1st Choice Remodeling

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2012

10700 Kimblewyck Cir Unit 154

Denver, CO 80233

Handyman and small remodeling services...

07/13/2020

Neal J.

Shawn was great. He was very responsive before and during the work. He went over everything in detail and all of the work came out great. We had our bedroom closet door widened to a French door and added lighting inside. New trim around the door and pant touched up where needed. Would definitely use again and recommend highly

Description of Work
We expanded our bedroom closet door to a French door and added lighting inside

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, doors

07/02/2017

Doris S.

He was excellent! He made several very helpful suggestions. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
Shawn did some planting and yard work for me.

Category handyman service, lawn service

06/28/2017

Doris S.

He was very professional and did excellent work. He made several very useful suggestions which saved time and money. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
Shawn did several projects for me, including resealing two toilets, installing a bunch of LED lights, and repairing our fence.

Category fencing, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

Howard D.

We thought Shawn was an exceptionally nice guy and were very happy with his work. He showed up when he said he would and finished the project in less time than we had expected. We would not hesitate to use his services again or recommend him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Installed new countertops and sinks in 3 bathrooms of our house.

Category countertops, plumbing

Janice P.

Shawn and his assistants did a great job remodeling our kitchen. He's a really hard worker, has wide-ranging knowledge and skills, is prompt, honest, reliable and has a great sense of humor. We're very happy we hired Shawn for our remodeling job and are delighted with our new kitchen.

Description of Work
tore out old kitchen cabinets & installed new cabinets; removed wallpaper, resurfaced walls and painted; installed range hood and outlet vent; installed garbage disposal; built tile backsplash; tore out an old closet area and built new space for a refrigerator and pantry--a particularly difficult part of the remodeling project.

Category home remodeling

KAREN M.

A GREAT COUPON, BUT THEY REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO SMALL STUFF.$260 for 8 hours of handyman work; what a deal! I had rotting trim under my upstairs windows where water was leaking into the garage below. I bought the trim from Lowe's and they picked it up on the way over. It turned out to be the wrong type, so they went back to Lowe's and picked up some other trim needed for other parts of the house. They were very pleasant and friendly, did a great job on trim and a couple of minor things I needed done around the house. I like them so much I wanted them to return.BUT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO RETURN, because I live too far from them. They told me I didn't have to order another Angie's coupon, they would honor the price, and so I didn't. We even worked out that I would pay for their extra travel time, but they gave me the impression that they would ONLY come back if I had a huge job for them, they mentioned a $20,000 remodel, for example. Heck! If I had bought that Angie's coupon, they would have had to come back and do some more little stuff that I needed done. Now I'm once again on the search for another handyman. Very dissappointing.

Description of Work
Replaced some house trim that had rotted.

Deborah J.

Shawn responded quickly to my initial email. He worked around my weird sleeping hours to meet with me to discuss the project. He had an estimate for me in a couple of days. Because a planned project was postponed Shawn was able to start was immediately. He and Juan started on Weds and were finished by Sat afternoon. Shawn even asked me if it OK to work on Sat. He was very professional, explained everything and kept me updated with emails i have already discussed another project with Shawn I am very pleased with his work and his manner. I would recommend Shawn to anyone.

Description of Work
Shawn made repairs to my carport. Replaced support beams and plywood used in the original build with better quality and more attractive materials. He also painted the exterior trim of my house. He took the color I selected and chose a complementary color to bring out some features of the house and keep it from looking bland, something I had not even thought of. I am so pleased with the improved appearance of my house He did far more than I expected.

Category house painters, interior painters

07/26/2016

Julia G.

Shawn installed my tub, surround, and new shower door. Everything functions, but the plumbing was loose and the spacer for under the tub was sticking out from underneath (it took me a while to realize what that was!). He was supposed to come back and patch the floor, but did not. He was quick and courteous, but I was a little disappointed in the work!

Description of Work
New tub, shower door, and tub surround install.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

07/02/2016

Jay S.

