Beams to Basements Contractors, LLC

Founded 2019 • With Angi since August 2019

As of April 2021, we're focused on replacing doors & windows in West Denver homes. Husband & wife team Josh & Mim Ward build on their complementary strengths of master carpentry expertise & superior customer service skills to exceed homeowners’ expectations with top-notch quality & smooth

2022 Super Service Award

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

door installation (46)handyman (11)woodworking (10)general contractors (10)window replacement (6)decks & porches (5)closet design (1)garage building (9)basement remodeling (5)home remodeling (5)cabinet makers (5)home builder (4)

10/12/2022

Joseph B.

Our family contracted with Beams to Basements as we were badly in need of a decking overhaul, as our existing deck was becoming a safety hazard for our kids and dogs. We could not be more pleased with the results. Josh and team were able to balance our somewhat competing goals of salvaging what we could while having the look and feel of a new deck. The team was able to reinforce much of the structural integrity of the deck, whereas other companies likely would have called for an entire tear down and rebuild. The Beams to Basements team was incredibly flexible throughout the project. The communication received throughout the project from the initial estimate to completion was top notch. The design required some custom nuances and Josh was able to add some artistic flair. He was meticulous in his attention to detail. He was also great with our kids and dogs who felt the need to supervise the project. I would strongly recommend the Beams to Basements team and thank them greatly for their outstanding work.

Description of Work
Rebuild deck

Category contractors, decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/16/2022

10/06/2022

Donna N.

It was awesome. Mim was so easy to work with on getting everything set up. Josh was right on time. and went right to work. All the work was done in a timely manner and works and looks great. I would recommend these folks to any one who needs things done. I will be using them again.

Description of Work
@ doors were repaired and 2 doors were replaced.

Category custom cabinets, doors

Work Completed On 10/04/2022

06/03/2022

Tony D.

The process and work itself was smooth and professional with Josh and Mim from Beams to Basements. Josh was always on time and communicative, he came out in person to provide an estimate and didn't oversell or recommend any unnecessary work. Our back door was old and rotting, now we have a brand new door with better seal and an identical dog door for our furry friend. Josh also fixed an original 1932 window that needed a specific issue addressed rather than opting to just replace it with a new one. I would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
New Exterior Back Door and Window Repair

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 05/30/2022

04/07/2022

Jason B.

Hired Beams to Basements to repair a large section of fencing that was blown down recently. Josh and Mim were on time for the bid and quoted a great price. Josh's carpentry skills are excellent and he did a great job replacing the posts that needed to be, and finding and repairing other issues with my fence to make it look brand new again. Mim's communcation throughout was clear and consistent and made the whole process easy through completion.

Description of Work
Fence Repair

Category custom cabinets, contractors, decks, egress windows, handyman service, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 04/07/2022

03/29/2022

John S.

It is obvious that Josh is a hard worker with attention to detail. He built a new porch/stair railing and installed a new door on our 1925 craftsman bungalow, which is no small feat with an old home. He was able to protect and reinstall the original trim around the door which we really appreciated so we could keep that look which we love. We also appreciated all of the great communication from Mim for scheduling the work.

Description of Work
Installed new front door and had custom porch railings made/installed

Category contractors, decks

Work Completed On 02/02/2022

Review for Beams to Basements Contractors, LLC - 6461 W 69th Way, Arvada, CO - 39676736

03/24/2022

Kara O.

Josh and Mim were wonderful from start to finish! They stayed professional yet also maintained the family friendly aspect. They were honest in the quote process and also very informative about what it would take. They treated me with kindness and made sure I never had to worry throughout the process. The company replaced a door to my garage and made sure that I was in compliance with what was needed for home as well as my safety. It was clear that Josh has had a lot of experience and knew every aspect of the project. They completed the project in a timely manner and stayed in constant communication. I would highly recommend this company! I am looking forward to working with them again to replace my backdoor! My home always looks like a new house after they come by.

Description of Work
Door Replacement and Carpentry

Work Completed On 03/24/2022

02/08/2022

Rick S.

The project went well. Mim explained the process in detail, and I was able to successfully obtain the necessary materials. Josh was on time for his appointment, and in two hours had completed the work. It looks good as new. I would definitely use their services again!

Description of Work
Window frame repair

Category replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/07/2022

01/19/2022

Nicolas B.

Mim and Josh were very responsive and helpful. We were able to schedule the work as desired, it began on time, and they completed in two thirds of the time. Minor issues that occurred after the doors had settled were fixed rapidly.

Description of Work
Install new doors

Category custom cabinets, doors

Cost $4,113.11

Work Completed On 04/14/2021

12/27/2021

Karilyn S.

Very communicative and organized. Quality install for both. Would definitely use Beams to Basements again.

Description of Work
Install of replacement exterior door, install screen door

Work Completed On 12/17/2021

12/23/2021

cathleen M.

