Fix-it 24/7 Plumbing, Heating & Air

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2012

Family owned and operated since 2013, Fix-It 24/7 is your go-to source for all your plumbing, heating and air repairs and upgrades. Serving the entire Denver Metro Area, we can take care of all your household needs, no matter their simplicity or complexity. At Fix-It 24/7, we take pride in

4.4

4.1

HVAC Companies (28)plumbers (9)drain cleaning (3)water heaters (3)electrician (3)well & water pump repair (1)

10/17/2022

Jeff W.

THIS CONTRACTOR INTENTIONALLY SCAMS ELDERLY PEOPLE! They came out to look at my mother's HVAC unit, and instead of addressing the (minor) problem, they suggested installing a cheap 'electrostatic' furnace filter (IAQ Ranger)... for $1946! This is a $100 part at most (and was probably a 'leftover' when COVID scared people into installing them), and took less than 15 minutes to install. The technician (Eric) made it sound like she needed it to preserve the fan motor, which is silly. THIS COMPANY IS DISHONEST, AND WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF UNEDUCATED CONSUMERS.

Description of Work
Simple HVAC system check

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

Review for Fix-it 24/7 Plumbing, Heating & Air - 5405 W 56th Ave, Arvada, CO - 39913430

05/15/2022

Richard G.

I originally purchased a full HVAC system in 2013 through a different company, that company shut down and sold their clients to Fix-It 24/7. My AC broke late summer 2021 and I called 24/7 to come out and look at it. I had made an appointment for a time window after 1pm, and was busy hosting guests from out of state(away from the hot house). I had received a couple of missed calls around 11am from a technician coming to look at it. I wasn't able to see the messages until after 12 and called him back, he informed me it was too late he left and I had to schedule someone else to come out on the following day. When they finally did come, they told me that there was a short to ground in the condenser and there was a burnout in the refrigerant. They told me I would need a whole new AC system. Even though my original purchase had a 10 year parts and labor warranty and lifetime on the condenser and it was only 8 years old, because I did not have records of regular maintenance by a licensed HVAC technician they would not honor the warranty. This was even though their own technician said the burnout was within a closed system and the most likely cause was it got contaminated during installation, regular maintenance could not have prevented this issue. They quoted me $11,000 to replace everything. I felt beyond insulted and went to a different company and only paid $7300 for a new system from a more professional company. My advice is to stay as far away as possible from Fix It 24/7.

Description of Work
Repair of existing system

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

06/15/2021

Rick D.

That gave me a day and time (between 1 and 5 pm), then never showed up. I'll never try them again.

Description of Work
Service swamp cooler

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

05/21/2021

edward C.

They did their job, they came out and did the job, and it was excellent. the only thing about the company was they sold me a green club sort of membership for future back up works, but when I called them several times, they told me that they need some kind of an authorization before they could send a technician over.

Description of Work
Installation of a new furnace

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

04/21/2021

Elizabeth S.

The service technician was friendly and explained a lot. He did try to do quite a bit of upselling to the Green Club for preventative maintenance. No fault of the service technician, but it seems to be a complete rip off to charge $289 for a $10 part (flame sensor). I later called my neighbor's HVAC company and they would do the same for approximately half of what we are charged. Even more irritatingly, we brought up warranty coverage since the furnace is only 6 years old, but it seemed the technician was uninterested in looking at the warranty coverage. We paid the fee as he departed and I followed up with the office on the billing issues. After calling once and being unable to speak to a billing person, who also did not follow up with the promised call the next day, I called again and spoke with someone. She had to speak with a manager and they initially DECLINED to cover since they did not install the unit, but after insistence, clarification we had the furnace installed by the company bought by Fix It 24/7 (Builder's), so had to find a former Builder's employee to ask and finally agreed to cover full visit cost - parts and labor due to part and labor warranties. After also using Fix It 24/7 for a plumbing job, my overall impression is that most employees seem young and inexperienced, they over-charge and not interested in using existing warranties. I would prefer to work with another more experienced and honestly-priced company. I miss the experience, good customer service, and seemingly fair prices of Builder's. The plus for Fix It is that they have 24/7 coverage and sometimes you need that emergency coverage. I might hire them again in that situation. People generally have been nice, even if inexperienced.

Description of Work
Furnace stopped heating - diagnosed as flame sensor in need of resurfacing

Work Completed On 04/16/2021

07/19/2020

Mary Ann G.

Tom did a great job. He cleaned & serviced both furnace & air conditioner. Twice he ran out to get needed materials to complete the job. He explained things carefully & answered all my questions. He was professional, personable and is an expert in this field. Thanks Tom!

