American Home Improvement Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2015

American Home Improvement Inc. is a Southern California-based residential remodeling and construction company. With over 13 years of hard-earned experience in the Home Improvement Industry, we currently specialize in full home renovations, kitchen and bathroom remodels, and ground-up construction. Here at American Home, we take pride in serving our clients throughout what may sometimes seem like an uncomfortable and messy experience. Our main goal is to provide our clients with a wide variety of expertise, knowledge, professionals, and outstanding customer service. American Home Improvement is here to help make your home remodeling experience smooth and affordable. $5000 project minimum....

A Service Provider's profile image

+638 more images

LABOR DAY SPECIAL - Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

LABOR DAY SPECIAL - Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

home remodeling202291356
LABOR DAY SPECIAL $2000 OFF - PROMOTION SPECIAL SAVINGS - CALL 800-774-0420 OR 818-661-8785 Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom Here's The Deal: $2,000 credit toward kitchen or bathroom remodeling for invoices of $40,000 or more Credit can be redeemed towards kitchen or bathroom remodeling project, including labor and materials Payment for this offer will be made directly to the service provider. Please discuss options at the of contact. Limit 2 per household The Real Deal: You have big remodeling dreams and a small budget. Let the pros come to give you a hand with this great offer. Not valid for cashback Offer cannot be combined with other specials or offers Offer cannot be applied to current or past jobs Appointments are to be performed during normal business hours Image may not reflect the exact product/service Offer expires 6 months from date of acquisition $2,000 OFF YOUR NEXT KITCHEN OR BATHROOM REMODELING labor day rebate PROMO 2019 for the first 100 inquiries Call now 800-774-0420 OR 818-661-8785 offer is for a limited time and will expire on Sept 30, 2022 https://www.ahibuilders.com/

home remodeling (98)countertop installation (19)patio enclosures (9)cabinet refacing (6)Patios (1)lighting (44)plumbers (43)electrician (42)interior painting (41)drywall (40)marble & granite (32)plastering (32)

07/25/2022

Ed S.

Jack Mair of the company was excellent. Everything was upfront, honest, done on the proper timeline (especially as Jack advised, we order the materials on time with the subs his company recommends) and the work product was excellent. We have several more projects to our 50 year old home which need done. I will ONLY hire Jack, his company AHI, and subs he recommended. Cost wise, in todays society, would be considered a bit more than fly by night construction companies. My mantra is don’t be cheap with what you eat, how you sleep (bed and mattress) or what you put on your feet ( cheap shoes are NO good)…my new mantra is “I’ve got a better chance of ‘fixing’ the World Series” than anything in my home. so when it comes to home projects I shall hire Jack and AHI because they might actually be able to ‘fix’ the World Series.

Description of Work
Bathroom overhaul and upgrade

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, lighting, plumbing, appliance sales, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/15/2022

Review for American Home Improvement Inc - 20335 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA - 39811342

Thank you very much for your review.

03/17/2022

Beth P.

It was fantastic, great results. Price was reasonable. Work done timely. The project manager Shawn walked me through each step of the process and managed all the details. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Full remodel of kitchen, bathroom, hallway, bathroom and office

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, asbestos removal

Work Completed On 03/17/2022

11/20/2021

Waleska C.

Signed contract 1/21 and it is 11/20 and they are finished yet. They come and work a few hours and leave in a hurry.

Description of Work
Remodeling of two bathrooms

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/20/2021

10/14/2021

Katherine W.

We remodeled our bathroom with Jack from American Home Improvement. From start to finish, the project went smoothly, even with COVID shipping delays. He was responsive and friendly in all interactions, from those with our kids to our skittish dog. The crews that he brought in were excellent and their craftsmanship is top notch. I would definitely hire them again in the future!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/14/2021

09/02/2021

Brad O.

