We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Home Heating Service Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since December 2006

1565 Tuskegee Place

Colorado Springs, CO 80915

Home Heating Service, Inc. is a heating contractor in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since inception, we have been providing our customers in Colorado Springs and the surrounding area with high-quality HVAC contract work. Our services and products include: Air Conditioners Heating Furnaces Water Heaters Geothermal systems We offer sales and installation of a wide variety of HVAC products. Whether you need repairs to your air conditioning, installation of a water heater, or replacement for your furnace, we've got you covered. We are familiar with most brands and models and can also offer you high quality repair services. Our professional and experienced team of technicians can help you out with all of your HVAC needs. Dedicated to customer satisfaction and quality work, we are your climate control specialists. For more information concerning our premium HVAC installation and repair service, contact Home Heating Service, Inc. today. Call Home Heating Service, Inc. now to learn how we can take care of all of your home comfort needs!...

01/15/2022

Wade W.

After I found Home Heating Services on Angi I have continued to use them repeatedly for anything on their resume. I don't know anyone who works there, I just like hiring people who consistently perform well. This is my fourth or fifth time using them, and they did earned another 5-star review. One of my fireplaces would ignite. So one technician came by to access the situation and order the part. Then 6 weeks later when the part arrived another technician came by and installed the part. Both technicians arrived on time, were polite, and most importantly professional.

Description of Work
Fireplace Repair

Category fireplaces

12/08/2020

Shawna Z.

Technician was very professional, arrived on time, very polite. I was happy with the price of the service fee and I felt the technician was knowledgeable. This will definitely be my go to place for all my heating and AC needs.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace service. Issue was identified and fixed with an estimate to replace older parts at a later date.

Category fireplaces

08/18/2020

Wade W.

I believe in doing proper maintenance based on Consumer Reports (CR) recommendations since water heaters and furnaces lose efficiency over time. CR recommends a new water heater every 12 years, new furnace every 20 years. My furnace was working well but I have had it for 21 years, so it was time to replace it. Better to do this repair in August then wait until it breaks down in January. I have used HHS in the past and they have always done an excellent job. This job was no different.

Description of Work
New Furnace

07/28/2020

Wade W.

Technician arrived on time, was professional and polite. The technician looked everything over, decided the A/C unit needed a new capacitor-turbo, he replaced it and the A/C worked after that.

Description of Work
A/C Unit Stopped Working

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Thank you for the review, we appreciate it. And thank you for your business.. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

07/20/2020

Chrystal H.

So many good things to say!! Excellent service and workmanship!

Description of Work
Hearing and cooling unit installation as well as duct cleaning and sealing.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning,fireplaces

Thank you so much for the review, it's greatly appreciated as is you business. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. Thanks again.

02/09/2020

Nathaniel R.

We have been in our home in Colorado Springs for two winters now, and during our first winter here, our Trane XR80 furnace was tripping a High temperature limiter sensor. I was deployed to Afghanistan, so my wife called home heating service, inc., and Jared from this company felt justified in taking advantage of my wife and infant daughter while I was away. He came out and looked at the unit, and without any real diagnostic, he immediately assumed it was the temperature sensor and left to replace the unit. We had the same issues since then, with it being fixed by powering down and restarting the unit. This is my first full winter in this house and when it happened again, I personally checked the filters (which have been replaced every 2-3 months as recommended by Trane), checked the leads of the temperature senor with my fluke multimeter (which it passed), checked the sensor itself and it fired back up just fine when everything was put back together (took about 15 minutes). I asked my wife about the previous “service” and I had her call this company to inquire about any implied warranties. She told me that the original service tech came out, checked the code and was out in less than 10 mins to replace the part. Their phone representative was inept about their services, parts, or warranties and transferred us to a technician. We talked to a “dana”, a service technician with them, who agreed that our issue is probably not the temperature sensor, and quoted me “$196 more to come out and take another look”. The original OEM sensor can be purchased for $15 on amazon and takes about 15 minutes to install properly. They charged us $275 and it took the technician about 20 minutes to replace the temperature limiter that I believe was working just fine. Just to recap, I have the same problem I had before we called this company, they charged me to replace a part that was most likely working just fine, and want to re-charge me to come back out and determine what the real problem is. Total cost from this company to replace a $15 part in ~35 minutes is $471 with no guarantee that your problem will really be solved as you can expect to call them back out next year. Their service warranty is only 3 months, which basically covers the remainder of the current winter, and parts just 1 year which means that when you turn your system on next year, get the phone ready to call them back out for an ‘out-of-warranty’ part replacement again! Thankfully I am home this time around to catch these crooks in the act, and hopefully I save your families hundreds of dollars and multiple freezing nights without heat because of them through my review.

