PLANET PLUMBING & DRAIN

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2010

729 Walnut St

Boulder, CO 80302

Planet Plumbing Y Drain offers plumbing, drain, sewer, and water heater services for residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Boulder County, Broomfield County, Weld County, Jefferson County, Adams County, Arapahoe County, Douglas County, and Denver CO....

03/17/2020

Christopher G.

Mark from Planet Plumbing is a great guy who does good work. The job was done as scheduled for the quoted price. The blockage in the line appeared to be concrete or aggregate that had gotten lodged. Despite a bit on the machine braking, a second effort using a tougher bit was successful.

Description of Work
As part of a series of issues with a bad general contractor, sewer clean outs were not capped during their installation. Consequently, unknown construction debris got into the line. Previously, I had to dig a water glass and some foam out of the line.

Category sewer cleaning

10/04/2019

Michael B.

Planet Plumbing responded quickly and performed the necessary repairs in a quick and professional manner at a reasonable price. I'd recommend them

Description of Work
A water pipe burst

01/09/2018

Sean T.

Such amazing work! Justin and Mark are the BEST! I called Planet Plumbing at a friend's suggestion after my first plumber was a no-call, no-show. I live in a building where if you want any serious plumbing work done the whole building needs its water shut off. After the first plumber didn't show I called Planet thinking they'd just come out, look at the problem, give me an estimate, and we'd have to schedule another time to have the work done. But Justin and Mark took one look, knew what needed to be done, and had the whole thing fixed in less than an hour and before the scheduled time the water needed to be turned back on. I had been trying to fix this problem for more than a month, dealing with the building's management, trying to find the problem myself, and using different plumbers. I should have called Planet Plumbers FIRST. Justin and Mark did an amazing job, were quick, professional, and were a pleasure to have in my home. They are invited back any time! I will call Planet Plumbing FIRST next time. Lesson learned!

Description of Work
I had a leaking faucet in my main bathroom tub that needed both a new stem and a new seat. Building maintenance couldn't get the seat out of the pipe for the life of them and thought I'd need to break through the wall and replace the entire faucet system. Planet Plumbing proved them wrong and did an amazing job!

09/07/2017

Claudine C.

Planet Plumber - Kyle arrived on time and got to work immediately. He removed the old dish washer and the price was more than $100. less than Applewood. Kyle knew what he was doing! He had installed dishwashers before, many times, got the job done, and was out of there in no time. It helps to have an expert do the job!

Description of Work
After Home Depot failed to install a new dishwasher I had just bought from them, I called Applewood. I had used them before. They refused to give me an installation estimate on the phone. After waiting all day, being told the price would be $385. I sent him home. I was still charged a $69. service fee as they Once Applewood left, I called Angie's List, called Planet Plumber and within 20 minutes (not days) they were at my door.

01/16/2017

matt H.

Called and asked them to help me with a drain line leak. Told them what the problem was. Scheduled appointment window 4-6. Arrived at 6:30 but called to say he was running late. No big deal. Problem was when he arrived he was only qualified to snake a drain line not fix the leak.

Description of Work
drain line leak

10/15/2015

Ryan L.

I had remodeled the rest of the bathroom but didn't have the right tools to finish this toilet installation myself. I first called Planet Plumbing and they gave me some sound advice over the phone and a rough quote. However I called another plumbing company to come out to the house because I had a coupon (thinking it might save me some money...that turned out to be wrong!). When the other company came out they initially quoted me three times what Planet Plumbing had quoted. So I made a few more calls and Planet Plumbing was far and away the cheapest. Not only did Planet Plumbing arrive that same day and on time, they plumber, Mike, was very friendly and personable. He listened as I described the details of the situation and what I had already tried, clearly explained the work he was going to do, and told me it would cost exactly the same as what I had been quoted over the phone. He also had no problem with me watching over his shoulder as he did his work since I wanted to learn. He also found an access point for my main sewer line and cleaned it out at a very reasonable cost. When all was said and done I paid $200 less than what the other company had quoted and got twice the number of services. Plus Planet Plumbing provided a free 90 day guarantee on the work they did so I feel quite good. Planet Plumbing will be the first place I call for any future plumbing issues.

Description of Work
They install a new toilet that had a non-typical setup and also cleaned out my main sewer line.

Category plumbing,sewer cleaning

05/06/2015

Benjamin B.

