Balt's Construction And Concrete

Founded 1993 • With Angi since July 2009

4.1

6551 Monroe St

Commerce City, CO 80022

"*****NOTICE: Non-payment of Advertising-- Angie's List allows highly-rated providers to pursue advertising opportunities on our website, in our call center, and in our monthly magazine. All providers must offer a discount to Angie's List members as part of this privilege. These advertising

12/03/2013

Sherian T.

I called them and got no response, so I emailed them twice, I got no response, I called their office, and I got a recording that said that they were out of the office, and there was no way to leave a message. I called back a few days later, and it was the same recording, and I just thought they are unprofessional. I emailed them that I was trying to call them and I didn't get a response, but they didn't respond.

Description of Work
We talked to Balt's Construction And Concrete for a stamped concrete patio.

Category stamped concrete

09/15/2013

Efrain G.

Balt's concrete has not the foggiest idea of what customer service means. I had to call multiple times to set up the initial appointment to get an estimate on some driveway concrete work. Days would go by and not return my calls. Finally, after they offered me some lame excuses, they did agree to come out to my house and give me an estimate on the concrete work. I got an estimate for the concrete work, I signed the contract, and mailed it back to them. Their price was rather high but I needed to get the work done so I signed. However, a week went by and no response from them; then a second week went by. I called multiple times and no one would answer the phone. I then spoke with a lady who did not know anything about me, could not even confirm if my signed contract had been received. She assured me Balt or Mark will call me back to arrange for the work to be done. Days went by and no word from them. After more calls, I finally got a hold of Balt who set a date for the concrete work to be done. The day came and went and not Balt nor Mark nor anyone from the company showed up or call me. I called one last time and left a message, of course no one would answer the phone, to cancel my contract. Balt's concrete has absolutely no sense of customer service. They don't answer the phone, don't return calls; heck they don't even fulfill work on a signed contract! Imagine a business doing that and surviving. Balt's Concrete - never again, worse company I've ever had the misfortune to run into.

Description of Work
Balt's Concrete did nothing; they did not show up for the appointed work, did not call, nothing.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

08/19/2013

Darlene L.

07/21/2013

shermay B.

never saw them. They did not show up.

Description of Work
He scheduduled an appointment to give us an estimate. They never show up for appt. It is unprofessional.

07/02/2013

Joyce C.

great job but their timetable was a little frustrating. Only came for a few hours a day.

Description of Work
partial driveway replacement gutter work

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers

07/01/2013

Jim S.

Did a great job. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Poured an 6' x 8' concrete slab for a greenhouse.

06/21/2013

Bertram R.

Description of Work
He repaved my driveway, porch steps, pathway to porch and part of garage. He arrived on time, his crew obviously knew what they were doing and the work was done on time. Some minor problems and he arrived and fixed everything. I strongly recommend him.

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways

05/13/2013

Anabel S.

They never bothered to show up for an estimate.

Description of Work
They never bothered to show up for an estimate.

05/11/2013

Raymond H.

Difficult to get phone response. I left 3 messages before talking to an estimator. His estimate was far higher than 2 others. I selected a competitor on Angie's List who had the low bid.

Description of Work
Phone estimate for a sidewalk along house.

03/15/2013

Lynn L.

We turned Balt's Construction And Concrete down after they gave us two estimates, but I would consider them for work again, if needed.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate to fix up a damp crawlspace and correct some outside drainage problems.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

12/05/2012

Todd M.

Went real well -

Description of Work
Balts - removed an existing sidewalk and alley garage apron. They then replaced with wider more curvy sidewalk and slightly taller, srmoother garage apron. Fantastic hard workers, on time, and quality work. I would use them again.

10/12/2012

Mike B.

