Calibrating Air Heating & Cooling Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2007

4575 Galley Rd Suite 100B

Colorado Springs, CO 80915

"Honest-Reliable Service at a Fair Price" Calibrating Air has been providing exceptional service and high quality installations in the Colorado Springs area since 2001. We feel that it is important to provide you with all the information needed to help you choose the right contractor for your needs. Family owned & operated. Additional address - PO Box 10250, Colorado Springs, CO 80932....

05/09/2022

Andrew O.

I had a furnace installed last year and my AC unit was replaced this year. They go out of their way to provide service above and beyond what I expected. Everyone I've dealt with has been extremely friendly and helpful. Andrew and Devin did the installation and were extremely courteous and professional. I would 1000% suggest Calibrating Air!

Description of Work
Furnace and AC Replacement

07/25/2020

Diane B.

Needed routine maintenance on my HVAC system, and help locating the filter so I could change it - I hadn't been able to find where it went since buying my house last year. 🤦♀️ Brian came out and showed me the basics of what I needed to know as the homeowner and answered all of my questions, and even took the extra step of explaining everything he was doing to service my unit(s?) so I knew what I was paying for. His demeanor alone was so pleasant compared to others who have come to my house to repair something and not said a word to me until it came time for payment, which made me feel like I wasn't sure what I was even paying for. I called again a few days later because my a/c was making a weird noise when it kicked on. Brian came back and found the problem quickly (the capacitor was bad, I believe?) and explained the ins and outs of my options for a quick, less expensive fix VS a more expensive, but longer-lasting fix, so I was able to soundly make my decision without worry. I felt like I could really trust what he was telling me and that he had my best interest in mind. I paid in advance for Calibrating Air to send someone out again during winter to check out the furnace and all that, which is the best option for cost, but also because I feel like I am in good hands. I don't normally leave reviews unless I experience absolutely outstanding service, and this was it! Thank you Brian and Calibrating Air for the great service! My a/c is running great. 🌬😁

Description of Work
Routine maintenance & part replacement

11/11/2019

Jay S.

I called Calibrating Air, who sent a technician within the hour. The technician, Kody T., was excellent. He fixed the problem and said if the furnace had an issue again, that their service fee was guaranteed for 30 days.

Description of Work
Our furnace stopped working today. It was 17 degrees this am. I called our regular furnace and ac service company, and they couldn’t get here until Thursday. Today is Monday...unacceptable!

08/15/2019

Sam C.

They were very fast scheduling the appointment. A technician came out within two days and had our A/C system up and running.

Description of Work
They were very timely, courteous, and professional. He let me know what was wrong and fixed it immediately.

04/05/2019

Bob S.

It was excellent, prompt, professional, neat, courteous. And I will continue using them again.

Description of Work
They did a heating check up and thermostat calibration.

10/17/2018

Joseph C.

Excellent work. The technician, Tom Sandoval, was terrific. He found that the blower had thick caked-on dirt (due to a poor installation years ago). Tom pulled the blower and cleaned it so it looked like new. Tom also determined that the humidifier had a bad water flow solenoid. He replaced the solenoid and water panel (he had to modify the water panel for another manufacturer, since parts for the installed unit were no longer available). Tom also reattached the humidifier wiring that had been disconnected by a previous resident.

Description of Work
furnace tune up and humidifier repair

08/30/2018

Glenn C.

Calibrating Air were the 1st HVAC company called after we purchased our home. Over the last 4 years, they have provided us with top notch professional service. On this most recent visit our technician was was Brandon. Brandon notified us 15-20 in advance of his arrival. Upon arrival, he introduced himself to me, put on his boot covers and went to work, with no disruption to any of the activities in our home. Once completed, he asked about any of my concerns regarding my unit, and explained to me when I was going to need additional work, and how to get maximum use and cost efficiency out of my heating unit. I was very impressed with Brandon and the entire Calibrating Air Staff! I have no plans to leave this amazing company. I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Furnace/Heat inspection

08/03/2018

Corinne G.