Description of Work
Furnace Overheating (Temp Limiter tripping)

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I’m sorry to hear you are having troubles with your furnace and I understand you’re upset, no one likes to have a furnace give them problems. I do wish if you were having issues that you had called us sooner than on a Sunday morning over a year later to resolve them. The $196 is our Sunday after hours emergency fee and hopefully you can understand Dana was simply following procedure. I would like to address a few of your points and if you are still having issues we’d be happy to help you take care of them. The first thing I want to mention is that you may not be experiencing the same problem we were out to look at a year plus ago. There are many components of a furnace that when fail demonstrate the same end result, which is a locked out furnace requiring you to reset it. Many of these are maintenance related and can be prevented by performing yearly maintenance, but there are components that will intermittently cause issues and still put the furnace in a “lock out”. If you believe it to be the same problem I’ve noted a few places to look that may help you out. Our records and truck GPS indicate Jared was working on your home for a little over an hour and a half. This time does include diagnostics, acquiring the part, installation, and run testing. After reading Jared’s diagnostic report I do believe his diagnostic to be correct, as he noted and followed the correct procedures to make this determination. The limit diagnostic is pretty straight forward for a HVAC professional and you will have no heat at all if it has indeed failed. For your knowledge, high limit switches are designed to reset themselves after it determines there is an issue, but often will fail completely after too many of these cycles. Once again everyone involved followed all the procedures and policies that have been in place for this company for over thirty years. Sorry you're so upset over this.

10/09/2019

Doug K.

Service was completed by Scott, who was polite, efficient, and professional. He explained what he checked and their condition, and suggested an additional service (to clean squirrel cage blower unit).

Description of Work
Furnace inspection and general maintenance

08/23/2019

MEGAN W.

Alex, our technician, arrived on time and was very courteous. Within minutes he had our AC running superior to when he had arrived. Very please with his service! This is the 2nd time we've had a great experience with Home Heating Service, Inc., and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
AC Tune Up

07/25/2019

Wade W.

Technician arrived on time, was polite and extremely thorough and then emailed me a report detailing his findings. He also washed the A/C unit and inserted a new filter. This business doesn't pay their technicians commissions, so they never try to up-sell you something you don't need.

Description of Work
Home A/C Inspected

10/10/2018

CHARLES B.

went very wel. done for another year.

Description of Work
check the fujrnace lout

08/06/2018

Rebecca E.

Our A/C condenser stopped working the previous night. The next day, I called HHS and they were able to schedule a tech to come by the same day. Dana was our tech for that day. He arrived and was able to quickly diagnose and repair the issue. Excellent service from the scheduler at the home office and from the Dana, the technician.

Description of Work
Test and Repair A/C Condenser Fan

07/25/2018

Rena B.

We just moved into and bought an older house with a 34 year old furnace. Also, we have south facing windows and the house would get up to 89 degrees during the day. We decided to go with the Amana units and the team was prompt, professional and we now have A/C in our house. All inspections passed the first time. Marcus was great! It is staying 75 degrees in the house now - Yeah!!

Description of Work
New Amana Furnace & A?C Unit

06/12/2018

Vickie H.

Very good. I have a small utility closet where the furnace is, so they had to take it out to put the air handler in. They did that, reconfigured my furnace on top of the air handler, ran the wiring and piping through my attic and down the side of the house since I don't have a crawl space, put the outside unit where I asked them to, and then cleaned up after themselves. They started at 10 and were done by 5, pretty good considering all the work they had to do. All workers were professional. The salesman was exceptional. I would definitely go with Home Heating again.

Description of Work
Install of new AC

01/15/2018

KAREN M.

He explained that I just needed a Pressure relief valve. He also did a system flush and cleaning. I felt he was very honest (some people might have told me I needed a new boiler.) He explained to me that they get paid by the hour and do not get commission off selling products like new furnaces (like many companies do.) I would hire again. Fred V did the work.

Description of Work
Boiler leaking

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that we could take care of the issue for you. Fred is a great technician and I will pass this along to him and his manager. We appreciate doing business with you and look forward to working with you in the future. Have a Great Day, Kristen Douglas Home Heating Service

12/15/2017

Lori V.

Perfect! Everything was in top working order after it was installed.

Description of Work
The first time I needed repair of my furnace thermostat wiring. It was done by John in a timely and professional manner. The second time was to have the proper venting installed for my dryer. Carlos did the job and was very thorough and professional.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]. I will pass this along to John and Carlos and their managers. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you! Home Heating Service

12/08/2017

Mary K.

Was quoted $422 to replace 1 regulator. They will not put $95 svc call towards that amt. Despite purchasing $1200 water heater from them 5 years ago. Never heard back from office manager. Went with another company that replaced 2 regulators for $210.

Description of Work
Svc call for eval if water heater Approximate cost of service: $95.00

Category water heater repair

We are very concerned with the score and review that you posted. We are sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding the pricing of the replacement pressure regulators. We also apologize for any miscommunication. We left several messages with you but perhaps you did not receive them. We must also clarify that we have no record of replacing a water heater at that property. We strive to meet everyone's expectations and needs but occasionally we do fall short. Please reference our other reviews to obtain a more complete reflection of our business and our business practices.

11/01/2017

Corinne O.

