Ace Custom Painting & Construction

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2010

1889 E 117th Ct

Denver, CO 80233

Ace Custom Painting & Construction LLC is a small buisness which established in 2005.Our main expertise is in remodeling and restoration.We use anywhere from 3 to 6 employees depending on the nature and depth of the project.We do use extra subs on occasion.I am not a general contractor therefore Im not required to have a liscense.There are some initial trip charges depending on distance travel but in most cases are voided.Pricing details are as follows:The project is gone through thoroughly with the customer and listed on a propsal.Both parties agree on a price,sign the contract,and set a project date.Funds will have to be paid up front in order to purchase materials for the project which will be stated on the contract.Angies list members will recieve a undisclosed discount at the time of signing.Our company is very thorough, determined to get good grades,and to keep our customers happy. ...

01/25/2014

Judith H.

Description of Work
I contacted the owner as soon as I purchased the Big Deal $100.00. He told me he was too busy and asked that I call him in a month's time. I did, and he complained again how busy he was but he scheduled, only to cancel, reschedule, and cancel again, and he asked me to reschedule once again. I tried but he didn't return my calls. I called again in December, 2013 when I was hoping to get the Deal done, even though it had expired. He moaned and moaned and moaned about how unfair Angie's List was to him, that he got too much work, that he's losing money because of Angie's Liest, and he stated he was so busy he might not be able to help me, or he might send a painter he knows to paint my room. He asked me to call again in January. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable having an unknown 3rd party coming to my house, and I asked him to reimburse me since he told me he was paid by Angie's List for my job. I will call him once more but would really like my money back. He has not been responsible in any way.

11/27/2013

Brian B.

I purchased a big deal coupon for this company. That turned out well. They did a very good job on what we had painted.

Description of Work
Ace Custom Painting & Construction painted one room for us.

10/15/2013

Margaret D.

It turned out fine.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $99 for 1 Room of Interior Painting.

07/08/2013

kimberly S.

They were very professional & nice to deal with...on time & did a great job. Very happy with them.

Description of Work
Painted ceilings & some walls

03/15/2013

CLARE H.

They were very pleasant, showed up on time and were courteous in regards to scheduling. They were excellent and cleaned up well after themselves. I have also received compliments from others on the work. They took their time and did a great job. They listened to what I wanted and made good recommendations.

Description of Work
I purchased the Big Deal for 1 Room of Interior Painting.

02/04/2013

Sue K.

Little shakey initially on punctuality but no problems after discussion. Work was done very well. Would use again.

Description of Work
Painted livingroom with three different colors. Also subed out some tile work around fireplace.

10/02/2012

Pat C.

They were friendly and did the work professionally .

Description of Work
Ace painting painted our kitchen ,family and entry way . They did a great job .Quick and very professional . I would recommend them.

05/16/2012

Vera D.

I have been using them for three years. They really do a great job. Their price is very reasonable. They are also good with their schedules. They are very busy but they always make time for us.

Description of Work
They fixed a drywall issue.

05/08/2012

Paul D.

Started out good. They claimed they would do everything in a very professional and quality manner. Original $200 job turned into a $1200 job and was quite sloppy. Paint splatters on carpet, light fixtures, wall plates, woodwork, basically everywhere. Lots of blotchy and streaky spots on walls.Paint drips and sags from too much paint. Missed many spots including the whole side of one door. They had me buy the paint which is fine but the amount they told me to buy was way too much, 12 gallons when less thant 8 were needed/used. I also provided rollers, pans, ladders, tape and other tools. Not what i would expect from professional painters. They didn't take off window/door/wall plate hardware like they had promised and instead tried to paint around or in some cases over it. I had to run ahead and remove the hardware and then they refused to put it back on. Basically i had to do the vast majority of the prep and 'after' work. Again not what i would expect from a professional painter. Was told about an hour before they were 'done' to create my punch list. Then they wanted to be paid immediately before i had a chance to see the work (6 rooms) in good light. They were clearly in a VERY big hurry to finish and leave.

Description of Work
Interior bed, bath and hall work primarily painting .

