Hawkins Exteriors

Founded 1956 • With Angi since April 2006

1257 Hassett Ave

Yuba City, CA 95991

Quality Since 1956 For almost 60 years we've been providing superior service & quality products to our customers in Northern California. It is crucial to choose a company that will stay with you for the Highest Customer Satisfaction and Quality, energy efficient products for your Windows, Doors,

02/22/2019

n H.

Hawkins has now done two whole-house window replacements for us. This second home is a one-of-a-kind designed Mid-Century Modern classic home, and we have been very fussy about how the windows needed to look in order to retain the essential look and style of the old window styles. Hawkins has been able to provide us with really spectacular replacements. Gary Hawkins, the owner, came personally to look at our home and listen to our concerns, and then was able to select the precise windows we asked for. We find them to be reasonably priced and responsive to concerns. Since they have done multiple jobs for us, we know they do a great job of keeping their customers happy and also hit the "budget-friendly" button, too! This project includes replacing 3 sliding glass doors, (one which is 10 feet wide), 18 windows, (3 of which are 8+ feet wide picture windows), 4 floor-to-ceiling fixed tempered windows, and 3 specialty reeded glass windows.

Description of Work
Whole house window replacement

11/14/2018

jeffrey j P.

They did a great job. Thier price was good. Their staff is knowledgeable and professional. I plan on using them again for more projects.

Description of Work
New windows

05/31/2017

Katherine S.

Punctual on our first appointment, excellent follow up with adjustments and recommendations based on further conversations. Once the project work was agreed upon the workers were professional, punctual and courteous. Excellent work. They come highly recommended.

Description of Work
Complete home re-siding, all new windows and doors.

Category contractors, siding, replacement windows, doors

05/31/2017

Katherine S.

Outstanding work, highly recommend Gary Hawkins.

Description of Work
Windows, siding, exterior doors

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

01/23/2017

Jeanine J.

Great! On time. Job done. No issues.

Description of Work
Windows Replaced

12/05/2016

Robert O.

Went fair. Quality of windows and service is good. There a couple of mistakes that made me grade a little lower. They took care of the errors quickly but I had to take additional time off work to be here at home to meet the installers. The first mistake was their office related where we had ordered windows with grids and when the office re-wrote the order they left out the grids. The installers had to install the plain windows without grids and later come back out to re-install the glass with the grids. Second error was window factory related where we ordered an eyebrow shaped picture window and they sent a semi-circle window. There were big gaps in the corners. They re-ordered and fixed. Overall we would use them again. We had referred them to a friend. Installation was excellent and courteous. Just a couple of ordering mistakes. We love our windows and helps the bills.

Description of Work
Casement window replacement. Upgraded old casement windows to dual pane casement windows.

05/26/2016

Charles & Miriam P.

We have used Hawkins Exteriors before at our former residence and our new residence for doors and insulated windows. We have always been very satisfied.

Description of Work
Everything on time. Installers very dedicated and efficient.

05/17/2016

Molly Y.

They were amazing! I requested a quote online which they followed up with promptly via phone. I never once felt pressured to use their service, but based on their customer service and helpfulness I knew I wouldn't use any other company. Once my beautiful door was installed they cleaned up everything, I never would have known they were there. My patio was cleaner after they left than before they showed up. I look forward to using Hawkins Exterior in the future!

Description of Work
Installed a new sliding patio door

Category doors

12/03/2015

Frances V.

We are extremely happy with the results. I previously wrote the review about the company measuring and not getting back to us. Apparently it was a miscommunication and they apologized for it. Once the error was discovered, Hawkins went out of their way to complete the job. They also called to see if everything was satisfactory.

Description of Work
They replaced the glass in our window frames.

Category contractors, replacement windows

10/30/2015

Valerie L.

The installation went smoothly. Alex and Jose did a great job with the installation. The door looks great and lets in lots of light. Alex and Jose were very responsive and talked to me about what they were doing. They saved some old siding for me so I could do a small patch job.

Description of Work
Removed french door and two windows and installed large sliding glass door.

07/05/2015

Stephen K.

Came at appointed time; worked in neat manner. Explained window & door operation.

Description of Work
Removed 2 sliding doors & 4 windows; installed replacements.

04/08/2015

Joseph T.

The siding and windows look beautiful. We've already received many compliments. We had LP SmartSide lap siding and trim installed, 12 windows, and 2 sliders. They also wrapped all of our fascia boards. Dave, the owner, was amazing to work with. He was attentive to all my requests and took care of any questions/concerns I had, right away. He was always great about getting back to me and I couldn't have asked for better service. Robert and Joe (the installers) were a pleasure to work with as well. Both are very nice guys. They were great about listening to what I wanted as they always did exactly what we discussed. They even replaced a fence board for me (which they didn't have to do). It did take a tad bit longer than I expected but that was mainly due to some of my additional requests. Overall, it was a pleasure doing business with them and would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed new siding and trim, new windows, and 2 new sliders. Also wrapped the fascia.

