WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc.

Founded 1983 • With Angi since August 2005

4.3

8231 Ocean View Ave

Whittier, CA 90602

WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. is your local full service expert at hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor repairs, hardwood floor services, flooring installation, and flooring repairs! We offer many hardwood flooring services including hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor repair, hardwood floor replacement, hardwood floor finishing, hardwood refinishing hardwood flooring staining, flooring service, flooring installation, flooring repair, floor service, floor installation, floor repair, laminate floor installation, laminate floor repair, laminate floor service, and more. We offer the highest quality selection of premium hardwood floors, engineered floors, and laminate floors. We use the best flooring materials including oak, cherry, walnut, pine, maple, ash, and more. We provide installation, sanding and finishing of all wood flooring. We also provide cleaning services for your wood flooring. We have been your local full service professional at hardwood flooring, hardwood floor installation, and new flooring installation for over 30 years. Call today with any questions or details!...

02/09/2015

Perry C.

We wanted to refinish the upstairs and downstairs wood floors. They broke two pieces of antique furniture before they started. They lightly sanded the upstairs but did not remove the old finish. It was my understanding the old finish would be gone or at least I would not be able to see the old "gold" color. I was wrong They patched the floor in one room, sanded it down to the bare wood and gave it a coat of polyurathne. After it dried several patches still showed through. I asked him about it and he said they were stains. Bogus. I had them resand the floor and then he admitted he was wrong. They dribbled polyurathane in several areas and there were bublbes in the finish. It was the first coat and they could sand them out but I was not impressed with the professionalism of the first coat. One room had discoloartion and so many stains it looked horrible. He calimed he stated that they would still be there before he started the job but I never would have hired him to do the job if Iknew that the floors would look the same or worse. I wanted newly refinshed floors. I asked him to re-adjust the bid to include the complete sanding of all rooms. His price was now some $3000 higher than his original. I asked him to stop the work and how much I owed for the work they did. I ended up paying him $1600 ( basically to remove the old carpet and fill in the holes). Nice guy but he I would never use him again. If you use him get everything in writing because he is not clear!!! I hired him because he was on Angies List and had the best price. Overall I was not impressed the overall professionalism. I hired another someone else to finish the job at a cost of $3753.

Description of Work
removed the carpet, filled in holes, lightly sanded

01/13/2015

Steven W.

Description of Work
Had new hardwood floors in the living room and dinging room 10 years ago. Walter took the carpet and original hardwood floor out of the bedrooms and installed new hardwood floors. Then he cleaned, scuffed and put a refresher coat on the living room and dining room. It looks transparent, you have to know to tell the difference.

10/28/2014

linda H.

Description of Work
Walter was very professional. He and His workers fixed some damaged water spots, sanded my hardwood floors and coated them. My floors look better then new. The price was good. But most of all I trusted them to do a great job and they did. Walter told us exactly what he was going to do. Showed us pictures and was here to show his workers how to do the work and to help them. I will use WC flooring again and recommend them to my friends and to you.

09/23/2014

SYLVIA P.

The estimate was exactly in our budget for this type of work and he provided a realistic start date. Walter came exactly on schedule with 2 assistants and they completed a beautiful job within a week. They worked very cleanly and with very little interruption. There were no surprises. I highly recommend Walter who takes a lot of pride in his craftsmanship. We will definitely use him for future jobs.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood floors in entryway, living room, dining room and hallway.

09/07/2014

cherie L.

Overall work was good (refinishing) however they did a sloppy job with the patch work in the damaged areas. I had them come back multiple times to fix since I was only able to access certain parts of the house since the poly was still drying. They were receptive to my dissatisfaction and came back to fix but it did impede on my move-in date which was frustrating.

Description of Work
refinish floors and patch damaged areas

07/15/2014

Yelois N.

Description of Work
The company gave a good price. When it came time for them to perform the duty, they said we did not confirm, which we did and we called them again regarding how to prep for their arrival. I would not recommend them.

06/12/2014

Rebecca S.

