Original Richard

Founded 1972 • With Angi since June 2009

Our company was founded in 1972 for the installation of acoustic ceilings. Since that time, we have expanded to become a reliable painting contractor, stucco contractor and drywall contractor. In our over three decades in business, we have served over 40,000 satisfied customers in Los Angeles, CA

2022 Super Service Award

plastering (141)drywall (91)interior painting (82)stucco (66)house painting (38)electrician (24)general contractors (19)lighting (16)woodworking (14)water damage restoration (12)plumbers (10)door installation (7)

11/06/2022

Justin G.

Richard and his crews are amazing. I’ve had them do various remodeling work at my home over the years, which has amounted to a full remodel. Most recently they painted my house, installed new gutters, redid my landscaping and hardscaping (including installing a new outdoor shower and drain), rebuilt a set of indoor stairs to our loft (very steep rise/run and narrow, but Richard made them very usable and safe for my young kids) and finished parts of my attic in a smart way that that added a ton of space and utility to my home (he was very creative and solved a ton of issues that others struggled with). Richard’s pricing is always fair, he has great workers and he always makes sure the job is done correctly and to your liking. He also moves fast and is respectful across the board. Really can’t say enough great things about him and his company. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Indoor and outdoor painting, electrical, plumbing, stair rebuild, land and hardscaping, outdoor shower and drain, gutters and downspouts, other remodel work

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, stucco, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/06/2022

09/17/2022

Gabriel A.

Richard and his crews did a very thorough and professional job. They knew what they were doing and even showed me their work during the process. Richard wanted to make sure everything was done right and personally inspected the work his crew performed. Richard answered all of my questions and made sure I felt comfortable with the price and the scope of work to be performed.

Description of Work
Weep screed replacement, stucco repair, and painting

Category stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2022

08/01/2022

Dwight A.

If you are removing acoustic 'popcorn' from ceilings, I recommend that you give Original Richard a chance. The crew is very experienced in the process. There are other companies that specialize in popcorn removal that bid less and told me they would do my 1100 sq. ft. job in just a day. I wanted a good job rather than a fast one. After getting the proposal from Steve at Original Richard and discussing the job I was convinced that Original Richard would do it best. They took 4 1/2 full days, usually with 4 guys, and got it right. They also changed out some ceiling lights to new LED lights. I could not be more satisfied with a one-stop contractor that got it right. I will remember them as 'Right Richard' rather than 'Original'.

Description of Work
popcorn ceiling removal

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

Dear Member, Love it! Right Richard definitely is a very good name and proud to be remembered that way. Our crew as well as Steven & Richard take pride in their work and get the job done right. We thank you for this great review and look forward to any projects you may have in the future for us.

06/29/2022

John K.

Steve and his crew did a great job. They covered the floors and draped the walls with painter's plastic. The ceiling was scraped in no time and the cracks were repaired. All the drywall joints and screw indentations were recoated twice with a fast-drying drywall compound. No sanding. When dry Steve applied a light texture coat. All plastic was picked up and removed leaving the living and dining room spotless. This, all in one day. Hector and Armando returned after the weekend, recovered everything, and put on one coat of sealer and two coats of paint on to finish off the job. I can't say enough about the quality of work.

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removal, crack repair. texture coat and paint.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/21/2022

Dear Member, Yes that is exactly how some projects usually go, thank you for your detailed and informative review. This review gave some good insight on what to expect, we appreciate it and you for your business.

04/20/2022

John A.

Richard and Steven were great to work with. We needed to demo an old rock fireplace and rebuild it in a style that is more appropriate for a California Mission style home. Their bid was excellent, way better than the other bids we received, and they completed the work in a much quicker time frame than I had expected. If you need anything done with plaster, they are the guys to go with!

Description of Work
Built a Spanish Style Fireplace

Category concrete repair, drywall, picture framing, plastering

Work Completed On 04/14/2022

Dear Member, We thank you for your compliments and wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and are happy to have been able to help out with your project.

03/16/2022

Sue G.

Original Richard's experience paid off in the painting job at my condo. No issues and completed in a timely manner. Definitely would hire them again.

Description of Work
Full condo painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 01/17/2022

Dear Member, Thank you for your great review! We were glad that your Original Richard experience paid off [Member Information Removed] we look forward to new experiences.

10/11/2021

Christina C.

The company is long standing. Our home was a total remodel. The customized work was amazing. Every detail played a huge role in our satisfaction. The Owner is attentive and cautious of progress. He really has a keen sense of quality and pride in his companies work. Extremely satisfied.