Shawn is an excellent worker with an exceptional work ethic. He tackled all of the jobs with enthusiasm and finished everything with perfection. Where he thought a change was needed he discussed his ideas and left the decisions up to us. His painting of our house was also done with perfection. Shawn is very amicable, a hard worker and does an excellent job. I will be using his services again as needed.

Description of Work
repaired rotted facia and soffit around the exterior. Installed two stair railings. Installed some downspouts and gutters. Painted exterior of the house

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, house painters, doors

09/12/2014

Thomas N.

When I talked to him on the phone, he requested to have all of the supplies available and on location upon his arrival so that he didn’t have to leave and get parts. He was able to complete all jobs through the deal. He did a good job with the work he completed.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for a handyman for a day. He installed house numbers on the exterior of our brick house, installed a mirror on a dresser, reinstalled a hanging rod in a closet into the brick wall, and a door closure on the back of a door.

06/25/2014

Therese M.

The work turned out fine, there were no problem.

Description of Work
We had purchased a big deal for $260 for a handyman for a day.

04/30/2014

Pamela J S.

It turned out pretty well and there were no additional charges on top of the big deal price. They did a good job. I was happy with the job that they did and I have not had any issues since the service was provided. Their price was probably reasonable. Their responsiveness was fine and I do not think that there were any problems with that. They were also punctual. I would certainly consider using them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the big deal that I purchased from 1st Choice Remodeling probably two months ago for doing a variety of small jobs for me including some small amount of painting, some caulking, grouting, changing smoke detectors and a few other things.

04/03/2014

Jen H.

Words cannot express how grateful I am for the work that Shawn and Chris accomplished. In a day, they completed projects that would have taken me weeks to finish. They were thorough from start to finish; from the initial demolition to installation to cleanup, and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is in need of home repairs. These guys were super knowledgeable and come in prepared to get the job done! What a load off of my shoulders. I can't wait to invite them back to work on other projects!

Description of Work
Shawn & Chris worked on various projects that I needed to accomplish at my house. They tore out a few closets and walls, they installed a new back door, a sliding glass door, and several new windows. The guys also installed hardi-backer on bathroom floor and walls.

Category closet systems, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

03/27/2014

Cynthia A.

I spend money that I wish I had back! He was worthless and I ended up doing the rest of the work myself. Not happy!

Description of Work
I gave him a list of small handyman duties and he barely fixed half of the list. His work was sloppy and he was rude and slow! I asked him to fix two tiles in my bathroom that were chipped. He took the chipped tiles out and then broke the extra tiles that I gave home to use to replace the tiles. In the end I was left with two missing tiles and I had to do the work my self.

Category handyman service

The client was not ready for us..and had way to many projects for us to complete..Chris power washed the entire exterior of the house while I was working on the inside...the client had built the house and was very controlling and concerned about us being very clean...we could not do our work...she seriously at one point thought we could remove a vinyl floor and damaged subfloor and do that type of work in 4 hours with the other gigantic list of things that were neglected because the house was a rental for 2 years...the client was cheap...kept asking us if we would be able to do everything onher gigantic list and nnever asked if we could stay longer than the time she purchased if needed...she should have done sll of it her self since she knows how to do the work...since she kept telling me how to do mine...she is just to lazy and cheap. ?..

03/14/2014

Cynthia P.

It was okay. He was a very nice man. He's handicapped by his worker. The door that he hung has to be redone by a professional door hanger, who's coming today. The door is not square. He tried very hard. He really helped us out. We just bought the house and there were a lot of things that we needed to change. He's very good. He installed a new kitchen faucet. My husband had to come and fix what he did. There was not a lot attention to detail. I was disappointed, but like I said, he was such a nice guy. I'm sure he does the best that he can. It just wasn't up to our standards. They still owe us time. My husband just said it's a wash and not to have them come back. The price was great but it wasn't a bargain when I have to pay another man to come and rehang a door. He was just so kind to me. He showed me how to measure things and do stuff. I appreciate that. I wanted to smack his worker because he was so slow. He came to do a job and didn't bring the tools from the truck. The worker was nice but slow. There was actually two doors that he didn't hang because he said he wasn't qualified to hang them. I appreciate that he said that. Just the mess of hanging the back door, I can't imagine what would've happened with the sliding glass doors and front door, if he had tried that. I appreciate that he knows his limitations. Just looking at the door, you can tell it's crooked. Coming up the stairs, you can actually see light coming underneath the door. Hanging a door is hard and there are a lot of points that have to be checked. He checked most of them, but not all of them. The price was a bargain but not that much. Even the light that he hung over the workbench in the garage, my husband had to rehang it. He was very knowledgeable, helpful, and patient in trying to explain things to me. The work just wasn't what we're used to.

