We accept remote payment

Geek for Hire Inc - IT & Tech Support

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2007

2525 Arapahoe Ave Ste E4-243

Boulder, CO 80302

Geek For Hire provides computer troubleshooting & repairs for Mac's and PC's. Onsite in the Denver/Front Range area and remote service throughout the country. With extensive experience and in-depth knowledge in both hardware and software set-up, service, and troubleshooting, we’ll get you back up,

09/14/2021

Maria S.

The tech came over & looked at the computer. He told us that the issue could NOT be resolved. Even so, he lingered around for a while and charged the full hour (+tax) without providing any solution or even a path to resolution. A complete waste of money & time. I would recommend a PLACE THAT CHARGES FOR SERVICE, NOT FOR FAILURE!

Description of Work
Our computer could no longer connect to wireless due to the internal computer path, not to the internet access at the house. When we described the issue over the phone, we were told that it was a known issue and could be resolved.

03/30/2019

Cherry S.

My printer stopped working due to a router issue. Chris figured out quickly what the problem was and fixed it. He then made sure there were no unforeseen problems with my computer and ran some updates. He's very knowledgeable, quick at analyzing problems, and can figure out anything. I'd highly recommend him. I had received an email good for $20 off his service and was able to use it toward this.

Description of Work
Chris fixed problem with my printer

Category computer repair, internet service

02/16/2019

J G.

Went really smoothly. First time I have used someone that I did not know prior. All other work has been done by people I knew at work. Gail responded quickly to my voice message and scheduled me for the next day as Chris would be driving past my area. He was thorough, explained all steps he was taking and why. Several things were identified as creating speed “drags” and discussion followed with why and what to do. I was happy with the outcome, machine works much faster. I also changed my virus protection at his suggestion. Would definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Laptop computer; running slow, tune-up and check for viruses

09/09/2018

C S.

Fantastic. Chris arrived right on time. He fixed the problems promptly and efficiently, explained everything to me. I highly recommend Geek for Hire for both PC and MAC users.

Description of Work
My MAC had a " browser hijack". I requested he install anti-virus software too, which I am very happy with.

07/19/2018

Pamela W.

No issues with the service but was late based on the time frame that I was told.

Description of Work
Review both computers and assess as to viruses and clean up as necessary.

06/28/2018

Nan S.

Outrageously well for 10 years. Chris Eddy, principal geek, has remote software and can (if you agree) see your screen to fix your problem almost anywhere you are in the world. He is an expert in computer security, encryption, low cost or free (very effective) virus protection software. Chris has exceptional experience from designing entire computer systems for Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and individuals. Professional, responsive, affordable and friendly!

Description of Work
Install a vpn on Mac and iphone

Category computer repair, computer training, internet service

06/23/2018

Roger L.

Speed increased Problem with connect to internet appears fixed Advertisements removed Virus protection installed

Description of Work
computer tune up

06/22/2018

Leslie D.

I thought I understood the problem, and I had been troubleshooting for a couple of days, but it turns out I was completely wrong! Chris arrived and identified the *real* problem extremely quickly (why did I wait to call him?), and solved it equally as quickly. Additionally, he explained everything to me all the way through, so I learned a lot about my network set up. He also gave me some really good advice about some future plans I have for adding some technology services to my house and I intend to call him when I am able to start that project. Overall, the service was impeccable; there is absolutely no one else I would call.

Description of Work
A computer all of the sudden stopped connecting to the internet.

06/08/2018

Michael D.

Excellent. Chris was methodical, thorough, and time-efficient. After diagnosing the problem, which took the first hour, he asked how we could proceed, presenting options that included doing nothing, repairing the computer, and finally, his helping me select and procure a new computer--the option I chose (which he did much faster than I could have). All in all an entirely satisfying transaction. I would recommend Chris wholeheartedly to anyone needing to solve a computer issue.

Description of Work
Diagnosis of slow computer performance.

06/02/2018

Bradley P.

Chris with Geek for Hire provided excellent service and training. He was very thorough and careful. His explanations were very clear and helpful.

Description of Work
Need assistance switching to a new photo app. My previous app, PICASA, has been discontinued and I need to migrate photos to Google Photo and I also needed basic training on Google Photo.

Category computer repair, computer training

05/22/2018

Peter S.

Chris was responsive and on time. He works efficiently and tolerates my wide ranging questions regarding computer systems and their optimization.

Description of Work
Computer virus scan and clean up. System clean up

05/20/2018

Bill C.

The unique and unusual situation was solved and annual wellness check completed.

Description of Work
Issue with latest windows 10 upgrade and lost dual monitors & Wellness checkup

Category computer repair

Thanks for the review. I’m so glad we were able to help so quickly!

05/19/2018

Trudy M.

Chris Eddy is an extremely knowledgeable tech and fixed the problems with my computer in an efficient, timely manner at a reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Anti virus and internet problems

Category computer repair, internet service

Thanks for the kind review - Chris was happy to help!!

