Above & Beyond Tree Service Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2005

22030 Ventura Blvd, Suite H

Woodland Hills, CA 91364

We are a licensed and fully insured tree service, in business since 1998. We serve the San Fernando, Conejo and Crescenta Valleys, the Westside and Coast, and much of the Los Angeles basin. We serve residential, business, real estate and construction trade clients. We feature full-time, fully

04/16/2016

Allen F.

From the estimating process to the final clean-up and work, they were excellent. Brian walked through the yard with us, was upfront about expensive things like removing a palm tree (we decided against it) and provided a reasonable quote within a couple of days. Once we iterated on the quote once to make sure that we were all on the same page, they scheduled the work, arrived promptly and quickly set about doing the work. The Foreman walked through the site prior to the work starting to make sure we were on the same page, and even updated us on some of the trickier root removals. After the job was done, they cleaned up nicely, and returned for a final check. They had missed a couple of root balls behind a fence door, but promptly took care of those before they left.

Description of Work
Significant trimming and thinning of four trees (orange, pear, 2 Chinese elms). General cleanup of various plants growing around fencing. Removal of all shrubbery including roots from around the perimeter of the house. Removal of an medium sized tree.

10/16/2015

Jennifer A.

Fidel and his crew were wonderful. Fidel was so professional and recognizing how sad we were to lose the tree he made a bench out of part of trunk so "you will have some part of it to remember". When a few items were broken (somewhat unavoidable) Fidel came and took them to be repaired and returned them the next day. Highly recommend this company and Fidel.

Description of Work
Removed very large and old (64 years) Chinese Elm from back garden. Roots were damaged by fungus and tree could not be saved. A two day job in tight quarters.

04/29/2015

Virginia P.

They are terrific. They know their trees, they don't come and butcher, they KNOW their trees.

Description of Work
I have a huge slop at my property and they come every year and trim the trees, perennial and bushes.

12/26/2014

Jennifer M.

Cleaned everything up and didn't leave a mess. Needed two days, but cleaned the debris out front the first day, so neighbors didn't see a mess. Had them back because they were so professional, helpful, and didn't leave any signs they'd been there the last time!

Description of Work
Trimmed 5 trees that had not been trimmed in a number of years - some for many years.

08/18/2014

Ricky W.

The workmen were very careful not to damage the plants I had around the tree. They also cleaned up very thoroughly.

Description of Work
Removed a very large dead tree in my front yard.

Category hauling services, tree service

05/09/2014

Susan G.

They were excellent! They were professional, came here, got bids from other people, know what they were doing, and knowledgeable. They got rid of everything. They did lots of works and compared to some other bids we got for they are right in the middle.

Description of Work
They took down big trees.

04/15/2014

john F.

I needed to have some tall firs pruned, some bougenvillia cut way back... and some others taken out completely.... plus saving some Magnolia trees from certain demise. Brian came out to give me estimates, even though I told him I might need to do the work later. Brian was amazing. He informed me that the firs shouldn't be touched until Nov-Feb to insure their health. This impressed me, because he would make more money sooner had he done them this month. He also gave me recommendations for all my trouble spots... and even helped me understand some of my other landscaping issues.. (lawn, garden soil, etc.) He was gracious and pressure-free. A truly nice man. We will definitely be scheduling the work with Above and Beyond Tree Service in the very near future. Thanks, Brian!

Description of Work
Came out to advise and give me estimates. Brian was amazing, honest, and very knowledgeable.

03/21/2014

Gaynor P.

They were really good. I could not believe how cheap it was and he was very professional. He knew what he was doing and he was competent. He was prompt and precise. He impressed me. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Above & Beyond Tree Service Incorporated took care of tree for me.

Category hauling services, tree service

03/17/2014

JAMES P.

They did a great job. Did just what I wanted. All the trees look great. I enjoy looking at the trimmed and skinned palm trees in the front and the back.

Description of Work
Trimmed all the trees on the property.

01/13/2014

Phillip B.

We are new owners of a 15 year old home with mature trees. I have some experience caring for trees, crops, livestock, etc. I have the ability to do all this work except that I'm busy and would prefer someone else to deal with it for me. My standards are pretty high and I like things done just so. When someone can take care of something for me, that's more time for me to spend with my family. I learned of this company through my neighbor. Initial contact was professional and pleasant. I walked through the property and communicated my thoughts and concerns to Fidel about the location of certain overgrown trees vis a vis the foundation of our garden wall and the foundation of the house as well as the climbing tree in the back yard and the two other trees that needed attention (after clearly poor trimming in past years). Showed up on time, very courteous and professional. Removed and trimmed trees as requested and cleaned up mess such that it was almost impossible to detect they had been there ... just the fact that the work was done. Very nice job. I really like service companies who show up when they say they will, do what was agreed upon, clean up the mess, and charge the rate quoted. These guys are great! In the end, all I had to do was pay and I was glad to.

