Cosmic Renovation and Roofing Inc

Founded undefined • With Angi since November 2018

At Cosmic Renovation and Roofing, we offer years of professional experience and product expertise. We specialize in high quality residential upgrades and services such as roof installations, cool roof paint, solar installations, windows, full home remodeling including kitchen, bath and room additions as well as hardscape and historical house renovation. We take pride in combining innovation, industry knowledge and exceptional customer care with every project we do....

A Service Provider's profile image

+157 more images

home remodeling2021
Full home remodeling & hardscaping coming soon in the heart of Los Angeles.
Full Home Construction project

home remodeling

2021

4.4

4.4

4.1

interior painting (18)house painting (17)home remodeling (13)drywall (10)flooring (8)electrician (8)tile installation (7)door installation (6)lighting (6)window replacement (5)plastering (5)ceiling fan installation (4)

01/10/2022

Susan C.

They did not even get up on the roof to measure for the estimate.

Description of Work
Owens-Corning DuraCool Shingles

Work Completed On 01/10/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed], upon checking on your case we discovered that we in fact did not go up on your roof since your roof is made out of tile. We do not recommend any roofer to go up onto any tile roofs unless they are already working on the project. There's modern technology we use today to measure roofs, such as yours, that does not damage your roof.

10/10/2021

Arturo V.

I scheduled a site meeting for an estimate. I drove 40 minutes to the site to meet their rep., and they didn't bother to inform me that he was running 2 hours late, until after I had arrived at the site. They wasted my morning, and their apology was lame. Gave me attitude.

Description of Work
Apartment building painting and siding renovation.

Category siding, chimney repair, house painters

Work Completed On 10/06/2021

We apologize but we can not find you in our system. We're always punctual when we set an appointment and we always call in advance (30min-1 hour prior) to confirm your appointment.

04/26/2021

Rene R.

Cosmic Renovation & Roofing did a great job building our deck. Our deck was over 30 years old. Ben responded immediately to different options and also worked within our budget. We called other deck companies and there were long delays or no call backs. We love our deck and are proud to show it to our neighborhood. We have received many complements regarding the deck. We highly recommend Ben

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your kind words, working with you was a pleasure and hearing that you are happy with the finish results reminds us why we love doing what we do. We are here to help always with anything you may need!

08/16/2020

Margarita N.

Over all it was a good experience. My old driveway was falling apart. Now it looks awesome. I was given a two week estimate but it was done in a week. There was a hick up, however; in all fairness most construction jobs have hick ups. Nevertheless, it was resolved. There was an issue with the total square footage but the company took care of it at no extra cost. Miki was very professional and a pleasure to do business with. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Driveway pavers

Category concrete driveways, home builders

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Review for Cosmic Renovation and Roofing Inc - 6300 CANOGA AVE, Woodland Hills, CA - 38802899

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed], we are glad to here that we were able to help you in renovating your old driveway! We feel fortunate to have homeowners such as yourself to work with!

04/17/2019

Marcia B.

My overall experience was awesome.. Below is my story in full detail. I inherited my grandparents 5-bedroom home. The house was in hideous shape and needed repairing ASAP! For months, I called contractor after contractor, and each time I was given extremely high estimates. My remodeling project consisted of new double pane windows, new kitchen cabinets as well as new granite counter tops, and a refrigerator which appears as if it's hidden within the kitchen wall. My sister loves to cook, so adding an island would be a great idea. In order to reserve more space in the kitchen, my sister and I decided to have a "Rev-A-Shelf" installed. The bathroom was very very dull looking and definitely needed a major face-lift. Therefore; I decided to have new flooring, a walk-in tub plus a shower door made of all glass with brass handles and matching fiberglass sink added. Needed extra space in the den area, so knocking out the wall was the perfect resolution to my problem. The next task was to replace the Shingle roof that was 50 years old and had major leakage with the tar and gravel barely visible. At this point, I was not having any luck finding a reputable company to take on this specific task. Finally, a neighbor suggested Cosmic Renovation & Roofing. I took the time to do some research about the company and found out they have been in business since 2009, they are licensed and approved by Owens Corning. Owens Corning has validated " Cosmic Renovation & Roofing" as the premier company to use for all your "Home Improvement" needs. Again, loving Cosmic Renovation & Roofing, they truly do produce excellent work!

