J & J Construction Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2008

2665 Sierra Dr

Colorado Springs, CO 80917

We specialize in Kitchens, Baths, Basement finish, Full house remodel, Building additions, Decks, Deck covers, and more. We specialize in Residential Construction and do not perform work on commercial buildings, rentals, flip houses or investment properties. We do not do partial Kitchen or Bathroom renovations. We have to supply all materials for job, and do not use homeowner provided materials. J & J Construction Inc has a class C building license in Colorado Springs and surrounding cities. We carry full work Comp and 2 million in liability insurance. We accept Visa & Mastercard. Our company is unique because our carpenters are our employees not sub contractors. We do all the design, construction drawings and elevations in house with our unique and innovative 3D software. We can draw you a photograph of your job before a single nail is hit. We offer every service needed for the residential home. We provide free 1 HR consults, but not free estimates. So call us today for a free in home consultation. FREE CONSULTS ARE SCHEDULED TUESDAY - THURSDAY BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 10AM - 3PM...

basement remodeling (71)drywall (34)home remodeling (31)electrician (28)plumbers (25)lighting (23)decks & porches (17)general contractors (17)woodworking (15)door installation (13)architect (13)interior painting (12)

05/05/2022

Amber N.

Jeremy was up front and honest about cost and work to be done. All subcontractors were respectful and punctual. Work was completed timely and communication between all subcontractors was excellent. I highly recommend Jeremy and his crew!!

Description of Work
Basement finish

Category drywall,electrician,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

05/03/2022

Bob C.

J&J Construction Build Your Own Basement did an excellent job with our basement finish. We are so glad we went with J&J Construction. The work crews did a great job and the contractors suggested by J&J Construction for the parts of the project we were responsible for were all top-notch. Dan, the foreman, was very knowledgeable and helpful. He gave good suggestions and was quick to respond to our questions throughout the project. All of the crews were courteous and efficient. My wife and I were very pleased with how the entire project worked out. And we are extremely pleased with our finished basement. It looks great and exceeds our expectations. I recommend J&J Construction Build Your Own Basement for anyone considering finishing their basement. Its a great concept in basement finishing where the customer has involvement and helps brings the cost down.

Description of Work
Basement finishing.

Work Completed On 05/03/2022

Thank you for letting others know about our work. We hope you enjoy your amazing new space.

04/13/2022

Elizabeth L.

J&J was an excellent choice for my kitchen and bath remodel. Jeremy and Dan's work along with all of their partners is top notch, professional, timely, completely trustworthy, and just in general they're really great people to work with. The finished product was stunning! I highly recommend them!!!

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Remodel

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,hardwood floor,interior designers,lighting,plumbing,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 04/12/2022

Review for J & J Construction Inc - 2665 Sierra Dr, Colorado Springs, CO - 39695322

01/20/2022

John G.

Going with Jeremy and his team was a no brainer. The professionalism, prompt replies to any questions I had was amazing. J&J has a team of craftsman that made this project worry free. I am so pleased with the final product. Dan was also great at helping me through the process. Thanks for everything!

Description of Work
Basement Finish

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

Review for J & J Construction Inc - 2665 Sierra Dr, Colorado Springs, CO - 39603624

12/16/2021

Chris S.

Amazing work by a responsive and professional team!

Description of Work
Basement finish

Category countertops,drywall,electrician,picture framing,lighting,fireplaces,home builders,woodworking,interior painters,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

12/05/2021

Lance L.

I highly recommend J&J construction. I recently had J&J construction finish my unfinished basement which included a full bath, wet bar and more. In addition to everything looking great all of the crews were very friendly, helpful and professional. 5 Stars.

Description of Work
Finish Basement including a wet bar and full bath.

Category drywall,electrician,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/05/2021

Thank you for letting others know about our Build your own Basement program. Congratulations on your new basement.

12/02/2021

Frank W.

Hire this worthless POS at your own risk. Takes your money, gives you false promises and leaves you hanging with the job 3/4 complete. A truly despicable individual!!