Kyle was very customer-oriented in this small but meaningful (to us) task and I will always recommend the folks at Home Heating. Several years ago they replaced our furnaces plus all associated work and I continue to use them for home heating inspections due to their professionalism, good work and attention to customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Reimbursement for payment on vent work to another vendor

09/05/2017

Michael K.

Excellent very professional from the initial estimate to the finished product it was a very pleasant experience

Description of Work
Replace furnace and add air conditioning

08/24/2017

Kristelle S.

Max was wonderful! He was very nice and did a wonderful job! They were able to schedule the repair the same day I called and Max arrive a mere two hours after my original call!! It was much cheaper than I expected!

Description of Work
I cord was mangled during yard work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Home Heating Service. We are happy that you were pleased with the service. I will pass this along to Max and his manager. Let us know if we can help you in the future. Thank You, Kristen Douglas

08/12/2017

Arnaldo B.

Excellent. They reported on time and uniform and introduced themselves. Informed me of the their plan to carry out the installation. Started with the removal of the outside A/C unit and installation of new one. Replace evaporator coil inside the house, made any necessary modifications to meet new codes. It was a rainy day, so they rolled out blankets to put on the carped to prevent soiling. Again they kept me informed of the progress of the work. It took approximately 4 hours from start to finish. I would use this company again for all my A/C and heating work.

Description of Work
Install new A/C unit and Evaporative Coil.

06/13/2017

Michele S.

They were very polite and efficient. It was for air conditioning. I may use them, I am just not having the work done right now. Their estimate was similar to another one I got.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from them.

05/30/2017

Betty T.

They are fantastic and accommodating. They give great deals for being a long time customer.

Description of Work
They service our furnace and hot water heaters for the last 13 years

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you as a loyal customer and glad you are satisfied. Kristen Home Heating Service

04/19/2017

Sandy C.

They came out the next day after I called. Good response time.

Description of Work
I used them for a humidifier cleaning.

04/12/2017

Miguel L.

Excellent, upon inspection technician identified an electrical control module on the unit had shorted out causing the blower motor to shut off upon startup leading to no heat being pushed through ventilation system. He put in a new module and had the unit up and running quickly; no further issues with the heating system since.

Description of Work
Heater not working

04/02/2017

Lynn P.

They did a great job! From the estimate to the actual work, it was all handled very professionally. They took the time to answer all my questions (didn't try to sell me on more than I needed!) and cleaned up beautifully after. I will use them in the future for all my needs. Great customer service and nice people!

Description of Work
They replaced old AC compressor and air handler in attic. Also upgraded insulation in attic.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation

Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you as our customer!

Planet Duct

Planet Duct Air Duct Cleaning is Colorado Springs premier air duct cleaning service. Our vacuum trucks are the most powerful system made for cleaning air ducts. Our NADCA certified air duct cleaning technicians have the knowledge and the tools to get your air ducts and dryer vents truly clean. Many companies try to clean air ducts with cheap portable air ducts cleaning machines or even carpet cleaning truck mounts. Their truck mounted equipment is great for cleaning carpet, but it lacks the power the properly clean ducts. How do we know this? Our company owner also owns Colorado Springs number 1 carpet cleaning company. He would never use carpet cleaning equipment to clean ducts, because he knows they are not powerful enough to do the job. He simply refuses to rip people off or do a sub-standard job with cheap whip and suck systems. When you see the shuttle bay doors open on our trucks and see the huge filtration bags inflate, you will understand why Planet Duct has the right stuff. Planet Duct also offers air duct sealing with AeroSeal and Air Duct encapsulation with Duct Armor to make your HVAC system more efficient.

Offers by Planet Duct on Angi
    Denver Ducts Corp

Here at Denver Duct Corp., we pride ourselves on the highest levels of professionalism and efficiency. Each spring and fall you should take time to make sure that all of your vents are ready for the vigor of the coming season. We live in a world where healthy living has become a way of life. We diet and exercise to make ourselves feel better. We have also taken on environmental issues to make our world a cleaner and safer place to live. Yet the most overlooked issue is the air that we breathe. The Environmental Protection Agency claims that indoor air has been found to be more polluted then outdoor air. Now consider on average people spend 90% of their time indoors... The fact can be quite alarming. Considering that we spend so much time indoors, it makes perfect sense to clean the source of our indoor air quality problems...Our Air Ducts..

Willis Installs

Willis Installs is a professional home cinema installation provider, specializing in Surround Sound Set-up, TV Mounting, Smart Home System installations, Camera Set-up, and Picture/Mirror Mounting. We have wonderful customer service and the clients' satisfaction comes first. Fast service with a knowledgeable background. Willis Installs is owner/veteran operated

El Paso County
    PPRBD
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Installation, Maintenance and Repair of furnaces, boilers, air conditioners, heat pumps, mini-splits, water heaters (standard and tankless), fireplaces, ductless systems, duct work, attic insulation, energy audits, indoor air quality (air cleaners, humidifiers), garage heaters. Residential and light commercial including mobile and manufactured homes.

We do not provide services for RV's, campers or trailers, appliance repair (refrigerators, dishwashers, etc)