Description of Work
Roofing, Granite Counter Tops and New Flooring for Bathroom

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

Thank you so much for the kind words, [Member Name Removed]. It was such a pleasure working with you on your home. We appreciate you trusting us to take care of your home improvement needs from installing new windows to remodeling the kitchen and bathroom to installing a new roof and additional work around the house. You and your sister were very welcoming and always a pleasure to deal with. We feel fortunate to have homeowners such as yourself to work with! All the best to you and your sister!

07/19/2015

Barbara G.

They were professional and helpful, but very expensive.

Description of Work
Put in a retaining wall and created a parking place.

Work Completed On 07/22/2012

06/28/2015

V M.

No details they seemed to be nice and hope they will really honor what they said previously. Since they were too busy when I wanted to use them.

Description of Work
I haven't met with the provider yet. When I contacted them around the holiday they were very busy and told me to come back whenever I could and they would honor the deal. I had construction work on my home was has been painfully slow in completing and so will contact them soon.

Work Completed On 01/15/2014

11/22/2014

Kishore H.

They came over for the estimate, quoted a total of $6900 (not including coupon). I thought it was a good price, but I did not have it at the time. Decided to sell the house, so I no longer need the deal.

Description of Work
Ending Soon - $1,299 for Home Exterior Painting Package with Paint Included!

Category house painters

Work Completed On 07/17/2012

08/26/2014

Janette G.

I am not real happy with them. I got what I wanted but I had to work it to get it. I have never remodeled anything before so I kind of got taken a little bit but I stood firm and would not lease them until they did exactly what I wanted. I found out the importance when someone comes to do a bid or drop a contract, you should have something drawn so everybody is on the same page because what I imagined and what you imagined are two different things. He was just saying, he was going to do this, this and this, and wrote it down but never got a drawing. So the way he put the tile in looked terrible. I had to go to the point of, and ldquo;you can tear it out and put it back in right or you can give me half my money back or we could go to courtand rdquo;. He chose to tear it all up and put it back all right but it wasn't nice and smooth. It wasn't a good experience. It was going to be a three week job and it ended up being three months. We disagreed on the toilet he wanted to put in but it was my bathroom so we had a few words over that. I don't want to do it again. Next time I am not going to look at the money so much. They tore it out and put it back at their expense.

Description of Work
I bought the tile, I bought the toilet, I bought the sink and the grab bars and they put it in.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2014

08/12/2014

Henry W.

The rep did not seem skilled at working with people at all and was pushy (wanting us to accept a deal that was not attractive to us) and a bit rude and impatient, I thought. His suggestions were fine but too expensive and they did not seem to reflect any savings that might be had from using the pre-paid deal certificate. I tried to point this out to him but he seemed not (or wasn't willing) to understand what I was saying. I was turned off by his suggestions because they involved spending more money than I wanted to and because he was not giving me the savings that the coupon seemed to warrant. I got the certificate refunded by Angie's List. Working with this rep was a bad experience and I will never use them again.

Description of Work
Top Design sent a representative to discuss various smaller house-improvement jobs that would be fulfilled by a deal certificate I earlier paid $200 for through Angie's List. The rep showed up on time, seemed to know what he was talking about and made suggestions as to how we could spend the coupon. We did not like the suggestions and did not hire them.

Work Completed On 06/26/2012

07/24/2014

Ruby B.

I had a 1953 kitchen that was closed off from the rest of the house. I had 2 walls removed -- one weight baring. The walls were replaced by beams. The objective was to open the kitchen up to the rest of the house. I now have beautiful custom cabinets, a huge center island, quartz counter tops and abalone shell back splash. In addition to the new kitchen, they lowered my fireplace hearth to floor level and built a wall to enclose my 3rd bedroom.