Description of Work
I used two big deals purchased for 1st Choice Remodeling. He installed some doors. The purchase amount was $260 for each.

Category handyman service, doors

I apologize I dont like cutting brand new exterior doors down in size when people do not measure them correctly.. As for the time you were owed..the client had other things for us but the outdoor lights were to tall and hitting the soffit. NOT sure what is wrong with the kitchen faucet that I installed, but the client checked it out before I left. She showed us some painting in the basement. That we would do and she called on a Sunday night and said her boys were motivated and painting..a simple phone call we could have fixed things the client was not happy with..to little to late..

01/31/2014

JoAnne P.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. Other than pointing out things we needed to get done and they left because we had already prepaid, it worked out fine. Other than the fact that the fellows were quite cooperative, and did what we asked, for the most part the things that they could do because some things were a little beyond what they could do given the circumstances, it was not a big deal. There were no additional charges.

Description of Work
I used 1st Choice Remodeling for handyman services. Two came over for 4 hours and got everything done last fall, and it worked out well.

01/30/2014

KAREN M.

Purchased 11/7, he messaged that day. I replied 11/9 with details on job and asking about scheduling. No response. Messaged him on 11/21 asking for a response. He messaged on 11/23 - what do I want? I was p***** at his rudeness and ignored it for a long time. I messaged on 1/5 and restated that I need to know if he can do what I want and get it scheduled. He emailied on 1/5 and still didn't answer my questions about scheduling and said he would not email me again because Angie's list likes to be able to monitor communications. I decided to ask for a refund as this guy is not at all interested in providing the service, is rude and I don't want him in my house. This is the 4th deal I have bought and the other 3 went just fine. This guy needs to stop selling these "deals" if he doesn't want to provide the service.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from 1st Choice Remodeling - $260 for a Handyman for the Day

01/22/2014

Lauren G.

I paid for all the materials for the Big Deal, but other than that there were no additional costs. I liked them a lot. I hired them for additional work beyond the Big Deal. Sean, the owner, ended up doing a number of jobs for me.

Description of Work
I purchased a $260 Big Deal for a Handyman for the Day. They installed shelving, repaired a bathroom fan, installed three ceiling fans, installed my storm door, and other work.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans, doors

01/20/2014

Judith T.

One toilet is loose at the base. Both toilet handles installed backward. Just found out this morning that the screw holding one of the hook units is stripped in the wall so I guess they didn't use expanders to hold the screws. These guys were nice and the helper guy was pretty good but I don't know how they get an A rating. Guess people who aren't happy hate to say anything. I will be leery of using Angies's list providers in the future.

Description of Work
Installed two toilets, hung a couple of hooks, raised a cabinet, installed wall-hung hair dryer. Couldn't install a lamp and ceiling fan because they didn't have a tall ladder.

Category handyman service

Sad to hear you are Un -happy. You didn't seem Un - happy when we left.. I don't even own a ladder that I could hang a ceiling fan 14 feet..on a ceiling The toilet handles come installed from the Kohler factory that way..SO they're not installed upside down that's the way they make there handles... Hope another handyman carry a 14 foot A - frame ladder Thanks , for your input Shawn

01/13/2014

Jon R.

Shawn and his assistant were easy going and professional, arrived in a timely fashion, and performed the tasks I had requested as agreed. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
basic sheetrock / drywall repair, base trim repair / replacement & painting, baseboard painting, hanging shelves & mirror, furniture moving and assembly, demolition

01/05/2014

Gillian Y.