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category drywall,electrician,picture framing,interior designers,lighting,fireplaces,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

Review for J & J Construction Inc - 2665 Sierra Dr, Colorado Springs, CO - 39560798

We are not doing a job for this man. We contracted with his daughter Sarah and are communicating with her to finish the job. This man is very angry and he yells and berates everyone in his path, including his Wife and Daughter. He has also been very testy with my female cabinet designer calling her incompetent among other things. Out contract states that all Cabinetry, trim and flooring has to be done before we finish the final trim outs. We made a exception for a missing cabinet, and then he sent a text saying we couldn't finish the electrical because of the missing cabinet and he was being ripped off? That's when we decided to cancel the trim outs until the missing cabinet arrived. This job will get done just like 100's of others over our 20 year career. Angies list wont let the provider upload pictures. I have my own text thread. Pictures upon request.

11/11/2021

Steven R.

J & J Construction finished my basement. They did an outstanding job from beginning to end. I cant say enough about the quality of the work, the professionalism and the workmanship. If your looking to finish your basement, look no further than J&J

Description of Work
Finished Basement

Category drywall,electrician,picture framing,lighting,remodeling

Work Completed On 11/11/2021

Thank you for the review! We hope you enjoy the basement for many years to come.

04/21/2021

Bryan S.

Anytime you do a major remodel, things are going to pop up. Things do not always go as planned. J&J Construction was able deal with the unexpected.

Description of Work
Finished our Basement

Category contractors,drywall,electrician,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/21/2021

01/25/2021

James M.

We had a great experience working with J&J construction. They have a great team and were very responsive throughout the process, and did a great job - we are very happy with all of the work they did! We were definitely able to save some money by doing some of the finishes ourselves, so if their "build your own basement" approach feels workable to you, it's a great option.

Description of Work
Basement finish

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

Review for J & J Construction Inc - 2665 Sierra Dr, Colorado Springs, CO - 39154597

12/11/2020

Joe K.

Our experience with J&J Construction was excellent! Our basement was done, including our part, in 3 months and the quality is top notch. All the contractors were on time and courteous. When we had our inspections the inspectors commented on how they rarely find any issues with work done by J&J. We had an idea of the layout we wanted but they tweaked it and made it much better. If we were starting over from scratch there is nothing we would change. The final cost was about 30% less than the other quotes we received. I did install the flooring, wetbar cabinets, and paint myself but the rest was done by J&J. Overall we highly recommend J&J Construction!

Description of Work
Basement finish

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

Review for J & J Construction Inc - 2665 Sierra Dr, Colorado Springs, CO - 39080671

10/15/2020

John E.

We were happy with our basement finish. Everything was done on time, workers arrived when they said they would and worked until the job was done. All the schedules were communicated clearly to us. The itemized price sheet was clear, and fair. The quality of the work was good! All the workers were friendly, respectful and kind. I would highly recommend J&J again!

Description of Work
basement finish

Category architect

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

10/14/2020

Andrew G.

They did an excellent job. Very quick and smooth. The only delays were when I needed to get things done on my end. I'm very pleased I found them!

Description of Work
Basement finish

Category contractors,drywall,electrician,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,architect,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

Thank you!

09/14/2020

Michelle G.

Highly recommend!! We hired J&J to finish our basement and we are very happy with the completed product. Their crew was kind, professional and wonderful to work with. There were no unexpected costs or surprises. I expected a stressful, chaotic and long process but I was wrong. In fact, my neighbors said they hardly even knew that there was construction going on at our house! The workers were very friendly and efficient. I would definitely work with them again!

Description of Work
Basement Finish

Category architect,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

Thank you for telling others about our basement program. It was a pleasure working with you.

08/15/2020

Robert F.

We inquired about getting an estimate and received a terse automated reply that they are not accepting any more projects. If you don’t want the work then remove yourself from Angie’s List.

Description of Work
Basement bathroom

Category architect,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

Wow! An F grade from someone we never even met. Thanks for showing your true nature. Contractors beware of this guy.

07/27/2020

Nick W.

