High Altitude Heating and Air

Founded 2011 • With Angi since June 2012

1417 Potter Dr #103

Colorado Springs, CO 80909

Our mission is to provide honest answers about heating and air conditioning. To deliver great service to the wonderful people of Colorado Springs and all of El Paso county....

03/29/2022

Cindy M.

Very Poor Experience! I called to have my Humidifier serviced and told the receptionist I had a new tenant who noticed it had a slight drip/leak. I said it's normal for them to drip a little but we haven't had it serviced in a very long time so lets to a through look at it. I said since you are coming out lets check the furnace while you're there. She didn't bother to ask any questions about make or model for either. The repairman arrives only to say, Oh sorry we don't work on your specific humidifier and charged me $99 trip charge to change the furnace air filter. I wasn't charged extra for the humidifier but still, I had two brand new air filters setting beside the furnace which we change regularly ourselves. In fact we were at the house last week and my husband changed the air filter himself. I only had them come in the first place to look at the humidifier. When I called to ask about this, there was absolutely no apology, instead she said, well your humidifier is old. Again, no questions up front as to the age of the house, etc. No offer to reduce the trip charge. I paid $99 to have an air filter replaced that was new. Now I have to call someone else and pay again to have my humidifier looked at. I would not recommend this company - there are plenty of other choices in COS! Disappointing!

Description of Work
Service Humidifier

01/27/2022

Tony V.

Everything went great. David, is the best tech, worker and basically a great guy. Works hard, gives all the information necessary and then some. Whenever you call for any info at all, Bernice will be there for you no matter what the circumstance. You can't beat this team which is topped off by head-man Eric. Great service, great people, can't be beat !

Description of Work
Furnace and Gas Fireplace

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

09/25/2020

JL Z.

These guys are awesome! Super timely and respectful and charge fair prices for their quality of service. Don't hesitate to use them for any of your HVAC needs!

Description of Work
Fireplace, AC and heater service

04/14/2020

Mark G.

Our heater stopped working on a night that temperatures got down to about 13 degrees. I called at 8:15 and they were here by 11, although they could have been here earlier. David and Kaleb did a great job.

Description of Work
Heating went out

03/16/2020

Jacob C.

I was let know right away the problem with the furnance and what it would cost to repair it. Work was done very quickly. I've used this company multiple times for yearly maintenance. Despite a very old furnance nobody with this company has ever tried pushing me to buy a new furnace. Will continue using them.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

10/14/2019

Keith D.

David Allman came to do the repair. He was professional and courteous. Diagnosed the problem, and got our furnace working again. He did such a great job, I signed High Altitude to be our furnace service provider.

Description of Work
Our furnace was not putting out heat.

10/08/2019

Richard R.

We've been happy to work with this team for years. The tech that came out last week really knew his stuff, did a thorough annual check/tuneup of our furnace, was in and out in under an hour, was personable, and answered all questions clearly and knowledgeably. Pricing is quite reasonable; our trust of Eric and his company is priceless.

Description of Work
Annual Furnace service/tune up

09/20/2019

Mike and Tami C.

These guys are honest and professional.

Description of Work
HVAC Tuneup

09/20/2019

Mike and Tami C.

Great company. Professional, friendly and affordable. You can’t go wrong using these folks. They repaired my old system and it now works great. I will use them for all of my HVAC needs.

Description of Work
HVAC Tuneup and A/C repair

09/06/2019

Randy L.