Description of Work
Regular service to maintain furnace & air conditioning.

Work Completed On 07/18/2020

05/17/2020

Laura R.

They told me they don't perform that service

Description of Work
Swamp cooler set up

Category

Work Completed On 05/17/2020

04/11/2018

Dustin M.

Justin came out and gave me the truth that a home inspector didn't. He was so aghast at the condition of my furnace that I was not charged for the inspection, and no tune-up was needed. I ended up contracting with 24/7 Fix-it for a replacement Furnace, A/C, and Water Heater for a reasonable rate. Thanks to Darwin, Nathan, and Justin!

Description of Work
Furnace Inspection and Tune-up

Work Completed On 04/10/2018

04/02/2018

Dawn Z.

Over priced and the are ALWAYS trying to sell you high over priced items once in your door. One employee sat for a half and hour trying to get me to buy some kind of air cleaning system for 5,000 dollars once done cleaning my Furnace.

Description of Work
Furnace Plumbing

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

02/23/2018

Kathy D.

Paul & Conner we’re great! They were very professional and polite. Conner even picked up light bulbs for my bathroom and put it them in. What service!! They showed me what exactly what was wrong and worked fast to get the problems fixed. I highly recommend Paul & Conner what a great team they are!!

Description of Work
2 Toilets repaired.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/23/2018

David J.

Had my Water Heater burst at night and got in touch with Kourisa Williamson and boy did she take care of me!! Great service and Connor Brady, who came out and did the work, was absolutely fantastic! Well mannered and it was done and I had hot water in no time...AND, he briefed me on all the other services they have. Will be using again soon! I would recommend Fix-it 24/7 to anyone! Dave Jaynes

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced a burst water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/09/2018

Robert M.

Everything went super smooth and the techs ( justin and shane) as well as the advisor (ben) were all very helpful and knowledgable.

Description of Work
Full hvac replacment

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

Robert M.

Everything went super smooth and the techs(justin and shane) as well as advisor( ben) were very helpful and knowledgable.

Description of Work
Full hvac replacment

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

08/16/2017

colette S.

It went very well. They arrived as scheduled , were very professional, we feel they were very transparent in their pricing and willing to negotiate prices based on other quotes we had received from competitors.

Description of Work
We had a complete AC installed in our home that had never had one ( so this required running electrical , placement of all components , charging the new system etc) and our furnace replaced.

Work Completed On 08/17/2017

06/20/2017

Anne S.

FIX-IT 24/7 was the only company we could get an appointment with. The other companies scheduled out a week to 10 days. They were able to get here the day after we called and the tech, Chris, was a super nice guy who really knew his stuff. He fixed our AC and it is running better than ever! I would recommend them any time!

Description of Work
Our AC was not cooling and it was really hot. This was the first run of really hot temps and we discovered our AC unit was not blowing cool air.

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

11/15/2016

John W.

I won't be using this company again and would highly recommend against it. There is a complete lack of communication within the company from top to bottom. There is also no concept of customer service. What the original serviceman told me the original day was never honored. One of the managers even said that they were including another drive out fee, which was explicitly not part of the original deal. I wouldn't trust a single person in this company to give you an honest response. They have no regard for your time, money, or patience.

Description of Work
I needed a furnace check up and vent work done for a hole and a crack. I was told on the phone when scheduling that the serviceman would have venting supplies and a furnace filter in his car. I agreed to pay $50 for the drive out and $100 for the tuneup. When he arrived he said he did not have a furnace filter and that I could get one on my own. He also didn't have venting supplies available. He said he had measured the distance of the new venting that needed to be installed and he would call me back later with a price. And that the work could be done next day. Never got a call, had to call back the next day. Surprise! The cost of the work would be $220. I said I wanted to talk to a manager or sales representative because this was outrageous. The work looks like it would take 20 minutes at most and the material is cheap. They said they would get back to me that day. Never got a call back. That was Thursday. No call Friday or Monday. I called today, they tried to tell me that the price was actually $280 and they were giving me a "deal".

Work Completed On 11/10/2016

07/26/2016

Sue H.

