Jake's Designs

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2010

Jake's Designs was founded in 2000 by Jake Harris upon his graduation from Colorado State University. While at CSU, Jake received his Bachelors of Science in Landscape Architecture as well as numerous scholarships for his irrigation designs from landscape industry giants Hunter and Rainbird. Since its inception, Jake's Designs has carried an A+ rating with the local Better Business Bureau and is also a member in good standing with the Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado (ALCC). Jake's designs strives to get down to what the client really wants and to deliver that in a professional fashion....

McCurry

Hello! My name is Kenton Im twenty years old and have extensive knowledge on home care and am able to provide any service or chore you need Can fix appliances, yard work, detailed landscaping, cleaning, excavating and what ever task you need help with.

Cut-N-Edge Lawncare

Our customers count! We want your property to have the curb appeal you desire and your experience with Cut-N-Edge to be above any other company out there. We strive to meet each individual clients Lawn Maintenance needs and always make sure there is clear communication, timely follow-up and great customer care. We offer a variety of lawn care services, including mowing, aeration, power raking, bush trimming, fertilizing (no weed and feed), Spring & Fall clean ups and more. Contact us for great service and follow through!

BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air

Inquiries, feel free to email us at contact@bullseyeplumbing.com. BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air provides fast and affordable plumbing, heating & air, and utilities excavation services to Colorado Springs, CO, and surrounding areas seven days a week - 24 hours a day! We offer same-day service in most cases and have a Lowest Price Guarantee! Our technicians are highly qualified and skilled to tackle your problems with the quality of care you deserve as our customer! As proud members of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating, we believe you will be highly satisfied with our services. Our award winning services include, but are not limited to: Heating and air services Sewer and drain cleaning Leaky faucet repair Clogged drains Garbage disposals Water heaters Water and sewer line repairs and replacements Sewer line camera/scopes Sewer line jettings Air conditioner installations Furnace/boiler installations Duct cleaning BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air also offers boiler services, frozen water line thawing, humidifiers and water softeners. We are also able to pinpoint areas that need repair with video inspections. If you are experiencing continuous problems with your sewer line, it may be time to have the line inspected. BullsEye Plumbing, Heating & Air has state of the art camera and locating equipment. This service will provide you with an actual, first-hand look at the problem as well as an exact location of the issue to include depth. This will allow for more specific information to provide you with the most knowledgeable and affordable solution. Call BullsEye Plumbing, Heating & Air today to schedule your service. GOLD Winner Best of The Springs by The Gazette 2016 and 2017

Offers by BullsEye Plumbing Heating & Air on Angi

07/12/2016

Hossca H.

He's the worst landscaper I ever encountered in my life. The original agreement was he was going to sod our back yard. We have a sprinkler system in the front and he was going to run the sprinkler to the newly soded back yard. He was also going to do stonework on a retaining wall. We fired him before he could do the retaining wall. He did the sod and the sprinkler system.

Description of Work
He did some landscaping work for me.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

This project was performed in May of 2015. This is just not accurate and honestly. When I met the client they had me bid out 5 different projects with separate pricing, I was happy to do so as I know everyone has a budget to work within. The client hired us to lay sod in the backyard as well as install 2 zones of sprinkler, one for the backyard, one for a planting bed area. We did just that. He never did contract for the retaining walls so I'm not too sure how he "fired us" as the job we were contracted to do was complete. The zones we installed work great, the sod established beautifully. Where it all went wrong was when he ran the existing sprinkler in the front, note that this system is over 10 years old and we did not touch any of it. When we fired up the whole system (again, it was in the spring) he had a stuck valve that wouldn't close. No problem, we have ran into this before. We called the problem to the owners attention and let him know we would clean out the valve and rebuild it at no charge, this usually fixes the issue. In this case it did not and I offered to install a new valve along with the cost associated with that. The client was hellbent that we did something to this valve and declined to pay for a new one. Ok, fine. To be honest the client spoke down to myself and the crew as if we were second class citizens so I really wasn't inclined to throw in any freebies for him. A day later I get a call from an irrigation specialist stating that he had just encountered the client, who was trashing us out verbally. He laughed and stated there was nothing wrong with anything we did and that he replaced the valve to fix the problem. We have gotten pickier with who we work with now, sometimes we aren't a fit for everyone out there.

06/18/2016

Tom R.

Jake and his team were awesome! They came out, dug down several inches and build a strong and level base for the pool. The work was done on time, on budget and with a great overall experience! Thank you Jake!

Description of Work
We were installing a 15' above ground pool and needed the area leveled and made right for the pool.

Category landscaping

Thank you sir! You are an absolute pleasure to work for! We will help you out anytime!

05/19/2016

Jackie S.

