We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Dixon's Custom Home Solutions

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2002

2795 McCracken Lane

Castle Rock, CO 80104

David Dixon and his wife Reagan began their construction company in 2002. All work is performed by David and we never use subcontractors. We provide our customers a high quality and reliable product with responsive and dependable customer service.

06/10/2021

Catherine B.

I can't say enough wonderful things about the work of Dixon Home Solutions. They took our ugly old basement and turned it into the best floor of our home. Dixon provided framing, drywall, insulation, painting, electrical and even plumbing services. They helped coordinate our entire HVAC upgrades and ductwork. They designed and built an amazing three-piece bathroom for us with a shower that feels like it belongs in a spa. They even helped with the selection and installation of a cedar barn door and a unique access door for our crawl space. I was so happy with the work they've performed that we've already booked them for a complete kitchen remodel and installation of hardwood floors. Cannot recommend them highly enough!!!

Description of Work
basement remodel with shower

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

12/02/2020

Peggy K.

Great! We had Dixon's help with two different projects. The first was a broken water pipe in basement with dry wall repair. David came out during the Covid stay-at-home order but with a broken water pipe it had to be fixed. The second job, we needed a new entry front door. Dixon's were very helpful with helping me find the right leaded glass that I wanted. Ordering things online and not being able to see exactly what you are getting is very hard. David was able to assist me with that. Both David and Cory were very professional and did a great job. With both projects, David explained exactly what was wrong and needed to be fixed at each step of the project/s. The best thing is that they do the work themselves - no subcontracting. I would highly recommend Dixon's Home Solutions! We definitely will use them again!

Description of Work
Entry Door Installation and pipe broken in basement with dry wall repair.

Category drywall, plumbing, remodeling, doors

10/29/2020

Catherine B.

We were so thrilled with the work Dixon Home Solutions has done for us that we've already hired them for our next project. They remodeled our 1980s drywall stairway with oak treads, wrought iron spindles and beautiful wood newel posts. They also helped us convert an unused dining room into a stunning home office, and they assisted us with some additional drywall work. They have wide ranging expertise in all the areas with which we need help. They were professional, prompt, helpful and delightful to work with. We are so looking forward to their help in transforming other spaces in our home.

Description of Work
Stair remodel, drywall, general construction

Category remodeling

10/29/2020

Laura S.

Dixon's are out go-to contractors for pretty much everything. from small projects to big remodels. Their work is top quality and they never let us down.

Description of Work
Handymen and General contracting

Category handyman service, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

10/24/2020

I had a problem with a toilet that caused damage to the subfloor when it leaked. I decided when I got it repaired that I wanted to get tile installed to replace the linoleum, plus a new vanity installed. This meant replacing the big builders mirror and ugly light that went over it. I already had the tile and vanity when I requested quotes and was clear when I requested quotes what I wanted. Both of the other contractors who bid tried to upsell me into doing something with the tub/ shower, which just wasn't in the budget. David, however, took me at my word and bid just that. Once I accepted his bid, he was able to fit my little job in a few days later. They were able to do everything in 3 days and it looks amazing. I'm very pleased with the job.

Description of Work
Bathroom repair and remodel

10/24/2020

Craig R.

Our upstairs bathroom leaked and ruined some parts of our dining room ceiling. Dave and Cory did a fantastic job with new drywall, texturing and painting. They kept the area clean and dust free. :)

Description of Work
Fix damage to dining room ceiling because of upstairs bathroom leak.

Category appliance repair, drywall, interior painters

09/28/2020

Matt M.

David and Corey were outstanding! Amazing communication and quality work all around. Highly recommended for anything you need updated around the house.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

08/11/2020

Joyce G.

We were very pleased with Dixon's work. They were totally dedicated to our project and completed it, uninterrupted, within a matter of days. With no sub-contractors, we had consistency throughout the project. The level of professionalism and expertise was exceptional. I was particularly impressed by their personal commitment to excellence, coupled with their willingness and persistence to meet the customer's expectations. I would highly recommend Dixon's to anyone looking for a reliable, transparent and highly experienced remodel contractor.

Description of Work
We removed granite and tile backsplash and replaced with a tile backsplash with a special design. We removed a lighting bulkhead and repaired drywall. Painted drywall repairs and entire ceiling. Replaced under-cabinet lighting with LED's and installed 4 new pendants. Wired and installed 2 new lighting sconces and upgraded electrical outlet covers and dimmer switches.

Category electrician, remodeling, home remodeling

07/01/2020

David K.

Excellent general contractor...provided detailed estimate of cost and completed project within the time estimate. They provided quality work and we are very satisfied with the outcome.

Description of Work
Laundry Room and Bathroom Remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling

06/02/2020

Sonja B.