Great! I looked at a lot of companies' reviews. I finally chose Fix-It 24/7 -- nervously. We've been burned before by repairmen, and I didn't feel safe about a lot of those servicemen coming in my home. BUT our experience with this company was great! Dirk, the president, tried to get a serviceman out the same day I called, since I have asthma attacks from heat and this was in July. He offered to send over a swamp cooler that day to help -- for free -- when it was probable no one could come til the next day. He was polite and eager to help. He had an attitude of service. Son, the diagnostician and repairman/technician was friendly, nice, and respectful, and I felt pretty safe with him in the house. He worked hard, diagnosed the A/Cs problem, and fixed it, Since they couldn't get a serviceman out soon to clean and tune up the A/C, Son went ahead and did that for us. He explained everything in each step to both my husband and myself. He had an attitude of service. He also had an air of expertise. He told us that he could only take one coupon deal, and right away gave us the greater amount off. My husband also said Son was awesome! He told us the cost of a blower fan and blower motor, in case they they died in the future, and the price was FAR less than a competitor had told us YEARS ago. I did have some problems getting someone to come over the weekend. I called twice on Saturday, my husband called on Sunday and they said they'd call us on Monday, and on Monday there was no record of the calls. I guess there was a glitch in the dispatcher (sounded like an outsourced one) getting the messages to the guys out in the field. I expect, due to the company's attitude of excellence and service, they'll get that problem fixed promptly. Once we called on Monday, things were smooth sailing. Once I connected with someone from the company, things couldn't have been better. On top of expertise, I especially appreciated the attitudes of service! YES, I'd recommend Fix-It 24/7. Thanks so much.

Description of Work
Air conditioner wasn't cooling much and when it started making really loud noises we had to shut it off.

Work Completed On 07/26/2016

04/26/2015

anne marie S.

The gentleman on the phone at 10pm was so helpful. He offered to come out immediately but after talking through the problem - we decided to have him come out in the morning. (Even though they don't charge for weekends or nights - so we didn't have to wait if we didn't want to) He arrived promptly, evaluated the situation and then called back after he left to suggest another possible cause of our problem. The follow up meant the world to us - as he was correct and there was a problem with the gas line - an Excel problem. I would use this company again and again! I would recommend them over and over! At 10pm we made several calls to several companies as we were worried about the freezing temperatures. This company was the only one who answered. The others never even returned our calls - even the next day!

Description of Work
Trouble-shooted our furnace not lighting problem.

Work Completed On 03/20/2015

05/07/2014

Shawn V.

When I first ran into Brian he was under the company name of Brighton Heating and Plumbing. I had had him out to my place years ago for a couple of different items, one of which was a leaky faucet in my bathroom that, come to find out, just had a little construction debris causing the leak. All he had to do was take the handle off, pluck it out and put it back on. He said he didn't feel right charging me for that, so he just charged me for the other service, maintenance of my furnace. I had thought that was so ethical and honest, I was very excited to have found someone in this line of business like that. I am a single woman, so it's easy to get taken advantage of when I need a and quot;Mr. Fix Itand quot;. Unfortunately, the business is no longer under that name. I still thoroughly enjoy working with every Technician I've had out to my place (about 2-3), however, now that it is operating under Fix It 24/7's name I literally can no longer afford to use this company. The last Technician (who was awesome!!!) I had out to my place did a couple of things, one of which was look at my water heater to determine what might be wrong with it. It was determined it was probably a gas control valve that needed to be replaced and was still under warranty. However, for labor alone (for a job that would take MAYBE an hour, most likely 45 mins) I was quoted $350. For a job I later hired someone else to perform who did it for $100. I don't understand why the pricing ethics have changed under the new name/ownership, but what I do know is I literally can not afford to continue using this company. Which is a shame, because like I said, their Technicians are awesome. Their pricing ethics........well not so much.

Description of Work
Priced out replacing a gas control valve on my water heater.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 04/02/2014

03/14/2014

Gerry P.

I was happy with what they did. They got everything fixed in one visit for a very reasonable price. They saved me money, probably $125, by letting me know the manufacturer of the showerheads - Moen - would replace them for free if you are the original owner of the home. They could have charged me for those parts. Another plumber quoted $780 just to order and install the same showerheads. For the sump pump installation, he did some work outside. It was freezing cold, way below zero, when he did that work. The price, $750, covered everything he did.

Description of Work
They installed two Moen showerheads. They also put in a sump pump, including the piping to the side of the house. They did it all in one visit. I plan on using them in the future.

Category plumbing, wells

Work Completed On 01/31/2014

07/12/2013

Katherine J.

The service man educated me on how maintain. He didn't try to up sell.

Description of Work
Service A/C because is was over 10 years old.

Work Completed On 04/01/2013

06/06/2013

Catherine R.

Very well, until the upstairs unit froze up. They came back immediately to look at it and determined that the damage was done when our contractor moved the unit for repair of a window well. We are now working with the contractor, but I would call Brighton Plumbing and Heating for any other service. Very prompt, very nice and honest.

Description of Work
Checked and tuned up all 3 compressors.