Finding reputable companies is like playing craps, it feels like rolling the dice. However, I've found that looking for companies with well over 100 reviews (locally) that maintain an A+ rating to be one that strives to satisfy its customers. So, that's what I did and how I found High Altitude Heating and Air. I called them and asked if they did work on mini-splits. They said yes and set me up with David who specializes (aka, knows the most about) in mini-splits. They scheduled me and a day before the appointment, send me a reminder email. David showed up in the window of time and did an excellent job diagnosing the mini-split leak. Turns out, the unit was installed using gravity to drain the condensation. That's probably for the best, however, they used the float mechanism (probably came with the unit) as a hose reducer (coupler), meaning it goes into the float mechanism with a large hose and comes out of the float mechanism with a smaller hose. That's a pretty expensive coupler compared to an actual hose reducer. Anyway, it was confusing because we felt like a float should be hooked up to a pump, but we found it wasn't plugged in and there was no pump. The hose used for the mini-split condensation was one of those clear plastic tubes like you might see in an aquarium. The problem with those hoses, is they kink easy and become brittle when exposed to sunlight over and extended period (years). What David recommended and eventually installed was a braided hose (for structural support and, presumably better UV protection). Our first appointment was primarily to diagnose the mini-split leak, then reschedule after parts could be ordered/received to make the repairs. However, since we also have central A/C and a traditional furnace, I asked him to service those units during our first appointment. Which David did with no problem. David said the office would call in a couple days to reschedule once he could locate the parts. They did. David and Adam (being trained on mini-splits) came out a week later to complete the repairs on the mini-split and service those units (2 mini-splits and 1 condenser).

Description of Work
I have a Mitsubishi mini-split system in part of our home. These units have worked wonderfully for well over 5 years, but all of a sudden, water started dripping across the entire unit (out of the louvers). Sounded like a condensation pump problem to me. Clearly something to do with the draining of condensation.

08/30/2019

Randolph S.

Great customer service!!! Adam was professional & did an excellent job!!! We were very happy with our overall experience!!!

Description of Work
Gas fireplace log cleaning.

Category gas logs

08/23/2019

April S.

Honest, professional and on time! Kudos to David. I am unfamiliar with most businesses in the Springs and relied upon other peoples' five star ratings to select High Altitude Heating & Air. I could not be more pleased that I chose them. I anticipated being told that my furnace needed repairs or replacement parts, one because of its age, and two because I am skeptical from prior dealings with dishonest businesses. However, I was told that all is in good working order. What a relief. This total price was a discount for having multiple services on the same day. I elected to pay an additional $50 for three years of discounted parts and services which was also applied at that time.

Description of Work
Furnace & gas fire place inspection and maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,fireplaces,gas logs

06/25/2019

Barbara & Carmen C.

Very good! They were polite, they did a great job and the air condition work was great.

Description of Work
We bought a service package on them, it was for air conditioning and changing of the filter.

06/07/2019

Dale Q.

This company provides excellent service every time! They provide quality work and are very customer service focused. All of the service providers are nice but I especially like David. I highly recommend them for Heating, A/C and fireplace service. I also appreciate the owner, Eric. His leadership and management demonstrate the high standards and desire to maximize customer satisfaction. Thank you!

Description of Work
Annual A/C Maintenance Service (also did Heating in Fall of 2018)

05/29/2019

Karen J.

David at High Altitude Heating & Air is awesome and saves the world one gas leak at a time! During a routine heater and fireplace check, he found a gas leak where a nail had pierced our stove’s gas line about 5-years ago. The nail had stared to come lose and gas was seeping out, but not enough that we blew up before he found it! His first choice of gas dude wasn’t immediately available, his second choice wasn’t available for over a week, and he stayed with me while I made the calls to arrange for us to get it fixed the next day. We are now safe and I want to share that I really appreciate the customer service! I will continue to use High Altitude Heating & Air to care for my heater, fireplaces, and air conditioner! 2019 Update ~ I am so happy to see David (and Adam) again today! Thank you for maintaining our heating and air. Still amazingly grateful for saving our lives last year. As always, amazing customer service!

Description of Work
Heating and Air Conditioning Maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,fireplaces,gas logs

05/17/2019

Patty R.

Dave completed my air conditioning maintenance. He was prompt and did an outstanding job. He is very professional and extremely knowledgeable. Would highly recommend this company and will be using them for all HVAC needs. I also purchased their 3 year contract to save additional money on future maintenance services.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning maintenance

03/19/2019

Patty R.

