COMFORT AIR MECHANICAL INC

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2010

4.3

2421 E EMPIRE ST

Cortez, CO 81321

Comfort Air Mechanical is an air conditioning & heating contractor serving the South West Colorado area with the highest level of HVAC services. We have been serving the Cortez area since 1989. An efficient heating system is important for maximum comfort in any building, and we are willing to work with you for all of your heating & cooling needs. Additional email - ndm@comfortair.co. Additional contact name - Mcdonald Manager....

07/18/2022

Tk W.

Comfort air installed my cooler. Called them a few years after to start it up in the spring after my husband died. Older employee came out but couldn't figure out how to get it running. Stood on my roof swearing. Then left. Got it up and running myself. Few years later water just ran off my roof constantly. Went to their office twice. Was told I needed a new part and filters. Filters were over $200 . Bought the part but didn't help. Bought filters online for $66. Water never stopped. Call this year to have it repaired. Took days for them to call me to set up an appointment. Was told by rude man on the phone that I probably needed a $1000 part for the drain. He said I seemed not happy with Comfort Air. I agreed so he told me he would pass on helping me and hung up. This was a very expensive cooler and now I am stuck with a cooler that doesn't work. This is how Comfort air treats people

Description of Work
Cooler repair

04/07/2016

jane H.

Description of Work
they check my furnace. They replace a part. Did good job

11/25/2014

jane H.

Finally I went to Angie's List got the name of Comfort Air Mechanical, I called them, they came the next day after being in a cold house for almost two weeks. The gentleman from Comfort Air was very nice and informative. He discovered that the motor was put on backwards, the switch was placed on manual which made the furnace going constantly. I was very thankful that there definitely was someone in town who knew what they were doing. I definitely would recommend Comfort Air mechanical to anyone, very prompt reasonable professional . Thank you Comfort Air I have a nice warm house now.

Description of Work
I just bought a new home, people that sold the house to us had done the job of putting new motor on an old furnace, the first week we were in the house, there was no heat but the furnace kept going, we had a heating and plumbing come and check, the plumber put in a new switch on the furnace, the heat still did not come out, so the person that sold us the house came and check the furnace himself which he state nothing was wrong with the furnace still we did not have heat

01/16/2014

Ron M.

.The technician was on time and completed the work quickly and competently. We have used this provider for all of our normal heating and cooling maintenance and have never been disappointed.

Description of Work
Routine air conditioning maintenance.

01/08/2014

Delphina S.

11/28/2012

Carol S.

Their service is excellent. They are clean and clean up well. They are very honest and upfront people Their price is also very good.

Description of Work
They have done everything involving my heating needs.

10/29/2012

kate N.

We are very happy with the service we received. They were here when they said they would be and the work was done in an efficient and timely manner.

Description of Work
Comfort Air installed central air conditioning and a humidifier on our furnace.

12/14/2011

Jo S.

He suggested we contact the original installer to do any fixing. This was a geothermal ground source heat pump under warrantee, a brand that they do not carry. He could have taken one look and said, "Gee, I don't know about this", he could have called someone else who does know about it. We were specific about the pump when we made the appointment. Why they sent someone who had no clue is inexcusable. There is one technician there who does and had fixed others in our area. We paid the bill because this is a small town and we didn't want to ruin our reputation. We would never call them again.

Description of Work
The guy poked around for 2.5 hours and never figured out what was wrong.

06/09/2011

walter F.

It took a while to get an appointment, but once a technician showed up, the work done was vert professional and in a timely manner. The technician was friendly and obviously knew his job. I've dealt with this company before and I was always very happy with their work.

Description of Work
Checked A/C to make sure it'll work when needed. Everything seems to be working just fine.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Case by case, generally yes
    Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
    1 YEAR WARRANTY ON NEW INSTALLATION

Whether you need to install a new system, repair an existing unit, or have questions about heating & cooling in general, we are here to help you. From professional installations to expert repair services, you can trust our fully licensed and insured technicians to provide you with the services that you need.

Geothermal Installation