ATM Remodeling & Construction Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since March 2013

License: #958338. ATM Remodeling & Construction Inc. offers years of experience, expertise and design skills making homes beautiful and functional. We mix creativity, innovation, product knowledge and exceptional customer care to all of our remodeling projects. We provide focused, tailor made

2022 Super Service Award

May 2022 Bathroom Remodel

home remodeling

Complete bathroom redesign. Toilet location was changed to accommodate a dual vanity. Shower was shifted to the window wall to allow enough space for a bathtub/shower design.
View project

home remodeling (81)tile installation (29)interior painting (20)flooring (18)plumbers (17)electrician (14)countertop installation (10)door installation (7)concrete repair (7)glass repair (6)hardscaping (4)hardwood floors (4)

04/13/2022

Laurin B.

Sam was incredibly trustworthy, fair, reliable, and professional. In addition, his prices are super fair and competitive. He was a complete joy to work with! We had to have my living room walls and ceiling repaired due to water damage. His team quickly installed the insulation and drywall, matched my old moldings, painted the walls, and was able match the texture and color of my existing ceiling which was not an easy task! He and his team finished the project ahead of time as well. I will DEFINITELY be giving Sam more house projects as they come. If you are on a mad hunt for a trustworthy contractor, look no further!

Description of Work
Drywall, insulation, molding, paint and ceiling repair and texture

Category bathtub refinishing, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/13/2022

03/30/2022

Sabri M.

Bathroom and flooringand flooring It was pleasure working with this people do you know what do you doing

Description of Work
Bathroom and flooring

Category bathtub refinishing, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

03/29/2022

Frazay A.

I’m so glad I hired ATM remodeling to redo my bathroom. My bathroom had a major leak from the toilet and had to be completely remodeled and replumbered. Sam came and took a look and attentively asked me how I wanted the bathroom to look. My house is a 60 year old house so I wanted to revamp it up so I asked him for a modern chic looking bathroom. I was involved in all the color and tile decision making. He gave me great suggestions on how to improve the look of the bathroom and they all turned out really nice. I get so many compliments on the way my bathroom looks now. I’m so excited to hire ATM REMODELING for the rest of my houses renovation.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling

Category bathtub refinishing

Work Completed On 03/28/2022

03/28/2022

Brian K.

ATM really goes out of their way to bake sure that the entire remodeling process is exactly the way you want. Sam is great at touching base with you and following up with any changes you may want or need and works with you so that the work is done exactly how you want. Even after everything was done, they made other changes that we wanted and were extremely accommodating. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen and bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing, closet systems, concrete repair, electrician, flooring contractor, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/28/2022

09/13/2019

Alvaro M.

Well, obviously I had to go over my original budget. My total spend on the house was $900,000. Honestly, in my opinion and the opinion of many of my friends who lived through the renovation with me, I believe I got $2 million dollars worth of remodeling for that $900,000. That’s how good Sami is. I love my new home and Sami did not cheap-out on anything. Knowing the situation I was in he worked with me every step of the way. Even doing some things at cost because as he used to say “I want you to feel you got the home you wanted.” If you hire ATM, and I recommend you do or at least give them a chance to bid on your project, I offer the following thoughts about remodeling in general, ATM and Sami: 1. Remodeling a home is as stressful and painful as every one says it is. At least for me I felt that my contractor was “on my side” the whole time. I was a friend to Sami, not his enemy. (I say this because Sami did not do the landscaping and the contractor I hired to do that part treated me like an enemy the minute he got the job. Stole my deposit money and never did the work). With ATM I was more likely to owe them money than the other way around. 2. Things do go wrong on renovations, especially of old homes and especially ones that are in poor shape like mine was. Whenever something went wrong Sami would take my calls and come out right away to see the problem and have it fixed right then and there or the next day. The man stands by his work and unlike other contractors I’ve dealt with who don’t take your phone calls, or play fast and loose with the truth, Sami was a man of his word and always showed up to make things right. This is invaluable in a contractor. 3. Be prepared for the project to take longer than you think. Don’t ask me why, but things are found to not be stable, and have to be fixed before the “decoration” work can be done. Or permits take longer to acquire than you hoped. I often got impatient during mr remodel but I realize now that Sami wanted everything to be perfect and to have permits for everything to avoid trouble for me later when I go to sell the house. 4. Sami is a gentleman through and through. When things looked bleak and my budget had gone up and things weren’t going as fast as I’d like I could always count on Sami to say “I want you to have the house of your dreams. Sometimes that takes time.” Well, Sami delivered on his promise. He’s the real deal. I adore my new home and it looks amazing.