I found Planet plumbing after they repaired a burst pipe in a townhouse I was renting. They did a good job and the bill seemed reasonable so after I bought a house, I figured I'd use them to install my water softener. When I spoke to them on the phone, they told me a water softener would be about $150-$200 to install which seemed reasonable. I scheduled an appointment on a Thursday and stayed home from work to meet them. They missed that appointment and said they tried to call but I don't get cell reception in my house. I rescheduled for Saturday. Again after staying home and waiting for the plumber to show up, he called right at the end of the appointment window and said he was on his way and would be there in an hour. Unfortunately I had to leave at that point so I again rescheduled for the following day. This guy showed up on time but after I explained to him what I needed done, he quoted me $700 for the job (as compared to the $150-$200 I was told on the phone). That's a ludicrous amount of money for a simple job. I asked why it was so much more than was quoted on the phone and he mumbled something about an extra $100 charge for coming to the mountains. I live 12 minutes from downtown Boulder! It takes longer for them to get to Louisville than to my house. I am extremely disappointed with their inability to keep appointments and the fact that they clearly were trying to rip me off. Maybe some of their guys are better than others but I'd avoid them.

Description of Work
Planet plumbing sent over someone to give me a quote on installing a water softener.

02/09/2015

Brenda S.

Easy service call to make, showed up when expected, explained the job and what to expect, knowledgeable and amiable guy to work with, took just over an hour once it all started. A relatively straightforward job done totally smoothly. 100% will use again.

Description of Work
Replacement of two taps in laundry room, one of which had started to leak badly/

01/23/2013

Lisa M.

Sean did excellent work and went above and beyond to insure that the work was to our liking. I would definitely work again with Planet Plumbing.

Description of Work
Planet Plumbing changed out some outdated pipes in our basement and replaced two P-traps that hung too low.

11/27/2011

Tom B.

Two plumbers arrived to repair my hose bib on the side of my house in Boulder which was leaking. They replaced a cracked washer in about 5 minuts and charged me $165.00. They told me their price just went up from 120.00.I had thought this plumbing company was an exception to those extremely chargy plumbing companies which seem to exist to take advantage of people. Apparently this company is no exception. Opportunistic is the work I would apply. I had used them over the years in the past and had thought they were different - and I believe they may have been at one time. In this experience however I was extremely disappointed and somewhat angry. I left a message for the owner, Steve regarding this situation but he never bothered to return the call. My advice is to steer clear!

Description of Work
Two plumbers arrived to repair a leaking hose bib on the outside of my house which they did.

PureWater Plumbing and Water Purification

PureWater Plumbing and water purification specializes in water treatment and water heaters. Rather you want a traditional tank water heater or a tankless water heater we do them all. We also offer state of the art water treatment systems with a lifetime warranty. Don't be had by unlicensed people doing work in your home. We are licensed and we pull permits on every job so you know the job is being done right. With over 50 years combined experience PureWater Plumbing and Water Purification is your one stop for all your plumbing needs. We are a locally owned and operated business and we spend little in marketing and advertising so we can pass those savings onto you.

Sanders & Johnson Inc

Hometown Heating and Air Conditioning Here at Sanders & Johnson, Inc. Heating and Air Conditioning we have been providing Denver with heating and air conditioning services since 1977. We offer a full range of heating and air conditioning services from installations to repairs. Our team here at Sanders & Johnson like to live by the motto of honest work for honest prices, and we will never try to pressure you into any expensive products or services you don’t need, or don’t want. Interested in learning more about what Sanders & Johnson, Inc. Heating and Air Conditioning can do for you? Give us a call today at 303-422-6606 and speak with one of our highly skilled HVAC technicians. Why Choose Sanders & Johnson At Sanders & Johnson we have nearly 40 years of experience managing heating and air conditioning problems of all sizes. It doesn’t matter if you simply need to get a filter cleaned out or if you want to install a brand new efficient furnace and smart thermostat, we can do it all. On all new installs one of our original owners Jim Sanders or Dan Johnson will personally come out to your home and provide you with a completely free estimate for the installation. As one of the few Denver HVAC companies still owned and operated by its original founders, Sanders & Johnson knows just how important each and every customer is. Without you the customer we wouldn’t be able to do what we love, because of this we guarantee that we’ll never try to pressure you into expensive parts or services that you don’t really need or want. Give us a call today for your free installation estimate at 303-422-6606. An HVAC contractor in Denver you can count on is a quick phone call away! Honest work for honest prices Have you ever had someone come over for what seemed like a pretty straight forward job, next thing you know they’re trying to up sell you on every single item. Then you end up paying several hundred dollars for what really should of been a fifty dollar job. No one likes that.

Offers by Sanders & Johnson Inc on Angi
    Robert Meza

HVAC, general repairs, maintenance, in business since 1982. Family owned and operated. Some other stuff about things a few other things.

Plumbing installation and repair, drain cleaning and repair, sewer cleaning and repair, water heater installation and repair.