Perfectly! Josh did an amazing job lining it up and making sure everything was even. He installed several doors for us at a different house and those were hung perfectly as well. He's very detailed, punctual, neat, and professional. We would never hesitate to call him for any home improvement project!

Description of Work
Installation of a wall organizer.

Category custom cabinets, handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 12/23/2021

12/07/2021

Sara W.

We hired Beams to Basements to redo our floors and they did a fantastic job! Josh was always on time and professional and Mim offered efficient and clear communication from start to finish. I will be using them again for future home remodeling projects! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replaced Flooring

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 07/19/2021

Review for Beams to Basements Contractors, LLC - 6461 W 69th Way, Arvada, CO - 39564370

11/23/2021

Brian N.

Had the team replace some doors. Communication on what to order was precise and easy to follow. Coordination on timing was prompt, and work was done in one day and well done. Overall very pleased at the effort and work.

Description of Work
Exterior and Interior Doors

Work Completed On 11/22/2021

06/03/2021

Dennis H.

Josh did a wonderful job installing new baseboards in our house. He was punctual, work done was very clean and he was very friendly. Mim was very responsive and detailed on the administrative side...pleasure to work with. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Baseboard installation

Category contractors, handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

04/06/2021

Kelly B.

This project went so well for us and we are THRILLED with the results! Mim & Josh were so amazing to work with. I am amazed at how precise some of the cuts are that Josh made with the flooring and trim. They not only made sure our new flooring and trim was installed beautifully, Josh also added framing around windows and molding around the ceiling AND the project was also completed two days earlier than expected. We will absolutely be using Beams to Basements for future projects we want to do in our home.

Description of Work
Basement floor replacement and new trim added.

Category closet systems, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

Review for Beams to Basements Contractors, LLC - 6461 W 69th Way, Arvada, CO - 39281934

02/09/2021

Steve M.

Josh and Mim were fantastic to work with. In addition to the exceptional work of door installations, they handled purchasing the materials, scheduling delivery and hauled away the old doors and trim. I would (and plan to) definitely use them again for future home projects.

Description of Work
3 interior doors, 1 set bypass closet doors, 1 exterior door, 1 exterior screen door

Work Completed On 02/09/2021

02/08/2021

Keith T.

Great, Josh was in and out in ~ 4 hours and mim just called to say he is coming back next week to put the caulking on as he did not have the right color match.

Description of Work
4 Exterior Doors were not sealing. Two needed quite extensive work and the other 2 not so much

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

01/19/2021

Lauren B.

Mim, and her team were responsive and helpful every step of the way. We will use them again!

Description of Work
New Double Front Doors installed

Category contractors, doors

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

01/18/2021

Shar M.

Excellent! Mim & Josh did an excellent job. Very reliable team. Punctual and true to their word.

Description of Work
Installed barn doors, installed french doors, and repaired door to garage

Category doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

Review for Beams to Basements Contractors, LLC - 6461 W 69th Way, Arvada, CO - 39141657

12/22/2020

Michael H.

Everything was excellent, from start to finish. Josh was prompt, professional and did excellent work! The communication was excellent, too! I would certainly use this company again!

Description of Work
Oversized Door Installation

Category custom cabinets, drywall, doors

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

12/20/2020

Matt S.

The installation went smoothly and did not take long at all. The communication leading up to the date of installation was good as well as the day of. The finished product looks good and works perfectly. Great work! (Thank you for following COVID guidelines as well)

Description of Work
Storm door w/ Pet door installation

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

11/25/2020

Danielle J.

Mim and Josh are absolutely fantastic to work with! Great communication on scheduling and their process. No funny business with the timing for appointments or the work getting done. I needed a front door replaced, along with a utility/laundry room door swapped out for a fire-rated door. My new front door closes perfectly with no breezy gaps! There were a few nuances I missed on the work project scope where I have to finish the sealing up of the caulking around my laundry door, but the door was fit perfect and also has a nice solid & smooth close. Reasonable and fair pricing for the work. I would absolutely recommend and hire then again in the future!

Description of Work
Replacement of Front Door & Fire-rated door install for Utility Room

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

10/25/2020

Justin R.

We have a 1950's house (with a lot of quirks) and Josh was able to install the new exterior door quickly and without issue. We appreciated his attention to detail. We will definitely hire Beams to Basements again for other home improvement projects.

Description of Work
Door install

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

10/23/2020

Maggie T.

Josh and Mim were professional and also very patient in answering all of my questions. We felt the cost of the project was reasonable and I appreciated how Josh asked me to review his work before paying the remaining balance. Also, my husband and I recently moved to the area and Mim went above and beyond in providing me a detailed list of recommended contractors for other projects. Would HIGHLY recommend!!

Description of Work
Quarter round installation, window casing replacement, drywall panel installation

Category contractors, remodeling