Description of Work
I had a new kitchen built. This required the take down of 2 walls -- one of which was weight baring so the cost was higher than I had hoped. After seeing how much had to be done to hold up the roof and then put in two new beams, I see why the cost was high.

Work Completed On 07/16/2014

06/16/2014

Leona M.

Top Design Inc. was professional, on time, within budget, providing clean work. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Exterior paint, custom trim and porcelain flooring

Category remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/12/2013

06/13/2014

Lynn G.

Did an excellent job on whatever I asked him to do.

Description of Work
various odd jobs

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 06/01/2013

06/10/2014

Fred C.

We ended up not going with this provider because of price. This is one of those companies that sends out a sales rep to sell you on how great they are and because if this, the price is double. We appreciated the punctuality of the rep but once we started talking price it was way to high. We ended up going with another provider that did more for less. After the appointment the sales rep kept calling and calling since we didn't commit to them right away. When I explained to him that I had gotten someone else for 2k less he told me I should've called him so he could have given me a better price. I felt that the better price should have been presented to us right away, I don't have time to go back and forth. Furthermore, since the price difference was close to 2k with less surfaces painted(the guy I went with painted all ceilings, baseboard and crown molding, this was extra with top design), I didn't feel it was worth calling them back. I experienced the same kind of tactic when I got bids for hardwood floors a couple of years ago, we had Empire give us a quote and it was more than double than anyone else, same type of thing, they send a sales rep that tries to get big $$ because he has to get paid, instead of having the guy that will actually perform the job come and give you the price.

Description of Work
Painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 03/02/2014

05/30/2014

Beverly B.

They came and talked to me, but they know nothing about mobile homes, but they insisted they could do what I needed, but when they were talking to me, I knew they didn't know my codes. I didn't use them. She brought somebody who had a little computer, and they drew up a design, but they didn't listen to what I wanted, and he drew up the design as he wanted because they were in a hurry. They were very agreeably aggressive, and I wasn't going to be pushed into anything. I knew from the words that they were using that they didn't know that mobile homes are different, and they are not like normal kitchens that they put in. I told them that I had only a certain amount of electricity coming in, and they said they would change it, I told them they couldn't but they said they can. I asked, just in case if they were right, and they weren't. They really wanted the job, and were determined to say they could do it, and I knew they couldn't. They were kind of in a hurry, and that is probably why they didn't listen to what I wanted.

Description of Work
I had purchased a big deal for Top Design Inc. The big deal was for a custom kitchen or bathroom design and floor plan.

Work Completed On 10/01/2012

04/16/2014

Kelly L.