They are honest, use high quality products, and do excellent work. In 2011 Calibrating Air installed a Goodman furnace, cost $1755. In 2014 they installed a Rheem air conditioner with a programmable, wireless thermostat, cost $3190. Our laundry room is a somewhat tight space, but they installed all the lines, connections, etc. in a very neat and compact way. We use them for all maintenance and tune-ups. We're having them install a humidifier next month. They now have a "club" in which if you pay in advance for next year's tune-up, you get discounts on tune-ups and repairs, and the length of the warranty is doubled.

Description of Work
Install new furnace and air conditioner with thermostat.

09/26/2017

Gail S. B.

Just fine. Chad was prompt, professional and friendly. It was a year after installation, so it was our last free service.

Description of Work
Annual furnace service

06/08/2017

Bruce L.

Excellent service by Tom Sandoval. He was extremely courteous, thorough, and professional throughout the visit. He took the time to fully explain what he was doing, and why the dual capacitor for the outside unit was nearing the end of its service life. He provided the cost for replacing the capacitor if I was interested in doing so during a follow-on visit, which I will do. Overall, a pleasant interaction as I have experienced throughout several contacts with Calibrating Air over the years.

Description of Work
Normal servicing for air conditioning system before the summer season begins.

05/14/2017

Gail S. B.

They installed our new furnace and air conditioning last spring and the yearly maintenance on the ac and furnace are free for the first year. When I called to schedule the ac maintenance the woman who answers the phone remembered me immediately and was very welcoming. The maintenance was done professionally and he adjusted air flow in three of the vents at no additional charge. This is a great company!

Description of Work
Annual air conditioning maintenance and adjustment of air flow through vents.

02/06/2017

Brandon M.

Employee was extremely professional and respectful. He made sure that I understood everything and was comfortable with the process.

Description of Work
Tuning and certification of furnace.

07/16/2016

Daniel N.