Description of Work
Interior remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 10/11/2021

Dear Member, Thank you for the detailed and great review. We are glad to hear you were extremely satisfied and hope you give us a call for your next project.

10/04/2021

Carl J.

The work was completed in two days (separated by approx. 2 weeks). The ceiling came out great! Steve and his crew were very professional and they were very careful about not making a mess, and they did an excellent job cleaning up after themselves. Steve listened carefully to my requirements and fulfilled my expectations. I'm a very happy customer!

Description of Work
Repair hole in plaster ceiling, scrape plaster acoustic, float, water stain block, and paint. 12' x 12' room.

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/10/2021

Dear Member, Thank you for your great review and 5 stars! Steven send his best and we are glad that you were satisfied with the job. Keep us in mind for any future projects.

07/06/2021

Ethan W.

reasonably priced and professional. went the extra mile to make sure we were satisfied! Thanks!

Description of Work
electrical, finishing out garage (storage and drywall), painting cabinets

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, picture framing, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/29/2021

Dear Member, We are happy to see your review and thank you for your it. It was great working with you and we are soooo glad you were satisfied, that's all we wanted!

06/12/2021

James B.

I have used Original Richard for many years for various repairs and painting on the multi unit rental property I own. They are always reliable, fairly priced, and the work is done promptly and professionally. Recently I had a water pipe leak which required removing and replacing damaged drywall and refinishing the wall to match existing finishes ( painting). Original Richard is a family run business that has performed multiple projects for me over the years. As usual, I called Jacky in the main office and she made an appointment for Steven to come out and give me an estimate. The price was fair and work was scheduled. On the appointed day, because it was a small project, Steven and his son showed up and repaired the wall. On larger projects they always have a well staffed crew to do the work. The next day they came back and repainted the wall. I like using Original Richard because they are local, reliable, reasonably priced, protect and cleanup the work area, and do good quality work.

Description of Work
Wall repair and refinishing

Category contractors, drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

Dear Member, As always it is a pleasure to hear from you again. We know we are doing something right if we are able to have great people such as you return for our business. We appreciate you and we hope to keep you as our customer for a long time. And as always thank you! thank you! for this great review.

12/14/2020

Kelly R.

I have a 70-year old house with original plumbing. It was time to start fresh. Richard and his crew did a great job and were timely and efficient. There were no problems when inspection time came and everything passed the first time.

Description of Work
Replumbed entire house

Category contractors, plumbing

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Dear Member, Thank you for the review! We appreciate you taking time and sending us the good grades. We have a few projects going on your old home and can't wait to see your reviews on those. It is pleasure working for you and are soooo grateful for this review.

10/28/2020

Randall E.

Some imperfections in the ceiling orange peel (not water damage) needed to be fixed especially after I tried to fix it myself. Steve came by after the appointment was set and skimmed the entire ceiling and reapplied the orange peel. Everything came out looking great. After I saw the quality of work done I contracted to have the company do some painting especially after Steve said there painters were very good.(Which they were) For the sake of time I ask them to paint bedroom mentioned above and the family room after the floors were installed. . A crew of three came and did all the prep work and painted the ceiling, walls and new baseboards in one day. In each case everything was done neatly with plastic down and taping off certain areas to protect everything. We are so happy with the end result.

Description of Work
Ceiling in bedroom needed to be fixed and painting of two rooms

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

Dear Member, Thank you for the detailed and awesome review. We appreciate you giving us a chance to show you our painting skills and glad you were happy with the results. We also do exterior painting, stucco, remodeling, and other work if you should need us. Thanks again for taking your time and giving us a review.

09/16/2020

Joanna C.

Amazing job by Riccardo with Original Richard. With his many years of experience, he did the job incredibly fast and so neatly plus he was just a nice guy. He clearly takes pride in his work and even touched up a little bit of scuffing over the door frame (even though that wasn't technically part of the job) to make the room look brand new. We love how much lighter the room feels since he completed the job and are so happy we went with Original Richards. I'll also mention that I got quotes from a handful of companies and Original Richards had the best rate by about 20%. Would definitely go with them and Riccardo for our next interior painting project!

Description of Work
painting a bedroom

Category contractors, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

Dear Member, It is such joy to read your review and hear that our installers are committed to giving great service. We hope your enjoy the fresh room and the money saved =) We look forward to your next project!

09/01/2020

Miki W.

Richard and his staff are extremely professional and helpful throughout the whole process of scraping our ceiling. They were prompt and responded to phone calls as well as worked with my tight schedule. The crew came in and did a detailed job without leaving a huge mess behind. Thank you again we love our ceiling!

