GANESH WORKS

Founded 1973 • With Angi since September 2007

1233 E Beamer St Suite B

Woodland, CA 95776

We are a full service Electrical, plumbing, handyman service. We install Solar systems, whole house fans, ceiling fans, tankless water heaters, etc. Home Renovations

09/18/2018

Maya D.

Ganesh works installed some recessed lights in our bedroom and a fan in our living room. Both projects went very well....Chris was professional and quite good at his job. We are pleased with the work that was done and will continue to use this service.

Description of Work
Electrical

10/25/2017

Deborah S.

They gave me options and explained what would be done. Helped me to understand what would be the more efficient, least expensive option. They were kind, friendly and very willing to explain answers to questions I had. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Install electrical for garage door and worked on rewiring some unpermitted wiring in my garage.

Category electrician, lighting

03/04/2016

Lawrence M.

they were on time, professional and did the job as requested. seemed a little expensive but the quality was worth it

Description of Work
Replaced electrical box and added some exterior fixtures

06/03/2014

Paul S.

Getting the appointment scheduled was not easy and I nearly cancelled as a result. Friendly, but the scheduling a problem. Only one experience with them but would give a 2nd chance.

Description of Work
Install an under-counter water filter

10/04/2013

SUSAN C.

It took about 2.5 hours. It works. I am delighted to have hot water quickly at those two places. I respect Chris Lambert's work. He previously installied a dishwasher and a dryer for me. He does neat, careful work.

Description of Work
Ganesh Works put in new hot water lines from my instant hot water heater to my clothes washer and kitchen sink, 3' and 9' distant, resectively. Copper pipe now runs exposed on the laundry room wall and inside my kitchen counter.

Category plumbing

05/20/2013

Jim W.

Very pleased. This is a local company that's been in business for years. They work hard and do a good job.

Description of Work
Upgraded wiring thru the whole house

Category electrician, handyman service

04/01/2013

Donna L.

Okay, except that I had a couple other potential projects that he evaluated first, so ended up charging me for the consult, because that time was included in his overall charge. Also charged me a $75 "trip charge" even though his business is local- about 3-4 miles away!

Description of Work
2 exterior covers for outlets, installation of 2 owner-provided motion-sensor lights.

03/18/2013

Olga S.

Ganesh was prompt, did the work quickly and on schedule and left the work site relatively clean. They did exactly what they said they'd do, for exactly the price they quoted. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Ganesh replaced my water heater with a tankless water heater and they installed a fan in my bathroom.

02/01/2013

Aquacena L.

We needed work done for a resale report. They took the list from the City, performed all the work and the city signed off. Very efficient and reliable.

Description of Work
Great work. Very professional and the know the city of Davis well.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

10/09/2012

Kreg Z.

Bill and his office staff were polite and professional on the phone and in person. They were prompt, on time, worked a Saturday and adjusted their schedule to fit me in. They were flexible to change the hook up for the dryer as gas and not electricity. After the closet was sheetrocked I called Ganesh and told them they must have sent the wrong guy. There were huge horrible gaps and extremely bad cut seams. Cuts on the sheetrock were wickedly curvy and over a half inch off in places. Portions of sheetrock corners punched roughly out and were crushed and crumbling in several places. The spakling/mudding job on the sheetrock was extremely rough . I had to do it over myself. (Granted I was told they didn't do finish work.) One shower surround wall was cracked and a nail behind it caused it to "tent out" in a very noticable ding at eye level. How much energy does it take to shove and force a thick shower surround in to crack it and make it ding out? I was told they didn't notice that and that it was fine and okay. I raised my objections, was told: 1) its okay <I still didn't like it.> 2) they would have to take out the other pieces to replace it <I still didn't want it.> 3) it would have to be ordered. <I didn't like it.> It would takes three weeks and etc. You get the idea. Above the shower was particle board with a water proof barrier layer but the edges showed me the nice brown of the particle board. The distance between the shower surround top was about 1 1/2 feet. The board went up half way. I was told they didn't go all the way up, because they didn't have enough when they went to buy it. The tops and sides of this thick board were exposed particle board. Does exposed particle board in a shower soak up water? When I pointed this out, they said I could seal it myself. I asked if this was finished up to code. "Yes". They pointed out to me their "custom work". Which was a small piece up molding with a few rough cuts in it with some silicon. This was custom work. I could be wrong on this, but I thought before we did the job I requested the hookups (water/gas) for the stackable washer/dryer closet to recess into the wall for more room. They weren't. This next thing is telling of this job. In this w/d closet one water pipe has the nice silver metal flange covering the hole cut for the pipe. The other water pipe flange was cut nastily with snips because they forgot to put it on during piping. The gas pipe has no flange. One out of three. Trash: they left the cardboard for the surround for me to throw out. No big deal. When they replaced the cracked shower surround wall however, they left it in my driveway by the trash. I had to take it to the dump. Shower surround walls do not fit well in a trash can.

