Geek for Hire Inc - IT & Tech Support

Internet Service
Computer Training
Computer Sales

We accept remote payment

Geek For Hire provides computer troubleshooting & repairs for Mac's and PC's. Onsite in the Denver/Front Range area and remote service throughout the country. With extensive experience and in-depth knowledge in both hardware and software set-up, service, and troubleshooting, we’ll get you back up, running quickly, and at a fair price....

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
Stella Technology Services

We strive to make technology work for you! Tired of fighting with the technology in your "dumb" smart home??? I want to fix whatever is giving you problems and get everything working for you, not against you. I won't talk to you like an idiot, I will put things in your terms and present the possible remedies. I won't take payment unless you are satisfied and I have helped you in some way. If it is out of my scope, I will be glad to recommend someone and relay your information free of charge. I am not here to take your money, I enjoy helping others live happy with the technologies of today!

Ken Lacewell Wiring - custom communications wiring

"The Other Cable Guy!" Now serving Colorado! Cord Cutters, you've come to the right place! I service everything from TV antennas and satellite dishes to Ethernet and telephone. I specialize in fished and concealed wiring, and I can also help with TV wall mounting. I offer free estimates within my normal service area, and accept major credit cards. Call, text, or email, for appointments or more information.

09/14/2021

The tech came over & looked at the computer. He told us that the issue could NOT be resolved. Even so, he lingered around for a while and charged the full hour (+tax) without providing any solution or even a path to resolution. A complete waste of money & time. I would recommend a PLACE THAT CHARGES FOR SERVICE, NOT FOR FAILURE!

Description of Work
Our computer could no longer connect to wireless due to the internal computer path, not to the internet access at the house. When we described the issue over the phone, we were told that it was a known issue and could be resolved.

03/30/2019

My printer stopped working due to a router issue. Chris figured out quickly what the problem was and fixed it. He then made sure there were no unforeseen problems with my computer and ran some updates. He's very knowledgeable, quick at analyzing problems, and can figure out anything. I'd highly recommend him. I had received an email good for $20 off his service and was able to use it toward this.

Description of Work
Chris fixed problem with my printer

Category computer repair,internet service

02/16/2019

Went really smoothly. First time I have used someone that I did not know prior. All other work has been done by people I knew at work. Gail responded quickly to my voice message and scheduled me for the next day as Chris would be driving past my area. He was thorough, explained all steps he was taking and why. Several things were identified as creating speed “drags” and discussion followed with wh...

Description of Work
Laptop computer; running slow, tune-up and check for viruses

09/09/2018

Fantastic. Chris arrived right on time. He fixed the problems promptly and efficiently, explained everything to me. I highly recommend Geek for Hire for both PC and MAC users.

Description of Work
My MAC had a " browser hijack". I requested he install anti-virus software too, which I am very happy with.

07/19/2018

No issues with the service but was late based on the time frame that I was told.

Description of Work
Review both computers and assess as to viruses and clean up as necessary.

06/28/2018

Outrageously well for 10 years. Chris Eddy, principal geek, has remote software and can (if you agree) see your screen to fix your problem almost anywhere you are in the world. He is an expert in computer security, encryption, low cost or free (very effective) virus protection software. Chris has exceptional experience from designing entire computer systems for Fortune 500 companies, small busines...

Description of Work
Install a vpn on Mac and iphone

Category computer repair,computer training,internet service

06/23/2018

Speed increased Problem with connect to internet appears fixed Advertisements removed Virus protection installed

Description of Work
computer tune up

06/22/2018

I thought I understood the problem, and I had been troubleshooting for a couple of days, but it turns out I was completely wrong! Chris arrived and identified the *real* problem extremely quickly (why did I wait to call him?), and solved it equally as quickly. Additionally, he explained everything to me all the way through, so I learned a lot about my network set up. He also gave me some really go...

Description of Work
A computer all of the sudden stopped connecting to the internet.

06/08/2018

Excellent. Chris was methodical, thorough, and time-efficient. After diagnosing the problem, which took the first hour, he asked how we could proceed, presenting options that included doing nothing, repairing the computer, and finally, his helping me select and procure a new computer--the option I chose (which he did much faster than I could have). All in all an entirely satisfying transaction. I ...

Description of Work
Diagnosis of slow computer performance.

06/02/2018

Chris with Geek for Hire provided excellent service and training. He was very thorough and careful. His explanations were very clear and helpful.

Description of Work
Need assistance switching to a new photo app. My previous app, PICASA, has been discontinued and I need to migrate photos to Google Photo and I also needed basic training on Google Photo.

Category computer repair,computer training

IT and Tech support, Data recovery, virus, adware, spyware removal, computer performance issue resolution, accurate problem isolation, fix problems & install software, repair & replace, wireless network, setup of new entertainment unit & computer.

Website development