Description of Work
Removed three trees and trimmed three other trees.

Category tree service

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We all wish you blessings and good fortune in your new home!! Brian and the crew

05/17/2013

Minoral A.

They were good. They cut the trees and did a good job.

Description of Work
Tree trimming.

Category tree service

Thanks for taking the time to review our work, (Member name removed). Brian

04/11/2013

Todd B.

From the start they were awful at returning phone calls, I should have known. They did take town the trees, but in the process they also destroyed our sprinkler system. They cut the box off the wall - I don't even know why that was necessary and they broke the sprinkler heads. But, worst of all, they dropped tree roots into the pool and damaged the pool. After I told them about the issue, the owner yelled at me repeatedly, saying he's never heard of damage from dropping tree roots into the pool. After I asked him to stop yelling, he hung up.

Description of Work
They removed trees from our front and back yard.

Category tree service

I am grateful to Angie's List that they allow for a thorough response. 1. Our phone records indicate we were punctual in returning their phone calls and e-mail. 2.The house was under construction. There were many tradespeople of all types on site working prior to our schedule date. The lawn was dead. 3. We were hired to remove trees and shrubs and the roots to below the ground level. We told the general contractor who was on site that irrigation pipes could be damaged during the removal of the landscape and he said no problem, as the system was old galvanized steel that didn't work, and was going to be replaced in any case because it didn't work. 3.. The general contractor himself removed the sprinkler control from the wall and literally tossed it onto the adjacent front porch - we did not "rip it out". The wires were torn by our equipment during the underground removal work. I have a disclaimer for underground pipe damage during stump and root work in any case. 4. The customer, within a few hours of the job completion, sent us an e-mail accusing us of damaging the swimming pool by dropping "several root fragments into the pool which seriously stained the plaster". The customer claimed the pool would have to be drained and acid washed (curious how the customer would presume to know the damage repair remedy within a couple of hours of us finishing the job, obviously not having time to contact a pool professional and get an opinion about the cause of the damage and repair). 5. I conducted a thorough and unbiased investigation of the customers claims, inspecting the claimed damage personally, speaking directly to their general contractor, and consulting with 2 swimming pool professionals - 1 service tech and 1 pool construction specialist. In all my years in tree care, I had NEVER seen tree debris cause damage like that, and certainly not within a few hours. * The stains in the pool were caused by a METALLIC substance, not by tree debris. This fact was confirmed by the pool professionals. Additionally, I conducted a test myself, and left 3 pieces of root tissue on the steps of the pool overnight (the pool was going to be drained and acid washed anyway, so what was the downside), and THERE WAS NO STAINING OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER. * The contractor confirmed that he removed the sprinkled control box. When I contacted the customer with the results of my investigation, he claimed the stains were caused by "iron in the roots". As iron content in tree tissue is measured in parts per million, his claim is factually groundless. TREE DEBRIS IS INCAPABLE OF CAUSING METALLIC STAINS. When I pointed out that there were many tradespeople on his construction job, working with metal materials capable of causing stains, the customer refused to acknowledge that as the likely cause of the damage. After I visited the property to investigate the damage accusation, the customer accused me of criminal trespass and threatened me with arrest if I returned. After presented with the results of my investigation, the customer refused to pay me for the job that was completed per the contract specs, and hired a lawyer to write me a very nasty letter. Included in the letter was a check for the job minus the repair estimate for the pool. The customer, after withholding the money they claimed I owed them, then proceeded to file an insurance claim for the claimed damage repair, even though they had deducted that amount. I have records to substantiate every response I have made to this review; all the customer has is groundless speculation combined with needless aggression and nastiness. I respectfully ask Angie's List members to consider my reviews and my response to this customer's claims, give me the opportunity to prove to them the quality of the work we do and ethical business practices we continually and successfully strive to maintain. Brian Ordelheide

10/02/2012

AMBER O.

