)

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

05/15/2018

Kathryn P.

It was very good. They cleaned up after themselves. They did it in one and a half day. The guy I have worked with is John Mahoney and he is very helpful as he could be. I have already recommended him to someone.

Description of Work
They did my roof and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

05/02/2018

Ellen B.

They were 10/10, they provided excellent service. I will be using them in the future.

Description of Work
Roof and gutter work.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

12/05/2017

Don G.

This is the 2nd time in a year I've replaced my shingle roof due to hail damage. Advanced did a great job on both occasions and were in and done in one day(tearoff and reroof). Bill Davis, the company rep, actually called me the day after the May 2017 storm to see if I needed emergency repairs. He worked closely with the insurance adjuster on both occasions and was present when the inspection was done to make sure all damage was noted. On the prior replacement there were some communication problems with the scheduler but these were addressed and corrected. No problems with schedules this time. Great company to work with.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

Review for Advanced Exteriors Inc - 2200 S Valley Hwy, Denver, CO - 36644168

07/14/2017

L W.

The job was completed well before deadline.

Description of Work
whole house exterior paint and replace gutters.

Category gutter repair, house painters

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

07/10/2017

Patricia P.

I had extensive hail damage to my home in 2016 and called Advanced Exteriors for assistance. Pasha came to the house and did an excellent job identifying the issues caused by the hail damage as well as working with he insurance company to get the repairs covered. The repairs were done in a timely and professional manner. Everyone I worked with from the company did a fantastic job. After the work was completed there was an issue with my being able to pay the bill in a timely manner, which was due to a legal issue. Dana in the office was wonderful in assisting me with this issue and took that extra time to meet my needs. I cannot say enough about this company. I would use them again and would always give there name as a referral to family and friends. Excellent company!!!!

Description of Work
Hail Damage Claim with insurance: Roof repairs, Exterior Home Painting, Gutter Replacement, Air Conditioning Repairs, Garage Door Replacement.

Category decks, garage doors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

05/26/2017

Mare D.

Really well. Advanced Exteriors is awesome!

Description of Work
Replacement of my law firm roof because of the May 8, 2017 hail storm in Golden, Colorado.

Work Completed On 05/26/2017

03/24/2017

nick M.

Summary: Would not recommend this company and I will not use them again. Over the course of the roof replacement their employees lied several times, hit us with cost uppers, completely ignored all of my phone calls, and consistently told me how happy I should be because they were "pulling strings" to speed up my roof replacement when the project took over 5 months and the start date was almost 2 months late for the roof portion alone. Additional Details: My sales representatives were extremely unprofessional and avoided communication and returning my calls throughout the whole process, you will get to know their receptionist very well because she is the only one that will ever be talking to you. At one point we actually thought they forgot about us because there was no contact at all for 4 months and the work was still not complete. They pulled a slight bait and switch on us by sending one sales representative out to quote our house. He showed up to my house and "underquoted" the house. We were given two options on shingles and told they would be the same cost by the sales rep multiple times. They then assigned another sales rep to our house and came out and immediately starts to add uppers to the original quote (Missed the lightning rod system, had the wrong shingle, missed the skylight). I was hit with a $750 cost upper. We were then told that the company was 2-3 weeks out from the date we signed to the date that they would start the work. After 3 weeks had gone by I called the company and was told that the earliest they could start would be in over a month and that they had not even ordered materials yet. I was then told that they could pull my date forward but that they were doing me a favor and pulling strings just to get my start date pulled in. So the date they have given me prior to signing the contract was completely false and they were fully aware of the fact it was false but still told me 2-3 weeks knowing that it would be much longer. They finally started the project a 2 months after their worst case schedule estimate. Like all construction projects there were a few items that were not fully complete by the original crew. They overlooked the lightning system, failed to clean up one whole side of the house (my neighbor ended up with 2 flat tires), and did not clean up some of the sealant they used on the joints so there was an excessive amount of adhesive used that was visually off from the ground. The first person they sent out to fix these issues fixed everything but the lightning system which he did not install. We had to get a second person out to finish the project. They also sent a bill to our house without actually completing the work they overlooked the first and second time they came out to my house.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement and replacement of a single window.

