SG Services

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2008

When it comes to your home or business, you want to hire the best contractors to complete maintenance, repairs, and installations of essential equipment. With SG Services you get a trustworthy electric, plumbing, and HVAC contractor all in one. We’re able to complete work in any of these areas for

4.3

electrician (32)plumbers (4)HVAC Companies (4)drain cleaning (1)air duct cleaning (1)water heaters (1)

06/10/2021

Michael B.

repair waterline in swamp cooler in the roof.. replace cooper line and install new one.

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

02/03/2021

Justin D.

I spoke with Slawek over the phone and he sounds nice and professional. He asked me to send him a few pictures via text message to get a quote. I did. After that, I never heard back from him. I followed up twice after two days and no response. I wish he can respond to me even he decides not to take the job.

Description of Work
Replace a water heaters

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

05/10/2020

Julio R.

The SG point of contact Aaron was very knowledgeable and a true professional. He discussed all our options and was flexible with our time schedule. Showed up on schedule and time. The cost was reasonable compared to other estimates. Performed a great job!

Description of Work
Replaced the furnace and AC system.

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

04/28/2020

Jody W.

They called me back the same day I put in the inquiry. That was on a Saturday, and they came out the following Tuesday and did the work.

Description of Work
They added three outlets to our unfinished basement.

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

06/10/2019

David L.

There service was prompt, professional and friendly and the technician was knowledgeable and thorough. He determined we just needed a new compressor motor start capacitor. We had another company (also from Angie’s List) come out and check our A/C unit and they said we had a bad compressor and parts would be hard to find for our 13 year old unit, so we would need to get a new A/C unit for $4800-$7000. Did their technician not know it only needed a start capacitor, or was he just trying to make a big sale?

Description of Work
Our A/C wouldn’t come on and cool.

05/06/2019

Aaron M.

They answered the phone immediately and set up an estimate. The estimate was on par with the other estimates I had gotten. The gentleman doing the estimate and explained what he could do for our house and improving out air quality. The day of the job, the installers showed up on time. They were very neat and clean and respected my house. Once done with the job they showed me what they had done and explained the system. They installed Bryant equipment and I'm very satisfied with the performance. I was very happy with the over all experience and will use them for other things (Electrical and plumbing) and of course anymore of my heating and cooling needs

Description of Work
New Air Conditioner

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

02/19/2019

David L.

They had a technician to our home within 90 minutes. He did a thorough inspection of our system and cleaned a sensor. As luck would have it, even though we cycled the furnace several times the screeching problem did not repeat. The technician was very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. If the problem comes back, we will definitely call SG Services again.

Description of Work
Our furnace fan was making very loud screeching noise when it came on. After hearing this happen multiple times , we shut off the furnace and called for service.

01/06/2019

Scott H.

I called today for an estimate, someone answered the phone, I said I was looking for a quote on a heavy up, and they hung up on me.

Description of Work
called for an estimate

Work Completed On 01/06/2019

12/30/2018

Jerry J.

John responded quickly and showed up on time. He was very knowledgeable and offered a fair price. We have already hired him for another project. I guess that’s the best recommendation.

Description of Work
220 v outlet for new hot tub

Work Completed On 12/30/2018

11/07/2018

Randy M.

Very good. They were on time, professional and efficient.

Description of Work
They changed out a number of light switches, light fictures and smoke detectors.

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

10/31/2018

Dorothy C.

It was fine. It was a little too much for two people to work for a small job.

Description of Work
They upgraded the wires and the lighting fixture in the kitchen.

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

10/09/2018

Adrian M.

Turned out there was need to re-pipe the connections from the copper exiting the wall to 't's' and shutoff valves to the washer and faucet. Was quoted $800 for parts and labor. I did the work myself for $150 in parts...very expensive labor in my opinion.

Description of Work
Faucet replaced on laundry tub sink

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

10/08/2018

ALAN L.

Didn't fix it. Had to call another plumber to do the repair.

Description of Work
Faucet repair

Category electrician, plumbing

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

09/26/2018

Erik S.

About a half hour of wiring that needed to be re-done.

Description of Work
Wiring Switches and Dimmers

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

09/18/2018

Clydene H.

Went very well the electrician was very professional but friendly and even updated the ceiling electrical box at a additional affordable price to make current and safer. The total price for the project was within our budget.

Description of Work
Electrical remove kitchen ceiling fan with light and replace with new fixture (purchase else where).