These guys are absolute scumbags and crooks. Their positive ads are solicited from only select people. The truth is, they are wildly unprofessional, deceptive, and shoddy in their practices and work. First, I was put on a show about how honest and high-quality they are. I was quoted a price, and then in the end, charged a higher amount. Second, I was promised work to be done as part of the first quote which, when the workers got here, decided they could not or would not do. Then, after the work was done, (for a much higher price you can get elsewhere), they first tried to sell me on several other higher priced, unnecessary services, then they told me I had to take an entire day off from from to sit around and wait for their inspector. When I told them that it wasn't a possibility to take an entire day off because their inspector was unable to act as a professional and make an appointment, they became belligerent, calling constantly, being incredibly rude and aggressive, and threatening me with illegal liens. Trust me, steer clear of these unprofessional, rude, criminals. There are plenty of good, trustworthy and honest people to do your heating and air.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hey [Member Name Removed], We are very sorry to see this. If you are truly looking to resolve this inspection issue then please return our calls. First I would like to say We [Member Information Removed] an outstanding reputation and we [Member Information Removed] never been called crooks. We were referred to you by your friend. We gave you an honest price for a 2 day job, which you accepted via signature on January 15th, 2016. We performed the work. You paid us and never once gave us any indication there was an issue with our price or quality. We are very thankful for the many positive reviews that we [Member Information Removed] received throughout the years. Anybody can write a review, whether it is positive or negative. All of our reviews were written by our customers. We take pride in the quality of our work, which is why you don't pay until the job is complete to your satisfaction. You signed the final invoice and paid us in full, and [Member Information Removed] not contacted us about anything you felt was "shoddy." We would be more than happy to address any concerns about our work. The scope of our work and the price are agreed upon, before any work is started. There can be no deception with this model. If the scope of work changes between the initial estimate and the start of the hob, then we do not proceed until it is fully understood and authorized by both parties. We would never make a change to the job without your consent. We apologize if anything was overseen at the time of the estimate. We do our very best. Once again our prices are agreed upon before we do the work. We are highly competitive, but we are not the lowest or the highest price in town. We provide exceptional value at fair prices. Now as far as the City inspection process goes. We obtain a permit from Pikes Peak Regional Building Department, which is required for any HVAC replacements or new installs. We complete the job. When the job is complete we ask you for a date that you choose to [Member Information Removed] the inspection. The homeowner is responsible for allowing access to the house by the building inspector. This is never the responsibility of the contractor. We simply don't [Member Information Removed] access to your home. You gave us January 22, 2016 to [Member Information Removed] the city inspectors come out. Both inspectors called you that day with no answer. One of them even left a message. They both arrived a your house that day and put notes on the front door but you were not home. We attempted to get a hold of you on January 22, 2016 & January 27, 2016 to see if we could reschedule your building inspection. We left a message and did not receive a response. We tried one more time on February 2, 2016 an left another message at 5:00 p.m. Two weeks later on February 17, 2016 we decided to send a letter describing our permit inspection policy. It was returned as unclaimed a month later. At this point we made a reasonable number of attempts to schedule the inspection on behalf of PPRBD and the city of Colorado Springs. NOTE: PPRBD and the city of Colorado Springs require permit and inspections on residential and commercial building modifications and additions, in order to ensure that contractors are following International building codes. The inspectors are sent from PPRBD and [Member Information Removed] nothing to do with our company. We [Member Information Removed] no control over their scheduling process. We can only allow the homeowner to choose a date of the inspection. They will give a 30 min. call ahead to help, but they will not give any appointment time or window. We wish we could make this an easier process, but we [Member Information Removed] no control over them. If the inspection never happens, we [Member Information Removed] to prove to a licensing committee that we tried. It is then in the hands of the building department. If they do not receive a response they will start a certificate of non-compliance which is a LEGAL lien on the property. This is not filed by us, but we do try to warn our customers before it gets to this point. All of this info is available on PPRBD's website. As fellow business owners we would like to keep this on a professional level. We do not appreciate the "name calling." Once again we understand your frustration with the city inspectors and we would like to resolve this in any way we can. Please reach out to us to resolve the situation.

05/18/2016

Gail S. B.

Bart did an excellent job of explaining what he recommended and why. He also answered our follow up questions well and was the only contractor who addressed the need to take the altitude into account in choosing a furnace. We're at more than 6,000 feet so that's an importanr consideration. The installers were professional and thoughtful. They did most of the work by going through the crawl space opening in the garage so that they didn't need to be in the house except to install the thermostat and humidistat.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and ducts and installed an air conditioner, an air cleaner and a humidifier.

05/05/2016

Aaron B.

A father and son team, Bart and Brandon, came out and were quick to exchange my old water heater while also being detail oriented. They noticed that the old water heater tank was placed somewhat centrally in my utility room, so they placed the new inches back so as to give my utility room greater space. They also noticed that my copper pipes to the water heater were bent so they replaced that as well with flexible piping to alleviate any stress. They also helped me fill out the extended warranty paperwork on the furnace and all I needed to do was mail it out with proof of receipt. As for my furnace, Brandon cleaned it meticulously. For an older furnace, it looks new again. At the end of the job he took the time to go over all of the important shutoff valves, which he clearly labeled and zip tied to the respecting pipes, in the event of an emergency. He also took the time to answer some of my 5.5 year old's question about how furnaces work, how hot water ends up in the family bathroom sink, and the dangers of carbon monoxide gas and how it's important to have CO detectors. Both Bart and Brandon were very professional and personable. They are very much a family business and it shows in how they treat their customers. I didn't feel that they were rushed at all and I appreciated that.

Description of Work
I had a leaking water heater and Calibrating Air scheduled me within 2 days. They replaced my old water heater, checked and cleaned my furnace, and placed a surge protector for my furnace.

Category water heater repair

03/16/2016

June C M.