Category remodeling, interior painters

01/19/2012

Nancy E M.

I bought one of Angie's List "Deals" for painting of one room. The company was new to that process and seems to have gotten more "takers" than they could easily handle. I wasn't in a hurry so was willing to wait to schedule the job. Since the area I wanted painted also included a hall and two stairwells, I asked them to come and look at my space, tell my how much my "one room" covered and give me an estimate of the price for the additional. They did that promptly; they also pointed out something I hadn't noticed (i.e. an area where drywall tape was separating from the wall in a high-up corner). They included that in the estimate and I was satisfied with it. For my part, I was new to the procedures for preparing for a paint job so hadn't realized that I had to buy the paint. I bought one of the brands they recommended. The only real difficulty was meshing my schedule with theirs and this took some doing. It seems they also have larger remodeling jobs and these small paint jobs have to kind of fit in around those jobs. Eventually, we found a suitable time and the job was accomplished. They were prompt, thorough and didn't dawdle. They cleaned up any mess they'd created Overall, I was pleased with the job and how they accomplished it. However, in future, I will be more cautious about buying such "Deals" as I think there can be problems if the vendor winds up getting swamped with work that they can't, necessarily, fulfill in a timely manner. Fortunately, I wasn't in a hurry.

Description of Work
They painted a living/dining room plus a hallway and two stairwells. Overall, I was pleased with the job and how they accomplished it.

01/12/2012

Donna L R.

They did a good job painting, but they scared me because they had open paint trays sitting on the ground in my living room, with nothing under it. I feel that they could have been a little more careful and conscientious. They also showed up a couple hours late on the appointment day.

Description of Work
They painted our bathroom.

10/27/2011

shevaun G.

He was communicative, prompt, tidy and a good painter. He painted our living room in about 5 hours and was gracious and thorough. We had him quote us on another paint job in another room we liked him so much.

Description of Work
We worked with Ace after purchasing an Angie's List "Deal" with them. It was for one room (up to 300sq ft) of interior painting. We purchased the paint separately and had it ready for him when he arrived.

05/28/2011

CATHERINE S.

I previously submitted a report with negative information regarding this contractor. The work was fine but other elements of the service such as the length of time to complete the job and excess paint purchase (based on the contractor's recommendation of the quantity of paint required) were not. The contractor has purchased some of the excess paint from me and also repaired some damage left when re-installing an air return grill. They were responsive to these concerns. When using this contractor, ensure that you and they understand your time constraints and, if you cannot spend days on-site while they work, make sure you schedule your work when they have crew available to provide a full crew for you to minimize the time on your site. The work itself was good, with a few exceptions that I suspect are blips on any job.

Description of Work
Painting a large room with a cathedral ceiling, loft area, and halls

05/03/2011

Jennifer M.

My experience with Ace Custom Painting & Construction LLC was exceptionally good and I would recommend them highly. They helped us paint our bedroom and because we were so impressed with their work we asked them to do a bathroom, our front entry and our garage doors as well. They took their time and gave great attention to detail such as painting the crown molding, (at no additional cost – since we hadn’t discussed it in the bid) in the small bathroom. Scheduling was a breeze and they arrived promptly too. They really respected that we had a budget and gave us a tremendous value for the cost. Additionally, I felt very comfortable having them in my home, even though I was alone and my small daughter. In fact, because I was on the phone with the doctor when they arrived, they went ahead and vacuumed the bedroom for me so they could get started. They are clearly family-friendly and courteous. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
They painted two interior rooms, our front entry and the garage doors.

04/25/2011

Patricia B.

In terms of their tidiness I was amazed. They painted without any problems. I was terrified that they were going to get it messed over everything but there was not single paint water anywhere. The paint job came out beautiful. In that respect I was very pleased but in other respects I was kind of found their behavior unprofessional. They arrived but they were an hour late. Without even asking my permission they were washing out their brushes and their rollers from their previous job on my lawn, straight into my grass. They came in; they did work and turned on a loud radio which is also something you should clear with the person who lives there. They kept repeatedly used my bathroom and kitchen sinks to wash out their equipments. I expressed my unhappiness with them. Using the sinks without asking was kind of irritating. Also the extra money that we negotiated, he said they'll not include the paint for the ceilings, the prim or anything else so we negotiated for those things and then he asked me to pay cash with no receipt. I know why he did that and that was also not very professional. I wouldn't use them again just because of the unprofessionalism even though the actual work was technically excellent. Their price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Ace Custom Painting and Construction came out and painted a bedroom on March 30th.