It didn't go very well. It was $200 for basically 6 man hours or you could apply that to them doing a remodel. I was remodelling my bathroom so I thought, this will be great. I can either get some man hours or I can get some help on the remodel. He came out, and I don't have the guy's name anymore but he was one of the principles, one of the owners or whatever. I told him what I wanted to do and he said that basically what they would do was, he just wrote out $3500 and we will remodel your bathroom. He had some pictures of other bathrooms that they had remodeled. I said, well, I don't really...he's telling me he is applying the deal or the discount. I told him that isn't really what I want and I listed the things that I want. I asked if we could explore a couple of different options and he goes, no, we don't do that. What we can do is do your whole bathroom that's the $3500 with the discount because of the deal you already bought. I said that I wasn't interested in that so I would just take the man hours. So, we agreed that he would sent 1 guy out. I needed my bathroom painted, I already had a bunch of plaster work done. I needed my bathroom painted and I wanted the grout between the tiles ground out and then regrouted. I told him ahead of time that I didn't know if all of that could happen in 6 hours but I wanted 1 person to come because I at least everything done well and then I see how it goes with the grout and if I am happy with the work I'll have you finish that grouting job. Anyway, at the last minute, literally the last minute, I get a phone call the night before they are supposed to come that says, they are not sending 1 guy out they are sending 2 guys out and it is after hours and I can't say anything about it. The problem with that is that it not going to be possible for one person to paint a rather small bathroom and another person to work on the grout, they would be on top of each other. They send these 2 guys out. It is like the 2 stooges. They show up, the one guy seems pretty professional, the other guy seems like a used car salesman. They want to do this and they what to do that. I said, no all I want is for it to be painted and to brighten up the grout and regrout it. They were like, okay, okay, okay, we will paint first. It is not even possible for these 2 guys to even paint in the little bathroom. I find out after they are there that I am supposed to supply the rollers. I had the paint, I had everything but I didn't have the rollers. The one guy goes to Home Depot to get rollers and he gets lost. He burns up an hour of time going to get them. I said, you guys could have told me ahead of time. The other guy is prepping in that time. They did the painting job and there are a bunch of drips in the paint in certain places in the bathroom because there was too much paint. They said it was where the fibers in the roller came off in the paint. They got paint on a couple of surfaces that were not supposed to get paint on them. They attempted to grind out parts of the tile. It didn't really work. They broke a little piece but they didn't charge me for that. They scratched up some of the tile and my favorite thing that they did was that they got paint on my hardwood floors. I said, you need to clean that up and make sure you leave everything the way you found it. They are acting unprofessional and the one guy is acting like a total buffoon. So, the one guy takes paint thinner to clean off the paint and strips the finish off of my hardwood floor. The time is up, it was 2 guys for 3 hours, they did a shit job and make certain things worse, like my floors. The company calls me and says, oh, oh, oh, we want to make it up. So the same guy shows up with a can of lacquer and he is just going to spray over the part of my hardwood floors that had been stripped. I was like, no! I ended up fixing that and so what I got for $200 was a shitty paint job, part of my hardwood floors that I had to fix, scratched tiles in my bathroom, and just a completely exasperating experience.

Description of Work
I used a Big Deal with Top Design Inc in last Augues of 2012.

Category ceramic tile, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/15/2012

01/22/2014

Rawlins L.

Excellent job - quite pleased with the results. Have received numerous compliments from friends/neighbors. David Potra was great to work with. Had a couple minor glitches, nothing major. Resolved quickly/painlessly. Reason for B in Professionalism was a problem with the electrician, who was later fired. Liked them enough to have them work on a rental! How's that for satisfaction?

Description of Work
Whole house (San Diego) remodel.

Work Completed On 11/15/2013

01/08/2014

Mayet M.

Helped me assemble Ikea bedroom furniture which seemed to be a surprise and gave me a feeling this was "beneath" his trade.

Description of Work
I used Top Design Inc

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 01/06/2013

11/25/2013

Thomas F.

They did an excellent job! High quality, and it was done quickly. They clearly knew what they were doing. There were no negotiations or controversy. We dealt with Nick, who was our liason/salesman to the company. He was excellent, and seemed to be technically informed.

Description of Work
They repaired a block wall & brickwork trim. Roots were breaking down the wall - they had to remove the wall, chop down some roots, and redid the wall. The entire process only took a week.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/28/2013

10/17/2013

Jo S.

The original time quote was 1 week, it took 2. The trim was done in 2 days. The small area of flooring that needed to be repaired turned into having the entire floor replaced. That was not an issue but I did have to go purchase all of the flooring and padding myself and deliver it back to the house. The upstairs bathroom tile turned out nice, but the dirt and stains left on my hallway and stair carpet was nasty. There was no completion walk through. I was instructed to sign the paperwork and leave the check for the workers to pick up. For my next round of projects, I would probably use someone else.

Description of Work
Replaced some outside house trim, Replaced kitchen laminate flooring and tiled an upstairs bathroom

Category flooring contractor, remodeling

Work Completed On 08/14/2013

10/07/2013

Marc M.