Original schedule was to be first week of Nov. 2016, postponed until Nov. 10, and again to Nov. 20 due to additional work of their previous customer. I've waited until now to review allowing for the rain to come to see how the drainage worked. Felt like a rush job as I was given my 5 days while work for previous customer was stopped momentarily prior to Thanksgiving holiday. Any adjustments were hard to come by. First time using a landscaper and probably my last. Learned that being very specific with contract details is required. It was like pulling teeth to get them to take me seriously on issues and not respond to me as if I were an idiot but that could be due to my demeanor. Then again, maybe, changes meant extra time which was not available due to having to return to previous customer. I chose to use email as needed to keep a record of my contacts with them and maybe that was part of the problem. In the end the work looks good and have been given a 3 yr. warranty on the work. As of today, May 19,2016, drains are working which was the main concern as my neighbors below were unhappy with the water coming off our house and running down our 45 degree hill onto their property. This was the main reason for contacting a landscaper. However, I talked with the landscaper several times about the main drain pipe not extending to the curb (about 3-4 feet short) and they kept saying it wasn't necessary and one response was regarding a street grader might hit it. Not an issue as a grader doesn't do but a strip up the middle of the street if at all. There is a city water cap in water's path before the curb. Also voiced concern over water washing soil away over time under pavement. Also did not want to run risk of water again running toward neighbor's property so I built up a little berm to keep water flowing to street. Since they wouldn't extend it I probably will do it myself. I did not like the original fix plan on one of the drain pipes and emailed the contact as well as talked to one of the workers about a different way of going about it. Didn't get a response right away and after some verbal effort they did respond and made the change. It did cost extra but I understood that. Before getting any estimates I researched on connecting drains and burying underground. I thought the underground pipes were to be below freeze line but in some places like along the south slope side the pipe is barely under soil and the wildlife have exposed it. I've covered it up a little more in some places. Not sure if exposure to elements will cause any problems. The wall looks great! They did a good job here. I thought it was to go a little further on the south side and curve up to driveway on north but since I didn't make sure that was more specific in the contract, I'll take it the responsibility for it. I did it myself on the north with a few boulders I requested from them when they were cleaning up . The fill dirt is alkaline clay and like cement when dry. The deer like to lick it though :). New for me since our soil is red sand. Seeding by landscaper was iffy during spreading. Wind came up and tossing up in the air seemed to be the process. I wanted native grass. The grass below the wall will remain long but the grass on the wall level is to be mowed. Landscaper used same seed for both. My failure to be more specific in contract. Between the wind and the birds depleting the seed over the winter I've since (mid April) got out a pick to get through the cement soil and reseeded with a more lawn like native mix and grass is breaking through. I'll wait the 2 yrs. to see how it establishes. French drain also working however the material around the pipe extending along the wall is showing in some areas and water collects more in those areas. Grass won't grow on exposed material either. All in all a passer by will think it looks great and it does. Drainage is working. Can't get over even now that it felt like a rush job. I'm just disappointed that my first experience working with a landscaper was somewhat disappointing but I've learned a lot. It does look nice and the improvement does wonders for my 65 yr. old body in maintaining the yard. Satisfied but not ecstatic.

Description of Work
Remove rock and debris and haul debris offsite. Build granite retaining wall. Downspout drainage. Connect 3 downspouts and route to street. French Drain along wall. Native Grass seeding.

Category landscaping

Once we saw this review we contacted the homeowner immediately. We have since corrected all issues with this project at no charge to the client. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we caused. Please let us know if we can assist further in the future.

08/14/2015

Denise L.

We were really impressed with Jake when he came to give a bid. The price seemed a bit high but we are fairly new to the area and he was rated well so we went with it. We discussed, in detail, what needed to be done to address water coming into the basement from the window well. The grading was poor. When he suggested removing the trees to get to the ground, we asked about leaving the stumps in. Jake advised against that, as they would eventually decompose and leave holes where the ground would sink in and we'd be in the same position we were in at that time. We agreed the stumps had to go. He could not get to the job for 6-8 weeks, which was disappointing as we had rain continue to come into the house several times during the interm. When he did come out, his crew did the job and we paid him. A couple of weeks later I was in that area when I noticed the stumps. They had not been removed. I thought it was an oversight. I sent an email to Jake through Angie's List several weeks ago. We have not had a response. This is concerning because we paid a lot of money to address the water leaking into the house and now, it appears we will have to address this same issue again in a year or two.

Description of Work
Removed several evergreens and one dead tree, packed down top soil over the area and placed river rock over that.

Category landscaping,mulch

Hi{Member's name}, We have been really backed up lately, I thought I responded to that email but apparently it slipped through the cracks here, I apologize. I have your name on my list of warranty items and will certainly get to this as soon as we can. We have not forgotten about you and will get this right.

06/25/2015

Jim M.

Phase 2 Project (Phase 1 was landscaping the front yard approximately 4 years earlier) This landscape project consisted of designing, excavating and planting shrubs on a terrace approximately 100' in length in the backyard of our home. The project was particularly difficult due to the very limited accessibility to mechanized equipment. Most of the excavation work was necessarily done by hand. Additionally, a rock wall about 40' in length was constructed to lessen the slope in order to permit the use of crushed granite over the entire area. It was also necessary to revamp the existing drip system and to plug and abandon an existing sprinkler system. The initial work was hand excavation, followed by building the rock wall and planting 40 or so shrubs in the excavated area. Next, a weed barrier was installed over the entire area. Crushed granite was then placed over the weed barrier. Some problems were encountered in installing the drip sprinkler system, but these were satisfactorily overcome. Finally, a small flower garden area was excavated and the old dirt replacd with new soil. Existing plants and shrubs were salvaged wherever practical. Jake's supervisors and employees were very cooperative throughout the project.

