AA Atlas Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2005

17120 Marda Ave

Yorba Linda, CA 92886

DBA - AA Atlas Plumbing, AA Atlas Plumbing & Heating, AA Atlas, Inc....

07/21/2020

Michael C.

I'm writing this review to warn people that are under duress with emergent plumbing issues to AVOID this contractor. I highly question the positive reviews and believe many were created by friends of the Sousa family. I highly recommend reading through the negative reviews. I utilized Atlas for two previous projects that were completed with satisfaction, although they are more expensive than other local companies. They justify their higher pricing because they guaranteed their work and are insured, and that it was just the cost of doing business. However, my problems occurred on my 3rd project. They identified a leak in my yard and told me the project would range from $600-900. I decided to proceed and also install a few toilets for $200 each. At the end of the day, they decided to bill me around $1,500 for the leak/piping stating that they decided to replace all the piping in the area (less than 20 feet). I was upset in that they significantly went beyond their range and that Mike didn't even communicate and proceeded without my permission. The 2-man team finished both toilet installations and yard piping in less than 4 hours, which equates to nearly $250 an hour. I could have been a difficult customer, but most customers have integrity and I decided that it was the price to pay to get this project completed especially since I was dealing with a newborn. However, the biggest problem came 6 months later when we found a leak that was caused by Mike the contractor. During a rushed 15-minute $80 leak detection he accidentally rolled the refrigerator onto the water line. We were not able to detect the leak for months since the water slowly flowed into 2 bathrooms, closet, and then to the kitchen when walls could no longer retain any more water. Additionally, it created significant mold build up and drywall damage. Mike had the audacity to claim that I helped him move the refrigerator during the detection but that was a lie as I was at work and my wife pregnant at the time so he moved it by himself. During this COVID time, this created additional stress and is not a good environment for a newborn. Now we need to allow external risks to enter our home to remove the mold and patch up the walls. What is upsetting is that Atlas sent Mike to review the damage and he instantly denied any possibility that may have cause the damage and even mentioned at the beginning of the conversation that we would lose in court and good luck with proving it in court (even though we weren't even at that point in the conversation)! He even said that the plastic water line commonly leaks even though the fact of the matter was that the leak was where the refrigerator was on top the water line. Sadly, the owners Cris and Randy Sousa told us to go to our own insurance to file the claim even though their employee caused this damage and to not contact them in this matter going forward. What I realize about Atlas is that they incentivize their contractors to rush through projects to try to get as many billable hours so that their Sousa family can obtain high profit margins. They justify their high prices saying that they provide peace of mind, but when you actually make a claim the company and family does not have the integrity to actually follow through with their work guarantee or own up to their mistakes. I would recommend customers to look elsewhere and to avoid this unethical and greedy company, and to skip the middlemen which in the case of Atlas is the Sousa family. I normally like supporting small family owned businesses, but I would recommend to go with an individual handyman who also might not offer false guarantees but would have insurance and the ability to do the same quality of work at half the price. I understand that it is difficult to 100% prove what caused the leak, but I was hoping that I was dealing with an ethical company to meet us half-way or any way at all. Now, I just I hope no other customer has the same experience with Atlas. And hopefully, karma comes to this company and they get a taste of their own medicine with unethical customers who refuse to pay after they compete a job and tell them the their same line of "good luck with proving it in court."

Description of Work
Leak detection and pipe replacement

Category drain pipe

11/25/2019

Jan H.

It went wonderfully and it works great.

Description of Work
They re-routed my duct work from my dryer.

Category air duct cleaning

06/30/2018

Craig S.

It went well. I've used AA Atlas for all of my plumbing problems and I've been happy with their work and prices. So, when I needed my heating and a/c ducts cleaned, I knew who to call. Krystal is always pleasant and professional--she set up an estimate-appointment. Bryan came out and explained the cleaning process. The estimate seemed a little high but, based on my past experience with the company, I knew it was fair. About a week later, Bryan brought Ian and the duct cleaning equipment. They said that it would take most of the day and it did. But, before they left they showed me before-and-after pictures of the inside of my ducts. It looked great and I was assured that the job was done right. Thanks, Krystal, Bryan and Ian. AA Atlas will now have my heating and a/c business, in addition to any plumbing work.

Description of Work
Heating and A/C Duct Cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

04/11/2017

Kathie F.

Great. Ever time we have used them they did excellent work.

Description of Work
We have used them several times for various issues.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

09/16/2014

BILL B.

They were very prompt which we were really surprised especially during the heat. We were really pleased. It was something so minor and he could have said it was something major, and he didn't. We were really pleased with the service. It was very inexpensive. It was our first experience with them. I would recommend them for their timeliness, honesty, and good workmanship. I don't know what others would charge for that because we never had to call anybody for service before. I wasn't there myself, but my husband was quite happy.

Description of Work
Our air conditioner unit had stopped working. It was something like a fuse and they fixed it.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

08/01/2014

Valerie G.

Randy is very professional, very polite... He was a pleasure to work with. I will definitely call them again.