Description of Work
I bought a 1929 home from a “flipper” who had put a veneer of quality over what was ultimately a very flawed and unstable home. He hid problems well so the inspection did not find many of the problems. Thinking the house was in “great shape” I came up with a budget along with my excellent designer (AGF Designs) and I was ready to install the “bells and whistles” to my new home. My designer recommended ATM remodeling and Sami the contractor. THANK GOD I hired ATM. I pretty much needed to go through my original budget just to make my new home safe and fix the problems the “flipper” had hidden so well: Damaged roof, rotten under-flooring, fake I-beam which was basically so shoddy that the house began to collapse under its own weight, no insulation, sub-standard wiring etc etc. I was devastated. I wanted my budget to go to building a pool, a pool house, an outdoor balcony over the family room, decking in the back yard, upgraded floors, re master bath etc. Just when I thought my dreams of my “bells and whistles” were gone for good, ATM said that if I was willing to work with him he was willing to work with me. I would have to go over my original budget, and I may have to wait a little longer, but Sami said that he thought he could make the house stable and up to code AND give me most of what I really wanted. I couldn’t believe it. He literally wanted me to fulfill my dream for my new home and not take advantage of my situation. The man is incredible.

08/27/2019

Claire M.

Wonderful. Sam was easy to work with and we loved the end result. The project took longer than quoted, which was frustrating, but in the end we have a fantastic bathroom.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

07/02/2018

Barbara A.

Great. I call the owner, "No problem, Sam," because every time I'd think we'd hit a terrible issue, he'd say, "No problem." Then the issue would disappear by the next day. His crew were cheerful, polite and took care not to damage the other rooms as they worked. I love my new bathroom.

Description of Work
complete gut and remodel of bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing, concrete repair, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

06/06/2018

Danna H.

After doing a search for bathroom remodeling contractors, we came up with the names of three companies with whom we met. The ideas and prices of two contractors were not something that we liked or could afford. We met with Sam Meir, the owner of ATM Remodel and Construction. He was very helpful giving us ideas and walking my husband and me through the process including adding handicap accessibility to one bathroom. The crew performed two complete bathroom remodels (down to the studs) and they were able to perform all the work including extensive plumbing rerouting in a timely manner. The workers were amazing with their skills and made sure to clean up at the end of every day. Overall, we are very happy with our remodeled bathrooms. Thank you for your hard work.

Description of Work
Remodel two bathrooms

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

02/16/2018

Nealy F.

My main contact, Sam the contractor, was professional and responsive. The guys who did the actual work were very polite, extremely hard working, thoroughly cleaned up before leaving each day, trustworthy, and did an overall excellent job. There was a little bit of a language barrier but it didn’t cause any issues. I would definitely recommend ATM and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Shower remodel: Demo existing tile shower. Hot mop. Replace all pipes. Install new marble. Install new shower head and sliding door.

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

02/14/2018

Mario M.

Sam of ATM Tile provided an estimate, which was more than some other guys who weren't licensed at all, so I bit the bullet and decided to hire him after negotiating that I would buy my own tile. Sam is pretty chill and personable and responds to questions. However sometimes he was slow to respond or didn't answer certain questions. I checked with the State of California, and ATM Remodeling is licensed, Sam is licensed, and I trust that he knows about construction. I'm not sure if the guy who works for Sam is licensed. When I got the construction permit from the city (an extra $200+ by the way), they insisted that as owner-builder, I would have to ensure that my contractor was licensed, so I hope that the guys under Sam were licensed, if it was necessary. The work went at a pretty good pace. I had agreed to provide faucet in the contract, but I didn't get around to it when they were going to install it. The shower installer/plumber/tiler guy bought one and included it in the cost of the existing contract without a change order, but they didn't get exactly the faucet that I wanted. Oh well, it's a rental. When it came to getting the tile, I had some difficulty. I had to go to 3 Home Depots in order to get all of the linear feet of bullnose tile to match the wall tile, which the installer/plumber/tiler guy insisted on. He ended up not using them (because they were too wide to cover the area that they were going to cover but I didn't have any option), which was pretty annoying, but at least I was able to return them. He cut the rest of the wall tiles to make the corners and it came out looking pretty good, but perhaps not ideal. There were some wall tiles left over, glad I had bought extra beyond what he said he would need. To my frustration, the work ATM did damaged the floor in front of the shower and the wall in the hall adjacent/behind the shower. I hope that they didn't damage the studs in the framing. They put a little section of replacement flooring, which is temporary because it looks super tacky because it's so different from the original, vintage, non-fake-wood linoleum. My tenant doesn't quite like the new open shower, kind of old fashioned, like the coziness of the 3' by 3' shower more than new modern shower which I thought was pretty ironic.

