We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Hawley & Sons Construction & Handyman Services

Founded 2001 • With Angi since March 2007

1459 Garfield Ct

Woodland, CA 95776

We are proud to have earned the Super Service Award 7 years in a row based on our Member Reviews. Hawley & Sons Construction provides a wide array of services to meet our clients needs, from painting to building homes, to additions and general Handy and repair work. We are a one stop shop who's

05/11/2021

Derrick H.

Warren and his team provided excellent service. We were very pleased with the end product and will contact them again first for ALL our handyman, remodel, or new build projects. Many thanks!!

Description of Work
Fence build and bathroom remodel.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, water heater repair, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, driveway gates

Hello, Just noticed your review. Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope all is well with you guys.

04/12/2021

Kathleen S.

It didn’t. Mr Hawley arrived on schedule to review the wind damage to our fences and an exterior structure door. He took photos and measurements, and made several cost-saving suggestions. He indicated he’d prepare a bid within a few days. That was a month ago. We’ve tried to reach him several times by phone and text, but no reply. We would understand if he could just tell us he couldn’t accept the job instead of making us wait. Very disrespectful and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Fence repair

Category appliance repair, fencing

Hello, I am so very sorry. Please forgive us. We've recently experienced some sudden and unexpected life circumstances and may have allowed you to fall through the cracks. Your name does not look familiar. Was the appointment set up under a different name? Sometimes when we send the proposals out, it may go to your spam folder. Please let me know if that may have happened. All the best.

07/16/2020

Carol R.

Never used this Company; priority is big projects. I was provided information that my window needs a balance repair - this was helpful.

Description of Work
Not a Carpenters project - never was!! Window needs Balance Repaired of Replaced

Category dog fence

Hello, Did we assist you in anyway? My apologies if it came across we did not want to help you. We have helped several individuals recently with window balancers. We do both big and small projects. Our priority is assisting who we can, the best we can and right now we are unable to help everyone. Let me know if I can help further.

07/14/2020

Jeanne L.

No show, no call for the appointment to provide estimate. Didn't hire, never saw them.

Description of Work
Lighting, minro plumbing

Category dog fence

[Member Name Removed], My sincerest apologies, I’m recently back from vacation and one of our guys got hurt while I was away and I’ve been so bombarded since my return. I have not checked my AL app until now and noticed first the bad review and then checked our correspondence. I did not Ben get your message until tonight. . Please continue to use Angie’s List for your needs it really is a good platform. So sorry

03/05/2020

John A.

Outstanding customer service. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Gate repair

Category handyman service

[Member Name Removed], We try really hard to make our customers feel like they are part of the family. Thank you for the kind words.

04/26/2019

Jennifer Y.

Had extensive dry rot on exterior of my home. Once dry rot trim was removed, additional damaged areas were discovered. They explained the process and the additional areas that need replacement. Each day, I would receive a written update and discussion so that I would be aware of everything ahead of time. They had to create some custom trim to match existing style. Once all rotted trim and boards were replaced, they painted all exterior trim and replaced boards. Everything blended perfectly. Workers kept everything cleaned up before leaving each day. After pressure washing and painting, everything looks great. Job took 4 days. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
exterior dry rot repair, exterior painting, power washing

Category handyman service, house painters

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We really appreciate it!

02/22/2019

Dottie C.

Excellent. Crew members were prompt, conscientious, and very detail-oriented. I was very happy with the end results.

Description of Work
Dry rot repair , other repair work, exterior painting.

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Thank you so much for the review. You were a very easy client to work for and we appreciate that.

01/06/2019

Connie S.

I have never had a handyman clean up after himself like Warren's team did. They even brought windex to wash the mirrors when they were hung. The quality of the work was excellent, and there was no mess left behind. All packaging was taken away and all dust, debris, etc. were cleaned up. You could not tell that there was anyone in the house after they left! I have scheduled them for a return trip as we have the new fireplace. If you need handyman services this is the company to use. Warren and his team are extremely customer focused and do a very professional job. The rates are very competitive!

Description of Work
We just moved into a new home and we had several small projects that needed to be completed: Hanging large mirrors, assembling a book case, hanging towel racks. We were also going to have an electric fireplace wall mounted, but determined that we had the wrong size.

12/27/2018

Mindi N.

Manuel showed up on time, knew what needed to be done, got a general lay of the land and set to work. I had inadvertently purchased a European light fixture so the parts weren’t a match. He patiently worked with me to figure out a solution and now I have an amazing stairwell light! Warren was responsive and helpful. If you need handymen work at your home, I highly recommend!

Description of Work
I was getting my home ready to sell and had a lot of random things needing fixed. Dry rot,, new light fixture installed in a high ceiling, laminate floor repair, drywall repair, and kitchen cabinet repair.

10/28/2018

frank R.

I am a local contractor in Napa California for 25 years in business and 15+ with other contractors in Northern California. One of my best clients lost their home just after three years of renovation to the fire of 2017. They chose to rebuild. I was asked to rebuild their dream house of 5100 s/f and I agreed if I could hire the right people I needed to get us out of the ground and through the frame. After the fire the search was on for good, qualified, insured and bonded contractors which was not easy. Between my concrete construction contractor and Warran Hawley construction, who framed the new house, this dream may not have happened. Warran Hawley and Sons were a fantastic company to work and deal with through the entire framing process. I was truly blessed with Warren Hawley and Sons and would highly recommend them to any one for framing or ground up projects as they handle all aspects of quality home building. Very professional and courteous. My rating would be 5 star for crew, knowledge, being on the job every day and staying within budget. Thank you Hawley and Sons.

Description of Work
Frame of new home construction

Category home builders

10/27/2018

karren W.