Sand/strip, stain and applied 3 finish coats of poly to 1000 SQ Ft of original red oak hardwood flooring. In addition, WC Hardwood Flooring removed and replaced existing red oak flooring which was water damaged. Installed new red oak 3/4 inch round baseboard in two closet locations. I contacted two angieslist "A" rated hardwood floor providers, and one outside but highly rated provider. WC Hardwood flooring was the only one to provide me with a written bid/proposal. The others verbalized their bids to me. One of the Angies list A rated service provider appeared annoyed that I asked for pictures of his prior work. WC Hardwood flooring readily provided pics of his work. WC Hardwood flooring was forthright in all the work perfomed. Please note that Walter (Owner) of WC Hardwood flooring performed the work himself along with his crew. His crew were also hardworking and friendly. Walter was honest and fair during this work effort. I had never met Walter prior to this job. I would use WC hardwood Flooring Again! I rate them as A+++.

Description of Work
Refinish existing hardwood flooring.

06/09/2014

Denise S.

Description of Work
Repair my wood floor.

05/12/2014

daniel R.

It went very well. the guys were profession and friendly. They were on time and always ready to answer any questions or give you information that would make you confident that they were the guys for the job. And that they were. They came in an completed the job promptly and wonderfully. I would definitely use there services again when ever I need some floor work!

Description of Work
The provider installed a section of new bamboo floor boards in the master bedroom.

03/26/2014

Ben H.

Cancel any other estimate you have and go with WC Hardwood Flooring Co Inc. Walter and his crew are true professionals. They were on time and very courteous. Floors were installed quickly and with minimal mess. Walter went out of his way to locate the exact flooring type and color we wanted.

Description of Work
Put a new floor in the dinning room.

03/07/2014

karen P.

Wonderful job...very professional..timely....neat work and beautiful floors!

Description of Work
Sanded and sealed existing hardwood floors.

09/16/2013

Cameron M.

Found W.C. on Angie's list and gave him a call and left a message. Walter called back and seemed very knowledgeable about the whole process and offered to come out the next day to have a look at the floors and give me an estimate. Walter showed up on time and measured all the rooms and we sat down to discuss the details. He showed us different stains available and explained the whole process of how long it would take and when he could start the work and the 3 coats of polyurathane that he would use. He wrote up a quote in front of us and we negotiated a price. He was able to start the work 4 days later. The crew showed on time each day and Walter came by periodically to check how things were going and even participated in the work. Walter is a very likable person and is open to suggestions and making sure the customer happy. He gave me his mobile number and picked up the phone each time I had a question. The entire floors was sanded very professonally with high end equipment and then he tested some stains on the worst areas until we were happy with a color. We had to go a little darker to cover the cat urine stains of the previous owner. Along the way we decided to replace some of the areas of wood the were very badly damaged and Walter gave us a great price on the additional work. The work was started on Tues with a crew of 3-4 and was finished on Friday with the final coat. The floors look fantastic. we chose a duraseal rosewood stain which was just dark enough to cover the urine strains. You won't find a more experienced person than Walter. He has +30 years in the business and sowed us many pictures of other jobs he has done great. I would not hesitate to bring him back. We had another person refinish a floor on another house for us at about half the price but he left waves in the floor, only put 2 coats on, only wanted to do natural finish, and was in and out in a day. After that I swore I would not use cheap people who cannot explain the process clearly in the English language. Walter did everything right and we are very happy. He price was also better than some others that quoted prices over the phone.

Description of Work
Walter and his crew stained and refinished approximately 810 sq ft of hardwood floors. He also replaced about 100 sq ft of 1/2 white oak that were damaged by deep cat urine stains that would not have been possible to cover with any color stain. He also provided wood transition threshold inclines between area of diffing heights. Gave us a written quote at a reasonable price and stuck to the price. Showed up on time and fished the work in 4 days. Great job.

11/28/2012

JENNY R.