At first Balt came out promptly to provide an estimate on Sept. 5. I had to initiate the follow-up over the phone as well as via email but I eventually received a quote on Sept. 7. On Sept. 13 I agreed that I wanted them to do the work and remitted a signed copy of the estimate. I never got a confirmation or followup from Balt's Concrete and on Sept. 17 I attempted to contact them through email with no response. I followed up the next day with a phone call in which they said work would be performed on Sept. 25. They never showed up or called. I ended up calling them and they had the excuse that the weather was too bad, which in fact the weather forecasted for evening showers and it was in fact dry and warm all day until evening. Balt's construction never followed up with an alternate date, in which I had to call THEM. They rescheduled for Oct. 4. Again they used the excuse of bad weather for not showing even though during the day it was warm and sunny. They did leave a voice message this time rescheduling for Oct. 10... No show, no call on Oct. 10... I called them about 1PM and they attempted to use the excuse that it was supposed to snow, when the weather was in the 60s and partly sunny the entire day with no snow in the forecast. I specifically asked them to call me back with a definite date they would do the work, never heard back. I attempted to call them again today Oct. 11 asking for a response by end of day or I would assume they were not going to do the work. I never heard back. So, I will not accept any work from them. 10/25/2012 update: Balt's shows up the day after I posted this review (and also sent them an email) unannounced, no call, no email. They dig up the apron area of the drive. This is late Friday afternoon, with weather moving in for the weekend (since they've have used the weather as an excuse before they must have known weather was coming). So I have to deal with a messed up driveway all weekend, difficult to pull in or out. Monday morning rolls by and I hear nothing from them. Early afternoon I call and get Balt on the phone. He says equipment is broken but they are still trying to get over to put asphalt down. Two guys finally show around 3PM or so, and Balt show a little later. They proceed to put asphalt down but don't finish. One guy comes back the next day, does rush job to finish up by himself. Some asphalt is not even rolled. One side is thin and totally unfinished. I had to clean up after them because there was loose asphalt all over the place, several areas did not get rolled and compacted. I have pictures I can send to anyone interested. I've played phone tag with Balt asking him to tell me if they are done or if they intended to come and finish. He has not returned my last call, ball in his court. Again, I have photos. Anyone interested I can send a link.

Description of Work
The work that was requested to be done was to pave with asphalt the driveway apron area.

Category driveway pavers

10/01/2012

Steve L.

No work completed.

Description of Work
I called Balts construction and Balt came out on a Saturday for an estimate. He gave me an estimate and I asked him to give me the address of his last job to see his work. He said he would email me. That never happend. I contacted him again and sent multiple emails. He would not respond. I also talked to Terry at the office and she said she would send me an address. That never happened. I would recommend to all to stay away from this type of business. I'm just lucky I wasn't able to hire them. Steve

Category concrete driveways

09/21/2012

Duane H.

I wanted my driveway and walkway widened. Balts tore the old stuff out in one day then prepped and poure on the next day. They did a great job for a fair price and it has held up well.

Description of Work
Widen driveway and sidewalk.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

08/16/2012

PAUL S.

Balts divided the project into 2 parts with a main person acting as GM (Mark) both bidding the work and overseeing the entire job. The porch repair was handled quite ably by a carpenter - Scott assisted by a helper - Patrick The porch project was as close to a custom job as one could get considering the changes made to the original design that I needed. Scott was extremely cooperative, stopping at all critical junctures to make sure I was completely satisfied with that particular step. No surprises arose which I greatly appreciated. I must emphasize though that I had to specify exactly what I wanted along the way which could be confusing for someone not familiar with basic construction. The porch project did take longer than I expected but the results were well worth it. The concrete work followed the porch remodel and required much less input from me considering the fact that it was handled by a co-owner of the company - Balt who only needed to go over the particular decorative pattern and colors for the patterned concrete areas with me and wait for a time to pour when it wasn't too hot. The tear out and pour went without a hitch and extremely efficiently. The concrete workers were quite organized and worked fast in prepping the site and finishing the job. It was obvious that they had done this work many times. Upon completion I have received several compliments from neighbors and passers by regarding the quality of the work done.

Description of Work
I had a 23 yr old covered wooden front porch, a 2 car concrete drive, sagging concrete front walk and 70x3 ft winding gravel side access to the back yard that I needed to replace and improve. After searching several contractors both on and off Angie's List, Balt's was the only one that would perform both the deck work and the concrete replacement. Concrete contractors wouldn't touch the deck and deck companies likewise refused the patterned/standard concrete work I needed. The porch needed to be completely torn down to the floor supports, a sinkhole filled with backfill, rotted floor supports replaced, a new composite instead of wood floor installed, new hard cedar custom railing with exterior facing installed, and an approximately foot deep trench dug to install a wire rodent barrier below grade up under the deck flooring. The concrete drive was removed along with the existing front walk, caissons installed under both to prevent future settlement and patterned concrete poured at the front walk and side winding walk but standard brushed concrete for the 2 car drive.

Category decks, concrete driveways, stamped concrete

08/02/2012

saber A.

I did not use them due to their high prices. Also he said he was booked for the next three weeks and I needed the work sooner.

Description of Work
I called three concrete companies. Their price was 20% higher than the other two.

07/29/2012

Jenny M.

It went great. It's been five years since we installed, and I only remember the actual pouring and stamping, which was a very cool process to watch.

Description of Work
Balt and his team did a great job of pouring our stamped concrete patio in 2007. Our patio is fairly large, 30' x 17'. We have not had any probems with the concrete, and have only had to reseal it every couple of years. We have recently had other contractors in to bid on a patio cover, and each one has commented on how great our concrete still looks 5 years later, and what a great job Balt's team did. Balt is very busy during the summer, but don't give up! They came recommended from a co-worker, and we are very glad we used them.