He has completed jobs others were unable to do. He is very talented, hardworking, prompt and honest.

Description of Work
Warren has done numerous jobs for us, plumbing, painting, building, miscellaneous carpentry

Category contractors, decks, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, garage builders, woodworking, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters

05/08/2018

Susan C.

After an accident on our country highway sent a truck through our rail fence and into our front yard, Hawley and Sons provided excellent & timely service. Warren provided a detailed estimate to send the insurance company, and work was scheduled quickly after the estimate was approved. The fence was repaired and painted to match, a damaged sprinkler was replaced, and deep, muddy ruts were filled & graded. The work was all of a very high quality. The staff was friendly and professional. We are very pleased, and will definitely engage Hawley & Sons for other projects.

Description of Work
fence and other repairs

Category fencing, handyman service, irrigation systems, house painters

Thank you so very much for the review and kind words. It is what keeps us going what we do! Best regards, Hawley and Sons

04/06/2018

Evelyn D.

all work was done beautifully would hire again.

Description of Work
Hidden door install and wall modification looks amazing. Floor install also excellent work, and window removal and stuccoed and support post repaired

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, doors

Mr. And Mrs [Member Name Removed], thank you for the kind review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

04/03/2018

Kary S.

All excellent! It went wonderfully.

Description of Work
Prep of exterior cracks, exterior house painting, and sub-contracted gutter and roof work.

Category handyman service, house painters

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the kind words. Hope all is well. Look forward to talking soon.

03/31/2018

Ed F.

Warren and his crew were excellent. The work they did was on time and on budget. Even when faced with changes or when unexpected challenges arose, they continued with a positive attitude and completed the task. I can highly recommend Hawley & Sons.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel and Other Projects

Category drywall, electrician, fencing, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed], Anne and Winny for your continued support.

03/30/2018

Craig C.

The work was slightly delayed due to rain but everything was completed in the time frame that we were quoted. Everything looks great and was done at the quoted price.

Description of Work
Painting and replacing rotting wood

Category handyman service, pressure washing, house painters

So sorry for the delay. Thank you for trusting us with your home repairs. It was definitely a pleasure working with you. Best regards, Hawley and Sons

03/30/2018

Nichole W.

It went very well with Warren. He was always polite and delivered what he said he would. Contractors are HORRIBLE at communicating or being on time or delivering on time. We never had a problem with Warren. The men he contracted out to were similarly professional. They cleaned up after themselves and cared. It was such a difference from other contractors we have worked with.

Description of Work
Full shower remodel, fixed backyard fence and gate.

Category fencing, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for the review Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. Please tell your husband hello and thank you both for your service and sacrifice. Many blessings to you both.

10/28/2017

Phyllis B.

Great ! Warren was professional and very patient with all my requests. I would definitely recommend him . He does Quality work .

Description of Work
Hang large chandelier and install curtain rods

09/20/2017

Elmer C.

Primary work completed in one day as scheduled with follow-up the next morning for minor detailing and quality check. Price was not the cheapest in town however quality of work and attention to detail by the Mr. Hawley made it worth it. Excellent follow through by the owner of the company, and our best experience working with a contractor to date.

Description of Work
Repainting of two rooms and replacement of door casings.

Category handyman service, interior painters

07/13/2017

David D.

It went as well as you could expect. Warren, his son and his staff were fantastic. We truly enjoyed our experience with him and his crew, and would work with them again in the future. We have had some bad experiences in the past, and Warren was so wonderful. We have already recommended him to friends and plan to use him in the future upcoming projects.

Description of Work
We had a ceiling repair, clean out from under the home, replacement of two windows, removal and replacement of a back door, and replacement of cabinets.

Category handyman service, hauling services, remodeling, doors

06/29/2017

Anatoly S.

Unforeseen: fireplace rattling/resonating when home theater is in use. Warren modified fireplace (added brackets, dampening materials, etc.) to make sure it doesn't make any noise. To say the least: that was not easy! Exceptionally good with masking/protecting the room, our kitchen and family room share same space, kitchen had no dust whatsoever! VERY HAPPY with the result, will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Family Room remodeling. 5 in-wall speakers installed, fireplace relocated, wiring for 5.1 system, av rack installed, whole room painted, tile work on the floor, some stucco work on the exterior wall

Category electrician, remodeling, house painters, interior painters

04/12/2017

Brendan L.

It went well. First, Warren showed up and asked a bunch of questions about what we wanted done and was able to give us a quote within a week. After signing the contract, work started very quickly and was finished within three days. Everyone was friendly, attentive to what we wanted, and worked professionally.

Description of Work
We had a bedroom with drywall damage. We had the drywall repaired, all four walls textured to match each other, and painted. We also had the garage door repainted and the a post blocking the garage door removed.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

09/21/2016

Richard W.

Hawley and sons provided excellent service throughout the entire project. Worked well with the architects who made a few small errors in he planning process. We are remodeling another home and will definitely use them again. We have had problems in the past with lesser costly contractors and all we can say is you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Hawley and sons built our home from the ground up.

Category fencing, handyman service, siding, home builders, house painters

07/20/2016

DELRICK T.

Hawley and Sons are very professional and do excellent work. You will love their work performance. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Handyman/Renovation work

Category handyman service, hauling services

Thanks for the Kind words [Removed Member Name]. Looking forward to working on the shade structure.

07/16/2016

Yayoi W.

The estimate was about the same as another. I wanted to hire them, left my cell number, but received no response.

Description of Work
Cut open drywall, install recessed box with gas valve, put drywall back, and patch the wall for my gas oven range in the kitchen.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Hello [Member Name Removed], I just checked our files to see if we had written a proposal for you however I do not see anything in our records. Could it be possible you have us mixed up with another contractor?