Category contractors, replacement windows

02/23/2015

Elizabeth J.

They were personable, confident, affordable and did a good job.

Description of Work
I had 11 windows and 1 sliding glass door replaced.

Category doors

10/27/2014

Corinne B.

Great work! Nice guys to work with.

Description of Work
Installed french doors and picture window.

09/20/2014

K G.

Hawkins Exteriors is an exceptional and quality service from start to finish. After Gary Hawkins came to my home for the free estimate, he helped me to select the products best suited for my house and budget. Knowing that I was anxious to reduce my utility bill, he arranged for the attic insulation within a week. His workmen were punctual, professional, friendly and wasted no time. The doors, windows and patio doors were installed 5 weeks after they were ordered. Again, the two men who installed the items over a two day period introduced themselves upon arrival, then got to work promptly. They were the most professional, organized and thorough workers I have ever seen. They left my house and yard clean and hauled away all old doors and windows. Before leaving, my new doors and windows were demonstrated and the proper warranties/certifications given. I would recommend Hawkins Exteriors without reservation.

Description of Work
Replaced three windows, two patio doors, and three exterior doors. Added R44 attic insulation.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you for your great review! It was our pleasure to work with you on completing your project and helping to make your home more energy efficient! We look forward to working with you again on any future home improvement projects!

07/03/2014

Sean C.

Initial meeting was on time, took measurements, gave options, gave quote, set up next meeting. Installed on date said they would, called to confirm, called to let me know running about 10 minutes late from prior project, great communication all around.; Good product and very friendly.

Description of Work
We have over over-sized, sliding doors and needed custom screens to fit them with pet-resistant screening.

Category siding

Thank you for your review! We are glad that your experience was positive and had good communication with our employees. We appreciate your business and hope to work with you again in the future.

06/19/2014

Geoff C.

Gary was very helpful and informative in helping us select the product. He answered all of our questions and gave us a great price, up to 50% less than some of our other quotes. Jose and Alex did the install. They were very friendly and professional. They worked quickly, did a great job, and cleaned up afterwards. Thank you Hawkins Exteriors!

Description of Work
Replaced 20 windows and 2 sliding glass doors with Simonton windows and doors.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you for your great review! It was a pleasure to work with you! We are pleased that you had a good experience and we would love to help in any future projects!

06/16/2014

james C.

They installed all the windows (10) various sizes and speciality privacy textures & tinted low-e value for added privacy too (you can't really see in the window from the road at anytime of the day (love that part) . The OLD 8ft sliding glass door was installed incorrectly when the house was built, when sliding open the door opened on the outside of the stationary support instead of "sliding open on the inside", which is the secured by door locks on the center support post.

Description of Work
They measured the window regarding size, offered the low e-window tinting for our large window facing West, it really makes it much cooler in the room now. The different types of privacy glass & textures for the (3) bathrooms & then adding the wood trim & molding around all the windows. They hauled away all our old aluminum windows & sliding glass door, trim ect.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you for your review. We value our customers and are happy that we could complete the job to your satisfaction. Please call for any future projects!

06/12/2014

Michelle H.

I had two other estimates from Halls Windows and Clarke and Rush. However, Hawkins prices were a lot better. Prior to purchasing, I did a lot of research on the cost of windows versus recouping the money in the long run for the anticipated energy savings. As a result of my research, I had an independent energy auditor come out to my house and tell me how much an upgrade in windows will actually save me. After all, other than noise reduction, energy efficiency is really one of the major reasons for purchasing windows. My windows were original, 1969, singe pane. According to the auditor, an upgrade to double pane would give me an average savings of 12% on my energy bills. When you do the math, it?s a no brainer to select a quality window that is still semi-affordable compared to some of the very ?high end? windows which cost you thousands of dollars more but you are left trying to recoup that in the energy savings. So, I went with Hawkins and was very satisfied at the installation which was efficient and completed in one day. I was also impressed with the staff as they were friendly and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed 7 windows and a french door slider.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you for your great review! We are glad that you are pleased with your windows and the installation! Now you are ready to save energy with our hot summer days coming! We appreciate your business and your recommendation of Hawkins Exteriors. Should you have any future home improvement projects, we would enjoy working with you again.

05/01/2014

Irma S.

My home was probably built in the 1930-1940s (not original owner) and still had the original windows. I had already replaced 3 small windows and the 8 bedroom and front windows remained. I contacted Hawkins to see if they serviced our area and after confirming that they did, I made an appointment for someone to come out for an estimate. Gary Hawkins came out 2 times (first for an estimate and then to evaluate the job to be done). I appreciate the recommendations he made and he said it would be a few weeks for the windows to come in. The day the windows were installed the workers arrived on time and got right to work. They asked if I I had any questions or if I wished them to begin in a certain room, which I did. They were friendly, very polite and professional. They said it would be an all day job, but they were finished in about 5-6 hours. They did an excellent job! I am very happy with my new windows. As I mentioned before, my home is very old and needs some work. I will surely call on Hawkins Exteriors for my next home improvement project. Thanks you Gary and Hawkins Exteriors for a great job and your outstanding person to person service.