Description of Work
Ganesh Works installed: 1) a new shower surround and fixtures, 2) converted a shower to a stackable washer/dryer area and 3) sheet-rocked a closet. They plumbed for the washer dryer, did the electric lines and a gas line.

Category electrician, plumbing, woodworking

09/07/2012

Lynn B.

The service was very good. He was very competent and arrived on time.

Description of Work
They did electrical work.

08/16/2012

Mike C.

d)Went without a hitch, took them two days as estimated.

Description of Work
We asked for an estimate, they came out as scheduled and went over the home remodel project with us and made some helpful suggestions. Once we accepted bid, it took a week before they could come out, and they showed up on time. We had two new lines pulled through the attic from the circuit box to the kitchen , 7 led pot lights wired, (we installed) , wiring for ceiling fan (we installed), wiring for oven and microwave (220V, we installed)) and wiring for Juno Leds for under cabinetry lights (we installed). Also, they wired a ceiling exhaust fan for venting the broiler (we installed). My wife and I had done much of the construction work but wanted to make sure professional did electrical. Some of the wiring was made easier because we had cut out the sheet rock for other purposes, so this could have kept some of the cost down.

03/06/2012

Leah R.

Ganesh Works provides good service at a fair price. I have full confidence that the work was done well and is up to code. The Ganesh team is very familiar with Davis codes and regulations, which is an important aspect of having work done on a home in this city.

Description of Work
Ganesh Works replaced a dining room light and installed a dimmer. On a separate visit, they replaced all of our smoke detectors. Both times the work was done as expected and when expected. I would not hesitate to use Ganesh Works again. The cost listed above is a combination of both jobs.

12/28/2011

Eugene H.

We've used them on previous occasions. The work was perfect. We plan to use them again in January for another job. We don't get competitive bids and we rely on them. We don't investigate and accept their hourly rate and don't question it. We think it is fair.

Description of Work
We used Ganesh Works to install a new toilet and they repaired some electrical work that was faulty that had been done by a previous electrician. They also repaired a toilet that was leaking.

Category electrician, plumbing

10/29/2011

Pat L.

Service was prompt and efficient. I would defintiely use Ganesh again.

Description of Work
Installed new bathroom exhaust fan/light and and new smoke detector.

10/18/2011

Stephen B.

They responded very promptly and effectively.

Description of Work
We used Ganesh Works last spring to fix an electrical outlet that was shorting out.

09/09/2011

Jeff A.

Excellent work at a very reasonable price. Extremely easy to work with these folks.

Description of Work
Numerous odd jobs...furniture assembly, fireplace repair, furniture moving, door locks, etc.

Category handyman service, moving companies, fireplaces, doors

01/08/2011

JOYCE DAVE W.