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

08/11/2018

MARJORIE P.

Michael listened carefully to my explanations, offered some professional advice, and then scoped what turned out to be a disconnected sewer line. Michael confirmed a line was disconnected, he answered a lot of other questions that helped me understand what is going on with plumbing on that side of my house, and gave me some tips to keep it in working order, so I'll call the cost "the price of education".

Description of Work
sewer scoped, questions answered

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/03/2018

07/07/2018

Dan D.

Great service! Answered phone at night, gave us an appointment for the next morning. Prompt, courteous and knowledgeable technician. We will definitely use SG Electric again.

Description of Work
Smoke alarm/carbon monoxide detector installation

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

05/07/2018

Jerrell H.

Electrician was punctual and courteous. He was also very knowledgeable and gave me insight into future projects I have been considering.

Description of Work
Dimmer switch install

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

11/27/2017

M. C. S.

Of all the contractors we used SG Electric was the most prompt, professional and effective. They met their schedule and stayed late when they needed to finish things up. As an example, a framer shorted the line to the whole house A/C unit and SG Electric came out same day and diagnosed, located and fixed the problem in the time it took me to walk them downstairs. Their attention to detail was fantastic. They put down plastic over a finished sink to collect the dust and cleaned up after themselves. They made many, many insightful recommendations regarding placement and types of lights. SG Electric also fixed mistakes made by the other contractors including digging out an electrical outlet covered by the sheet rockers. This was on a finished wall after mudding and texture. They located and cut out the outlet perfectly. Given the challenges with the other contractors, the quality and care of their work made SG Electric a great deal. They got everything done right the first time! When I messed up with the location of a switch box they were able to fix it and make it work. When the inspector didn't know the rating on a switch box and asked for it to be changed SG Electric didn't hassle about it and fixed it to the inspectors request the next day. (Though they did point out to me the box rating, the manufacturers specifications and the code requirements. They were right! But they also recognized the dynamics around working with inspectors and took care of it. They really, really know their stuff!) With all the challenges of managing a construction process in our own home, SG was the easiest to work with and most effective contractor we have used. Simply the best! I'm going to update with photos later... Just wanted to get this posted.

Description of Work
We have been finishing out our unfinished basement with the following: full bath, two bedrooms, entertainment room, reading nook, utility room, kitchenette. Our electrical requirements were for several sets of three way dimming LED switches, ceiling fans, panasonic heater/vent/fan/light, with outlet placements for both low voltage (CAT 6 data cables), a sub box and plenty of outlets.

Work Completed On 11/27/2017

06/05/2017

Jerrell H.

The owner was very prompt and courteous. He actually taught me a few things about our electrical system. Additionally, he gave me some good tips on how to approach some future projects in the house. He seems like an honest, hard working guy, and I would plan to use him again for our upgrades.

Description of Work
He installed several dimmer switches, fixed a fuse box issue, and changed a lightbulb on a 20 foot high chandelier.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

04/24/2017

Jenifer K.

FANTASTIC! Slawek is very knowledgeable (my dad's an electrical engineer so I knew Slawek knew what he was talking about) and he gave me a great estimate. Two of his electricians performed the work. They were efficient, knowledgeable, and performed the work without a problem. They also cleaned up after the work was done so there wasn't a trace left of them being there. They also ALWAYS removed their shoes when they walked into my home (as did Slawek_; very nice touch!

Description of Work
Installation of kitchen lights, chandelier, and lighted fan.

Work Completed On 04/18/2017

03/18/2017

David S.

Excellent, I called at 830 and had this sort of long job to perform and they said between 11 and 1 they would arrive. I got home at 1115 and they had already been there 10 mins. Super personable worker and just did a great job. Extremely competent work and that's coming from an engineer that builds electrical gear all the time for aerospace, would hire them in a flash without hesitation. The best electrical contractors i've EVER dealt with in 20 years.

Description of Work
Needed a ceiling fan installed and needed two circuits run from my main box into my garage

Work Completed On 03/18/2017

01/28/2017

Brad M.

I called Slawek to fix a GFCI outlet. He was able to show up within two hours of our call. He quickly trouble shot the problem being an outlet down line that had shorted out and melted due to a loose connection. He replaced both the GFCI outlet, due to it being the wrong type, and the melted one. He was very professional and friendly.

Description of Work
We had a GFCI outlet not reseting.