Ace Resurfacing

Founded 1994 • With Angi since February 2006

Serving all of metro Denver and surrounding areas since "94". Only top of the line products with craftsmanship second to none. Sole proprietor, no subcontractors doing the work. Do it once, do it right. Reglazing Bath tubs, sinks & tile. Repair & regrout tile. Install safety non slip bottoms & grab

bathtub refinishing (50)tile installation (5)home remodeling (3)handyman (2)

12/09/2020

Terry M.

It went great I couldn't ask for a nicer and more professional person to work with.

Description of Work
Bathtub Resurfaced

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

12/30/2019

nancy M.

he did a great, professional, reasonably priced and timely job. i would recommend him for anything he is willing to do.

Description of Work
resurface kitchen sink

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

12/27/2019

Jeanne D.

Lloyd did a great job and had some great recommendations. He was very professional too.

Description of Work
reglaze bath tub

Work Completed On 12/26/2019

07/25/2019

Qin Z.

We have this old condo that is 90 years old. This is out second time refinish it. Loyd is the best. We couldn't believe how great it looks. Now I have found my bathtub refinish guy! Thanks so much!

Description of Work
Refinish an old bathtub

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

06/06/2019

Susan O.

Loyd was highly ethical and explained my options in detail. He recommended a lower cost approach than I had anticipated, due to the manufacturing defect in my bathtub which he could not correct. I feel he is highly professional. And does a good job as well!

Description of Work
Asked about bathtub resurfacing

Work Completed On 06/06/2019

05/30/2019

Sherri C.

When Lloyd came and looked at the shower pans he felt they were in really good shape, just some mineral deposits from the water that I couldn't get clean. He told me he didn't think that he would need to resurface them, and thought just a deep cleaning would bring them back to life. He cleaned 2 shower pans, and a tub that also had some mineral deposits in them. He gave me some hints on how to clean mineral deposits going forward. We also asked his advice on a jetted tub, which helped us make some decisions about replacing it or not. Lloyd did a great job, was fair and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Resurface 2 shower pans.

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

05/04/2018

Craig B.

Amazing! What a great job Loyd did! I am so glad I called him. This was a lot of work for him, but it just looks fantastic, like brand new or probably better. It's super white and shiny. Can't believe I waited so long.

Description of Work
Bathtub Refinishing

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

04/09/2018

Mauricia F.

Lloyd was prompt efficient and cleaned up after, tub looks brand new and he explained future cleaning instructions

Description of Work
bathtub resurfacing

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

04/02/2018

Andrew K.

Loyd was great! Was able to match the color exactly and now our old worn out sink is new again, ready for another 100 years. He also repaired the original toilet tank lid that had major chips in it. Perfect. And he was great to work with!

Description of Work
Resurfacing a 100 year old sink

Work Completed On 03/22/2018

12/11/2017

Tom M.

Went great. Loyd was very professional and courteous, showed up on time and actually was able to get the tub cleaned up and with a couple patches had it looking like new without having to resurfacing the whole thing! Would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Needed a tub resurfaced

Work Completed On 10/19/2017

08/14/2017

Thomas M B.

Loyd did an excellent job. He worked hours getting the bad refinishing job removed. (his standards are high) He also re grouted several tiles near the edge of the tub that were loose. The finished product was very nice.

Description of Work
Old tub, mostly with a bad diy refinishing job. It had paint runs and drips, bubbling and discoloring. Also had wall tile in awful colors refinished as well, around 80 square feet.

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

07/08/2017

Tianna H.

Not good. He showed up and rather than giving me an estimate, he began dismantling the shower handle. He called me and told me that I need to have a plumber come fix the shower handle and valve because it was broken. A plumber had been there hours before confirming that everything was in good working order and it was only some tile that needed to be repaired. I have photos of the shower handle being in good condition prior to Loyd's visit. Loyd left property and was hostile and aggressive over the phone. He did not offer to pay for damaging the property. What was a small tile repair has turned into a large, costly repair. I now need to replace the entire valve since the shower handle style is too old to simply replace. Very costly. Still trying to reconcile this issue. He refuses to take responsibility.

Description of Work
An estimate for repairing tile damage in the shower

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 07/01/2017

07/03/2017

Carol F.

Loyd did a fantastic job stripping off the old paint, pulled out the caulk (lots of it) and re-grouted and recaulked. The tub looks brand new. He knows what he is doing, was punctual, communicative and takes pride inhis work. I just had him re-do another tub. I highly recommend. His prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
I needed the tub refinished in my bathroom. The ugly original pink was showing through the tan paint, it was filthy and the tile job around the tub was bad so there was lots of caulk instead of grout.

Work Completed On 07/03/2017

04/17/2017

Lei P.