The work was on schedule. There was some additional work after the project started and all was performed well and on-time delivery. Professional and honest.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

05/27/2020

Claire M.

Fantastic job! When an issue came up with our original plan, David offered me three different solutions, with estimates and pro/cons of each. He and Cory were incredibly thorough in their attention to detail, and combined efficiency with genuine friendliness. Kendall and Reagan at the office were also wonderful to work with. I will absolutely keep them in my contacts for future work - I'm already thinking of the next project down the road!

Description of Work
Soundproofing a condo

Category drywall, remodeling, interior painters

05/01/2020

John & Teresa M.

Every thing done to highest performance. Definitely would use them again

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodtel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

02/05/2019

William M.

It took two and a half months to get them in for the repair work but I was totally satisfied with the results. I will use them again for remodeling work in the future.

Description of Work
This job was to repair drywall and paint because of an inside plumbing leak.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

08/23/2018

Steve E.

I re-hired Dixon's again to update my guest bathroom. They did a fantastic job and were very reasonable. They are very trustworthy, and did a lot of the work while I was not home. the job was reasonably priced and done very well. I am very happy with the work, and will definitely recommend to others.

Description of Work
Guest bathroom tile, paint, window install and fan install

Category ceramic tile, electrician, replacement windows, ceiling fans, interior painters

07/03/2018

Terry B.

Beyond expectations! We had sales pitches from a couple of other bath remodel companies that use sheets of materials to replace tile and they were more expensive and less desireable than what we ended up with using Dixon's Custom Home Solutions. Mr. Dixon came to do the initial estimate. He listened carefully to what we wanted, made some very intelligent suggestions, and submitted his bid. The quality of his person sold me initially and my wife was way impressed upon their first meeting. We supplied the wall tile, floor tile, grout, new bath fixtures(optional), and Mr. Dixon and his partner did the demo, and then installed plumbing, electrical, tile, grout and exhaust fan vent through the roof. Very concientous about dust and dirt. Very personable people to work with. Tried to be as unintrusive as was possible doing an upstairs hall bath remodel. The quality of the work accomplish exceeded our expectations. Mr. Dixon's attention to detail is most impressive. We consider that the value for what we received was beyond our expectations. We will be recommending Dixon's to as many people as we can. You don't often experience such honesty, intergrity, trustworthiness, and craftsmanship as you work with providers in the home improvement industry; not that they are not present. Mr. Dixon made it a point to have casual conversation with us at different times. During this process we were absent from our home during extended periods during the day. Our home was consistently treated with respect and concern for its contents. The work was accomplished ahead of schedule. Everything was cleaned up. Mr. Dixon walked us through the project for inspection and explained all that was accomplished. He even noted a very insignificant flaw in one wall tile that he had taken pains to correct. Class act!! We look forward to working with Dixon's on an upcoming hardwood floor install on a stairway and upstairs hallway.

Description of Work
Hall bath partial remodel (new flooring, new tub, new tub/shower tile, install exhaust fan)

Category handyman service, home remodeling

06/06/2018

Velda S.

We had a great experience with Dixon's Home Solutions. David and Cory were a pleasure to work with. Our bathroom looks beautiful. Hope to have them back to remodel our other bathrooms.

Description of Work
Replace tile, shower and tub in bathroom.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

05/04/2018

John C.

I'm so pleased with our new bathroom! Not only is the work top notch, but I had & have complete trust in them (gave the code to my door to him with no worries at all). They're going to be do some more work to a different bathroom soon, and when we do our kitchen, I'm going straight to them . I can't say enough good things about them!

Description of Work
Complete Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

05/03/2018

Amy K.

Dave and Corey were great to work with. Very professional and personable. We had them do a pretty wide variety of work, from adding a room to a finished basement (with a pretty complex herringbone floor pattern), to installing marble tile in a bathroom, installing an intricate travertine backsplash in the kitchen, canned lights and pendants in the kitchen, and a variety of other smaller tasks. All work was high quality (Dave is the owner, and is involved in all of their projects. He takes a lot of pride in his work, and it shows in his results). Pricing was great (we compared them against several other bids), especially considering the quality of their work. I highly recommend Dixon's Custom Home Solutions, and will be using them for future projects myself.

Description of Work
Add room to basement, refloor bathroom, kitchen lighting and backsplash, various other things

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, siding, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

04/18/2018

David Carlsen J.

We are so happy with the work done by David and Corey. There were some unforeseen conditions and issues that came up during construction, due to the house being an older home, and they did a great job at controlling those added costs. Very fair. Their professionalism and quality of work is next to none, and we would definitely consider hiring them for our next home project. Great to work with and would definitely recommend them for your project!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

02/12/2018

Steve E.

