Purely Ponds Fine Landscapes

Founded 2005 • With Angi since January 2009

PO Box 88456

Colorado Springs, CO 80908

Welcome to Purely Ponds Fine Landscapes! Your Fine Landscape & Water Feature Specialist for 17 years. Relax alongside a water garden and experience a tranquility that transcends today’s stressful world. Recuperate from your hectic day with free moments, listening to the soothing sounds of water gardens and taking in the sight of a professional low maintenance landscape. Join the many satisfied homeowners who readily profess having Purely Ponds Fine Landscapes install their landscape was the best investment they’ve ever made. I’m Chris Oberg, owner of Purely Ponds Fine Landscapes. I offer unmatched customer service by being fully active throughout all phases of your design and installation experience and beyond. I hold an extreme commitment to excellence and attention to detail. My business thrives from customer referrals, which means anything less than total customer satisfactions is unacceptable. Give me a call to schedule your design consultation today. Purely Ponds Fine Landscapes designs and installs complete landscapes in addition to water features. We also offer xeriscaping, outdoor kitchens, patios and all fine landscape options. Call for your outdoor renovation and we can transform your entire yard into a beautiful outdoor living area....

01/30/2021

Peter M.

Chris and his crew have built a couple of pondless waterfalls for us over the past 5 years. Chris is very creative and excels at building aesthetically pleasing, low-maintenance features. We couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome and would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
pondless waterfall

Category excavators,landscaping

We are glad you like your custom water features and wish you many more years of enjoyment. Thank you for the recommendation.

09/21/2018

Teri U.

Chris and his crew came out this August and put in a 20' pondless waterfall as well as landscaped the steep hill on the side of my house where the waterfall was placed. He could not have done a better job. It came out better than I'd hoped and I had hoped for a LOT!! There's a wonderful group of people that work with Chris who are dedicated and hard working. They made a five foot terrace on the steep hill and put in rocks that matched my other landscaping. The rocks seemed impossibly big for them to have gotten into the windy path to the area. Some are three feet in diameter! Chris knew where the waterfall would best be placed and has a good eye for making sure it even looks good from inside the house. I had other people come estimate and Chris was the only one that immediately had good ideas of how it could go, he gave a prompt estimate (others took weeks!) His bid was much lower than the others. One company bid the same amount of money for just the pondless waterfall and not the extensive landscaping of the hill that was so critical. And with Chris I was able to do everything through him. The landscaping, the auto water filling and the electric hook up. It seemed impossible to get all that done with the distance those items had to go, and it was done quickly and without stress. They even improved my electric service outside to a grounded plug. It was installed during the monsoon rains we had this year with giant downpours almost every afternoon. It was amazing to see his crew of six and himself out in the rain working and at the very last day, instead of trying to get it done quickly, everyone was soaking wet and patiently looking at Chris show them how to strategically and beautifully place rocks to get the best look and waterfalls. I researched this a lot before going with Purely Ponds. I cant recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Pondless waterfall and terracing a steep hillside.

Category excavators,landscaping,pavers, gravel,fountains,hardscaping

Thank you for such kind words and positive praise. We are delighted that you are enjoying your new beautiful waterfalls and landscaping. Chris definitely has an eye for design and strives for perfection in creating an immaculate outdoor space for your retreat. It is our pleasure to please you.

06/25/2018

Julie D.

Chris and his crew were professional, hard-working, and went above and beyond to design and install a beautiful, low maintenance landscape for us. We couldn't be happier with Purely Ponds Fine Landscapes and wouldn't hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Design and installation of a 45 foot stream with waterfalls, xeriscaping, drip irrigation system

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

Thank you so much! We are so happy that you are happy! That's our goal.

10/16/2017

Peter M.

Chris and his crew do really nice work. We had a koi pond removed and a waterfall feature put in. He is very responsive, easy to work with and always has great ideas.

Description of Work
koi pond removal, waterfall installation

Category landscaping

Thank you! We are happy to assist in getting you exactly the water feature you want.

04/17/2017

Warren W.

Chris uses top quality materials and has a keen eye for a "natural & local" appearance. He was easy to work with, and has excellent customer relations skills. This feature doesn't look like a picture in a landscape book, it looks like it really occurred here in the front range foothills. Very, very real looking. We'll be in the Parade of Ponds again this year.