When I first called Loyd to set up the appointment to come out & look at refinishing our tub, he was very kind, had me explain the tub, what damage it had, etc... I explained that it was the original 1964 cast iron tub, we were redoing the bathroom so all the tile is torn out & there had been a shower door glued to it all these years that we removed but it left a lot of adhesive behind. He said not to touch it, don't try to remove the adhesive because it could take the porcelain with it, he has a special system to remove it safely. He also asked about the condition of the drain cover & overflow valve & said to replace them before hand if corroded. He also gave me a few tips to give our tile guy & said to get that done before having the tub refinished. I set an appointment for him to come out the following week. Well the tile took a day longer so we had to reschedule the tub repair but Loyd was very understanding & flexible. He knew we were in a time crunch to get it done & made sure he left time in his schedule for us. When we were finally ready for him, he was right on time & got right to work. The tub turned out beautifully. There was a spot on the back of the tub that needed touched up & he came back out a few days later & fixed it no problem. I appreciated how thorough he was with his questions on the phone during our first initial call & also how kind he was. The tub looks brand new! And for the cost it was WELL worth it. With proper care the new finish should last another 50 years he said. I'm so glad we didn't have to replace this original, beautiful tub!

Description of Work
Old tub needed to be refinished

Work Completed On 03/24/2017

Review for Ace Resurfacing - 19146 E Oxford Dr, Aurora, CO - 34936479

04/02/2017

Michelle N.

It worked out beautifully! The tub looks better than I had expected and really looks better than when it was installed. He was professional and driven to perform at the highest standard (besides he liked the resident cats).

Description of Work
Loyd came out, looked over the tub and worked all day. There was a speck of dust that had gotten into the surface of the tub and he requested that he come out the next day to make the correction. There was a hole in the tub and scratches all over the surface from a new tiling job.

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

03/27/2017

Sally F.

Loyd did a great job for us. He gave the estimate for the cost and length of time and he met Them both exactly. He cleaned up the bathroom nicely every night so we could still use the rest of it and was very detail oriented. He even went to a special plumbing store to find new drain cover that would work in our old tub. We are very pleased with his work and will absolutely use him for our next bathroom refinishing.

Description of Work
We needed our tub and the tile around the tub refinished.

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

01/07/2017

Joe B.

After speaking with two other services, I chose to hire Loyd for this. He was very prompt, courteous, and answered all my questions in advance. Unless you knew there was repair performed on this tub - you would not know! He also offered a much longer warranty period, and was less expensive, than the other two companies I talked to. Thanks so much Loyd!

Description of Work
I had a 3/4 inch chip in my tub from dropping something heavy on it. The tub was overall in great condition, and it did not need a complete resurface or replacement.

Work Completed On 12/30/2016

10/20/2016

Paul W C.

Lloyd is a true professional. He was a good communicator, efficient, thorough, & very clean. He helped us get the plumbing fixtures off the tub that we were struggling to accomplished before his arrival. He noted that the original caulking on the tiles were cracking so we agreed to his suggestion to recall before starting the re-glaze process(+$90). We are very pleased with the results and very pleased with the service. His 20+ years of experience truly came through in his work. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Reglazed both tub & tile in bathroom.

Cost $825.17

Work Completed On 10/19/2016

Indranil D.

I hired Lloyd to fix a botched crack repair in one of my bathtub. Although it was one crack repair, he said he charges a 2 hr minimum, I respected that since he was upfront and clear about it.Usually when the reviews are short, it indicates no problems encountered. He was prompt in response, explained the charges properly, came on time, did his job, did exactly what he told me he was going to do. He was in the house for just short of two hours which tells you the level of detail he took to fix one crack. When I went to take a look, there was no hint of any damage. The surface looked pristine like nothing ever happened.That is good enough for me. Professional, courteous, does what he claims and pays attention to detail. HIGHLY recommended!!

Description of Work
Refinished botched crack repair on bathtub.

Work Completed On 12/17/2013

David H.

Previous tub refinishing by another company looked awful after 4 years. Rather than replace the built-in cast iron tub I wanted to try one more time, with a different company this time. Lloyd was totally professional in his approach to the job, and in the results he produced.

Description of Work
sanded down previously refinished tub and applied new finish

Work Completed On 09/03/2014

Shannon K.

Loyd was wonderful. When we initially called, I didn't know exactly when we would be ready for refinishing or if we also would be doing our countertops. He came over, gave us estimates for every scenario and provided some much needed advice for some of our cabinet-related projects. Several months later we called to tell him we would just be doing the bathtub. He fit us into his busy schedule so we could get the house on the market as soon as possible. I definitely will call him again should I need anything else resurfaced.

Description of Work
Refinished a bathtub so it looks new again.

Work Completed On 05/09/2014

03/26/2016

Kimberly E.

Lloyd did a really professional job. I have an older condo, and I'm pretty sure if my tub is not original, its very close. It now looks new and sparkling. Lloyd took great care to control the odors from the process as much as possible, and left my bathroom in pristine shape. I am very happy with his service.

Description of Work
He refinished my tub and replaced the drain and overflow

Work Completed On 03/25/2016

07/20/2014

Cindy B.

Loyd arrived today to strip and resurface our bathtub. Due to age of the tub and using it to wash out dog, the tub floor had become cracked and peeling. Loyd came on time, provided insight to what he was going to do and the time it was going to take. He was professional, nice and did a great job. Our bath tub is currently drying and looks fantastic. I would definitely recommend him to anyone and have forwarded his information to our realtor with the same reference.

Description of Work
Stripped and resurfaced our bath tub.