Lots of promises - none of them kept. They did not stay on budget despite the fact that I told them I could not go over. The project manager went on vacation before the project was complete and left us holding the bag. Took four separate complaints to management to get the job finished. I asked for a reimbursement for our troubles and they took zero responsibility and in some cases made it out as if I did something wrong. When i told them that they would be getting bad reviews, they accused me of blackmail and then threatened to call the city on me. Don’t use these guys, they are not professional.

Description of Work
Garage renovation

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 08/27/2021

06/20/2020

Natalie R.

After interviewing several contractors, my wife and I hired American Home Improvement to remodel our master bathroom, guest bathroom, and laundry room in West Hollywood. Within hours of initially contacting them, AHI sent a project manager, Neev, to our house to generate a quote. From the outset, Neev was very detail oriented, picked up on a couple of issues that other contractors had missed, and sat down with us to come up with a quote on-site. AHI’s price was comparable to other bids we had received, so we ultimately chose them for the project because they seemed the most service-oriented and capable of delivering what we wanted. I’m glad we did. Neev was very responsive, communicative, and organized throughout the project. He helped us work through a couple of issues that arose in renovating a nearly 100-year old house without nickel and diming us. His foreman, Tal, was very hands-on and helped us settle some design issues, and the entire crew was polite and very respectful of our home (unlike some other subcontractors we’ve had in the past). They were also willing to work a few weekends to help us stay on schedule. Ultimately, despite some setbacks for which AHI was not responsible (e.g., materials delivered broken or late due to coronavirus), the team was able to finish the project within the time we had originally budgeted and we are thrilled with the work.

Description of Work
Bathroom and laundry room remodel

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/06/2020

Thank you so much for your review .

12/06/2019

Jill G.

This was the BEST experience! Neev was so responsive, explained everything to me (multiple times) and finished the project early! I could always get a hold of him and the work is impeccable. I could ask as many questions as I wanted and really felt like they cared about my project. It was such a seamless process that I'm ready for my next project!

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen

Work Completed On 11/29/2019

Thank you so much for your review . We really appreciate your feedback !

11/06/2019

Mike C.

I needed a garage conversion and I heard that American Home Improvement is right company for that job. They respond quickly to my quote and gave me best possible offer and I hired them. The project went perfect, on time and within budget. The result was as I expected, excellent. I highly recommend American Home Improvement, they are truly professionals!

Description of Work
Garage conversion

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 11/05/2019

11/06/2019

John G.

I found this company on internet, they have many excellent recommendations so I contacted them because I needed my master bathroom remodeling. They answered quickly and very detailed. They gave me estimate next day and I was very satisfied, I hired them. The project started quickly after we signed a contract. The project manager Eli and his team did great job and I am very satisfied with my remodeled master bathroom. Now I see why this company have so many great recommendations, I also highly recommend American Home Improvement!

Description of Work
Remodel a Master Bathroom

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

06/23/2019

Andrew P.

I’m not one to typically post a review, but after our recent experience with American Home Improvement and specifically our project manager Neev Kugel, I felt obliged to comment on their phenomenal work. We contracted them to remodel our kitchen as well as re-do the flooring in adjacent rooms and other related improvements. I was extremely impressed by how professional Neev and the whole operation was from start to finish. Outside of knowing we wanted to update our kitchen, my wife and I really didn’t have a clear vision on exactly how we wanted it to look. We essentially put our faith and trust in Neev to deliver an end product that we would love and he didn’t disappoint. At the start of the project, Neev brought in designers who were very knowledgeable, creative and receptive to our ideas to help create a contemporary and elegant design that both my wife and I loved. From there, Neev developed the project plan and timeline that was consistent with the original estimate. Throughout the entire process, Neev was very communicative and would always clearly outline next steps so we knew what to expect. This made the process much smoother and reduced the typical frustration that can come with remodels because we always knew the status of the work. Now this is not to say the project was completed without any snags. As with any project, there were surprises that came up. However, Neev always worked with us to explain the issue, outline our options, and would work with us to make sure we were happy with the final outcome. All of the workers brought into our home showed the same level of professionalism and quality craftsmanship. Most importantly, the final outcome of the remodel was outstanding. Not only was everything completed on-time and on-budget, but it turned out absolutely stunning exceeding our expectations. And as the say, the devil is in the details, and it was the details where the quality of the work came through. It was clear that they do not cut corners. The quality of the work was beyond reproach. In terms of price, we didn’t do much comparison shopping before going with AHI. Neev impressed us when we initially brought him in so we didn’t get other bids for the project. I can say anecdotally the price was very comparable to what some of our other friends paid for similar work. And most importantly the price originally agreed to is was we ultimately paid, which is very important to me. No bait and switch. All in all, I would highly recommend Neev and AHI if considering a home improvement project.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We truly appreciate it and are always happy to hear that our customers are satisfied. Bringing happiness and satisfaction to our clients is our goal. Feel free to contact us at any time.