The bathroom re-model was scheduled and the team did in on-time and on-budget. They were very professional, had a good eye for detail, and worked well with me when decisions needed to be made. I am very happy with my new bathroom and am very appreciative of the professionalism.

Description of Work
Bathroom re-model

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, replacement windows, home remodeling

02/05/2018

Joseph L.

Dixon is repainting the entire interior of my house, 2,500 square feet. Replacing a hardwoods floor and doing minor repair work on an exterior fence and chimney. Mr. Dixon is a rare gem in the construction/contractor business. His handshake means something to him and he keeps his word. We will definitely be using him in the future.

Description of Work
General Maintennce Work

Category drywall, fencing, handyman service, hardwood floor, chimney repair, skylights, interior painters

10/25/2017

Kay W.

We contacted several contractors. Some said that they could do the work. Then hear nothing. Some wouldn't show up when they said they would. Then I found Dixon on Angie's List. I'm glad I did. Not only did they show up, they were very insightful about how to tackle the job. One of the key things was to build an enclosure to retain and hold the dust. This was critical to keeping the rest of the house dust free and spare my HVAC. The final result is that the entry is back to or better than the original construction. I have some other projects that I'll be asking for help in the near future.

Description of Work
We had some large stone blocks cemented to an archway in to the dining room. Previous owners wanted to have the dining area look like a cave entrance. We found this depressing looking and inappropriate in a house. So, we asked Dixon to remove the stone, repair the drywall and restore the entry to it's original state.

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering

10/20/2017

Paul L.

Did great! Very knowledgable about what needed to be done. Provided an accurate and reasonable quote and sticked to the budget. Did it in a timely manner and very professional.

Description of Work
They repaired my deck by adding supports, replacing railings and updating the gate.

Category decks, handyman service

10/20/2017

Gary C.

On time, fast efficient, and friendly. Procured replacement part is less than 20 minutes. Whole job done including picking up parts in less than an hour. Vacuumed housing and tested. Ba da boom, done. We will keep his number for any other projects that come up

Description of Work
Replace Bathroom vent fan

Category handyman service

10/19/2017

Betsy Z.

The pergola is beautiful. The shower looks like new. Workers were on time and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
The pergola in the back yard needed a new roof, as heavy snow had collapsed the old roof. We also needed a new shower structure in our master bathroom..

Category decks, handyman service, home remodeling

Iron Bison Construction

Iron Bison is a 3rd generation construction company. As licensed contractors with hundreds of years of combined experience in all facets of construction, we are focused on providing impeccable service and attention to detail. With our staff of architects, designers, and skilled tradesmen. We serve our clients in the Denver area, as well as our Mountain communities. It's our unique, innovative designs, along with our craftsmanship and the attention to detail on every project we do, that sets us apart. Our work has been featured in multiple magazines and publications.

5280 Outdoor Designs

At 5280 Outdoor Designs, we specialize in designing and building great custom decks, shade covers and outdoor kitchens - everything you need to move outside. Our designers and craftsmen are the best in the business and can handle any project, large or small. From initial consultation and design through project completion, we are with you every step of the way. The team will guide you through each step of the process to ensure a finished product that you'll love and enjoy for years to come. We've been designing and building fabulous projects in Colorado for over 20 years.

Award 2022
    Vivax Pros

Vivax Pros set the standard for house painters in Colorado by dedicating ourselves to serving clients. Vivax is a trusted home improvement contractor and unlike many other companies, don't accept payment or deposits until you and a Vivax Pros employee have inspected the job. We specialize in exterior painting projects and offer a couple add-on services including gutter and wood replacement. Exterior Painting Areas Served: Arvada, Aurora, Centennial, Cherry Hills Village, Commerce City, Denver, Edgewater, Englewood, Federal Heights, Golden, Greenwood Village, Lakewood, Littleton, Morrison, Northglenn, Thornton, Westminster, Wheat Ridge, Highlands Ranch, Longmont, Firestone, Frederick, Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, Greeley, Brighton, Castle Rock, Parker, Broomfield, Louisville, Superior, and Stapleton Awards 2-Time Inc. 500 Winner, Denver Business Journal 4-time fastest growing companies, Colorado Companies to Watch Top 50, Super Service Angie's List Award, A+ BBB rating, Lead Certified, Best of HomeAdvisor Award Winner.

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
    LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Bath, kitchen & home remodels, rotten window repair & replacement, interior carpentry, trim, doors, siding, deck construction, plumbing, electrical troubleshooting, drywall installation & repair, laminate, hardwood & ceramic flooring installation.

Window washing, complete roofing jobs, Concrete, fencing, landscaping, tree trimming & removal, Christmas light hanging, Appliance Repair, exterior siding, & Decks and Porches.