Was extremely impressed with Dave. He made the necessary repairs to my home humidifier, cleaned and completed diagnostic check of my furnace. He explained in detail what he had done. He was very knowledgeable and professional. Will definitely be using this company for all my future heating and air conditioning needs.

Description of Work
Home humidifier leaking

02/02/2019

Scott K.

Did an excellent job, the flame is too low for our tastes and High Voltage did everything possible to make a better flame. They recommended changing out the interior of the fireplace to improve further but we chose not to. They were very helpful.

Description of Work
Fireplace maintenance and checkup

Category fireplaces,gas logs

12/31/2018

Mary C.

Great work as usual. Will probably change next year’s furnace/ac maintenance to High Altitude.

Description of Work
Annual gas fireplace maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,gas logs

12/11/2018

Jan D.

Andy at High Altitude went beyond our expectations! He was able to diagnose quickly and found simple and very low-cost solutions to our heating problems. We will not be using any other heating/cooling company from now on.

Description of Work
Furnace not going into second stage

11/05/2018

Monica M.

Cleaned and serviced furnace. Checked for safety. Technician was punctual, friendly and pretty thorough. Angie's list special of $80.00 - well worth it!

Description of Work
Furnace Service

11/01/2018

Judith R.

Had this done a while ago but neglected to write a review. We had problems with our gas heater’s pilot light blowing out every time there were high winds since the house was built. Eric assessed the situation and felt the vent was too low below the roof top. The team extended the vent above the roof line, like all the others on our street! They installed a larger water heater with an auto pilot. I had originally wanted to replace the gas heater with an electric one because we were so frustrated with the pilot going out but Eric thought it was unnecessary. Plus the cost to get power into the space would have been high. We trusted Eric and his recommendation and have been pleased to never having the pilot go out since! Thank you!

Description of Work
Venting and hot water heater replacement.

Category water heater repair

10/20/2018

Marvin S.

I called the top 5 companies listed on Angies list (I use them to find quality companies). Due to a very positive costumer response I choice High Altitude Heating & Air (They have the highest "A" ratings overall). David came to our house to complete a diagnostic assessment of why our heating unit was not working. David completed an intensive assessment, explaining each step, he the identified the problem and corrected it. The next time I use this company I will ask for David. I would rate them overall as a "A". Excellent work, Tank You.

Description of Work
Heating Furnace not working

08/15/2018

MARY LYNN C.

It went well. Although I was surprised by the price, after checking around it was in the same ball park. The techs were here when promised and the job was done in one day. It is so great to have my AC back and know it will last. Good guarantees as well.

Description of Work
Needed A/C repaired or replaced

08/15/2018

Milan C.

Great service! Quick appointment, has done excellent job Installing. Very professional and will hire again for a humidifier job.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement

Reliant Electric

Reliant Electric has been family owned and operated in the Colorado Springs area since 2005. We have almost 20 years experience in the field. We are reliable, honest, and dependable. Come to us for all of your electrical contracting needs! Reliant Electric specializes in residential work, panel upgrades and remodels, but welcomes commercial projects as well. The company is fully licensed and insured, and has an "A+" rating with the BBB. We offer free estimates, call today. We look forward to serving you.

Front Range Electric

Give us a call at (719) 239-5683 for all aspects of residential and commercial Electrical work. Including: Panel swaps, replace old wiring, new construction, remodel work, Hot tub wiring, commercial lighting, light install and replacement, and many other kinds of electrical jobs.

Offers by Front Range Electric on Angi
    DR Electric

DR Electric is a licensed Electrical contractor in Colorado Springs, We have a licensed electrician available 24 hours a day for any and all of your electrical emergencies. We are a team of electrical experts specializing in residential electrical repairs, upgrades and remodels in Colorado Springs, Colorado and the surrounding areas. Families and home owners trust us for quality services that are like no other. Military & senior discounts offered.

Offers by DR Electric on Angi