Original Richard

California: Contractors
01/31/2023

PO Box 1768

Wilmington, CA 90748

Our company was founded in 1972 for the installation of acoustic ceilings. Since that time, we have expanded to become a reliable painting contractor, stucco contractor and drywall contractor. In our over three decades in business, we have served over 40,000 satisfied customers in Los Angeles, CA and Orange County, CA. We offer a wide range of services that include sand blasting, acoustical removal, acoustical ceilings application, stucco, drywall, plastering, custom painting, wall texture, rose towers and home restoration. At Original Richard, we understand that homeowners need to know the cost of projects before the work begins for budget purposes. We offer free estimates for sand blasting, acoustical removal, stucco, drywall, acoustical ceilings and any of our other services. Please give us a call to schedule an appointment for a free estimate for the services you require. Additional DBA - Acoustic Ceilings by Original Richard....

plastering (138)drywall (85)interior painting (76)stucco (64)house painting (36)electrician (23)general contractors (16)lighting (15)woodworking (13)water damage restoration (12)plumbers (9)home remodeling (6)

07/06/2021

reasonably priced and professional. went the extra mile to make sure we were satisfied! Thanks!

Description of Work
electrical, finishing out garage (storage and drywall), painting cabinets

Category contractors,drywall,electrician,picture framing,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/29/2021

06/12/2021

I have used Original Richard for many years for various repairs and painting on the multi unit rental property I own. They are always reliable, fairly priced, and the work is done promptly and professionally. Recently I had a water pipe leak which required removing and replacing damaged drywall and refinishing the wall to match existing finishes ( painting). Original Richard is a family run busine...

Description of Work
Wall repair and refinishing

Category contractors,drywall,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

12/14/2020

I have a 70-year old house with original plumbing. It was time to start fresh. Richard and his crew did a great job and were timely and efficient. There were no problems when inspection time came and everything passed the first time.

Description of Work
Replumbed entire house

Category contractors,plumbing

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Dear Member, Thank you for the review! We appreciate you taking time and sending us the good grades. We have a few projects going on your old home and can't wait to see your reviews on those. It is pleasure working for you and are soooo grateful for this review.

10/28/2020

Some imperfections in the ceiling orange peel (not water damage) needed to be fixed especially after I tried to fix it myself. Steve came by after the appointment was set and skimmed the entire ceiling and reapplied the orange peel. Everything came out looking great. After I saw the quality of work done I contracted to have the company do some painting especially after Steve said there painters we...

Description of Work
Ceiling in bedroom needed to be fixed and painting of two rooms

Category plastering,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

Dear Member, Thank you for the detailed and awesome review. We appreciate you giving us a chance to show you our painting skills and glad you were happy with the results. We also do exterior painting, stucco, remodeling, and other work if you should need us. Thanks again for taking your time and giving us a review.

09/16/2020

Amazing job by Riccardo with Original Richard. With his many years of experience, he did the job incredibly fast and so neatly plus he was just a nice guy. He clearly takes pride in his work and even touched up a little bit of scuffing over the door frame (even though that wasn't technically part of the job) to make the room look brand new. We love how much lighter the room feels since he complete...

Description of Work
painting a bedroom

Category contractors,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

Dear Member, It is such joy to read your review and hear that our installers are committed to giving great service. We hope your enjoy the fresh room and the money saved =) We look forward to your next project!

09/01/2020

Richard and his staff are extremely professional and helpful throughout the whole process of scraping our ceiling. They were prompt and responded to phone calls as well as worked with my tight schedule. The crew came in and did a detailed job without leaving a huge mess behind. Thank you again we love our ceiling!

Description of Work
Scraping Popcorn Ceiling

Category drywall

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

Dear Member, We thank you for your great review and are glad to hear you were happy with our services. We hope to hear from you if you have any future projects.

07/05/2020

It went great. Steve from Original Richard was helpful and very attentive to our needs and sensitive timing issues. The workers did a nice job, working hard all day to complete the job in a prompt manner so that we could complete our widow installation. Jacky was also wonderful in responding to our needs. Thank you! Suzanne

Description of Work
drywall and wood repair around windows due to water damage.

Category contractors,drywall

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

Dear member, We at Original Richard thank you for reviewing our company, we appreciate your business and the wonderful review. It was a pleasure ! Thanks again, Original Richard

07/05/2020

I highly recommend to hire "Original Richard," because after much search, I finally found a good contractor to fix my old stucco at a reasonable rate. "Steven" whose the estimator and son of the Contractor was cooperative and with ease, I knew that I would be pleased. "Donna" too whom I met to give my deposit was so nice and accommodating. I felt that "Greg" who did the repair has done more than I...

Description of Work
Foundation, new kitchen door trim, damage by plumber and cracks.

Category stucco

Work Completed On 07/05/2020

Dear Member, Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we at Original Richard take pride in our work and all our customers. It was a pleasure ! Thanks again, Original Richard

06/05/2020

Worked with Steven from start to finish and everything went well. Compromised with my needs and a pleasure to deal with. They completed the entire house, including ceilings, for a 1200 sqft home in one week. They did need to take one day off because of an emergency but Steven let me know the day before and they still completed in the timeframe we discussed. Very good work and friendly workers. I w...

Description of Work
Tape and mud drywall

Category drywall

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

Dear member, Thank you for taking the time to review our company, we appreciate your business and if we can be of service to you in the future please do not hesitate to call on us. Thanks again, Original Richard

06/04/2020

Perfect! They responded promptly and would was happy with the results.

Description of Work
stucco patch and paint

Category contractors,house painters

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

Dear Member, It was pleasure working for you. We service lots of great people in the South Bay areas as well as Orange County, and Los Angeles. We know you have lots of options for painting services and are glad you choose us. We thank you for the review,

Acoustic removal, application & repair, wall texture, drywall, plastering, stucco repair, sand blasting & re-stucco, interior & exterior patching & painting, t-bar ceilings, crown molding, baseboard & can lighting.