Description of Work
Landscaping on a long terrace and garden area at the rear of home.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,mulch

[Member Name Removed], we are honored that you had us back to do a second phase for your landscape, that's one of [Member Information Removed] biggest compliments you could give us. We'll be here for you should you need anything else.

02/08/2015

Arnold R.

It went very well and Jake's were excellent in many ways. Dani made an excellent design for the wall and the landscaping. Nate and his crew were very professional and worked with some difficult winter conditions - snow, ice, and mud. Staging of material was done on the street which was always kept tidy and thoroughly cleaned off at the end of each day (including our steep drive). Mathew came up with a good plan for some extra steps that were needed and no extra charge was made for that. I would definitely recommend them for any landscaping or wall work you may have.

Description of Work
Constructed a 4-5 feet x 40 feet block wall on our steep block which a deck was attached to. (Jake's did not do the deck work as we had already made a commitment on that.) Xeriscaped the back and side yard. It was a big job - bringing up the 40 or more lb blocks for the wall up our very steep driveway and to the side as well as the very heavy paving blocks.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

01/18/2015

Gerald E.

We had some minor flooding in our basement and spoke to several companies regarding how to best remediate this problem. Jake promptly came to our house to discuss the project, quickly identified the problem, and proposed a simple but effective solution. Jake demonstrated knowledge and professionalism in all communications by phone, e-mail, texting, and in person. Consideration for choosing Jake included a reasonable price for the proposed work and his professional demeanor. Jake's crews were booked for several weeks and we chose to wait for his company to complete the work. We definitely think it was the right decision and highly recommend Jake. We plan to use his services again in the very near future. Thanks Jake :)

Description of Work
Installed a drainage box with buried piping in low area in front of a window well and extended two other downspouts with buried piping. Soil and rock were added to adjust the grade and facilitate drainage. We were unexpectedly called out of town for a death in the family and were unable to personally supervise the job. We trusted that the job would be completed to a high standard and we were not disappointed. Upon our return we were greeted with a job completed exactly as described. Jake's crew came in, got the job done, and didn't leave any mess. A great experience overall!

Category landscaping,mulch,drain pipe

11/23/2014

David H.

Jake, very personable, came by for an initial assessment. Very prompt and commutative through Angies List Message service. After being patient with me though design changes and budget constraints, the contract was signed. On the day the job started, Jake came by to introduce his crew and they started working. They even worked through a couple of days of snow storm and sudden wintery weather! Now the job is done and they are going to check back in the Spring to make sure the plants are still alive.

Description of Work
Converted parts of our yard to Xeriscaping

09/10/2014

Robert L.

Dani at Jake's design was very responsive. Installers worked hard to implement design. I was most impressed with Dani's follow up. When there were aspects of the plan that were not draining properly, they followed through the fix the design and remained responsive and checked in multiple times to make sure we were happy.

Description of Work
Created landscape and planting plan for back of home. Created retaining walls, dry creek and stairs

Category landscaping,hardscaping

07/17/2014

Jacob K.

We contacted numerous companies who are on Angie's List. None but Jake's Designs followed up and developed a plan for us. I talked with Jake and he sent out Dani Ewan. She was nothing but professional and knowledgable in her field. We were at a loss of the specifics but knew we needed retaining walls that would enable our children to play and an area to entertain friends/family. She conducted a walk thru with myself and had a plan with an itemized pricing developed within the week. At that time we were unable to go thru with the project so I contacted her letting her know that I got a second job to save up for the project. She understood and told me to let her know when it would be good to follow thru with the plan. A few months later I called her to notify Dani that we were ready and we got together again to get the project started in August. She had numerous examples of materials, ideas, and helped us finalize the plan to narrow down the budget to where it would be managable for us, we were treated as if we lived in the Broadmoor area. We were excited and could not wait! I gave her my word that this project was going to happen. Because of that she did not have me sign anything right away and was going to wait for the walk thru with the building manager. Two weeks before the project I had to cancel all together because my marriage is going south and unable to maintain the payments I need to finance the project. Dani was understanding and sympathetic to our situation. I wish I could have seen this project go thru just because of all the focus we had from them. This company and designer are worth getting ahold of !!!

Description of Work
Performed Site Survey and Plan Development for our undeveloped backyard

Jake's Designs

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2010

15680 Park Ave

Colorado Springs, CO 80921

Landscape architecture, landscape design and installation, retaining walls, erosion control and drainage solutions, xeriscape, aquascape and water features, patio and fire pit, walkways and paths, vegetation and planting, irrigation and lawn sprinkler systems & landscape lighting.

landscape maintenance, mowing, spring/fall cleanup