Description of Work
Chris designed 3 functions for us. 1) a pond-less waterfall about 16' in overall length. 2) a side-patio (he called it a "coffee perch" using reclaimed materials from #1. 3) a surface drainage dry creek bed to improve drainage from the back of our lot to the front.

Category excavators,landscaping,pavers, gravel,fountains,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Thank you! We are Artistic by Nature. We aim to create a real piece of nature in your yard, a natural outdoor space that doesn't look like it was "created" at all. Check out this feature on the Parade of Ponds, June 24-25, 2017. Thank you for your support.

07/17/2016

Robert C.

Great. Chris and Danny were here for about two days and built this really neat looking pondless waterfall

Description of Work
Constructed a pondless waterfall feature in my basement patio/hot tub area

Category excavators,landscaping,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Thank you. It was our pleasure to create this beautiful water feature for your enjoyment.

04/13/2016

ron K.

They've done a lot for me but what they haven't done is done work for me under Angie's List. I met them before I ever signed up with Angie's List. They do a tremendous job. They are wonderful. I wouldn't use anyone else. Chris is prompt. They do a great job. Whatever excellent is...across the board. He has never done anything except exactly what he told me he would do. I've never said, why did you forget to do this or how you said you'd be here at 8 or wow, wish you would have done a better job at this...everything's been excellent. Chris does a great job. Purely Ponds should be your best rated place for that kind of work. For the clean ups because it is 3 complete waterfalls is $450 I believe. It is $150 per fall. He does spend time. They actually come in with pumps and big reservoirs that they bring out there and pump the water out. They clean up completely, put rocks back and then they pump water back in. It is a time consuming job. He is coming to see me. I've already set the appointment. He gets here at various times. He'll call and say, hey Ron, I am headed your way. Then I'll know when he is coming. So we don't have a specific time but I know he follows up. He is very diligent.

Description of Work
He comes out each year and does my...I've got 3 waterfalls/ water features that he comes out and he completely drains, cleans, cleans around the rock and makes sure the pump's is working. As a matter of fact, I'll see him in the next week. That happens April and May every year. He originally actually did a waterfall for me on one section that someone did a poor job. He came out and made it right. That would have been 4 years ago. So each subsequent year, he's come and cleaned up every thing.

Category landscaping

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your repeat business. See you next spring!

07/23/2015

Jamie H.

As a custom home builder here in town, we see many different companies' work and get to experience the good, the bad and the ugly. A year ago Purely Ponds installed a new beautiful new waterfall, pond-less feature for my parents in the Woodmore area of Monument. I was very impressed at their attention to detail and creative way they integrated the natural symmetry of the landscape into their feature. I knew I wanted to use them for our home in Monument. We live right on the Kings Deer golf course and the HOA is very particular with getting any landscape features to look "natural". I knew Chris and his team were the ones for the job. Chris designed and executed a beautifully crafted work of art in our backyard going right up the golf course and making our two waterfalls, beaver ponds and pond look completely natural to the landscape. We love it. They did such a good job with both our families' homes that I wouldn't suggest using anyone else in town.

Description of Work
Installed new water feature for our home.

Category landscaping

Thank you! It was my pleasure working with you. Your satisfaction and positive responses mean a lot to our company.

05/14/2015

Steve H.

Excellent, we love it. Chris not only did a great job in workmanship but has a creative gift to help design the rock formations.

Description of Work
Installed water effect.

Category landscaping

Thank you. I am very happy that you love it!

03/11/2015

JASON C.

My wife and I could not be happier with our waterfall! Chris was courteous, prompt and very helpful. One crew and one job at a time so you know they will be there until the finish and not jumping from job to job. Best advice I can give to you is let Chris run with a design. Pick your spot and let him roll. We had a location and a few key things we wanted and we let him go with it and boy what a stream he made! He made bends and drops in places I would have not thought of and our boulder placement spot on. I can tell you that we feel he gave us more then we paid for. Highly recommend a pondless fall from Chris and his team.

Description of Work
Pondless waterfall

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was my pleasure to turn your back yard into your own natural oasis. Glad you are enjoying it!