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/24/2017

Review for Advanced Exteriors Inc - 2200 S Valley Hwy, Denver, CO - 34695745

We have been attempting to contact this member since yesterday when this review was received through another source. It is important that we have the opportunity to speak with him to address his concerns.

03/10/2017

Becky K.

The initial company rep Mike Klemp is very professional and personable. The different crews that came through the house were very professional ( no swearing or yelling). The work that was done was very clean and thorough. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
We had a severe hail storm that caused a lot of damage to our home. Advanced exteriors replaced our roof, painted the whole house, replaced several windows, and screens.

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 03/10/2017

Review for Advanced Exteriors Inc - 2200 S Valley Hwy, Denver, CO - 34590129

02/23/2017

Don G.

Contract was signed September 3rd, work didn't commence until December 22. Some of the time was spent negotiating with the Insurance company over code requirements, but phonecalls to the scheduler were not returned. Customer service does not seem to be a priority with AE. When presented, the final invoice tried to collect over $900 in charges that were either not performed or were performed by other vendors. If you hire them, keep very detailed records of who does what and take pictures during the job to protect your interests. The installation crew was top notch. They were mostly done in 2 days (which included tearoff and installation of new under decking required by code. Problems were only encountered when dealing with the scheduler.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

Category gutter repair, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 12/21/2016

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the responsiveness of the scheduler you worked with during your project. Please feel free to contact our office directly anytime. We would like to make sure you are satisfied. If there is anything else that we can do to address your concerns please let us know.

02/08/2017

Maria F.

Every step of the process of fixing our roof damage went smoothly with this company. We had one hiccup and within two hours of calling Eli he had somebody on site to fix it. We were very pleased with this company.

Description of Work
Our home was hit with a horrible hail storm that happened in July of 2016. We sustained a great deal of damage from the hail. We interviewed with several roofing companies and were most impressed with Eli Guthrie from Advanced Exteriors out of Denver. He was our main contact throughout the process of repairing our home. He was always accessible, great with communication, and was truly concerned about the quality of the job. Bottom line was we trusted him. He was professional and honest throughout the process. He had great suggestions on the roof, gutters, and a metal fascia wrap that helped preserve the integrity on the siding of our house. He hired competent, skilled and professional contractors to get the work done. We had a negative experience a few years back when another hail storm damaged the roof. Eli's group was an exception. We would use them again!

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 08/25/2016

01/24/2017

Randy F.

The whole project went as scheduled and the follow up touchups were done as promised. The Construction Supervisor, Eli Guthrie made sure I was happy with the end results. He was always available on his cell phone to make sure things were completed to my satisfaction. The subcontractors came to the house when promised and did a great job.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters and downspouts, replaced damaged roof tiles, repainted the home and repaired and repainted fence.

Work Completed On 01/04/2017

01/03/2017

Barbara C.

It wasn't a good experience. One of the roofers foot went through the roof and made a hole in my ceiling. I had to keep pushing to get it fixed. When it was fixed, paint got on a couch under the hole since it didn't get covered when the ceiling got fixed. It took a couple of times till that was rectified. I got some money off the bill. It also took longer than expected to get new gutters. All in all I wouldn't recommend this company.

Description of Work
I needed a new roof and gutters

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

Thank you for providing this feedback. We are sorry that you were inconvenienced by the accident that took place and the time it took to perform the resulting interior repairs. Our records show that there are no pending items to be addressed, but we want to do everything we can to assist you. Please contact our office to discuss what else can be done to make you fully satisfied.

01/02/2017

Curtis R.

The work was completed as needed. Although the crew that showed up did not complete the job and backed into the garage door, damaging a panel. However Advanced Exteriors did replace the door with a door that is better than what I had. The balance of the work was completed by AE's QC folks. They also replaced the gutters that were damaged by the roofing crew. The only thing left is a trim piece on the facia that was damaged by the roof crew during the removal of the old shingles.

Description of Work
New Roof to repair hail damage

Work Completed On 01/02/2017