The 2-person and quot;crewand quot; was scheduled to show up a couple of days after their and quot;supervisorand quot; previewed the work. They showed up about an hour late and one of the guys looked like he was straight off the Home Depot parking lot. Even though they were there to scrape and paint a 12-foot high patio cover, they brought no tools and, importantly, NO LADDER. They stood around for about 30 minutes trying to figure out how they were going to do the work without a ladder and then asked me if I had a ladder they could borrow. I told them I had ONE ladder but there were two of them and they would need another. I then called the and quot;supervisorand quot; who told me and quot;you paid for handyman services and that does not include any ladders or tools.and quot; STRANGE because he never mentioned that during his high-pressure and quot;previewand quot; visit. Nevertheless, he and quot;graciouslyand quot; agreed to provide a ladder. He showed up about an hour later and and gave them a collapsible 6-foot ladder from the trunk of his car, which was worthless for the job at hand. For the rest of the day, they took turns with one guy standing around while the other guy used MY ladder. Needless to say, they did not complete the work but the supervisor and quot;graciouslyand quot; agreed to have someone return the next day to complete it. They told me they needed some more supplies. I told them to pick them up and I would reimburse them. The next day, the office called to tell me that they couldn't come that day but could come the following day. The following day, only one guy showed up an hour late (Mr. and quot;Home Depotand quot; did not show up again). When he said he was finished, he presented me with the invoice to be reimbursed for the supplies. When I asked him where the leftover screws were, he showed me a beat up box with a few screws in it. When I told him those were not the screws on the receipt, he went to his car and managed to and quot;findand quot; the new box of screws that I purchased. After he left, we noticed that the job was extremely slipshod (particularly up above - out of sight) and my wife and I ended up redoing the work ourselves. And the ICING ON THE CAKE is that they left a plastic dropcloth covering part of the GRASS and KILLED IT. I could go on, but I think you have the picture. I believe Angie's List bears a good part of the responsibility for these shoddy and quot;Big Dealsand quot; because they take a hefty commission. Angie's List has been bugging me for over a year to post this review and HERE IT IS folks. I have no confidence that Angie's List is impartial - particularly with their involvement in these and quot;Big Dealsand quot; and no attempt to vet or monitor the Big Deal contractors. I wouldn't allow Top Design, Inc. to set foot on my property again, even if they offered their services for free. They are nothing but a high-pressure, bait and switch outfit who has no interest in offering and quot;Big Dealand quot; value or good workmanship. Their only concern is how much money they can extract from the customer. RUN, RUN, RUN.

Description of Work
We purchased two Big Deal coupons ($398) for a total of 12 handyman hours of work. We wanted them to scrape and paint our free-standing patio cover. When the supervisor (aka high-pressure salesman) came out to "preview" the scope of the work we wanted done, it was clear that he could have cared less about painting the patio cover and was only interested in trying to sell us a new kitchen, among other things. He glanced at the patio cover and mentioned that they probably couldn't complete the work in 12 hours. We told him we would see how it went and either authorize more work or finish it ourselves. We also told him we might consider them for a kitchen remodel depending on how we liked their work.

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, garage builders, house painters

Work Completed On 07/10/2012

09/30/2013

Myra L.

It is obvious to me that I am on someones "sucker list", because I've had dozens of calls this month from well meaning people trying to solicit work. So when Guy called me... I was prepared to tell him "Hello and Goodbye". But his charm and sincerity took over, and before I knew it, I was actually discussing a major problem I was having with my air conditioning. The problem has been on going for years and no one has ever diagnosed or handled it properly. To make a long story short, Guy took control of the situation and contacted many people, including the manufacturer... and between him and his Air Conditioning Supervisor, Yuri, they felt they had found the answer to the problem... and so they proceeded with the repair. So... I have got my fingers, legs and eyes crossed all in hopes that they found a cure to my problem. ONLY TIME WILL TELL!!!!!! But I've got to tell you... both Guy and Yuri personally made it their business to closely supervise and bring in very capable and professional workers to the job. Everyone was careful and respectful to the premises, cleaned up after themselves and disappeared as though they were never there. It has been a very long time since I have dealt with such a well put together company... and I applaud them for the emplooyees they have... cause they are the guys that make or break your reputation ... but Guy and Yuri have made this company look so good.

Description of Work
They fixed my insulation and air conditioning so that they work properly.

Category insulation, remodeling