Scottish Window Tinting

Founded 2008 • With Angi since July 2010

14251 E. Fremont Ave

Centennial, CO 80112

Scottish Window Tinting offers a full line of Vista, Llumar and Enerlogic Solar Window Films. The Company is a part of the Scottish Group of Home Improvement Companies which Includes Scottish Stained Glass and Scottish Home Improvements which have been serving Colorado customers since 1991. Window Film and Window Tinting are ways to reduce energy bills both in summer and winter. In addition the films block over 99.9% of all UV Rays and will therefore help preserve furniture, artwork and flooring. The cost ranges between $7-12 per square foot and provides a payback period generally around 2 years....

03/29/2018

Jillian M.

We hired them to tint a wall of windows in our kitchen at our old house and immediately called them to tint the sliding glass doors and large windows in our new house. They have several levels of tint to choose from, so you don't have to go too dark while still protecting interior wood from the sun. Professional and easy to work with -- I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Tinting windows

04/17/2017

Charles E A.

We used the Angie's List coupon for window tinting services. Sales representative arrived on time as promised, Measured almost the entire house, gave us a firm price, answered all questions, and was responsive to all follow-up questions. We scheduled the project two weeks after the call, but was offered a earlier date which we accepted. Although we changed our scope of work twice, they were courteous and responsive. Installation occurred on time and the installer was professional, good communicator, and efficient. After two weeks we are pleased with the results and are planning to have them complete the West side of our home.

Description of Work
Tinted 23 windows and two sliding doors at our residence.

09/03/2016

Jerry Y.

Fantastic. Very prompt communications, on time and did a thorough job.

Description of Work
Decorative film installed on 4 windows.

Category security windows

05/21/2014

Sarah B.

It was great. Their quote was accurate and equal to everybody else. They showed up on time and cleaned up the area. They just did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
I used the "Big Deal" that I purchased for services of Scottish Window Tinting. I had them do window film on two windows.

11/19/2013

Malou V.

It was good. They did a nice job. There was an additional cost beyond the big deal amount. The total cost of the service was $400.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Scottish Window Tinting for $240. They tinted the windows for us.

10/01/2013

Tressa S.

We used them through a big deal on Angie's List. It was good. We spent more than what we purchased the big deal for because we wanted a couple of more windows done when they were. They did it when they were here. The big deal was for $270. They were great. The person that put the film on was very friendly and quick. We were happy with the service. We feel that it was a little higher on price for the product that we got. It was money well spent to hopefully save money later. With regard to price, I didn’t do a lot of price comparison, so it's hard to say.

Description of Work
Scottish Window Tinting did window tinting for us.

09/30/2013

Greg C.

The quality of the product is very good. The salesman was quick in contacting and showed up early. He was pleasant and professional and we took care of the quote and purchase quickly. My only complaint is that in his measurements he rounded off quite a bit in their favor. The Angie's list deal was pretty good but their usual prices seem a bit high. The installer was on time, was very professional and polite, finished quickly and he did a great job. We chose the darkest tint and are very happy with the results. The tint made a very noticeable difference in the room temps where we had it installed.

Description of Work
Installed tint on numerous windows and doors in home.

09/30/2013

Lindsey L.

Overall I did not think this was worth it. The reviews were fabulous about there customer service but I did not have that experience. I thought the responsiveness was OK in the beginning but once the service was performed the follow up did not happen until I called 2 times. No one ever ended up coming out to check on the tinting as promised and I dont think that the tinting did a lot to improve the temperature of our rooms. For $400 (which was due to $160 of additional cost outside of the deal I purchased) I do not think it was worth it. They said I would see dramatic improvement in the room temperature and we do not but the part that is frustrating is that we did not get the follow up on the service we paid for.

Description of Work
The provider placed tinting on our front windows upstairs

Category window tinting

[member name removed] I'm sorry you have been disappointed in the film. We did actually come out to your home after we spoke a couple of months ago and did a quick energy audit from outside. What we discovered was that the windows we tinted are not where the heat is coming into your home. As you know we tinted bedroom windows on the East side above your garage which are at the highest point in the home. These windows are now performing as they should according to the thermal images we captured from the outside. The film has reduced the heat coming through those windows by 70%. However, we discovered that the rest of the windows on the lower levels of the house are allowing heat through the glass which is then presumably rising into the bedrooms on the upper level. In addition I think the ceiling insulation between the garage and the bedrooms could be checked. The ceiling and wall insulation in homes built in the 1960's will sometimes get compacted and lose effectiveness. As a company we have now installed hundreds of thousands of square feet of film and we have never had a disappointed customer before. We will be attempting to contact you again to look at the results of our findings. I know you and Mike played phone tag when trying to set up a time. If you are still unhappy we will offer to remove the film and give you a full refund.

09/19/2013

joe H.

works great temp down 29 defgrees

Description of Work
tinted office windows

09/12/2013

Linda K.

salesman was very helpful and explained options well. The installer was very professional and courteous. I realized that the darker tint that I had purchased was just too dark for me. They came out immediately to remove the film and install a lighter tint at no charge. I am very pleased with the film now and would certainly recommend this company.

Description of Work
installed window tint film on picture window to protect furniture and carpet

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal

Window Film, Window Tinting, Residential Window Film, Commercial Window Film, Security Film, Graffitti Film, Solar Window Tinting, Solar Window Film.

Auto Tinting, Auto Film.