I have used Calibrating Air for years, and I've referred them to my friends and now they are extremely happy with them. Everyone in the office treats you like a close friend. I know that they are trustworthy and very honest. They arrive on time, and the work they do is very professional. Everything we have had done is with a permit and the inspector never has a problem. Our water heater was difficult to install because of the tight area and the plumbing had to be reconstructed. After it was installed they went through the house to make sure all plumbing to the sinks in the bathrooms and kitchen were running to their satisfaction, in addition to checking our gas appliances. The price may seem a little high but I opted for the 10 year warranty vs. the 6 year, which most water heaters now come with. There was no extra charge for the reconstruction of the plumbing and having to move the heater to a different area. They always install top of the line products, and offer several top of the line brands. I would recommend them to everyone, and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Installed new water heater.

Category water heater repair

03/02/2016

John W.

It took them probably an hour or hour and a half. We've always been happy with the work they do. They're pretty prompt as far as getting out. They come when they say they're going to.

Description of Work
They checked the air conditioning and added some Freon. They cleaned the unit.

02/27/2016

Michelle S.

The experience is fine. There's nothing unusual.

Description of Work
They come regularly and maintain the furnace.

01/07/2016

Melina V.

I called Calibrating Air when my furnace stopped working last month on a 10-degree day. It was a Sunday, so the call was considered "emergency service," - a competitor estimated a wait time of about 8 hours, but Calibrating was able to show up within the hour. Nick made emergency repairs and got my furnace working, and we discussed the possibility of a total replacement. The furnace began faltering again (it was from 1981 - 34 years old!) so I called Calibrating to do what we had previously discussed - a full replacement and install. The technicians were punctual and professional, and they even fixed a pipe - at no extra cost - that had been installed incorrectly by the previous owner. They were 100% committed to ensuring that everything was correct and up to code. Nick explained my options very clearly before, during, and after the process. Because I ended up having the furnace completely replaced within the appropriate time frame, Calibrating Air even credited some of the emergency repair cost back to me. Rarely do I feel as though a company has my best interests in mind, but Calibrating Air blew me away with their professional courtesy and commitment. They've made me a lifelong customer, and I will recommend them to anyone looking for heating and cooling services.

Description of Work
1. Emergency service on my furnace to get it working on a freezing day; 2. Total replacement and install of a brand new furnace

11/17/2015

Thomas G.

These guys are real pros. Everything went real smooth and met all of our expectations. Cost was very competitive and service was top rate. I would definitely recommend them to others looking for heating or A/C work.

Description of Work
Installed central A/C unit

11/09/2015

James R.

Very well. Nick did an extremely thorough job of checking, testing , and cleaning our unit. Additionally, he explained a few details about our unit that we were unaware of thus helping us to ensure that our furnace remains reliable and functional for years to come. He proved exceptionally knowledgable about our specific high efficiency unit and HVAC in general. Nick is a true HVAC professional and not someone trying to get by. I intend to request that he be the one to service our unit again next season. My highest recommendation for anyone interested in using Nick and Calibrating Air Heating & Cooling

Description of Work
Nick performed the winter inspection and pre season cleaning of our furnace.

10/28/2015

Ellen B. L.

7-15-2015 - Serviced Central AC - Brandon. Courteous, Prompt, Clean Appearance, Explained everything he was doing, Found blower to be filthy from previous owners dogs and cigarette smoke - he took it outside, hosed it off and scrubbed it. Ran diagnostics on AC and Furnace. Cleaned up area when finished. 10-8-2015 - Serviced GFA furnace. Steve. Again as above. Nicky, who answers the phone also pleasant, courteous, etc. Different person this time who also explained everything. Great experience. Cleaned up area when finished. Could not wish for better service.

Description of Work
7-15-2015 - Serviced Central AC - Courteous, Prompt, Clean Appearance, Explained everything he was doing, Found blower to be filthy from previous owners dogs and cigarette smoke - he took it outside, hosed it off and scrubbed it. Ran diagnostics on AC and Furnace. 10-8-2015 - Serviced GFA furnace. Again as above. Nicky, who answers the phone also pleasant, courteous, etc. Different person this time who also explained everything. Great experience. Could not hope for better service.