Description of Work
Demolition and removal of a tile standing shower roughly 3' by 3' in area and 10 feet tall, due to leaking shower pan (and deteriorated drain flange). Installation of a new tile shower from the studs and concrete slab up, using existing plumbing. We agreed that the new shower would slightly wider and more open than the original. activities as listed in contract: frame shower, hot mop, replacement drain, new faucet, tarp paper shower walls up to ceiling, floating and cement floor installation, tiling (I provided the tiles and grout), new shower walls, patching of walls and new showerhead. The invoice says there is a 5 year warranty. It happened right before Christmas 2017. I don't celebrate, but I know it was a tight time for everyone.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/20/2017

07/25/2017

Doris R.

I never received any services other than the initial consultation.

Description of Work
Sam was very nice and professional the day he came out to look at my kitchen for some remodeling. After consulting with him, I decided to just do my floors at this time, and he gave me a very fair price. I would've been happy for him to do the work, except I think the job was too small for him. He hasn't, to this day, showed up to do any work, even though he told me he would. This is why I'm giving him a negative review. Please don't say you are willing to do work and then never show up. Not good. I have found someone else to do the work.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

02/17/2017

Adam R.

All I can say is wow! I have dealt with many contractors, but none have been as good and efficient as Sam! Don't waste your time and look no further! I got 3 different quotes to remodel my bathroom and Sam by far came in with the best price, and always followed up with me during the decision process. His workers are top notch and I can't wait to use Sam again for future projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel, installation of 7 interior doors, and painting in 1 bedroom.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 02/08/2017

Review for ATM Remodeling & Construction Inc - 19803 Victory Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA - 34477963

Thank you for choosing our company ATM Remodeling and Construction inc. It was a pleasure working with you, and we hope you choose us again in the future.

08/08/2016

Sherille C.

Our kitchen and small bathroom looked as if it was the original since the house was built in 1955. The space was outdated and felt very cramped, especially when having guests. This is not exaggeration, but we must have interviewed 12 contractors before deciding on Sam and ATM Remodeling. We spoke to every type of contractor from the unlicensed/uninsured to somebody who said they price their services based on how much value is added to the house and bragged about how he remodeled an A list celebrity's house. We ultimately chose Sam because he was the most reasonably priced of the contractors that would give us a bid. We had dealt with many contractors with our previous projects so I was reluctant to believe other Angie's List reviews that said Sam was a trustworthy contractor. But he definitely IS trustworthy and professional! Once the price was agreed upon, Sam never tried to raise the price, even if there were unforeseen problems. Every contractor we have hired in the past has found a reason/problem to increase the price after signing the contract. Sam did not. In fact, Sam is a perfectionist and would fix all the unforeseen problems without causing you added stress, even if it took several attempts. Sam's crew were also punctual, professional and respectful of our home. We weren't afraid to leave them in our home while they worked. The quality of their work also exceeded my expectations. When interviewing contractors, I made it very clear that I needed somebody very good at tiling. I needed to see straight grout lines and even corners and that is what I got. I would absolutely recommend ATM Remodeling, and have to my friends.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, break wall down to open space, drop and insulate ceilings, add recessed lighting, open wall to extend mud room and stack washer dryer, remodel small bath

Work Completed On 07/25/2016

07/30/2016

Joshua M.

Amazing. ATM was an incredibly professional and responsible company without any of the hassles and up-selling we were experiencing when taking bids from other contractors. The owner, Sam, was incredible to deal with from the moment we first met him, working within our budget, being patient when we had a one month delay in the start date (as we searched for tiles), and going the extra yard to make sure the work was done right once the job began. Our staircase in particular required extra tile work that we hadn't planned or budgeted for. ATM's tile designer, Moses, took care (and two extra days of work) to make sure every tile was cut right and properly installed. And we weren't even charged overages! I can't say enough great things about ATM and the experience. After so many hustler/con-men showed up and gave us inflated estimates from some of the competitors (here on Angie's List) it was a pleasure to work with a responsible, professional company that offered a reasonable budget, excellent work, and zero drama. We are redoing our garage in the fall and hope to hire ATM again to do the work. Can't recommend them enough!! Hire ATM, you won't be disappointed. A+!!!

Description of Work
The tiles in our front walkway and on our front porch had cracked and decayed and needed a complete replacement. We needed to re-cement the walkway and re-tile the entire area.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, concrete driveways, remodeling, patios

Work Completed On 07/23/2016

07/28/2016

Lauren S.

Excellent! Was able to remove old tub without having to re-tile. Great work. Thank you!

Description of Work
New bathtub

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/27/2016

07/18/2016

Nina D.