07/24/2012

Donna E.

Went well until the coloring. A very well made patio with caisons, bent rebar, road base. We asked for help on our color choice from Mr. Balts and decided on a color. The picture was much lighter than the patio turned out. Overall construction was top quality. Just make sure you know the color choice and also some fine finish marks from thr trowel were visible in the finished work, but I didn't oversee the process at all, which I should have.

Description of Work
Had a 17 x 20 foot stamped concrete patio poured with 3 steps

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

07/12/2012

Noelle J.

Not good.

Description of Work
Called Balts to come check out tons of work we have to do. Set up an appointment for the next day @ 5:00 pm. No one came, not even a phone call to apologize. Sent an email today but never heard back. True believer that if they can't even show up to give an estimate its going to be a long road with that company to try to complete the job. On to the next one I guess. *Update, Balts emailed to apologize for the mis communication in appointment time and has since scheduled another appointment with us.

07/10/2012

Jean A.

No return call or show

Description of Work
called to ask for an estimate on driveway sealing/ repair asphalt

Category driveway pavers

04/25/2011

linda K.

the work got done, it appeared to be ok, but later i discovered that the caulk aqround the tub was breaking and producing cracks. i had it repaired once and it has happened again. after doing my own research i have called the company with the probable problem and i am waiting for a reply. my biggest concern is that the company either does not know the laws and the building codes, or they are blatently refusing to follow them. i asked for a building permit and balts construction contractor said i didn't need one because no construction was taking place, i informed him that i talked with both the county and city chief building inspectors and a permit was needed even if there is no moving of walls or other construction. he said he would liik into it. i had a migraine that day otherwise i would have stopped work until a permit was obtained. there was never a building permit pulled for the job. a building permit is protection for the home owner and i feel there maly have been some behind the sceens work that was noto done properly.

Description of Work
i had a bathtub removed and replaced with a deeper soaking tub. the plumbing needed to be moved slightly. the tub area was retiled grouted and caqulked.

Category home remodeling

11/19/2010

Alvin K.

Never returned my call. Looks like they do quality work though.

Description of Work
Needed their expertise and repair service on a leaky roof.

Category concrete repair, roofing

Member, This is in response to your report. We are very sorry for the communication error. I do not believe we have your correct phone number recorded when we took the message. We would very much like to serve you with your projects, and if still in need, please call Mark at 720-338-6847 Thank you Mark Hoffman

08/12/2010

Linda B.

We couldn't be happier with their services! Everyone we had contact with was very professional and courteous. I was able to communicate easily with the team to keep informed of my project. I was able to keep in touch with Mark, the subcontractor, without hustle. Everyone on site was very knowledgeable. I appreciated their follow up to ensure our satisfaction. They provided highly skilled, professional work at a reasonable rate. I felt they went above and beyond for me and my project. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Description of Work
They have completed many, many projects for us. They installed our roof, installed a stamped concrete patio, painting due to hail damage, re-did our driveway, and demoed and re-poured the concrete for our garage. We have upcoming projects they will be completing as well including windows and drywall work.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, drywall, landscaping, masonry, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters, driveway pavers, hardscaping, stamped concrete

08/12/2010

clarise F.

It was wonderful. They were very diligent. They didn't make a mess, and they cleaned up well after themselves. They did everything in a very timely fashion. They were very professional and friendly.

Description of Work
They refinished a basement and did a bathroom addition. They also poured a stamped concrete patio, and replaced some sidewalk.

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, landscaping, masonry, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, driveway pavers, hardscaping, basement remodeling, stamped concrete

Masterful Masonry

Masterful Masonry has the experience your project requires. We are committed to providing quality workmanship and superior customer service on all of our applications. At Masterful Masonry, we strive to maintain our reputation as a high quality, very service oriented company. Call us today!

Visions & Designs

We specialize in paver patios, tuck point brick and block walls, and minor landscaping! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Visions & Designs  on Angi
    Pair-A-Dice Interior Finishes/PAD Construction

Pair-A-Dice/PAD was est. in 1998, The owner Eric Potts has been in the building industry all his life. We are a full service insured contractor. We hold license's in cities all along the front range. Most of our work is done with in house employees. We offer free estimates.

Check, Visa, MasterCard
    $200

Kitchen & bath remodels, basement finishing, additions, window replacements, siding, patio's, patio covers, arbors, roofing, sunrooms, deck, interior & exterior painting, addition builds, concrete, porches, designed & stamped concrete, foundations, garage builds, decks, landscape, lighting, landscape construction, brick pavers, rock walls, snow-removal & plowing - flagstone, patios & walks, block, natural stone, tile, tile regrouts & brick masonry, tree & stump removal.

Lawn fertilizing or spraying, mowing & small tree pruning.