09/24/2015

Teresa I.

Steve was very professional and friendly and was very thorough! We have used Califbrating Air for years now and will continue to do so! Excellent company and staff!

Description of Work
Full checkup on furnace and humidifier and a full blow out of parts.

08/05/2015

Scott M.

I have to admit that I did not submit this update after the items were installed. You know, life gets in the way. Anyhow, I have to say that my experience with Calibrating Air was better than I could have expected. Brandon came out to give me an estimate that include replacing my furnace and water heater and installing a new air conditioner. His estimate was thousands less than 3 other estimates that I had received and I have to say I was a little leery about the quality that would come with his bid. But after the work was performed, and now a year later, I couldn't be happier. Brandon and his team were very professional, were courteous and clean, and respected my property. It was a major job that took them 2 days to complete and they completed everything when they said they would. I would highly recommend Calibrating Air if you are in the market for a furnace, water heater, or air conditioning.

Description of Work
Calibrating Air installed a new furnace, water heater and air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

07/30/2015

Randy H.

Connie - in the office - was very friendly and made arrangements to our appointment on short notice to meet our house closing deadline. Steve and Tim arrived on time - gave us a fair estimate and left for a short time to pick up supplies before returning to do the work. They spent the next few hours in the hot attic and on the roof making the repairs. When they finished, they cleaned up their work area and took the time to clearly explain the job they had done. We are confident that the job was done correctly and will call Calibrating Air for any future HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Installed two bathroom fan insulated vent pipes in attic and two roof vents for proper ventilation. Previous vent pipes were non-insulated metal flex pipes that allowed water to condense during cold weather and drip onto ceiling, causing problems.

Premier Carpet Cleaning

I am so confident in my cleaning ability that if you honestly don’t feel it was the best cleaning you have ever had I will offer you a full 100% money back guarantee. I carry all of the best cleaning products as well as latest cleaning equipment. If I can’t get it out. Nobody can! I have been in this industry for over a decade and I know what it takes to get the job done right. I have lots of great information on my website, that can answer most peoples questions about the carpet cleaning industry. So check it out and give me a call to schedule today. 719-268-1611 http://www.thepremierclean.com/

Offers by Premier Carpet Cleaning on Angi
    Planet Duct

Planet Duct Air Duct Cleaning is Colorado Springs premier air duct cleaning service. Our vacuum trucks are the most powerful system made for cleaning air ducts. Our NADCA certified air duct cleaning technicians have the knowledge and the tools to get your air ducts and dryer vents truly clean. Many companies try to clean air ducts with cheap portable air ducts cleaning machines or even carpet cleaning truck mounts. Their truck mounted equipment is great for cleaning carpet, but it lacks the power the properly clean ducts. How do we know this? Our company owner also owns Colorado Springs number 1 carpet cleaning company. He would never use carpet cleaning equipment to clean ducts, because he knows they are not powerful enough to do the job. He simply refuses to rip people off or do a sub-standard job with cheap whip and suck systems. When you see the shuttle bay doors open on our trucks and see the huge filtration bags inflate, you will understand why Planet Duct has the right stuff. Planet Duct also offers air duct sealing with AeroSeal and Air Duct encapsulation with Duct Armor to make your HVAC system more efficient.

Offers by Planet Duct on Angi
    GMC Remodeling

Residential and commercial remodeling. We handle all aspects of construction ourselves from tare out to finish trim and painting. Mike Nelson owner operator has been in the construction trades for over 30 years. We focus on one job at a time giving our full attention to your project. Call today for estimate 720-400-1527

on new equipment
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Forced air heating & cooling repair, New installation of central air conditioning and heating. Domestic hot water tank replacement, Indoor air quality products, Electronic air cleaners, Humidifiers,Programmable Thermostats, Ultraviolet light for bacteria control, Odor control.

Boilers, Duct Cleaning, Fireplaces, Toilets, Karate lessons