04/28/2019

Hiddo N.

We received and accepted the highest bid from this contractor. We decided after a great presentation that it would be worthwhile to have them do the remodel. All started well, communication was great. We did not change our minds after signing the contract. The follow up continued with design renderings and finish product shopping list which they provided as promised. We enthusiastically committed to spend thousands on buying the necessary hardware and bathroom finish products in anticipation of starting our project. Three weeks after we signed the contract, they called and stated it would be too expensive to do our job. that they had concerns with site access, that the job may require multiple site inspections and that none of their contractors wanted to take the job. I reread the contract and it states in fine print that it is not valid until approved by the home office! At this time I do not believe we have any recourse but to accept. We are now left with thousands spent on bathroom hardware and finish products and remodeled bathroom. Needless to say we are very disappointed, especially since we choose this contractor based on recommendations from Angie's List and their solid reviews.

Description of Work
Remodel small condo bathroom

Category home remodeling

We are really sorry about your experience with our company. We truly tried to take on this project as we always thrive to perform all of the jobs that we contract. Unfortunately, upon reviewing the scope of work and items of the contract, we ran into a problem (detailed below) and were unable to take on this specific job. Prior to making the decision, we even tried to get several different opinions from our professionals in order to be sure that we are unable to do so. This rarely ever happens, as it is the last thing we would want to do. AHI works very hard to gain and keep every client possible. If you recall, the bathroom hardware that you purchased was bought prior to the signing of the contract, as during our meeting you showed our representative some of the hardware. The additional suggested material was never purchased prior to us notifying you of voiding of the contract. I do believe that if you check with any contractor, you will realize that you are still able to use this hardware with whichever contractor you choose to go with. Nevertheless, again, we apologize for your inconvenience and have acted to try and avoid these situations from happening again. This occurrence is unfortunate to all parties and I assure you that in the 16+ years of business, we rarely ever experience having to void a contract. Please feel free to call us anytime if you have any questions.

03/19/2019

Anthony C.

Thank you for beautiful patio you built for me. American Home Improvement is such a great company, one of the best from my experience. They were efficient, professional, finished on time and the work they did was very accurate, with no mistakes, quality at highest possible level. Will highly recommend to my friends and family and will definitely work with them again. I already contacted them for some future project!

Description of Work
Build a Patio

Category sunrooms, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/19/2019

02/25/2019

Linda L.

We hired American Home Improvement to do an entire remodel of our kitchen. Under the leadership of Sam Shecter the crew had the job finished before the 5 week estimate. They showed up promptly every time they said they would, did their work, cleaned up their mess when finished and left it better than it was. Sam was often onsite and always available by phone. He was open to my suggestions and very easy to work with. They aren't the cheapest but they did an excellent job and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Major kitchen remodel

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

02/14/2019

Robert S.

I heard for this contractor before from my friend and they redid his bathroom and it was fantastic work. I also needed a bathroom remodel so I asked for estimate which they gave me soon after that. It was acceptable so we made a deal. The whole team was very professional, they were always available to me if I needed some info or advice. The project was completed on time and within my budget. I was very satisfied with quality of work and with design. They did a perfect job!