Forgot to remove some masking tape around kitty door and had to hurry off so did not have time to clean up packing from chandelier. On the other hand they did offer to come back to clean the packaging mess up later and the work was professionally done. So overall I'm quite pleased. :)

Description of Work
Installed two cat doors and assembled and hung a chandelier.

Category doors

12/26/2013

Charles S.

This company offers a deal to use their services. Problem is that you have to wait over a month to get the work scheduled. My thought is that if you need a handyman, you need a handyman in a reasonable time. This company should provide a disclaimer that indicates that their staff is able to only schedule and handle one job start to finish. The e-mail that I received stated that they were remodeling a bathroom. This was in November. They said that they were scheduling for January. Really? If you are that busy, hold off on the "Big Deals" please.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from 1st Choice Remodeling.

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

Your order date for our service was November 24th 2013..most clients call prior to ordering any of our service, becausr we are always busy..we are always 2-3 weeks out on our schedule ... we had a bathroom remodel and that took 2weeks out of our schedule..I don't understand why you are giving our company an F, because we were not available at your immediate need..

12/25/2013

Sandy K.

Sean arrived exactly when he said he would. He immediately asked what we wanted done during the time in our home and started in on our projects. He hung a new exhaust hood over our stove, and it works great. His co-worker completed his job and moved on to the next one, too. Both men were very professional, efficient, friendly, and hard-working. They not only completed all the tasks we had on our list, but also did several more that weren't on the original list during their four hours. We are very happy with their work and will definitely call this company whenever we need handyman work completed. We will also recommend them to our friends.

Description of Work
I used 1ST CHOICE REMODELING

Category remodeling

12/12/2013

Marta G.

I requested my first and second choices for dates. He replied, but I didn't see his message When I tried to reschedule, he told me he had tried to set up the date once already, but did not offer an alternative date. I sent him several messages to set up a date I told him if I didn't hear back, I would assume he didn't want my business. He responded that he has several big jobs and I should get a refund.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from 1st Choice Remodeling.

12/01/2013

Julie L.

The owner of the company was professional and did everything requested, even moving a light fixture that was already hung. I would recommend the owner but he brought and assistant. The assistant hung a curtain rod which had a square bracket on the end. Not double checking his work and examining his work the next day, we realized the bracket was not square/parallel. It didn't hang right or look right. We ended up rehanging the curtain rod.

Description of Work
Hang light fixtures and curtain rods.

Helix Painting

Helix Painting is a team of passionate, caring, service-oriented professionals. Family-owned and operated, we're committed to making your home painting experience easy and low-stress with our unique combination of personalized service, quality work, and an efficient process. We understand the frustration of working with home painting contractors who fail to deliver on promises. Team up with Helix Painting for brilliant results. Visit our website to book your free estimate today!

Offers by Helix Painting on Angi
    Kind Home Solutions

Kind Home Solutions is a locally owned and operated Colorado company that specializes in creating an outstanding client experience for all exterior painting, interior painting, holiday lighting, and roof replacement projects. Home improvement is necessary to keep your home looking beautiful, but the headache associated with home projects doesn’t have to be. If you'd prefer to work with a company that prioritizes you give us a call and see what we're all about!

Offers by Kind Home Solutions on Angi
    ABC Painting and Textures, LLC

When it comes to painting homes, texturing surfaces or applying to finish, excellence is paramount. Whether you are renovating or it's new construction, you need professionals to get that flawless and elegant look. That's why, with thirty years of experience in home improvements, we guarantee exceptional, unparalleled service that meets your demands. Get in touch today and schedule your next project with us!

A Charge of 3percent will be added to credit card

Drywall patching, install light fixtures, ceiling fans, install new sinks faucets,Install toilets: Install of window coverings: install towel bars: Install new vanity and sink: install doors and windows: install of cabinets: bathroom kitchen and basement remodel, interior exterior painting : repair and building of new decks.Install and repair of wood fencing.

*****Concrete, Roofing ,Crown Moulding, 3 way switchs or Dimmers, GFCI change out..****.