Description of Work
I was lucky to find AA Atlas. I had two different companies come try to fix my air conditioner. One didn't know this particular system and another told me I needed a circuit board replaced.... Randy, the owner, diagnosed and repaired it. As it turned no parts were necessary.... Randy said he believed the issue was in the wiring between the compressor and the furnace. He crawled under the house and as he said it was the damaged wiring. He replaced all the wiring, cleaned out the unit, and we now have cold air blowing!! I should have called AA Atlas right away and didn't waste four weeks. Randy is also a plumber, So he also replaced a pipe under a sink, fixed my two toilets. It took over four hours but i was impressed how much he got done in that period of time.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

06/16/2014

JANICE J.

Atlas searched for a hard to find shower cartridge and replaced it efficiently. Damien was prompt, kept us updated regarding our special order cartridge, was friendly and knowledgeable. The office also notified us when Damien was running late. We highly recommend AA Atlas.

05/29/2014

Kim C.

Great! Always on time, fast clean and friendly.

Description of Work
Though I needed a new shower valve but they repaired the one I had,

05/06/2014

James S.

Woke up to find water on the bathroom floor. I called AA Atlas Plumbong around 8 am and they said that someone would be out to take a look within an hour. In less than an hour Damian arrived and was able to diagnose the problem as a leaking water pipe in the slab. They were able to bypass the the bad pipe with a new one running up the walls and in the attic over to the other side of the house. Only two minor holes needed to be cut into the walls (one hole in the back of a closet and another under a sink cabinet) to make the repair and no cutting into the slab. They also replaced the main pressure regulator because the house water pressure was over 100 psi, which is too high. Damian found the problem fast and knew exactly how to fix it. A very professional job. I would not hesitate to call them again if I have another proble.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired water line slab leak.

10/22/2013

STEPHEN L.

Overall a good experience. Called at 9 am and was given an appointment window of 10am-noon on the same day. Can't beat that! Given this was my first plumbing call at this house in 12 years, I had picked AA Atlas due to good reviews, proximity, adn size, hoping to get a quick response, and I was not disappointed. Got a confirming email, and a heads-up phone call before Moe arrived at about 10:30. Moe was clearly very experienced. He pointed out a number of small issues under the sink unrelated to the clog, such as those caused by our hard water. He read my signals though that we were just going to take care of the urgent matter today and didn't push h****** the others. I'm sure that this was a dead simple drain cleaning to Moe, but it's always interesting to see an experienced pro at work and he didn't mind explaining things as he went along. It took a couple of tries down the pipe, but he got it flowing again in short order. The key issue for me was to get it done quickly so we had the kitchen back for the kids after school, and so I could go off to work. Check, check, and check. I had to rate down the price one notch because of the way that it was presented on the phone. The price was to be $137 (I had to bring it up first), if there was and quot;good accessand quot; to the drain pipe, and I was assured that most kitchen sink drains have good access. That seemed to me to be right in the ballpark of other pricing I had read about on Angie's List for a simple drain cleaning. I thought I had good access to the drain in my kitchen, since I had snaked it unsuccessfully with my little snake the night before, and it's basically a straight pipe under the sink once you get the trap off. Well, I found out from Moe that the price is $192 unless there is a clean-out present, which there was not. Now, I stand to be corrected, and you can be the judge, but I would call a cleanout and quot;excellent accessand quot; rather than good access, and I don't know how many houses have a cleanout for the kitchen drain. Regardless, if I had been told specifically about the cleanout qualifier for the initial price, then I could have found out about the higher price (and I still would have proceeded, due the the excellent responsiveness). Ultimately it was not a big deal as there was also an Angie's List discount of $20 that I didn't know about, so it was only about a $30 difference in the end. I know pricing can be touchy, especially on the phone, but I like to deal with it head-on. I don't mind paying some premium for highly-rated, responsive service. Also 5% surcharge to use Visa card..

Description of Work
Snaked a clog in the kitchen sink drain.

Category drain cleaning

White Mechanical

White Mechanical, Inc. is a family-owned business with 35 years of experience. Our experienced technicians can install and service all makes and models of HVAC equipment. Owner, John White, built this company from the ground up, now employing over 30 technicians, but he is still a major part of overseeing day to day operations. Want to talk to him directly? Just give us a call and he'll be happy to answer any questions you may have, such as any specials we may be running!

Right Now Heating and Air Conditioning Inc.

Heating and Air Conditioning Company providing fast, reliable and trustworthy service with years of HVAC experince. We specialize in Installs, Maintenance Service and Repairs as well as re-ducts, AC moves and all your HVAC needs. providing free estimates for all of Orange County out of RSM.

American Angel

American Angel heating and air is one of the best company’s in SoCal servicing commercial and residential hvac systems for the last 17 years , making customers happy everyday We are extremely professional and honest to our customers Feel free to contact us today and begin a wonderful experience with our great service

Offers by American Angel on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Residential-service-repair-new installations of all makes and models for your plumbing, heating and air conditioning needs. We specialize in drain cleaning, drain repair and replacement, sewer repair, leak detection, slab leak repair and reroutes, water heater repairs and installation, toilet repairs and installation, bathroom remodels and much more. We are a heating and air conditioning company as well and are well versed in today's high efficient equipment. We repair all models.

Whole House Repipe