Description of Work
Remodel a Bathroom

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

09/19/2018

Dan S.

Neev was my Senior Project Manager. He was very much on top of every aspect of the project. His communication was fantastic and customer satisfaction was at the top of his priorities. Every person on his crew was courteous and clean. We were in a time crunch and they got the job done on time as promised. The quality of the work is apparent and the finished product looks great. Me and my wife are very happy. We would recommend Neev and American Home Improvement without hesitation.

Description of Work
Master bath and bedroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/19/2018

09/06/2018

Ronald R.

We recently bought a new house and everything was OK except bathroom so we needed a remodel it. We contacted some contractors and only American Home Improvement was available on acceptable time and their offer was very reasonable so we decided to go with them for our bathroom remodel. The project started on time, our project manager was Nick and he was great, very honest, helpful and knowledgeable. The rest of crew was also amazing, very careful about the rest of house and they kept house very clean. The project didn't had any issues and it was finished on time and within our budget. Our new bathroom looks beautiful and because of that great work we decided to hire American Home Improvement for some other works.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 09/06/2018

08/17/2018

Kendan G.

We had Amrcian Home Improvement remodeled our kitchen. We really love the new kitchen and how it was layed down. We strongly recommend them to anyone who is interesting in any type of home improvement project!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling project.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, home automation

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

08/16/2018

Teresita O.

American Home Improvement is such a great construction company with outstanding customer service and very high-end standards. All of their workers are very professional, skilled and well-mannered while David always was there for us to answer all of our questions, comments, concerns and ideas. After we finished our remodeling, we can say clearly that we definitely won’t hire anyone else ever for any remodeling that we may do in the future while we will keep recommend them to our friends, family and who ever we know. Bottom line is that they were the greatest team that we can ever imagine to work or be involved with.

Description of Work
American Home Improvement remodeled our house.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, appliance sales, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, hardscaping, home automation

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

08/14/2018

Jose H.

We are very happy with the kitchen remodeling project they did at our house! we highly recommend them and we appreciate everything they did for us at our house!

Description of Work
kitchen Remodeling Project.

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

08/14/2018

Gerardo D.

We hired American Home Improvement 5 months ago to do a complete remodeling to our new purchase house that was in a very bad shape but with big potential. At the end of the remodeling, we got the stunning results that we hoped to get. The accomplishment of our complete remodeling project, exceeded our hopes, visions and dreams. We moved to our house last week and the house is completely different and brand new! All of our guests and friends are in shock with the makeover of our house. We couldn’t be more pleased, happier or amazed with how our remodeling project came out.

Description of Work
A complete home remodeling project.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter repair, hardwood floor, insulation, landscaping, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home & garage organization, woodworking, appliance sales, ceiling fans, marble & granite, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors, hardscaping, home automation, patios

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

08/10/2018

Ruben G.

Ziv was such a wonderful person to deal with during our remodeling project at our house. The remodeling project is much more the ‘above and beyond’ of what we hoped or imagined to get. Before we signed any document with Ziv, we asked him to finish the project in 6 weeks but in reality, he finished it in only 5! All the other people that were at the house each day besides Ziv, were excellent people that worked for Ziv for a very long time already. They never left the house early and they worked full days during each week. Ziv was excellent communicator and with perfect managing skills. He definitely knew what he is doing and those skills were very noticeable when we were there. We already recommended him to several of our friends.

Description of Work
American Home remodeling did a wonderful remodeling project at our house

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, appliance sales, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/11/2018

08/02/2018

Peter N.

American Home improvement remodeled my two bathrooms at my house. I am very happy with the whole work that they did for me. All the workers that did the actual work truly knew what they were doing. When it was the time of the inspection, the inspector complemented the great job they did. I highly recommend American Home improvement. Thank you all!

Description of Work
2 bathrooms remodeling project.

Work Completed On 07/13/2018