We very recently completed a project with ATM Remodeling and are very pleased with the results. The house went from drab and dated to new and modern. My 1958 ranch home had been tenant occupied for the last 20 years, I decided to take the opportunity to remodel and update it prior to moving into it myself. The major project was the kitchen, cabinets, quartz counters, flooring, appliances, etc., but almost every surface of the house was touched, popcorn ceilings were removed, all interior surfaces and some of the exterior were painted, recessed lights added, all the receptacles and switches were changed, plumbing updated, drywall was added to the garage, new exterior light fixtures, a new doorbell and even a new mailbox were installed. The owner Sam is not only a knowledgeable contractor; he has a great eye for design. Both he and his crew are is honest, trustworthy and helpful. Sam is always available to discuss ideas and ease fears. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to him. Be assured that if you want your job done right at fair price you should not hesitate you use ATM Remodeling. I highly recommend ATM Remodeling and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
General updating including, full kitchen remodel, bathrooms, electrical, plumbing, flooring, painting, removal of popcorn ceilings, garage drywall and storage, etc.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/30/2016

07/01/2016

john J.

ATM came on time and provided a lot of design ideas for my kitchen and bathroom. Much of the ideas I thanked their project manager personally for as I would not have been able to progress to the next step without those ideas. 20 please years of experience gave me confidence that the job will be completed up to code and permits and everything. Well worth your time to call these guys as they will be punctual and competitive in pricing for your next home project.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathrooms complete remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/15/2016

04/06/2016

Partha M.

Initially, I gave a bad review because I was not receiving what I was promised. Later I found that Sam was out of town. That's why he could not send me the 3-D designs I was expecting. Eventually, he responded back and I like their design ideas. I think I'll work with them again.

Description of Work
They basically provided a design consultancy for my garage upgrade.

Work Completed On 04/05/2016

04/04/2016

Partha M.

They came to my house, saw the garage but never delivered the 3D design.

Description of Work
I paid this company to receive a 3D design for the garage conversion project in my house.

Work Completed On 03/25/2016

03/25/2016

Brian K.

Sam was hands down the very best contractor that I have ever worked with. From the very start I had a good feeling about him because he was very patient and had a great eye for small details. When he came by to give us a quote for our project, I was especially impressed with how accurate and detailed his drawings of our kitchen were while he was making them on the spot! We were very nervous about the whole project because it was our first time doing a major remodel and I was especially worried about it going well. Sam was extremely patient with us and was very pleasant to work with even when I was calling him and asking him questions nonstop everyday. Sam was very willing to accommodate whatever we wanted and was always interested in what would make us happy rather than what was simply the easiest thing to do. If there was anything we didn't like or if we thought something would be better a different way, Sam always took care of it without any argument or any problems! He was very easy-going and it made the project feel less stressful knowing that we were working with someone that actually cared about the end result and helping us make our home truly our home. Overall, the project went by very quickly and smoothly. Even though we hit some hiccups with a couple of surprises (which we knew was bound to happen with a house built in 1920), Sam was able to handle everything easily and helped keep us happy and calm. I highly recommend ATM remodeling.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen and living room area, made a window in the wall between the living room and kitchen.

Work Completed On 02/18/2016

03/01/2016

Deyna B.

Overall positive experience and happy with the finished product. He is genuinely concerned about making his customers happy. He went out of his way to try and help save us money where possible. The project wasn't finished on time, but he kept us mostly up to date on the progress. Only complaint is that Sam isn't very responsive, which isn't normally a problem, but with new home owners who are anxious about the process more responsiveness would be desired. He did show up when he said he would, but some of the workers did not. I would definitely do business with him again, those minor hiccups are part of the construction process.

Description of Work
Paint whole house, put engineered hardwood in living room and laminate flooring in all 3 bedrooms.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/23/2015

02/02/2016

Datta S.

I took quotes from 4 contractors. I felt comfortable when I talked to him. I felt he was something I could work with. I chose him not just because of the price but his approach & personality, his quote happens to be the best of all. I am glad I hired him. He has lot of ideas but not pushy. I changed my plan couple of times, our ideas evolved as the work started, but Sam was patient and willing to work with us. He took me around to choose the materials - travertine, quartz, back splash etc. His guys picked up materials for me. Work was completed on time. He always responded within an hour. He salvaged the mirrors, while other contractors could't guarantee. Mirrors were in good condition, I didn't want to replace them. One minor incident though: His guys sprayed the water accidentally on the floor & ceiling. Created a stain on the ceiling and walls. But Sam took responsibility and painted the whole area for free. I wanted to paint anyway, I got the labor free. I don't have any qualms about it. Work completed on time as per the assessment. His crew cleaned up after the work. Overall I am really happy with the work.

Description of Work
Remodel Master bath completely including the stand-in shower, tub, countertop. Replace carpet with tiles in living room Install Quartz countertop in guest bath

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/16/2016