First visit for an estimate, they were on time and quickly gave the information requested. Second visit they scheduled for the afternoon. Fell behind and didn't come that day, but communication on this was poor. Despite cell phone and message recorders, they didn't really let me know until I called. Third visit installed the fan and did a minor plumbing repair. Work was quite good quality. Cost was high, though they came recommended and I felt that they had the know how to do the work

Description of Work
Installed owner purchased ceiling fan and removed old one

Category handyman service, plumbing, ceiling fans

12/23/2010

Bryan P.

They are a little sloppy on their attention to detail. They are very knowledgeable about what they do. In that particular instance there were some screws left on the floor and a door straight plate wasn't put back in place. I may try somebody different the next time to see how they compare.

Description of Work
I used Ganesh Works to do a whole bunch of handyman work for me last summer. They recently did a couple of small things that included electrical and doors. He adjusted a couple of doors that were not closing correctly.

Category electrician, handyman service, doors

10/27/2010

PETER R.

Estimate was provided promptly, work scheduled efficiently, they arrived on time, worked intently and finished efficiently.

Description of Work
Ganesh installed a 220 volt line and a new 110v circuit in my shop.

07/23/2010

Eugene H.

They are terrific; they do great work. They're in my house today, working. They have also replaced our water heater in the past. I like their work. Their prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
They are rebuilding a studio work room. They have done the wiring, plumbing, and general carpentry work. They installed a door, lighting, and a ceiling fan as well.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, ceiling fans, doors

04/12/2010

Shannon J.

I left a message on Sunday evening and was called back on Monday morning. I was told that they could possibly come Monday afternoon and that they would update me after talking to the person out on service calls, but I didn't get a call back-- the workman just showed up at my door a few hours later. He was friendly and professional and figured out the problem with my door (the screws had come undone because they were too short) and took steps to ensure it wouldn't happen again (he used screws three times longer). For the time involved (almost two hours), the price seemed fair.

Description of Work
Repair broken pocket door

Category handyman service

02/25/2010

Robert K.

Knew what he was doing, identified the problem was related to a bad batch of bulbs and only charged the minimum trip charge for the trouble.

Description of Work
Reviewed lighting problem with canned lights in kitchen

Category electrician, handyman service

12/14/2009

Georgia M.

The work went well. The price was very good. Everything is still working so the quality of work was good.

Description of Work
Ganesh Works did some repairs around our house about a month ago.

Category handyman service

06/05/2009

Beverly W.

Wonderful! Work was completed quickly and for a reasonable price. Friendly office staff.

Description of Work
Replaced a damaged electrical cord on a big, industrial-sized 2-burner hotplate.

Category small appliance repair

A2B Storage and Moving, Inc

A2B Moving and Storage Inc. gives you the top quality services that you deserve. For more information about our services and pricing please feel free to call us. Local Mover, Interstate Moving Company, Distance Movers, Residential Moving Service, Full-service Moving Gold River, CA Mover, Interstate Moving, Long Distance Movers, Residential Movers, Full-service Moving Companies https://a2bmovingandstorageinc.com

Budget Hauling

Here at Budget Hauling, we aim to provide exceptional customer service in the moving industry. Our services include but are not limited to professional Local and Long Distance Moving, Hauling Services, Removal Services, Item Transporting, and In-Home Moving. “Big or small, you call we haul”

2022 Super Service Award

Two Men and A Truck

It’s no secret that moving an entire household is stressful, and we’re here to help you with managing your relocation stress. Our Sacramento Movers, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK, has a 96% referral rate from customers who refer us to friends and family for their next move, you can trust the “Movers Who Care®” and our thousands of positive moving reviews. Local moving is what our brand was built upon three decades ago, and since then, it’s been our mission to exceed customers’ expectations. We’re proud to offer a professionally trained staff with all proper moving equipment to provide you with a stress-free, seamless moving experience. With more than 30 years of experience as leaders in the moving industry, we’ve learned a thing or two about packing efficiently. We offer full-service or partial packing and unpacking services, or for those packing on their own, we also carry a full line of boxes and packing supplies to help you get the job done right.

Please refer to our website - ganeshworks.com