We have used Above and Beyond several times and it's always a very positive experience. This time one of the tasks was really difficult - removal of a really huge, nastyvine growing in a small gap between our garage and fence. Everything went great. I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Removal of a large cactus, a small cactus, a small peach tree, a medium sized lemon tree, stump grinding, giant honeysuckle vine removal in a tight space, jacaranda tree trimming.

Category tree service

Thanks for the review, (member name removed) . I really appreciate you keeping us in mind. Brian

07/26/2012

Eddie L.

I would recommend them. He was very professional and knew his job. He was open to any issues or concerns that I had. He was very good and I trusted him with any issues or concerns.

Description of Work
I used Above & Beyond Tree Service for brush clearing.

03/08/2012

Jennifer M.

They clean up after themselves. They did a very good job and the prices were reasonable. The office staff was pleasant and they kept the job within the quoted price range. I was very impressed with them.

Description of Work
They trimmed some trees for me. They have also removed a palm tree for me.

08/29/2011

Janine B.

The overall experience was excellent. They trimmed the tree exactly as we had discussed, and asked along the way if it was going as planned. The clean up was very good too.

Description of Work
Above and Beynd is an outstanding tree service company. I ahve sed them several times fo my huge Mulberry tree. This tree requires pruning by someone who knows what they are doing so the tree retains it's shape. Brian and his team do a great job, every time.

08/20/2011

John M.

. They did a good job and they cleaned everything nicely. Their price was competitive. I will use this provider in the future.

Description of Work
. I used Above & Beyond Tree Svc sometime last month to do tree service.

06/03/2011

Ernest M.

Original plan to remove Liquid Amber tree and Lemon tree was modified by Brian (owner). He recommended removing the surface roots and deep root fertilizing to save Lemon tree. Also, he pruned back a Locust tree. The crew did an excellent job. He saved our trees at a reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Pruned three trees, removed surface roots from large Liquid Amber tree and deep root fertilizing of mature Lemon tree damaged by frost and drought.

05/26/2011

AMBER O.

First, Brian the owner came to do an estimate. He was on time and very pleasant and reasonable. The only small issue I had was a delay in getting the actual appointment scheduled. During the actual appointment, the crew was on time and finished much more quickly than I expected (about 3 - 3.5 hours for the work described above). They trimmed the trees aggressively and cleaned up thoroughly. It was a great experience overall.

Description of Work
Above & Beyond Tree Service cut down a melaleuca tree leaning on our neighbor's house, trimmed several other melaeucas near power lines, did a very large pruning and shaping of our jacaranda tree (we now have sunlight in our backyard!), cleaned a dracena tree and heavily trimmed an uruly bougainvillia full of giant thorns.

04/26/2011

Kerri S.

It was pretty reasonable. They responded quickly and came out and diagnosed the issue quickly. They took care of what needed to be taken care of.

Description of Work
I used Above & Beyond Tree Svc. a year ago for tree service.

Category landscaping

03/29/2011

judith H.

We think that they did a good job. They got the job done fairly quickly and took all of the debris away. We thought that the pricing was very expensive. We probably would not use them again only because of the price.

Description of Work
We used Above & Beyond Tree Svc about 2 years ago and they did pruning and tree removal.

03/16/2011

Erick B.

The workers were on time, great to work with, and really went the extra mile. They were all hard workers (6 guys), making sure to do a superb job. I had gotten 5 estimates prior to selecting Above and Beyond, and went with them because Brian (the owner - he came and gave the estimate) was very knowledgable, and most importantly their estimate was the lowest. I usually don't go with the lowest, but I read enough reviews on Angies List and decided to give them a shot. I was not disappointed one bit. This is a prime example where lowest cost doesn't mean inadequate job performance. Well worth the money spent, and I would recommend them to everyone. I've got some other trees that need trimming, and will have Above and Beyond do the work... I won't even bother getting estimates from others the next time.

Description of Work
Trimmed some palm trees on my property.

10/07/2010

Kimberley B.

They did an excellent job, just like the last time. The service, work and communication is excellent as well. We will be repeat customers.

Description of Work
They trimmed a tree.

10/05/2010

Virginia P.

They did a great job. They cleaned up everything beautifully and their pricing is competitive.

Description of Work
They trim the trees once a year.

06/29/2010

JP J.

We used them regularly at our old house in West LA. Always punctual, true to the bid, polite and prompt and great service. The yard always looked great when they were done.

Description of Work
Trimmed two large ficus trees to allow for optimal sunlight, trimmed very large ficus hedge along two sides of the back yard. Removed all debris.