Work was completed ahead of schedule. Jeremy was very professional and provided his professional opinion to actually make the design more modern and desirable. The crew Jeremy uses was polite and considerate of my families needs. After design work from Jeremy was completed, a no hassle contract was provided which outlined time frame and cost. Once contract was signed work began almost immediately. Framing, electrical, and plumbing worked well together which cut timeframe by almost two weeks. Drywall was completed with no issues. I decided to do some work myself to save money. I really appreciated the no hassle not to use his contractors. Although I did call his list of provided contractors, which were all reasonably priced, I still decided to do some work myself which saved me about 3500. The only real issue which was just me being picky was with the plumber. After the bath install the job looked dirty and rushed. (Caulking was messy, and on the tub itself.) I contacted Jeremy and within two days the job was redone to my satisfaction. Communication was easy with all contractors and Jeremy. Couldn’t be happier. The way Jeremy does his basements if you follow his timeline and stay on top of yourself the project will be completed very timely. Inspections were completed without issue and final papers were issued. The process was so smooth I have already recommended him to several friends. I also have contacted him about a new kitchen!

Description of Work
Basement finish

Category contractors,ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,picture framing,interior designers,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,basement waterproofing,home builders,woodworking,architect,interior painters,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/30/2020

Thank you! We hope you enjoy your basement for many years to come!

05/07/2020

Patricia W.

J&J Construction did an amazing job on our basement. They made sure we were informed every step of the way. They provide an easy to follow information sheet. I never had to wonder where we were in the process. The work is great quality and every worker was kind, professional and knew their craft!!!

Description of Work
Basement finished

Category architect

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

05/05/2020

Michelle D.

We were very pleased with how our basement turned out. J & J Construction did an amazing job from the start to finish. Jeremy drew up the perfect basement for us, and explained every step in detail. Any questions we had throughout the project were answered quickly. The crews that came out here were very helpful, professional and clean. If anyone is looking to get their basement finished at a good price, and you don't mind doing a little work yourself, then J & J is who you should call. we will recommend them every time.

Description of Work
Basement finish

Category drywall,picture framing,interior designers,home builders,architect,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

Thank you for allowing us to work on your beautiful home. You have an amazing basement that I know you will enjoy with your family for many years to come!

05/04/2020

Christopher D.

J&J's Build Your Own Basement was the best way for us to complete our basement project. Jeremy is great to work with and his recommended list of contractors are all top-notch. The BYOB put us in control of the timeline, materials, and every detail so that in the end there were no surprises or disappointments. The reason I give value a B is because J&J's BYOB offering stands to save you a lot of money as long as you understand the assumptions behind that price. Paint, flooring, tile, countertops, etc. will all quickly add on to the price if you choose to not do those things yourself. However, this is not unlike any other basement project with any other contractor. In the end, we spent about $10,000 above what we paid J&J, but that was our choice. J&J was upfront about the cost and never added anything without our approval. In the end, I still viewed it as worth the work because we were absolutely in control of every detail and felt like we were "in the know" of all these fantastic subcontractors. Finding this talent would have been very difficult without Jeremy's decades of experience. All-in-all, highly recommend!

Description of Work
Basement finishing

Category home builders,architect,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience so others can take advantage of the build your own basement program. We hope that you get many years of enjoyment from your new basement!

03/05/2020

Laurie D.

Awesome! They quickly answered any questions. We were informed about each next step and our responsibilities. The only reason price didn’t get an A was because we chose a more expensive flooring and there were some additional costs associated with that. Very pleased!!

Description of Work
New rec room, bathroom, and bedroom in basement.

Category drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

01/31/2020

Shelton H.

We are very pleased with J & J Construction. They completed all work on time and as specified. Jeremy and his team were quick to respond to all of our questions, and always ensured that our concerns were addressed in a timely manner. If you’re looking to finish your basement, and you’re willing to put a little work in, the build your own basement program can’t be beat.

Description of Work
Basement finish

Work Completed On 01/30/2020

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about our company and the type of work we do. Thank you for trusting our company to work on your home.

01/03/2020

Joyce S.

J&J Construction worked on our basement during May and June of 2019. They were knowledgeable, caring, prompt, and interested in making the process understandable. They quickly answered and solved any questions and concerns. They pulled all permits and completed the framing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and drywall. We chose to complete the priming, painting, flooring, doors, and wet bar sink, counter, and cabinets. Currently, we are finishing the trim work. It’s a great company that allows the customer to complete as much or as little as possible. The company is there to help every step of the way. We would not hesitate to hire them again, and we feel the results are amazing!

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category drywall,electrician,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

Review for J & J Construction Inc - 2665 Sierra Dr, Colorado Springs, CO - 38312436