Description of Work
Hawkins Exteriors replaced 8 windows in my home - sliders, single-hung and double-hung.

Category replacement windows

We are very happy that your window replacement was such a positive experience! The Hawkins Exteriors team works hard to make each project successful. Thank you for your great review and we will look forward to working with you on any home improvement projects you may have in the future.

02/07/2014

Joe B.

The work was done quickly and well! Hawkins did a great job!

Description of Work
We had 17 windows replaced in our home.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for your great review! We are happy that you are enjoying your new windows! It was a pleasure working with you. We would love to work together in the future on any other home improvement projects you may have!

01/08/2014

DAVID R.

My condo's HOA required me to retrofit 6 windows, and they had to be dual-paned, energy-efficient, and with an almond trim. Hawkins Exteriors met me in Truckee, gave me a quote that was considerably less than others, and then performed the work on time and in budget.

Category replacement windows

Your excellent review of Hawkins Exteriors is very much appreciated! It was a pleasure working with you and we are very happy that we were able to meet your needs and requirements for your HOA.

11/17/2013

Linda B.

|Hawkins did ALL my windows several years ago... and did a VERY NICE Job

Description of Work
Replace 2 sliding patio doors |Looks beautiful..and work like a dream..

10/29/2013

Gary R.

Gary Hawkins came out and gave us an estimate. We were given two choices of brands and price points, and I found Gary knowledgeable,professional, and pleasant. We found Hawkin's Exterior through Angie's List. In addition, when I spoke to my next door neighbor, he told me that Hawkins had replaced the windows for his adult daughter, and she was very pleased with the job they did for her. The installation crew arrived on time, worked very hard all day, and paid attention to all details.With every most construction jobs, unseen problems occur. In our case, one of the sliders had previously been a window,and when the original install was done, the slider door was about two inches above floor level.Since the new slider door would fit into the old frame, the new slider would sit higher still. The installer recommended the door be installed level with the existing bedroom floor, to prevent someone from tripping over the high threshold as they went through the new slider.I followed the recommendation, and it was the right choice. After the job was finished, all the debris was cleaned up. The new windows and slider doors look great, it makes the house look better. In sum, I feel it was money well spent, and I feel Hawkins Exterior provided to us a real value.

Description of Work
We had all the windows and two slider doors replaced.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you so much for your great review! We value your input and are glad that you had such a positive experience with Hawkins Exteriors. It was a pleasure to work with you and if we can be of service on any future projects, please give us a call!

10/21/2013

Bonnie H.

They came, did their work, in a timely manner. Very Professional. Also did clean up each day they came. Was very happy with all aspects of their work.

Description of Work
New siding and new windows.

Category siding, replacement windows

Thank you for your past business and for your review! We value you as a customer and look forward to working together in the future.

SHEcan2

Hello, I'm Terri Harris and I'm the president and founder of SHEcan2. We are a remodel/repair/design home improvement company. Our services range from fixing that loose towel bar in the hall bath to adding on a new master bedroom suite. We also do rental property maintenance and commercial tenant improvements. We are in the business of seeing your project through your eyes. By listening to your ideas and understanding your budget and time allowances, we're able to better understand how we can help.

Brothers Home Improvement Inc

Family Owned and Operated since 1994. Nine Brothers & Sisters Striving For Your Complete Satisfaction! Energy Efficient, Replacement Windows and Doors. No Subcontractors! No High-pressure Sales! Ranked Among The Top Nationwide by Qualified Remodelers! AAMA Certified and Members of the Better Business Bureau. Quality Craftsmanship. Lifetime Warranties. Financing Available. Additional phone numbers: - (916) 791-9170 (510) 498-5987, (925) 828-5789 & (650) 573-0256. Save $75 per window & $150 per door.

Hall's Window Center

Since 1976, Hall's Window Center has served over 50,000 extremely satisfied homeowners and commercial property owners, becoming the most trusted service company for windows and doors throughout the Sacramento area. The company’s team of expert designers, installers, and craftsmen has earned the stellar reputation for honesty, integrity and superior workmanship. Whether you’re a homeowner looking for replacement windows, an architect designing a unique custom home with specialty doors, or a contractor managing a commercial project, Hall’s is ready to make your vision a reality. We are the window & door company that you can trust. Call us today at (916) 669-1469 for your free in-home quote, or visit our showroom in Rancho Cordova, CA. Let our decades of knowledge and experience provide you with the very best the window industry has to offer.

Offers by Hall's Window Center on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

New & Replacement Windows. Shutters. Siding. Patio Covers. Doors. Attic Insulation.