A Touch of Class Painting LLC

3098 S Glencoe St

Denver, CO 80222

08/02/2016

John S.

Overall they promised too much and under delivered. I already had paint. They told me that I had more than enough. I had to provide additional paint. They told me that the job would take one day, maybe half a day, and that it was easy. It took a two man crew two and a half days. I was not satisfied with the quality of work. They were about $700 cheaper than another painter had quoted me. In the end I would have been happier paying more for better quality. Part of the problem was that I had asked if they could perform some simple carpentry work. I was told that they had "a master carpenter" on staff. It was obvious that they were just winging it and that there was no experienced carpenter once they started work. They did not adequately cover surfaces. I spent hours on my hands and knees removing specks of ceiling paint from my hardwood floor. Specks of paint were on surfaces around the house that told me that they did not cover everything. I stressed how important it was not to get paint on the exposed brick walls. I spent hours trying to remove drips of paint with solvent or a razor blade. Some is still there or is smeared. They missed details such as leaving a patch behind my toilet tank unpainted. I obtained a roller thin enough to fit and painted it myself. I spent hours painting one bathroom wall again that needed a second coat. They missed spots of trim, one quite visible in the bathroom.. Along my living room ceiling they missed whole cut-ins along two walls from the edge of the ceiling to the brick. The original color was a light beige. The new color is white. I initially thought that the color difference was due to shadows. That was a major oversight on their part. I spent an afternoon on a ladder taping off and painting those myself. When the work was complete they waited for me to inspect it and expected payment right then. I needed three days in various lighting conditions to spot all of the above mentioned flaws. I thought it unprofessional to have put me under such pressure to find flaws on a walkthrough while they waited for payment. I have to say here that I did not give them a chance after to correct the above mentioned flaws. I did not trust that they would not get further drips of paint on my exposed brick walls, so I did not call them back. They are a small company that would offer a good price on simple jobs that do not have exposed brick or require a lot of masking. They were nice enough and worked hard. I wish them well.

Description of Work
Painted interior ceilings, walls, and trim. Performed basic carpentry work.

Category interior painters

10/20/2014

Margaret M.

Matt arrived on time and went right to work. The offer included only the four walls of the room, and Matt quoted the additional cost to paint the ceiling and trim. He removed the furniture and window treatments, patched holes from pictures. He did a great job and was very fast. The room looks great. He noticed that the bedroom door was sticking due to a stripped screw in the hinge and fixed it so that the door closes well (Thank you!) A small item, the painting covered only the four walls, and was a good price (The Angie's list deal was +/-$100, I think). The cost after the up charge for the ceiling and trim more was over $400, plus the cost of the paint. This was a significant departure from the stated cost/Angie's list deal, and one that should have been more clearly disclosed in the deal. I would expect that painting a 12x12 room would include trim. I was pleased with the job, but would have asked more questions before buying the deal if there had been any reference that the deal included walls only and no trim. I think it would be more honest to price the deal to include trim, and specify the additional cost if the ceiling is to be included. I am pleased with the results of this job and will call A Touch of Class Painting for estimates on future painting jobs.

Description of Work
Painted one bedroom, including ceiling, walls and trim. Repaired a door hinge so that the door closed properly.

Category interior painters

Wild Fox Painting

Wild Fox Painting provides professional craftsmanship and peace of mind interior painting services through: Reliability. Precision. Cleanliness. Confidence. Communication. Services - Interior House Painting - Move-In and Move-Out Painting Services - Walls - Ceilings - Trim & Baseboards - Closets - Kitchen Cabinet Painting

Kind Home Solutions

Kind Home Solutions is a locally owned and operated Colorado company that specializes in creating an outstanding client experience for all exterior painting, interior painting, holiday lighting, and roof replacement projects. Home improvement is necessary to keep your home looking beautiful, but the headache associated with home projects doesn’t have to be. If you'd prefer to work with a company that prioritizes you give us a call and see what we're all about!

Offers by Kind Home Solutions on Angi
    StarCity Painter

Specializing in Interior and exterior painting, deck and fence staining, pressure washing, popcorn ceiling removal, light drywall repair, and more! Star City Painter is a licensed & insured professional painting company proudly serving Lincoln since 2014. Residential and commercial. Our mission is to provide the highest quality painting services at an affordable price. We pride ourselves on tailoring our services to the specific needs of each project. Our customers' satisfaction is our highest priority. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover