McAdams Plumbing

Founded 2009 • With Angi since February 2010

6343 W 120th Ave

Broomfield, CO 80020

Full Service Residential Plumbing Company including drain cleaning. We are Fully licensed and insured with over 38 years experience....

03/08/2019

Judi K.

They did a phenomenal jobs, they are very trustworthy,they always do the work very quickly. they're a little bit pricey and high.

Description of Work
They repaired a Break on the main water line, and main water valve

08/30/2016

chet F.

Rick showed up within 15 minutes of my call on a Friday morning. Not knowing what was going on (my husband works out of town) I really relied on Rick to guide me with the problem and the solution. Unfortunately, all of my plumbing was plumbed wrong and needed replaced along with a new water heater (that was dangerously connected with water running in the electrical part of the heater). Rick was booked up all day Friday and asked if I could wait until Monday. I told him I would rather not go the weekend without water and he immediately said "OK tomorrow it is", called the office and scheduled for 9:00am. He showed up on time, prepared and as other reviewers said loved my dogs! My plumbing looks beautiful now and I have found myself a plumber. Thanks Rick!!!

Description of Work
Water heater line broke in half.

Category plumbing,water heater repair,drain cleaning

08/02/2016

Tom G.

My experience was great. They were professional from the initial call to schedule the appointment all the way through until the job was completed. They communicated when the plumber would arrive and Chris was prompt and efficient to quickly identify the problem.

Description of Work
We had water leaking from main floor shower. They found the source of the leak. Had to cut the drywall in basement to see where it was coming from.

07/03/2016

Billy H.

McAdams tried to do $400 of unnecessary work when all that was required was 5 minutes to replace a $9 part. The Vacuum Breaker Assembly was leaking from the top of my outdoor yard faucet. I paid $40 to have a plumber from McAdams Plumbing come out and look at the problem. I turned on the faucet and showed him the water coming out of the anti-siphon valve on top of the faucet. He told me that the faucet had previously frozen and we needed to replace it. He said we needed to rip out the dry wall from our finished basement to gain access and that the plumbing job would cost $400 and we would need to hire someone else to replace the drywall. After my next door neighbor told me he thought it looked like an easy fix I did a quick google search on how to fix a leaking anti-siphon faucet and found out that it's a 5 minute fix with a $9 part from Ace Hardware. It turns out that this is a common problem that any plumber would be familiar with. I bought the part and did the job myself in 5 minutes and everything works fine now. I just had to unscrew a lid with my hand and take out the old plastic part and drop in the new one. It's a common problem and the part is designed to be easily replaced. Anyone could do it. I'm not pleased that McAdams charged me $40 just to come out and didn't tell me what the real problem was. I think the plumber should have taken care of this easy quick fix right then. Instead he told me to pay $400 more to have them make a much more expensive repair that was not needed. It seems they either lied to me or are horribly incompetent. If my neighbor didn't clue me in, I probably would have ended up making the expensive repair and never have know I'd been ripped off.

02/18/2015

BERNARD R.

Two bathroom sinks and kitchen sink quit draining late on a Sat. morning. At about 3 pm, after trying to fix it myself, I checked Angies List and called McAdams Plumbing. Chris said he could have someone here in about 90 minutes and explained what the charges would be including $85 extra for a weekend job. He called me back with an ETA and Chris (a different one) showed up right on time at 415. He assessed the problem and told me where he thought the problem was. He snaked out the drain line and made sure everything was working. He got the kitchen floor a little dirty and I thought about giving him a "B" but it was a late call on a Saturday and he is a plumber cleaning out a drain line, not a housekeeper, so I gave them all As. Good work

Description of Work
Snaked out a drain line.

Category drain cleaning

11/21/2014

Loi N.

McAdams customer service was great at first. They told me that the price would be up front and rates were and quot;standard.and quot; So I asked them to come by and do a couple of jobs for me. The first job was to install a new faucet piece in my bathroom. The job took around one hour and I they charged me $385.00. I thought the price was a little high but I went ahead and got it fixed. The second job was to fix a garbage disposal at my rental property which included a $45 trip charge. When he got there he found out there was a loose wire. It took him 2 minutes to fix it. He initially told me the $45 trip charge was good enough. Later a customer service agent called me back and said they had to charge me another $85 for a minimum job charge. I was very unhappy about this. Not only that I was charge the additional $85, but they also tacked on the $45 for a total of $130 for 2 minutes worth of work. Most companies deduct the trip charge if you proceed with the work. This companies adds to it. Overall, I was satisfied with the work. However, I will not calling them do do any more work for me. Prices are very expensive and they charge additional for trip charges. I felt more like a cash cow than a customer.

Description of Work
I called McAdams for plumbing services for my home and a rental property. I had a a faucet that would not dispense hot water. The garbage disposal at my rental property was not turning on.

06/08/2014

Diana K.

Great - we would use McAdams again for any issue with the plumbing - they were fast!

Description of Work
snaked kitchen sink - unstopped

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for the great review. Our goal is to continually ensure your satisfaction with our company. If there's ever anything we can do for you in the future do not hesitate to call. We'll be here. All the best!

05/29/2014

Heather O.

They were very professional in scheduling a visit for the very next day after I called, and were willing to make a specific appointment time rather than offering a large window of time. Because the rental house was located in Broomfield where they are based, there was no trip charge. They discovered that the problem was as simple as debris that had collected in the aerator. They cleaned it and were on their way, no charge, and followed up with me by phone to let me know the results. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Helped troubleshoot low water pressure in the kitchen sink in our rental home.

05/06/2014

KRISTINA H.

I called McAdams to replace several leaky valves and they were able to send someone out the same day (great!). The plumber arrived reaking of cigarette smoke which I find off putting as a non-smoker. Showed him the valves that needed replacing - two of the valves were easily accessible in an unfinished portion of the basement, the third was slightly harder to get to, but a relatively simple fix since it had an access panel. I had tried to help out by earlier shutting off the main water supply and opening the faucets to drain the pipes prior to him arriving (to help speed the work). In all, its an hours worth of plumbing work and I estimated the parts to cost around $40 retail (That is what I would pay from home depot - since I checked before calling). The plumbing work was all in standard copper piping in the house, so nothing too difficult to work with.He wrote up the quote and gave it to me to sign (not really explaining the itemized cost) and I noticed he quoted the job at $750! Breaking down to $350 to replace a 3/4and quot; copper shutoff valve, and $315 to replace two exposed 1/2and quot; washer valves (plus the a $35 travel charge). I refused to have the work done and ended up having to begrudgingly pay the $35 trip charge. I ended up getting another company to come in a do the work for $225 (which charged a more sane $100/hr for the plumbing work, and the remainder for parts/travel). So McAdams tried to charge me $525 extra for the work!I can only assume that McAdams tries to take advantage of people in need for plumbing work by charging ridiculous amounts for their work - or possibly they supplement their income by quoting high and taking in a lot of and quot;trip chargesand quot; from homeowners. Either way, I find their style of business distasteful, unprofessional, and would never recommend them to anyone. Unless you like paying exorbitant prices, avoid McAdams plumbing!

Description of Work
I called them to replace several leaking valves, but refused the service due to the ridiculous quote.

04/28/2014

Kerry H.

Rick - a master plumber, arrived on time. Was very courteous, and loved our little dog Roscoe! He explained what was wrong with the elevation of the toilet and that it would need to be re flanged before resetting the toilet. He replaced an outside spigot that had been damaged last summer. Rick was very efficient and thorough. I would definitely trust him for any repair or information/advice I might need in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced an outside spigot and advised about toilet reset

Sanders & Johnson Inc

Hometown Heating and Air Conditioning Here at Sanders & Johnson, Inc. Heating and Air Conditioning we have been providing Denver with heating and air conditioning services since 1977. We offer a full range of heating and air conditioning services from installations to repairs. Our team here at Sanders & Johnson like to live by the motto of honest work for honest prices, and we will never try to pressure you into any expensive products or services you don’t need, or don’t want. Interested in learning more about what Sanders & Johnson, Inc. Heating and Air Conditioning can do for you? Give us a call today at 303-422-6606 and speak with one of our highly skilled HVAC technicians. Why Choose Sanders & Johnson At Sanders & Johnson we have nearly 40 years of experience managing heating and air conditioning problems of all sizes. It doesn’t matter if you simply need to get a filter cleaned out or if you want to install a brand new efficient furnace and smart thermostat, we can do it all. On all new installs one of our original owners Jim Sanders or Dan Johnson will personally come out to your home and provide you with a completely free estimate for the installation. As one of the few Denver HVAC companies still owned and operated by its original founders, Sanders & Johnson knows just how important each and every customer is. Without you the customer we wouldn’t be able to do what we love, because of this we guarantee that we’ll never try to pressure you into expensive parts or services that you don’t really need or want. Give us a call today for your free installation estimate at 303-422-6606. An HVAC contractor in Denver you can count on is a quick phone call away! Honest work for honest prices Have you ever had someone come over for what seemed like a pretty straight forward job, next thing you know they’re trying to up sell you on every single item. Then you end up paying several hundred dollars for what really should of been a fifty dollar job. No one likes that.

Offers by Sanders & Johnson Inc on Angi
    Euro Plumbing

Contact Euro Plumbing for your water heater, garbage disposal, faucet, sinks installations. We have the best price in town, licensed, insured, background checked and all work is done professional! As a full service Master Plumber, Dimitar Kostarev is a true professional with more than 10 years experience in the plumbing business. We react when you need us, get your request right and get it DONE right!!! Our goal is to provide personalized service to every house we walk in!

Robert Meza

HVAC, general repairs, maintenance, in business since 1982. Family owned and operated. Some other stuff about things a few other things.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, American Express

You can consider McAdams Plumbing your residential plumbing, sewer, and drain cleaning professionals offering: water heater repair and replacement, tankless, water cop installations,drain cleaning, sinks, toilets, faucets, replace/repair, garbage disposal, water service, digs,etc. We are family owned and operated and based out of Broomfield. We work hard to develop long-lasting quality relationships with our customers, we want to be your plumbers for life. The Proof is in the Plumbing!

Septic install, septic inspections, septic pumping, new home construction, commercial services.