I called them, it was just a recording, and I did not get a call back. The third time I called I asked if they were in business. They finally called me back that day. He did come and gave me the quote on taking out the carpets and refurbishing my floors. Everything was okay from that point on and he gave me a cell phone number so that I could call him directly. He seemed to be thorough and as far as once he got there, it was okay. He said that he had some workers that would be working for him. He took his time and showed me everything that they would do. He said that he does an extra coating of polishing that most people do not do. He takes great pride in what he does. My niece used them and liked them a lot and that is why I called them. I am considering him. I want to do some more price comparisons.

Description of Work
W C Hardwood Flooring gave me a quote for 2600 dollars.

06/20/2012

Alan P.

I was referred to WC Hardwood Floors by a neighbor who had her floors done. I checked for referrals on Angie's List. The owner, Walter, came to look at the floor. I had called him on Friday and he came out on Tuesday. I contacted several other companies. Most gave me an estimate over the phone and "didn't need to see the floor." Walter does the sanding himself and walked through the house, looked at all the damaged areas, and gave me a price that was lower than the other companies. The pet stains were a problem area. Walter said he could sand them but would not be able to get them all out without damaging the wood. He recommended a dark stain to hide them. He and his crew of two arrived on time, taped off all the doorways to restrict dust. They first made all the repairs to the termite damaged areas while Walter started in on the sanding. Sanding took most of the day. Once sanded, he showed us a sample of the dark color on the sanded floor. We thought it looked too red so Walter custom blended a color, mixing ebony and mahogany, to keep the color dark. The ebony really toned down the red.The first coat was put on that day. They came back the next day for the second coat, then another day for the third coat. Walter did a great job and we are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Our rental house had hardwood floors that were covered by carpets. The previous tenants had several dogs and when we tore out the carpets there were several bad pet stains on the otherwise nice hardwood floor. We needed someone to refinish the floors and remove the stains. There was also water remite damage in one room that needed repair.

07/12/2006

SKIP C.

I was very dissatisfied with our overall experience. This is a small mom & pop operation, and when I called in a got an installation rate of $2.50 square foot, but when I got the written estimate it was at $2.75 square foot. He quoted me a price of $1 per foot to install the molding, and then overcharged on that. When I questioned him he told me it was more difficult than he thought. He damaged a door and broke a crystal candle holder which he never mentioned, and I had to bring it up. He left a mess with stains all over my baseboard and lower walls. When he cleaned the glue stains off the floor he left the solvent on it. He was difficult to work with and always reluctant to take responsibility for his actions.

Description of Work
Installed approximately 750 square feet of hardwood flooring in 3 rooms and hallway.

08/24/2005

PEGGY S.

I HAD TO REPLACE SOME FLOORING BECAUSE OF TERMITE AND PET DAMAGE. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, THEY DID A FLAWLESS JOB. IT WAS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY FROM BEFORE TO AFTER. HE WASN'T THE CHEAPEST ON PRICE, BUT HE WAS WELL WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY.

Description of Work
THEY REFINISHED AND REPAIRED OUR HARDWOOD FLOORING.

Diditan Group Remodeling

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Painting, Flooring and Ceramic Tile services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Tulio's Flooring

Tulio's Flooring is a hardwood floors installation and refinishing company. With over 35 years of experience, we are a local family owned business operation that cares about our craft. While other businesses push for installations at a high cost, our company focuses on each situation and can preserve your existing hardwood floors when possible. Tulio's Flooring offers a variety of services at competitive prices that will work for your family's budget. For standard setting excellence in design, quality, and customer satisfaction, call Tulio's Flooring. Please contact us for free estimates, quotes, and all other inquiries @ tulioc61@hotmail.com

Ak Hardwood Floors

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc.

How is WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. overall rated?

WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. is currently rated 4.3 overall out of 5.

What days are WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. open?

WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. is open:

What payment options does WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. provide

WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc.?

No, WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. offer?

WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. offers the following services: We are your full service experts at hardwood flooring installation and repair! We install, add, and repair your hardwood, engineered, or laminate floors for your home or business. Call today!

Are there any services WC Hardwood Flooring Co. Inc. does not offer?