Description of Work
Scraping Popcorn Ceiling

Category drywall

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

Dear Member, We thank you for your great review and are glad to hear you were happy with our services. We hope to hear from you if you have any future projects.

07/05/2020

Suzanne M.

It went great. Steve from Original Richard was helpful and very attentive to our needs and sensitive timing issues. The workers did a nice job, working hard all day to complete the job in a prompt manner so that we could complete our widow installation. Jacky was also wonderful in responding to our needs. Thank you! Suzanne

Description of Work
drywall and wood repair around windows due to water damage.

Category contractors, drywall

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

Dear member, We at Original Richard thank you for reviewing our company, we appreciate your business and the wonderful review. It was a pleasure ! Thanks again, Original Richard

07/05/2020

Brian H.

I highly recommend to hire "Original Richard," because after much search, I finally found a good contractor to fix my old stucco at a reasonable rate. "Steven" whose the estimator and son of the Contractor was cooperative and with ease, I knew that I would be pleased. "Donna" too whom I met to give my deposit was so nice and accommodating. I felt that "Greg" who did the repair has done more than I expected, knew what to do and was professional. I will definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Foundation, new kitchen door trim, damage by plumber and cracks.

Category stucco

Work Completed On 07/05/2020

Dear Member, Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we at Original Richard take pride in our work and all our customers. It was a pleasure ! Thanks again, Original Richard

06/05/2020

Craig N.

Worked with Steven from start to finish and everything went well. Compromised with my needs and a pleasure to deal with. They completed the entire house, including ceilings, for a 1200 sqft home in one week. They did need to take one day off because of an emergency but Steven let me know the day before and they still completed in the timeframe we discussed. Very good work and friendly workers. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for drywall!

Description of Work
Tape and mud drywall

Category drywall

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

Dear member, Thank you for taking the time to review our company, we appreciate your business and if we can be of service to you in the future please do not hesitate to call on us. Thanks again, Original Richard

06/04/2020

Jacqueline L.

Perfect! They responded promptly and would was happy with the results.

Description of Work
stucco patch and paint

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

Dear Member, It was pleasure working for you. We service lots of great people in the South Bay areas as well as Orange County, and Los Angeles. We know you have lots of options for painting services and are glad you choose us. We thank you for the review,

05/23/2020

Jim A.

They sent me an initial email, I responded with photos of damage and requested a quote. No one ever got back to me. Extremely dissatisfied.

Description of Work
Stucco repair

Category contractors

Work Completed On 05/23/2020

04/21/2020

Jeremy O.

So far so amazing. Owner is very sweet. Very polite and receptive. He has checked on the job site 3-4x’s. His son is just as nice. He’s checked on the job site 2-3x’s both have any assisted in something in our home. Prices were very reasonable. They all wash their hands continuously. They wear masks and do not take them off. All crew members vet extremely receptive and continuously keep me updated. Job site is kept clean. They broomed as they’ve gone along. I cannot wait for the end results. I’m very please with this company and so far would definitely do business and definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a honest hardworking business.

Description of Work
Drywall and framing of doors. Mudding walls, skimming walls.

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, remodeling

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

Dear member, Thank you for the wonderful review, we at Original Richard take pride in every job we do and it was a pleasure doing business with you. We appreciate your business and if we can be of service to you in the future please don't hesitate to call. Thanks again, Original Richard

03/25/2020

Michael N.

ORIGINAL RICHARD is our go-to painting contractor. They do great work inside and out. They also installed our custom tile fireplace impeccably! I needed some exterior touchup this week to repair some trim after a gate was removed. I am so impressed - you can't see that there was ever any damage. Thank you so much!

Description of Work
Exterior touch ups, tile fireplace, interior painting

Category ceramic tile, plastering, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

Dear member, Thank you for taking the time to review our company, It was a pleasure doing business with you, and we very much appreciate your business. If we can be of service to you in the future please don't hesitate to call. Thanks again, Original Richard

09/16/2019

Jim H.

Team arrived right on time. Team cleanly wrapped everything up to keep it clean. The team got a ton of work done in a single day, installing two large boards of drywall and texturing it. The texture was seamless with what already existed and I am very happy with how it looks. On a separate occasion I had the team come out to install floor and crown molding. They worked very efficiently again. Overall the quality looks good though I am awaiting a follow up scheduling for painting which will determine the final look. I bought the wrong kind of crown molding at first and the team went above and beyond to drive me to a nearby molding shop and get the right stuff.

Description of Work
Drywall and molding installation

Category drywall, plastering