04/11/2011

Lynn D.

They did great. It was a special deal for $99 for one room but we had them do the additional work. The price included the paint. He contacted us when he said he would and they got the job done in one day. He was overwhelmed because of the special deal but we were like the first one. He was efficient and we would definitely use him again. He did come late and it was on a Saturday morning.

Description of Work
We used Ace Custom Painting & Construction to paint a room for us. We also had him do some drywall repair before he painted the room.

03/27/2011

Jason S.

Painters committed to a specified price, and then after realizing they overcommited themselves for that price rushed through the job. I had patched areas that were not painted over with a second coat and showed through the paint after drying, as well as areas that where just missed all together. Good guys, but not the job I needed.

Description of Work
Painting of the Master Bath

05/02/2010

Randy D.

David did an OUTSTANDING job of repairing the drywall on the ceiling and on the wall. You cannot even tell where any of the damage occurred! He did a beautiful job of painting over where he repaired the drywall. I felt 100% comfortable having David complete all the repairs when I was at work. He was extremely pleasant to work with, courteous and punctual. I would highly recommend him for any repair jobs!

Description of Work
David Perez filled numerous holes in a ceiling, which were caused by water damage. David also filled numerous holes in a wall, also caused by water damage. The water also damaged the tape on the wall.

03/26/2010

Carmen Diana W.

What a happy ending to a dismal flood story! David Perez and Robert Lucero were here for an afternoon, searched through a gaggle of old house paints, and worked with such professionalism and care for my floors and furniture that I will use ACE PAINTING AND CONSTRUCTION for any future painting or construction jobs. If you included that category, I would give this outfit an A+.

Description of Work
Our old washing machine ejected its hose and flooded the third floor laundry room. The water poured down through our fire alarms, drenching a first floor bedroom ceiling and, in turn, part of a finished basement ceiling. David Perez and his assistant Robert Lucero drywalled and painted both ceilings to absolute perfection.

Category contractors, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, lighting, remodeling, water heater repair, pressure washing, interior painters, basement remodeling

Elite Rooter

Water Heater Experts Plumbing

When it comes to your water heater or your plumbing, top quality is essential. At Water Heater Experts Plumbing LLC, we always put quality and customer satisfaction first. That’s why we say specialize in water heater installation and repair because we want to be the experts when it comes to installing top quality water heaters in your home. But we couldn’t do this without our valued customers. We're proud to stand by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Every one of our team members carries our values for top quality work and excellent customer service. We ensure that all of our employees are background checked and insured so you can have the confidence in us to do the job properly and feel comfortable letting us into your home. Honesty is always the best policy, which is why we only provide free estimates in person. We want to be sure to never overcharge you which is why we make the effort come out and thoroughly assess the situation beforehand. You’ll always be kept in the loop so there will never be any surprises!

Revive Restoration

Revie Restoration is a Colorado Proud company that provides 24/7 water damage cleanup, mitigation and rebuild of your property to its original contition. We pride ourselves on attention to detail and expertise. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship from start to completion of every project. Our reputation is based on excellent service, safety, and quality, regardless of how large or small job. Call us today. We look forward to working with you!

Residention & commercial restoration services provided including most aspects of remodeling :Demolition, framing,drywall finish & texture,painting interior & exterior,finish carpentry,installing cabinets & crown molding,installation of most styles of tiles designs and back splashes,installation of tubs,sinks,vanities,medicine cabinets toilet bowls & bathroom hardware,gutter repair & installation,picket fencing,exterior trim,instaltion of kitchen appliances,concrete driveways & sidewalks

no major plumbing or electrical but i do have great contacts