10/09/2017

George S.

Chris showed up, I explained our issues and his went to work, He did a great job and all our issues were resolved. We are very happy and highly recommend Chris.

Description of Work
We had some major networking problems throughout our house & property. I also needed help with a new computer and migrating my data from my old computer.

09/25/2017

Jane A.

Chris Eddy was prompt, methodical with calm very pleasant demeanor. Very knowledgeable. "Patient!"

Description of Work
Added memory & "cleaned things up".

Category computer repair

[Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to be able to serve you! Best wishes, Gail Eddy Geek For Hire, Inc.

02/24/2017

Julie B.

I was impressed with his response time and very satisfied with his service. I believe next time my wifi goes down I will be able to fix it my self!

Description of Work
My printer quit working. He helped me select a new one. He explained advantages of both toner & ink jet systems. My wifi was down and he brought it up and explained what to do if it happened again.

11/10/2016

Robert H.

Chris Eddy has been to my home office several times for complex and unique computer issues and always resolves them.

Description of Work
Laptop and DSL/wifi troubleshooting and software/network repair.

11/07/2016

Arlene A.

Mr. Eddy is a very intelligent on the computer Geek. He/asks questions, needs, what your need are for your computer, excellent. Never talked only to ask a question for your needs.

Description of Work
Clean up my machine of un-nessary junk-backed up all my important info hooked up my printer added eset to my computer, that I had paid for & didn't know that it wasn't put on my computer.

09/14/2016

David Y.

2nd time called in last 5 years or so.

Description of Work
Fixed cracked computer - prompt, reliable, on time, totally competent, and personable.

08/12/2016

Shelley K.

Chris came within an hour of my call! He lessened to my concerns & systematically evaluated & fixed the problems. He explained everything as he went & asked my preference before he made changes.

Description of Work
I had upgraded my computer to windows 10 and then wouldn’t access anything. Chris fixed the problem and I was back in working order w/ everything in fact & w/ windows 10.

David M.

I was transitioning from a PC to a Mac and I wanted a professional to ensure my files were transferred properly, particularly my emails and their folder structure. I probably could have done this myself but, given the importance of the files to me, I didn't want to take any chances. Chris decided to take a shortcut to 'save time' by transferring my MS Outlook pst files directly from my PC's hard drive to my Mac's hard drive, instead of exporting them using MS Outlook's feature. This was a huge mistake. I spent many hours unsuccessfully trying to import the pst files into the MS Outlook program on my Mac. When I tried to troubleshoot with Chris over the phone, he could not resolve the issue and advised me to contact Microsoft support. I then had to spend an additional $125 with Microsoft technical support before the problem was resolved. And the problem was that Chris had not exported my pst files properly in the first place. It's extremely disappointing. If I pay someone as much as I paid him, I expect the job to be done properly.

Description of Work
Transitioned my files from PC to Mac, including setting up Mac.

Sharon B.

Chris was prompt, explained things clearly and gave me options.

Description of Work
My computer wouldn't start. Chris found a power problem in the motherboard. He said it could be fixed but based on the age of the computer, he recommended a new one.

Teresa F.

Knowledgeable. Punctual. Efficient. Professional. Humorous. Would have preferred knowing of the extra trip charge upfront; plus process took longer than I anticipated.

Description of Work
Transferred files on hard drive to new computer; downloaded anti-virus, troubleshooted, etc.

Barbara F.

Chris has done work for me before and I totally trust his judgement and he is available for discussion. On time, very personable, excellent work.

Description of Work
Corrected multiple problems on desktop and laptop computers.

Dixie P.

Chris Eddy was punctual and very professional. He corrected my computer as requested. I was pleased with his service.

Description of Work
Laptop tune up, wireless card repair, Blue tooth device driver repair, and hard drive check and cleanup with antivirus software.

My Computer Works

Ken Lacewell Wiring - custom communications wiring

"The Other Cable Guy!" Now serving Colorado! Cord Cutters, you've come to the right place! I service everything from TV antennas and satellite dishes to Ethernet and telephone. I specialize in fished and concealed wiring, and I can also help with TV wall mounting. I offer free estimates within my normal service area, and accept major credit cards. Call, text, or email, for appointments or more information.

Mike's Computer Repair

Please call Mike at 480-580-9648. I opened Mike's Computer Repair (480-580-9648) in 1994 with the desire to provide honest, reliable and friendly computer services in Maricopa County and across the United States. I provide on-site computer repair at your home or office for any problems or upgrade issues you may be having. I am also able to use remote access software to control your computer and address problems without having to visit. Not sure what to do? Call 480-580-9648 and It will always be Mike that answers the phone! 480-580-9648

Internet Service
    Computer Training
    Computer Sales
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

IT and Tech support, Data recovery, virus, adware, spyware removal, computer performance issue resolution, accurate problem isolation, fix problems & install software, repair & replace, wireless network, setup of new entertainment unit & computer.

Website development